Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][COMPLETED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16][ZEL ART

#151 Post by Elze »

Hey guys, just a heads up that there's actually a side character that has not been revealed to date. His design is done and I've scheduled a post on tumblr so expect to see it up on our tumblr in about.. 8h :'D
riiko08 wrote:Woaaahhh!!! As a big fan of fairytales, I definitely aprove of this one! The premise is very interesting and fun! And the art! It's absolutely stunning! I think I'll go for Mel first, but that will change after I play the common route.
Hi hi, thank you for your kind compliment, I'm really glad that you like the art!
try10 wrote:I really think Mer looks more expressive with green eyes.
; v ; Mer is actually the token "stoic and mysterious" guy out of the pursuables, and he's supposed to look less.. expressive than the rest, hence the decision to switch out his bright green eyes for golden green ones.
try10 wrote:I don't know why I was expecting prince Snow to have black hair. White is a very good change. His sprite is so handsome! :D
I'm glad you like Snow's design! Tbh I had a really hard time trying to design Snow because I kept thinking of Snow White instead of the Snow Queen, so I'm glad his final design is likeable <3
ThePirate wrote:So I thought I'd finally give a proper comment and proper fanart, albeit late :")
Aaaaa TYVM for the fanart LMAO that pose though 10/10
emeytroi wrote:This looks like such a cute, comedic retelling of prince charming! XD The character art is really gorgeous and the setting (like the gui and the backgrounds) is just great! Can't wait to see what this looks like when it's done! 8D
Aww thank youuu! please look forward to the game's release!
emeytroi wrote:Oh my gosh you guys are so fast and you've been updating so much! ;u;
I love the art and the plot and everything for this is so beautiful okay bye.
AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTS YOU NICE PERSON <3
RalphSenpai wrote:The Princes are handsome! Especially Princess Charming! :D Nice concept on the genderbent fairytale! Really looking forward to it! Hope the project is going smooth and nicely! ...
I'm so glad you like the character designs! And as Windchimes has mentioned, Snow is based on The Snow Queen, hence the decision to give him white hair xD TY for the kind compliments and the encouragement ; v ;
greenacedesu wrote:I see , I really like Elzee Character's designs :D.
OMG HI BLESS YOU AND YOUR KIND COMPLIMENTS PLUS THE PRETTY FANARTS YOU SENT US <3 BRB crying tears of joy :'D

Harmonywish
Regular

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNo16]NEW PROF

#152 Post by Harmonywish »

Whittttteeee owo He is so Hot! I'd been liking his story the best out of everyone's and I love his sprite as welll! >w<~

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#153 Post by Windchimes »

@greenacedesu:
Hi there! Thank you again for commenting! And omg thank you so much for the Snow fanart >< We were so happy when Kumiho showed your fanart to us ;; It's so beautiful. Thank you, we're really honored.
About Cinderella -- I don't think we will be adopting that suggestion, I'm sorry D: Making Cinderella a last unlockable route feels a lot like a True end, and we don't want our otome to have a true route because one feature is that all pairings/endings are equally true. But thank you very much for your idea! Of course we don't mind if you give suggestions :D It helps us reflect and think about what we can improve.
Thank you again!

@Harmonywish:
Haha, glad to hear you like his story the best >< He hasn't been a fan favorite so far so it's always reassuring to hear someone likes him xD And I think you might have missed my update? ;; We changed the prince from Prince White to Prince Snow, and he's now based on Snow Queen instead of Snow White, so yeah D: I hope you won't be too disappointed by the change!
Thank you for commenting <3

Anyways, update:
Ending CGs are almost all complete! 5/6 done so far~ Thank you so much to all our hardworking, talented CG artists <3

Last character sprite for this NaNo version is done! Thank you Elzee :D You can check out Nicholl on our Tumblr, or on our first post (when I get around to updating it sometime). We actually haven't revealed Nicholl yet, and you will see a proper profile for him later on, but for now, all we're saying is that he's very loosely based off the fairy godmother character in the Cinderella fairy tale, and he is Charming's childhood best friend as well as magic tutor. He will be in a lot of the routes as a side character, so we hope you like him!

As usual, weekly update/progress report will be up on Tumblr tomorrow. Thanks for keeping up with our updates, everyone! :D We're working really hard hoping to meet the deadline ;;

Harmonywish
Regular

#154 Post by Harmonywish »

Ohhhhh! That explains his hair color! :> Sorry about that, I'm a bit late ^^' I'm not disappointed! In fact I'm even more excited to see it! :>

greenacedesu

#155 Post by greenacedesu »

@Windchimes
ah, I have lots of fun drawing Prince Mer, Snow and Princess Charming :D
as for the suggestion, it is just a thought , don't mind at all, looking forwards to play the game :)
Image Image Image

Windchimes
Veteran

#156 Post by Windchimes »

@Harmonywish:
No problem! I did make the change to Snow's fairy tale quite far into March, so I expected most people to not know about the change. xD Glad to hear you're not disappointed though! ;; Been really worried people will be upset and prefer Snow White way more instead haha. Thank you so much <3 You're too kind

@greenacedesu:

:D Thank you again for the fanart and all the encouraging comments! Hopefully we won't disappoint with the game ;;

Speaking of which!

SO. 2 days left for NaNo! It's been a wild ride, and everyone on the team has worked really hard together. While we have made good progress, unfortunately, we won't be able to make the Apr 1 deadline. Our preliminary release date is somewhere around Apr 7, giving us one more week to ensure the quality of the game (such as editing, testing...etc.) Sorry for the extra wait guys! It'll be worth it, hopefully. xD

Onto our 4th week progress report now!

