Lucky Me, Lucky You [NaNo2016, Complete]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: Lucky Me, Lucky You [NaNo2016]

#16 Post by ebi-hime »

@ Candy☆Giants
Thank you! I need to do work on the other menus, like the preferences/save/load etc... I want to finish them up in one day, and get them out of the way.
Also, these filtered BGs, haha XD; Well, I kind of like using photographs in stories set in the 'real world', since they add the sense of realism.

@ Harliqueen
Thank you!
Yes, the sprites are so cuute >_< The artist did a really good job!
I always feel, when I get art, I need to work hard on the story so it does the art justice XD

And I added a few more screenshots, to show some of the sprite positioning, and an... interesting aside Nanami, just because.
She's kind of scary...
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

ebi-hime
Veteran

#17 Post by ebi-hime »

Update to show work on the GUI. It's mostly done (yay) even though I have to edit the options menu a bit because of a typo, and a couple of other issues.
I don't know if I'll update this thread too much more until the final release, since I've probably shown everything that can be shown... Now I just need to keep proofing >_<
I want to add in a couple more scenes, because I think they would be cute, and I'm toying with the idea of adding an extras section, too... Just cause.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#18 Post by infel »

I think I'll like her =). It's nice to see variety honestly =D. She's also realistic to which is also important. Ps- Really nice GUI =D.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

ebi-hime
Veteran

#19 Post by ebi-hime »

@ infel
Well, I hope she's realistic XD; I tried not to worry too much about making 'likable' characters and just making characters, so I hope it goes well.
And I'm glad you like the GUI u_u It's been a while since I designed GUI on my own XD;

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#20 Post by infel »

ebi-hime wrote:@ infel
Well, I hope she's realistic XD; I tried not to worry too much about making 'likable' characters and just making characters, so I hope it goes well.
And I'm glad you like the GUI u_u It's been a while since I designed GUI on my own XD;

That's a good thing to do though. Sometimes making character all likable at the beginning could make a gam boring. Good to have diversity =D. And np =). You do a good job at it =D
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#21 Post by paradigmshifty »

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks really cool and your writing is always a pleasure to read :)
I've been watching the updates on twitter and it sounds like it's all coming together nicely!
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#22 Post by MimirollCookie »

Okada Nanami is so pretty. *○*
Btw, Is Hisaka Ryo a boy?
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Awedacious
Regular

#23 Post by Awedacious »

Thanks for commissioning me, ebi-hime! It was a pleasure doing the sprites for the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project :)

ebi-hime
Veteran

#24 Post by ebi-hime »

Awedacious wrote:Thanks for commissioning me, ebi-hime! It was a pleasure doing the sprites for the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project :)
No problem, your art is really pretty o'A'o
And you don't need to wait very long, it's nearly finished... : >

ebi-hime
Veteran

Re: Lucky Me, Lucky You [NaNo2016, Complete]

#25 Post by ebi-hime »

Bumping to say the VN is completed~

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#26 Post by Electromancer »

ebi-hime wrote:Bumping to say the VN is completed~

Awesome! I can't wait to play. The only VN of yours I've read is Emmeline Burns so far, which I know is a crime looking at the huge amount of games you've published. I'll have to tackle the Ebi-hime canon as a whole one day.

I loved Emmeline Burns, though, so much so that I ended up naming a character in my NaNo game thanks to how much I loved the main character's name ;p. Hope you're alright with that, by the way.

Thanks for participating in NaNo 2016!
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

ebi-hime
Veteran

#27 Post by ebi-hime »

@ Electromancer
Ooh, is the VN Fare Thee Well? I see another Emmy! o'3'o
I don't mind at all, thank you! u///u

Actually, in this VN, after you finish you can unlock some author's notes, which have a couple of paragraphs about Emmy and what the story was originally going to be like when I first thought the idea up... Like, 2 years ago XD;

The writing style in this is pretty different to Emmy, though.

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#28 Post by Electromancer »

ebi-hime wrote:@ Electromancer
The writing style in this is pretty different to Emmy, though.
That's perfectly fine, variety is always good.

And yes, Fare Thee Well is the one.

And is that so, about the Emmy notes thing? It'll be interesting to compare those two how the final product ended up. Now I've just got more incentive to play Lucky Me, Lucky You; originally I was going to wait until my own NaNo game was finished before I played any other ones, but maybe this can be an exception.
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

ebi-hime
Veteran

#29 Post by ebi-hime »

Electromancer wrote:And is that so, about the Emmy notes thing? It'll be interesting to compare those two how the final product ended up. Now I've just got more incentive to play Lucky Me, Lucky You; originally I was going to wait until my own NaNo game was finished before I played any other ones, but maybe this can be an exception.
Yup. Well, it only comes up briefly, as a small aside XD;
Good luck with your nano game, too! I hope it's going well!

aceredshirt13

#30 Post by aceredshirt13 »

I just finished this KN today, and I really enjoyed it! I know in the notes you said it might not be an "enjoyable" story (due to, I imagine, the recurring themes of disappointment and banality in everyday life), but I enjoyed it because I could see myself reflected in some of the characters' thoughts and decisions, and also because I enjoyed watching Nanami and Ryo's friendly, if nasty, banter because it seemed like a real, valuable friendship. So overall, even if the journey described just kind of reaffirmed Nanami's feelings of how parts of life can be pointless, it was the journey that was more important than the outcome. Though, I will say that every time Nanami said that Midori was ugly and hopeless, I kinda wanted to punch her in the throat.