Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Laluune
Regular

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7456 Post by Laluune »

I love it @Tempus, i love the texture on the floor.

@Kapiu, that's a really beautiful style, it's very delicate feeling :)

J-Ray
Regular

#7457 Post by J-Ray »

I really love to work in Abstract direction, combining painting, fractals, textures...
http://aura-indigo.deviantart.com/gallery/

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#7458 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Still experimenting with my style, gave speedpainting a shot.
So a bit of a snowscape?
It's kinda small but oh well. Ice is a pain ><'
Attachments
snowscape.png

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Laluune
Regular

#7459 Post by Laluune »

How many of you flip your art? I didn't until recently, and it just made me so sad lol. I'm moving on from this guy for now. One of my characters for my visual novel.
Attachments
10-settledpsd5-edit.jpg

Broyi
Regular
Tumblr: broyi

#7460 Post by Broyi »

Practicing.......
(But I need to try new art styles!)
normal.png
screenshot0002.png
normal.png
ALSO! Yes, I know. Proportions, clothing wrinkles, FINGERS, coloring, and well, EVERYTHING needs work. But... I dunno, I do things super simple, it's just kinda what I do.
But I can't use that as an excuse forever, right? :P

Hoyuu
Regular

#7461 Post by Hoyuu »

Hey Broyi! Just for curiosity, does the program you use to draw has free transform on it?
You see, the first image seems kinda inclined, and the head of the second one seems kinda kinda strange, so I messed a bit with the two images and used free transform on them and here are the results:
normal1edit.png
normal 2edit.png
And I did those edits really, really quickly! When you're drawing, sometimes you don't notice little things like a bump on the head or the fact that the drawing is inclined, so it's always good to flip the drawings to see if there's something that looks wrong, and free transform is a quick way for you to do some quick fixes without having to redraw the whole thing... Specially when you have finished the lineart or the coloring >.>''
Welp, I'm not really a experienced artist or anything, but that is what I do, hope it helps!

So, I made a sprite for a VN that I may or may not make, and if I don't, at least I got to practice.
mrstrangeredit.png
I didn't make a decent shading or anything because I wanted to finish this sprite quickly, and it's been a really long while since I did lineart, but I think it looks ok :'D
I played Hustle Cat these days and really love the style of the arts, so this sprite may or may not be influenced by it, cof.
Do you guys think it looks ok?

meowworkstm
Regular
Projects: The Riddlemaster, A Cottage Story
Tumblr: ladymeowsith
Deviantart: Meowworkstm

#7462 Post by meowworkstm »

Main character possibly for a VN I'm brainstorming about?? (this is my first post ever,, im super new to thread post sort of sharing please have mercy on me)
Their name is Callisto which is coincidentally the title of my VN wowee it's set in space
Attachments
gray galguy.png
callisto design 1.5.png

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#7463 Post by King-sama »

meowworkstm wrote:Main character possibly for a VN I'm brainstorming about?? (this is my first post ever,, im super new to thread post sort of sharing please have mercy on me)
Their name is Callisto which is coincidentally the title of my VN wowee it's set in space
Nice character design! :O

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#7464 Post by noeinan »

I really like it too!

Broyi
Regular
Tumblr: broyi

#7465 Post by Broyi »

Hoyuu wrote: And I did those edits really, really quickly! When you're drawing, sometimes you don't notice little things like a bump on the head or the fact that the drawing is inclined, so it's always good to flip the drawings to see if there's something that looks wrong, and free transform is a quick way for you to do some quick fixes without having to redraw the whole thing... Specially when you have finished the lineart or the coloring >.>''
Flip it? Ooh, nice. I'll try that.
Also, that sprite looks great!

Lodratio
Regular
Projects: S P H I N X

#7466 Post by Lodratio »

Just gonna sneak myself in here before this thread reaches page 500. Here's a painting I finished today. The colorscheme is a blatant ripoff of Kumo no Muko, Yakusoku no Basho, but other than that it's OC. Feedback would be great!
blu mountains.png

n0tgin
Regular

#7467 Post by n0tgin »

@Tempus
Oh wow that's beautiful!? Really though, I feel like my appreciation for Blender-made stuff has sky-rocketed ever since we started working with it in my Design Technology class... nevertheless it looks really nice, I especially love the colours because they're very vibrant and interesting to look at, but at the same time don't look uncoordinated.

@meowworkstm
Love your style. It's such a nice way of colouring! And I love the character design too, esp. the palette, but I've always liked more mute/neutral palettes. You also said that your VN was set in space, cool! I'll look out for that.

@Lodratio
Nice BG art there, I feel like I keep repeating myself, but your style is also very nice, I think it would work well if you ever decide to use it in a game or VN, it has that painterly feel that comes together well, but isn't focused all over the place.

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: Blackberry Honey, Mermaid of Zennor, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicles of Mars, etc.
Deviantart: Renmiou

#7468 Post by Renmiou »

@Lodratio: Nice BG! Perhaps you could play more with focus even in the foreground, to give more a sense of stacking layers of objects, or you could also darken the grass at the front right. Additionally, since it feels as though the tree in the centre has got to be the focus of attention, I'd be tempted to add a bit more detail and contrast to it (perhaps in the form of stronger highlights on the foliage and trunk) so as to make it pop out more.

@meowworkstm: Cool design, I like the muted colours on your character.

ImageImage

What I'm working on right now, between other things. I've always wanted to try to make a set of characters to be used as placeholders or something, for people who don't have their own sprites yet and just want to prototype their VN. I'm intending to do different types and ages, so one can have a full cast (to an extent) of consistent sprites for their story. Though these are just coloured sketches, I'd be really grateful for any input!

Edit: added in provisional male sprite, though I'm not so happy with his hair in particular :/.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#7469 Post by Hijiri »

This pose angered me. Although the thing that angered me more was that hand. That hand
p073.jpg
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#7470 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This is just a test, I haven’t actually figured out where I want to go w/ the art direction yet for Honey & Hemlock. So far all I’ve got is Solar Punk, Art Nouveau, maybe kinda watercolour???

Also thinking a more traditional otome style since it feels like foooooooorever since I’ve done something like that. And ridiculous outfits because why the hell not at this stage.

I'm curious to hear opinions if anyone has them.