4th Week Progress Report

♔ Mer’s route is 100% complete! First round of editing is also finished for Mer’s route
♔ Zel’s route is near complete! Just one or two scenes remaining :D
♔ Prince Snow’s character art is finished! (see here)
♔ Nicholl’s character art is also done! (here)
♔ Two more BGs are finished! (here and here)
♔ 5 out of 6 CGs are completed! Here is a cropped preview of one CG
♔ Added fanart gallery to the game! (Thank you to all the wonderful people who drew fanart for us! :”D)
[We are still accepting fanart up until Apr 1, so if you want to draw any fanart for LiD and would like us to put it in game, please send it to us with info on how you want to be credited (name + site)!]
♔ New character profiles for the main cast! I posted them in a previous comment + on first post, but we just finished Nicholl's profile, so I'll put his new profile here!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#157 Post by try10 »

CUUUTE!!!!!!! :D Does he have a romance route? I can't wait to play the game! ;)

Harmonywish
Regular

#158 Post by Harmonywish »

Ah, I shoud've read the tumblr post first! Aw, I'm a little bit sad that Nicholl wasn't romanceable. :'D He looks super cute and I love best friend types =w= Oh well! No pressure for you guys to do anything of course! ^^

I can wait for the release of the game, it's no problem! I'm sure it'll be worth it! More things to see! Thank you so much for your hard work >w<

greenacedesu

#159 Post by greenacedesu »

@Elze
OMG HI BLESS YOU AND YOUR KIND COMPLIMENTS PLUS THE PRETTY FANARTS YOU SENT US <3 BRB crying tears of joy :'D
you are very welcome ,
sorry I wanted to reply but I forget :(
Please keep up the good work :D
Image Image Image

Windchimes
Veteran

#160 Post by Windchimes »

@try10 and Harmonywish:
Since you both asked the same thing, I'll just answer you both in one go. xD
Actually, we weren't planning on revealing it beforehand, but since Nicholl has had overwhelming reception from fans, we'll announce it early (though I already let it slip when I mentioned Nicholl with a winky face about him becoming more important later on in the tumblr weekly update post haha). Anyways, Nicholl has always been one of the planned routes for the future expansion. We were originally hoping to do a secret romance route in NaNo with Nicholl, but we figured time would be too tight already, so we decided to focus on the current three routes and move Nicholl's route to the future expansion. But yeah, that's why of all the side characters, only Nicholl gets his own sprite for this NaNo version despite limited time (thank you, Elzee, you're a miracle worker xD), because he will be important later on, and we don't want him to be thin air/black silhouette the very first time the player meets him. xD So while Nicholl is unfortunately not dateable in the current version, wait a couple of months! He will have his own route then. :"D
Hope you guys won't be too disappointed about the wait! Thank you for commenting/asking! Super happy you like Nicholl ;; He's adorableee.

RamRam
Regular
Projects: Lifted Dreams
Deviantart: sonheelight

#161 Post by RamRam »

This is sooo cute! :D Can't wait to play it! :)
Completed Project!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#162 Post by Lesleigh63 »

And my last bg sketch for the nano release

Harmonywish
Regular

#163 Post by Harmonywish »

Yes. Yes. YESSS!!! Thank you so much for adding him to the list of romanceables! *w* Eeeee! I can't wait to play the final game then, he's completely adorable, yes! Thank you as well, Elzee, he is so cute ^^

Rintochii
Tumblr: chika-nyan

#164 Post by Rintochii »

*wiggles in* Heyo wwwwww-- I just wanted to pop in to say that you guys are awesome and the game looks amazing and that I can't wait to play it and also to drop off this kinda sketchy fanart--

*laughs* I'msorry,I'mactuallyreallybadwithcolorsandpigtailsabsolutelyhatemeandalotofotherstuff,butIneededtoshowmyloveandIhopeyouguyslikeit-- Good luck with the game! (/ o v o)/ *rolls away*

Windchimes
Veteran

#165 Post by Windchimes »

@RamRam:
Thank you very much! :D Hopefully you will like the final product as well!

@Harmonywish:

Haha, not a problem. We've always been really fond of Nicholl, so we always wanted to give him his own route. Just didn't have time for it this March ;; Glad you like him so much :"D Makes me really happy. ><
Thank you again for commenting!

@Rintochii:
OH MY GOD THAT IS SO ADORABLE THANK YOU IT'S BEAUTIFUL :D We are so so honored to receive fanart.
I'm not sure if you saw the news but we will be including all fanart that we received permission from the artist for in the fanart gallery. So we were wondering if you would like us to put your fanart in the fanart gallery? And if you don't mind, what would you want to be credited as? Your name and your website if there is one. Feel free to reply here or PM me with an answer (if you do check back here ;; Will probably send you a Tumblr message in a day or two to make sure you see this haha)
Thank you again so much >< We will work really hard on the game and hopefully you will find the released game enjoyable!

So! It's 1st Apr now. NaNo officially ended a few hours ago. I mentioned earlier before, but in case anyone missed it, we won't be able to make this deadline. Our preliminary target release date is Apr 8, so sorry for the wait guys!
To make up for it, we might be posting more previews/screenshots of the game later on (when I remember to). xD
Thank you for all the interest and encouragement, everyone! :"D Really excited (and nervous) now that the game is almost completed ><