Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Free] [Final Update 12/25/15]

#76 Post by Akitsuki »

Wow man, that's what I call pretty art! I'm downloading it now, and I'll let you know my thoughts on it when I'm finished. Good job!

MadlandPrincess
Projects: Doors Jason Wyles
IRC Nick: Maddie
Tumblr: otomeotakuchan
Deviantart: MadlandPrincess

#77 Post by MadlandPrincess »

THIS WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL OTOME EXPERIENCE

I can feel it okay

MadlandPrincess
Projects: Doors Jason Wyles
IRC Nick: Maddie
Tumblr: otomeotakuchan
Deviantart: MadlandPrincess

#78 Post by MadlandPrincess »

Can I write a critique??

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#79 Post by Batensan »

MadlandPrincess wrote:Can I write a critique??
There's nothing stopping you, I guess.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

#80 Post by DrSchizo »

Update in the web version: height differences between the characters is now preserved :D

http://sandbox-adventure.com/magical-otoge-ciel.html

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Free] [GUI Update 1/23/16]

#81 Post by RumRat »

First of all, great game, I played it a while ago, without the updates, but I didn't even have an account here back then, so when I finished playing the updated version, thought I'd leave a little comment. :)

First thing I wanted to comment on, ever since the first "Chumpy" line was 'Hell yes, legend of mana refs', no one I know has ever even heard of the game before :"D and the lil' cactus ref in Yvins route :D

I like how the main character isn't a 'needs to be saved and protected all the time' stereotype. (though the guys seem set on protecting her anyway most of the time XD)

I see most of the people commenting give their opinions on the characters and favs, so I suppose I'll hop on that train:
Anton does seem to be everyones favorite, but he's honestly not my type at all, cool armor though. If I was in Ciels place, I'd probably be Yvins best bro, crack bad puns and tease the hell out of everyone else. That said, I tend to be protective and go for the nervous/blushy/cute types, so the younger bro's got my attention. :wink: Though I loved how insecure Yvin was about his confession in the end, as well.

Too bad this isn't your main occupation, since I could see this turning out awesome if implemented with some rpg elements.
I think I read somewhere that you were working on this alone, so if you need any help with future projects (coding, writing, (I'd offer art but our styles don't quite match), proofreading or testing) I'd be happy to lend a hand. :D

Ahaha "man flavor"-i cant, i died. :"D (yes there was a ton of other puns, but I read the Q&A last, so that one stuck, plus, it made me laugh out loud. I don't do that. I don't even change my expression most of the time, just internally acknowledge that something was funny. So kudos for that)
Also I eat my ice cream like Yvin (Btw, though you explained it, I'm ignoring that and pronouncing it Eye-win.)

Anyway, good work, love the bad puns, great art, keep 'em coming. :wink:
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

MadelynBlack

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [Free] [GUI Update 1/23/16]

#82 Post by MadelynBlack »

Aaah an update!
I'm really impressed with the new layout of the menu, it looks so pretty. Also the new scenes and extras are really funny.
However, I demand a route for Ais, I really like his character eventhough Yvin (I really like the victory theme kicking in when he appears) is still the best
Keep up the good work!

Batensan
Regular

Re: Magical Otoge Ciel [GxB] [Fantasy] [Free]

#83 Post by Batensan »

The interlude sequel Magical Otoge Anholly has been released! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised for the small connections to Magical Otoge Ciel.

Magical Otoge Anholly topic:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 73#p409973

sangoandmiroku799

#84 Post by sangoandmiroku799 »

I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to not only find that you had released a new game in the series for NaNo, but also that Ciel had been updated with Viern's section and more!!

- Who was your favorite character(s)? What did you like about them?
It's hard to choose because I liked all of them for different reasons. My favorite character was probably Florien, because I have a thing for the shy, sweet guys. I liked Anton's maturity and slight smiles, and Yvin's wit and stealth/question evasion mastery.
- What were your favorite parts?
I laughed way too hard at the Anton's knock knock joke and the edited selfie with the king. I liked the haunted house scene, especially Yvin's lecture on bullying, and Ven's truth game. I enjoyed teasing Florien a bit with "No. You can't kiss me." I was also impressed with all the extras you included, such as the epilogue with the king and Q&A. Finally... Puns. Puns everywhere. :D
- How did you feel at the peak emotional moments/ending?
Although I liked Florien's character the best, I felt Anton's backstory was the most touching, because of the complexity and his selflessness. I could feel his inner conflict and struggled with him. I think Yvin's story would have been more touching if his memory would disappear only if he used his gift, but still did it anyway to help Ciel. It was a nice touch that they had known each other before, giving him a reason to feel connected to her and... stalk her the whole time.
It had a lot of replay value, and I didn't even skip anything the first run, which is saying a lot for me!

Thank you so much for your hard work, Batensan! It is very appreciated.

Batensan
Regular

#85 Post by Batensan »

sangoandmiroku799 wrote:I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to not only find that you had released a new game in the series for NaNo, but also that Ciel had been updated with Viern's section and more!!

