One Night Stand [Drama][Mystery][NaNoRenO 2016] - COMPLETE

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

Re: One Night Stand [Drama][Mystery][NaNoRenO 2016]

#31 Post by Kinmoku »

We're getting really close now! Let me show you some gameplay screenshots...

Nana7
Regular
Projects: Unichan (NanoReno), Keylocker
Tumblr: umiloo

#32 Post by Nana7 »

It's looking sooo good! I'm mainly looking your devlog through twitter and never really came here, but god, this is just gorgeous! The animation is amazing!

Also, I love the GUI, and these little balloons with text, it's very fitting to the whole scene, the choice of colors are great.

Looking forward!

Lodratio
Regular
Projects: S P H I N X

#33 Post by Lodratio »

This is really taking shape. Very nice!

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Kinmoku »

The game is now up on Itch.io! Oh my God, I'm so excited (and tired!). I hope you all enjoy it :)

This is the NaNoRenO version... there will be a fuller version coming in Summer with extra content that we wanted to add. I really wish we had the extra week, but I am going on holiday in a few hours and do not plan on taking my laptop with me! ;-)

Anyway, here is the link. Thanks again for all your kind words and support!

https://kinmoku.itch.io/one-night-stand

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#35 Post by shortycake »

can you also post this on mediafire? I can't download the file because I'm getting privacy error from itch.io. DX

Also, congrats finishing the game! :D

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#36 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

shortycake wrote:can you also post this on mediafire? I can't download the file because I'm getting privacy error from itch.io. DX

I second the motion. Anyway congrats!
(Lol. Is this an election?)

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Kinmoku »

shortycake wrote:can you also post this on mediafire? I can't download the file because I'm getting privacy error from itch.io. DX

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy wrote:

I second the motion. Anyway congrats!
(Lol. Is this an election?)
Hey guys. Oh dear... Is this the first time you've downloaded from Itch.io? I tried it on both of my computers and it worked on 1 but not the other. I had to accept the privacy settings (or something) on the other, and then it downloaded :)

Nayru774
Regular
Completed: SoulSet, Blankspace
Projects: The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Tumblr: NoBreadStudio
itch: nobreadstudio

Re: One Night Stand [Drama][Mystery][NaNoRenO 2016] - COMPLE

#38 Post by Nayru774 »

Yes, you just have to "enable alternate download mode" while pressing the "Downloads not starting?" at the right of the screen and it should work fine. c: (It didn't want to download for me at first, either.)

Either way, I played it and I absolutely loved it! The game has a great atmosphere, I'm in love with the whole GUI and the animations are just a joy to watch. :D It's also very nicely written and I like the variety in all the options you can choose (both dialogue-oriented ones and while exploring the room). You did an amazing job with the whole thing!

I'm definitely looking forward to the summer version! In the meantime I'll keep exploring this one, since I think I got the bad ending on my first playthrough. xD

Enjoy your holiday!
Image Image Image

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Kinmoku »

Nayru774 wrote:Yes, you just have to "enable alternate download mode" while pressing the "Downloads not starting?" at the right of the screen and it should work fine. c: (It didn't want to download for me at first, either.)

Either way, I played it and I absolutely loved it! The game has a great atmosphere, I'm in love with the whole GUI and the animations are just a joy to watch. :D It's also very nicely written and I like the variety in all the options you can choose (both dialogue-oriented ones and while exploring the room). You did an amazing job with the whole thing!

I'm definitely looking forward to the summer version! In the meantime I'll keep exploring this one, since I think I got the bad ending on my first playthrough. xD

Enjoy your holiday!
Thank you so much! You are our first comment so it's really exciting to hear what you thought! I'm really looking forward to making the full version. I'll let you know when it's done :)

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#40 Post by shortycake »

Kinmoku wrote:Hey guys. Oh dear... Is this the first time you've downloaded from Itch.io? I tried it on both of my computers and it worked on 1 but not the other. I had to accept the privacy settings (or something) on the other, and then it downloaded :)
Ahaha not really! I downloaded from itch.io before! This is the first time it happened so I get confused! Sorry! I'm currently downloading the game! I'll leave feedback once I'm done!
Nayru774 wrote:Yes, you just have to "enable alternate download mode" while pressing the "Downloads not starting?" at the right of the screen and it should work fine. c: (It didn't want to download for me at first, either.)
Oh, thank you for your help! I can finally download the game!

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#41 Post by Steamgirl »

Wow, what a cool experience! It really captures the morning after well! Though it was a bit weird (for me) looking through the eyes of a guy.

I played through twice but got the same ending both times. Not sure if there were any others? Also not sure if it matters which items you examine?
I liked Robin a lot, wish I could spend more time with her but she kicked me out both times. :(
In terms of presentation it's like... AMAZING! I love the whole style and the way everything comes together. Attention to detail, like the menu buttons wobbling, and the hazy effect when you first wake up. Obviously the animation is very very cool!

The writing is very "life-like" but I didn't feel like it was building up to anything (perhaps due to the ending I got). It was fun to try and puzzle together what had happened though!

I'll definitely play it again when the expansion comes out. :)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#42 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hey! My internet download manager got deleted. Even if I enabled the alternative download, it still doesn't work. :(
Can you help me?
(I was really looking forward to it. This is one of favorites in this year's NaNo but now my heart 's gonna be crushed. :cry:
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#43 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Congrats on finishing!

doktorcrimson
Regular
Completed: Prince Caterpillar [NaNo16]
Projects: Friend Me
Tumblr: doktorcrimson
Deviantart: dr-crimson

#44 Post by doktorcrimson »

Ah the rotoscope sprites look so nice~ congrats on finishing!

BrightWings

#45 Post by BrightWings »

I loved the game! The animation is great (really convincing), the dialogue is organic. Robin is really relatable and feels real. Thank you very much! Great job!

Oh, and if it helps, during one of my runs I somehow caused this:

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 2701, in script
if robinis == "weird":
File "D:\Jocuri\Visual novels\One_Night_Stand-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1648, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Jocuri\Visual novels\One_Night_Stand-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1490, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Jocuri\Visual novels\One_Night_Stand-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1485, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 2701, in <module>
if robinis == "weird":
NameError: name 'robinis' is not defined

It appeared several times, but I was able to complete the path by pressing 'Ignore'. I think I somehow caused it during the 'selection' phase, I ended up selecting about 5 ?

Is there a way of knowing what the endings are?
More precisely, is there a way to be more than friends that I am somehow missing?