Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet [Friendship][YuriJam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet [Friendship][YuriJam]

#1 Post by DrSchizo »

In a peaceful town of magic users, there is a shop that only sells ordinary, non-magical candies. Atelier Sweets.
The owner is known as the Candy Alchemist, a firm believer in science as the superior art.
Proud and stubborn, she continues to make magnificent candies in order to prove her case.

But one day, she found in her workshop a magical golem made of candy that wants to become her friend.
Where did she come from? Who the heck made her? GO FIND OUT!!

-- The game has 10 endings and 17,001 words. --

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://nomnomnami.itch.io/syrup-and-the-ultimate-sweet

WEB VERSION
http://sandbox-adventure.com/syrup/

Image Image
Image Image

-- CREDITS --

Story+Art: NomnomNami
Music: Mock Off
Web version: Dr Schizo

-- CONTENT ADVISORY --

There is some candy nudity.
In some paths she gets eaten.
In some paths characters die.
There are a few quick screen shakes and flashes.

-- NOTE --

All credit goes to NomnomNami for the wonderful story and arts and Mock Off for the perfectly fitted music.
I haven't made this game, merely translated it into HTML. So I can honestly tell you that this game is so cute, so fun and some routes are so surprizing, you all have to play this!!!!!!
I would still advice you to play the web version though ;)
Nami is shy and that's why I'm posting this game here for her. But she will definitely read the feedbacks so don't hesitate to tell what you think of the game!

-- ADDITIONAL LINKS --

The soundtrack is available HERE.
6 video playthroughs: ErynCerise, PressHeartToContinue, acindra, Geek Remix, BeardBox and Blake Star.
You can find more about NomnomNami's work HERE. If you like her work maybe consider supporting her on patreon.
Last edited by DrSchizo on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

greenace
Regular

Re: Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet [Friendship][YuriJam]

#2 Post by greenace »

This game is adorable!
I played the original VN version just the other night and loved it.
I shall check out your web version too. ^w^

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#3 Post by Joshua1207 »

Awesome to see this got a web version. I had a lot of fun making the music for it. Very very fun read through, all of the characters are great & adorable! Nami has such a beautiful art style too.
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#4 Post by somestrangecircus »

I wrote a review of this game on my blog here. I quite enjoyed it despite my usual aversion to too much cutesyness.

DrSchizo
Regular

#5 Post by DrSchizo »

There are three new video playthroughs by:

LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)
Tumblr: LydianChord
Github: lydianchord
Soundcloud: LydianChord
itch: alexh

#6 Post by LydianChord »

Oh, I have some more specific feedback than what I gave in the Romance Detective thread after quickly playing through your web version of this game! I really like how you included two different skip speeds! As someone who's already gotten all the endings in the Ren'py version, the shift + ctrl skip was very useful. However, and I only noticed this because of the background color schemes in this game, some of the choices were slightly difficult to read because of the text color. It might help to put the choices in boxes with their own background color to make them stand out more, like in the original game. But overall, great job!
Things I've worked on:
- KAIMA Soundtrack (dark RPG with multiple endings, game by NomnomNami here)
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)

DrSchizo
Regular

#7 Post by DrSchizo »

Thanks! There is even a third hidden fast forward speed (CTRL + SHIFT + >), but it's really fast!

Also, I've made the change on the choice buttons so it's now easier to read ;)

LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)

#8 Post by LydianChord »

Awesome! Although, I don't know if this is just happening to me, but now it seems like the text from the choices merges together and lingers briefly after making a decision.
Things I've worked on:
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)

morg
Regular
Projects: Cupid's Affair
Tumblr: n-morg

#9 Post by morg »

I loved this game! all the aspects were cute, the sprites, the backgrounds, the music, the dialogue. my favourite character is Gumdrop! she's so adorable
Good luck and I hope the creator continues making games :D

LydianChord

#10 Post by LydianChord »

morg wrote:Good luck and I hope the creator continues making games :D
She definitely will! Actually, Nami is making a series of RPG Maker games based on the place where the wolf Treat (from this game) lives, and she'll be releasing the third game very soon! You can find the first two games on her itch.io page: https://nomnomnami.itch.io
Things I've worked on:

DrSchizo
Regular

#11 Post by DrSchizo »

LydianChord wrote:Awesome! Although, I don't know if this is just happening to me, but now it seems like the text from the choices merges together and lingers briefly after making a decision.
It definitely looks like a problem with your browser cache, that keep using the old style file. Can you check if it is working now? If it is not, a CTRL+F5 (or APPLE+F5) should do the trick.

LydianChord

#12 Post by LydianChord »

DrSchizo wrote:It definitely looks like a problem with your browser cache, that keep using the old style file. Can you check if it is working now? If it is not, a CTRL+F5 (or APPLE+F5) should do the trick.
Hm, I tried clearing my cache and using incognito mode in Chrome, but I'm still getting this problem. It also happens in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

For reference, this is what it looks like at the bottom of the screen whenever I make a choice (the different options show up on one line for a brief moment before disappearing): http://i.imgur.com/ZT8NFwn.png
Things I've worked on:

DrSchizo
Regular

#13 Post by DrSchizo »

I've checked all possible explainations and it is definitely a cache problem. If not, you will at least see the choices in red like before. But it might a server-side cache problem.
Ayway, to prevent this to be a problem, I've modified the script in order to always display the choices on separate lines, even if the CSS code isn't properly interpreted. The links should still be displayed in white on your computer, but at least they won't merge together.

Here is how choices look without the cache problem:

LydianChord

#14 Post by LydianChord »

Right, the choices have always appeared correctly in the boxes ever since you made that modification. That part looks great! The lingering text issue hasn't changed for me though. But it is less distracting now that the options appear on separate lines after the boxes disappear.

Before clicking:

After clicking:

I'm pretty happy with how it is now. I just thought I should clarify what I'm seeing.
Things I've worked on:

DrSchizo
Regular

#15 Post by DrSchizo »

Note to myself: it's important to read carefully every word in a sentence when a reading about a bug.
I understood "while making a decision" instead of "after making a decision". :oops:

Anyway, I fixed that locally but I haven't made the change online yet. I will do it with the next update.
Thanks for telling me about that!