- Who was your favorite character(s)? What did you like about them?
It's hard to choose because I liked all of them for different reasons. My favorite character was probably Florien, because I have a thing for the shy, sweet guys. I liked Anton's maturity and slight smiles, and Yvin's wit and stealth/question evasion mastery.
- What were your favorite parts?
I laughed way too hard at the Anton's knock knock joke and the edited selfie with the king. I liked the haunted house scene, especially Yvin's lecture on bullying, and Ven's truth game. I enjoyed teasing Florien a bit with "No. You can't kiss me." I was also impressed with all the extras you included, such as the epilogue with the king and Q&A. Finally... Puns. Puns everywhere. :D
- How did you feel at the peak emotional moments/ending?
Although I liked Florien's character the best, I felt Anton's backstory was the most touching, because of the complexity and his selflessness. I could feel his inner conflict and struggled with him. I think Yvin's story would have been more touching if his memory would disappear only if he used his gift, but still did it anyway to help Ciel. It was a nice touch that they had known each other before, giving him a reason to feel connected to her and... stalk her the whole time.
It had a lot of replay value, and I didn't even skip anything the first run, which is saying a lot for me!

Thank you so much for your hard work, Batensan! It is very appreciated.
Thanks! But Little Yvin wouldn't have been so angsty if that was the case, and he may have never set out on a journey! Also, it would be weird/illogical for a stranger to sacrifice that much in the offset! ;) I hope you enjoy Magical Otoge Anholly!

january

#86 Post by january »

Something of a rather late response, since I actually found the game via a friend's recommendation over on tumblr instead of Lemmasoft and played it over the holidays but! Very cute and funny game with absolutely gorgeous art and worth the time I spent going through all three routes and watching the extras, aha. While I feel like Anton's route was the strongest, Florien was hands down my favourite character (starting from his immediate assumption of patricide??? in the beginning, because whoa, calm down there, boy): aside from hitting my general pings personality-wise, his character came across as the most... well-rounded and natural? That said, the cast as a whole and their interactions with each other were great!

My favourite part would have to be the scene where Florien has to pretend to be a womanizer, on account of it being hilariously awkward. Poor, serious Florien.

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#87 Post by yundun63 »

I love Yvin, he's easily my favorite character. "What do you want, loser?", "Pleasure to see you too, you sea salt popsicle.", and "I flinch more when a toaster is done toasting bread!"

Amazing. I could fill an entire page with hilarious Yvin quotes.

Florien is still my favorite romance though, I'm a sucker for the childhood friends-turned-lovers trope. I'm a little sad that there isn't an Ais route though, he was fun, and he had my favorite character design.

Kannraa
Tumblr: Kannraa
Deviantart: Kannraa

#88 Post by Kannraa »

Uwah, finished playing the game a while back but didn't want to write a comment yet until I finished a bit of pixel fanart for you!~ The game was so fun and adorable!!! Absolutely loved it and I'm planning on playing Magical Otoge Anholly soon when I have a bit more free time! ( ouo ) I completed Florien's route first, followed by Anton, and then Yvin. Gotta say, I Florien is such a cinnamon roll and gosh, I ended up loving Yvin just a little more than Anton.~

The extra parts too were nice, especially the hilariously funny yet sweet dinner! ( >u< ) But yeah, again, the game was fantastic and thank you for making it! Also, thank you for including all the character references in the extras menu!!! It helped me so much to make these pixel sprites!!!

I included the zoomed in pixel version too so people can notice some of the small, harder to see details. ( .u. ) But yeh, hope you liked this! Again, thank you!

Batensan
Regular

#89 Post by Batensan »

Kannraa wrote:Uwah, finished playing the game a while back but didn't want to write a comment yet until I finished a bit of pixel fanart for you!~ The game was so fun and adorable!!! Absolutely loved it and I'm planning on playing Magical Otoge Anholly soon when I have a bit more free time! ( ouo ) I completed Florien's route first, followed by Anton, and then Yvin. Gotta say, I Florien is such a cinnamon roll and gosh, I ended up loving Yvin just a little more than Anton.~

The extra parts too were nice, especially the hilariously funny yet sweet dinner! ( >u< ) But yeah, again, the game was fantastic and thank you for making it! Also, thank you for including all the character references in the extras menu!!! It helped me so much to make these pixel sprites!!!

I included the zoomed in pixel version too so people can notice some of the small, harder to see details. ( .u. ) But yeh, hope you liked this! Again, thank you!
WHAT... IN THE WORLD... MY HANDS ARE SWEATING AND I'M ON THE FLOOR, THIS IS... TOO GENEROUS... TOO BEAUTIFUL... THANK YOU... SO MUCH... I'M ABOUT TO SCREAM AND IT'S ONLY 6 P.M.

I shouldn't keep on typing in caps for politeness' sake, but please imagine the rest of this message in full caps with a million exclamation points because that is what my emotions are right here and right now. I'm going to pass out from your kindness. Thank you. So much. They're all so adorable... I can't even register this sudden gift in my head and I think I might actually be dreaming?

You're too kind. Thank you so much. I don't know how else to articulate how grateful I am. This was such a sweet sudden surprise.
It's time for me to pass out.

Batensan
Regular

#90 Post by Batensan »

Hi there, the demo for one of my upcoming games, Magical Otoge Iris was released just today.
You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39647

The dialogue has a reference to Magical Otoge Ciel at a point! I hope you enjoy it.