This World Unknown [Fantasy, Otome, GxB] [Complete!!!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Re: This World Unknown [Fantasy, Otome, GxB] [Demo out]

#31 Post by ebi-hime »

@ bloodband

My writing is all slow paced... I-I like writing lots of long conversations between characters haha.
Rhea is very sweet and innocent! I'm worried the story might be a bit inconsistent, since she's meant to be fairly religious, and mentions going to church every day (I think), but you don't see her doing that. Well, writing numerous instances of a character going to church would be incredibly dull, but still...
I kind of feel like it should be referenced a bit more, since it's a part of her character.

I really love writing female characters haha XD I like writing female characters more than male characters, usually. And I like designing female characters more, too. Even though it's an otome game, I think there might be more female characters than male ones, overall. Though part of the reason I wrote this was to force myself to write more male characters...

Haha, yes, the art is super cute! There is some reasonably dark stuff later in the game, so I hope it doesn't clash too much with the story.

Val is definitely my fav too. My bias was too strong... It makes me worry his route won't be good enough now, since he's everyone's fav. It makes me feel like I have to make his story really good XD

Yes, this the exact vibe I was trying to make Asa have! He's not the greatest guy. Some of this gets addressed in his character route, though. I think this might make him more complex/interesting of a character though, rather than just being comic relief, as was originally intended.

Thank you! I hope you like it, when it is finally finished!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#32 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I saw what you wrote on twitter. I hope you feel better soon! :)

ebi-hime
Veteran

#33 Post by ebi-hime »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:I saw what you wrote on twitter. I hope you feel better soon! :)
Aw, thank you, that's very sweet n_n;;
I just have a cold... but my head hurts a lot T__T
I want to get better so I can start editing this VN again... I managed to finish up most of Garrett's route, but I have a couple of extra scenes I want to add, and I need to write the epilogue...
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#34 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I have a cold too, so I know how you feel. I'm happy that you're not going on a long hiatus from this, as I know that you have your yuri vn to finish. But please don't work yourself too hard. As much as I am looking forward to this game, I don't want your health to suffer for it. Get some rest and get better. ^-^

ebi-hime
Veteran

#35 Post by ebi-hime »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:I have a cold too, so I know how you feel. I'm happy that you're not going on a long hiatus from this, as I know that you have your yuri vn to finish. But please don't work yourself too hard. As much as I am looking forward to this game, I don't want your health to suffer for it. Get some rest and get better. ^-^
Well, with the yuri VN, all the writing (apart from a few bits and pieces) is already finished, and it's all proofread. Now, all I really have to do is wait for the art assets, but all the hard work on my end is more or less done (not so for my poor artist...)
But there really isn't much left on it for me to do.
I should probably go back into editing This World Unknown now, but maybe I'll take a break for a week or something... Sometimes I find proofreading more tiring than actually writing n_n;;

Laluune
Regular

#36 Post by Laluune »

I really like your art style, something about it reminds me of Etrian Odyssey. I haven't had a chance to play yet but I'm immediately drawn to Valerian, I have a thing for the grumps, haha. I'm curious about Luca too.

I'll come back when I get around to playing the demo, I'm looking forward to it :)

ebi-hime
Veteran

#37 Post by ebi-hime »

Laluune wrote:I really like your art style, something about it reminds me of Etrian Odyssey. I haven't had a chance to play yet but I'm immediately drawn to Valerian, I have a thing for the grumps, haha. I'm curious about Luca too.

I'll come back when I get around to playing the demo, I'm looking forward to it :)
Thank you, but I didn't do the art! The art was all done by the very talented Echs! My own art is uuh not so good XD
Val is also my fav. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it n_n; The demo is quite long though.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#38 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I'm happy that you update on twitter so often. I don't like it when someone posts game progress, and then leaves you with nothing for weeks or even months. It makes me wonder if they've abandoned the game or if they are on hiatus. But I don't have that worry with you, and it puts me at ease. Thank you. :)

ebi-hime
Veteran

#39 Post by ebi-hime »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:I'm happy that you update on twitter so often. I don't like it when someone posts game progress, and then leaves you with nothing for weeks or even months. It makes me wonder if they've abandoned the game or if they are on hiatus. But I don't have that worry with you, and it puts me at ease. Thank you. :)
Aw, thank you : > I try to keep updating on game-related stuff so people know what I'm doing!
I am working on like 3 different VNs at the moment though, so not everything I post on twitter is related to This World Unknown, haha. Maybe after I've finished these 2 VNs I'm working on I'll be able to spend more time on this one...

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#40 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I do understand if you make it commercial, though it would be better for me if it were free, since I'm not comfortable buying anything online. Oh, I trust you, it's the internet and the information I could be giving out that bothers me. It's good to see it so close to completion, and it makes me happy to know I can play it in the near future - but, seriously, there's no rush. Take your time, and enjoy it~

ebi-hime
Veteran

#41 Post by ebi-hime »

Oh wow, a year since I created this thread...
Anyway, I have been working on this VN very slowly, among other projects. I keep going back and tweaking and editing small stuff, and shifting sentences/word order around a lot, which is making this process a lot more painful and tedious than it should be orz
I just updated the main page with some new information - showing a few new screens, with CGs. Aren't the CGs cute? o///o
I'm hoping to get this VN finished before the end of this year - maybe in September/November. But we will see...

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#42 Post by infel »

I'm really glad you're still doing this game ='D. I've played many of your games, so I'm excited for this one. It will be really long from what I remember, but I wish you the best of luck.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

ebi-hime
Veteran

#43 Post by ebi-hime »

@ infel
Thank you >_< Working on this VN is pretty hard, because it's so looong... And it gets harder when I get really, really picky about my writing urgh : I
Well, I think it should be a lot better, and more streamlined, after all this editing I've been doing. I'm pleased with it, and it is mostly finished...
I just need to do the last 15%...

ebi-hime
Veteran

#44 Post by ebi-hime »

Bumping with some new screens, to show this project lives.

First screen is from the start of Luca's route, second screen is from the start of Val's route.

I finished proofing/coding Garrett's route completely today, and put in all the CGs into his route.
Since I already finished proofing/coding Luca's route, I guess I have 2 more routes left to do...

I also started editing up Val's route (I have lots of scenes that waffle on for way too long I need to trim), and putting it into Ren'py. I thought I'd have to rewrite significant portions of his route, but what I have actually isn't too bad. It's missing a handful of scenes, though - maybe about 15k worth. Not too much.

I feel like I'm getting really close...

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#45 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

AWESOME!!!! I seriously can't wait for the finished version. The only way I could be happier is if you made Val a shimeji~ Then I could watch him on my computer until the game is released. XD