Don't Forget Our eSports Dream - SC2VN Prequel

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vogue
Regular
Completed: SC2VN
Projects: Don't Forget Our eSports Dream

Don't Forget Our eSports Dream - SC2VN Prequel

#1 Post by Vogue »

Team Eleven is happy to announce our next visual novel, Don't Forget Our eSports Dream, a prequel to SC2VN set in the Brood War era of South Korea's professional StarCraft scene.

Developed over two years by our team, SC2VN released in September 2015 to acclaim by eSports veterans and newcomers alike. The story of Mach, a foreign StarCraft 2 player that put it all on the line, was one that many fans told us they resonated with. The response was one that we had hoped for, but the demand to learn more about the world of eSports and the struggle that its competitors contend with went beyond our expectations.

A sequel to SC2VN was never part of the plan. But you, our fans, have made it clear that we have stories left to tell. We agree.

Journey to rival PC bangs, international tournaments, the offices of Korea's top eSports officials, and into the booth at the highest level of professional StarCraft. We'll reveal more info about our setting and characters throughout the week!

The game will feature
  • Larger gameplay and narrative scope from its predecessor (we are shooting for 3X)
  • An authentic story that is true to esports fans, but also relatable to a general audience
  • Player choices for both dialog and StarCraft strategy
  • A glossary of StarCraft and esports terms for new players
  • Galleries for character and background art
  • Steam Trading Cards and Achievements
Like SC2VN, you won't need to be a StarCraft esports expert to enjoy the game. Our previous game appealed to both hardcore StarCraft esports fans and also people who would otherwise have never been interested in StarCraft esports. Our Steam reviews are full of people who went into SC2VN skeptical and came out as new fans of esports.

Our Kickstarter is launching on April 10, 2016 with an ambitious funding goal. With our base funding goal of $35,000, we can vastly increase the quality and polish of Don't Forget Our eSports Dream in terms of length, art quantity, and player choice. If you, our backers, are interested in supporting us past that base goal, we're ready to push our project to the next level.

We developed SC2VN with a budget of roughly $7,000 after Kickstarter fees, most of which went to art. We stretched the budget to its limits and delivered something that exceeded our own expectations, and we're looking for the opportunity to do it again.

We will be revealing a new members of the cast Monday, Wednesday, and Friday leading up the Kickstarter on April 10, with additional information on community events on Twitch to help support our fundraising.

Next character reveal: April 6th.

FAQ

When will this game be released?

We're shooting for about a year after our Kickstarter finishes, around May 2017. The Kickstarter is set to launch at April 10, 2016 and will conclude in May.

Is this a dating sim?

No.

How much will this cost?

We plan for Don't Forget Our Esports Dream to be $14.99 on Steam. Backers will receive the game at a discounted price.

Is there a demo?

You can play SC2VN on Steam to get an idea of the base we are building on top of. We will reveal new gameplay details about Don't Forget Our Esports Dream during the Kickstarter phase.

Do I need to know about StarCraft and esports to enjoy this game?

No, like SC2VN this game will have a narrative crafted so even people who have no idea about esports can still enjoy the game.

How can I help support this project?

Aside from backing our Kickstarter, the most helpful thing you can do is to spread the word and tell a friend who would also be interested in this game.
Last edited by Vogue on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

Re: Don't Forget Our eSports Dream - SC2VN Prequel

#2 Post by Rossfellow »

A prequel thats even longer and more complex than the predecessor game?

Bolt was the protagonist all along?

We wont see Stunt and Reva again?

ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Vogue
Regular

#3 Post by Vogue »

We have something planned for fans of Stunt, Accel, and Reva. Don't worry!

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4 Post by Rossfellow »

Rather curious if they all play on the same team like the vanilla cast or if some of these reveals are rivals. SynthA sure looks like that American stereotype that would make Bolt hate foreigners.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Vogue
Regular

#5 Post by Vogue »

Rossfellow wrote:Rather curious if they all play on the same team like the vanilla cast or if some of these reveals are rivals. SynthA sure looks like that American stereotype that would make Bolt hate foreigners.
SynthA is an antagonist, yeah. To what extent... You'll have to wait and see!

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#6 Post by Nylan »

If there is Brood War, I'm interested.

If it alludes to Brood War pros and competition history, I'm sold.
BeSt! Calm! BoxeR! Bisu! Jaedong! NaDa! July! Rain! Canata!

Vogue
Regular

#7 Post by Vogue »

Nylan wrote:If there is Brood War, I'm interested.

If it alludes to Brood War pros and competition history, I'm sold.
BeSt! Calm! BoxeR! Bisu! Jaedong! NaDa! July! Rain! Canata!
It's set in 2008 at the peak of Korean Brood War. We won't name any pros, but we'll allude to the most influential of them.

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#8 Post by Nylan »

Ever OSL 2008 broke my heart.

Good choice of setting.

Vogue
Regular

#9 Post by Vogue »

Another character update. Lock - The seasoned pro.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#10 Post by potouto »

Bolt looks cuter when he's younger :0 Though I can't erase his current design from my mind :9
Things are looking nice so far! Can't wait for the Kickstarter to succeed and the game to come out !

yeah well | commission | website

Vogue
Regular

#11 Post by Vogue »

This is our last character update before the Kickstarter on this Sunday. Meet Min-seo, StarCraft superfan.

Vogue
Regular

#12 Post by Vogue »

Our Kickstarter is live, but we don't have a demo so I can't link to it. If you're interested in backing us/know that we actually can make a game since we released SC2VN, a quick google can help you find what you're looking for.

Please consider supporting us!

ghostpel

#13 Post by ghostpel »

Can't get more excited about this!

In SC2VN, I was just happy how story hinted that there's more to Bolt than being jerk to everyone, but.. new story from his perspective? prequel? and Brood War?! (I didn't get very far with Brood War though.)
Jett is there too. I liked when they're in same scene. (Jett's infinite bluntness vs Bolt's endless cynicism)

Hope things going well for development side. 'Longer and more complex prequel' sounds a lot like where other kickstarter VN project failed so..can't help but a bit worried anyway ^^''

Vogue
Regular

#14 Post by Vogue »

We released. Check it out on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9465 ... rts_Dream/

Buy a copy and play it!