Virtuality (cyberpunk romance BxG/B) Demo!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
saruri
Regular

Re: Virtuality (cyberpunk romance BxG/B) Demo!

#16 Post by saruri »

Katta wrote:Glad that you're interested but unfortunately I don't have any good news for you. One of the main routes hopefully will be finished soon, but there're two of them planned and the second one isn't started. I wonder if I should consider releasing first route separately, it definitely has enough content for that with 6 possible endings and 75+k text.
Wow, so very happy to receive your prompt reply!!!

YES, PLEASE!!!!!!

Seems like the full version will be so very very huge, so I would love to consume the finished route that you said first - at least to quench a bit of my thirst while waiting for the full one, T v T~ I do fully understand that great work needs time to build, cannot be impatient, so will definitely wait for that day to come; just hoping it would be ASAP, > . <~

Wishing all the best!

Kevlei

#17 Post by Kevlei »

//screECHES
MY GAWD, THE ART IS GORGEOUS
I'm such a sucker for semi-realistic art, and it's nailed perfectly in your game <33

1) Did you like the demo? Would you be interested in playing the whole game? If yes, considering it's BxG/B I'm curious what gender you are (of course you're free not to answer)
I liked the demo, it was rather short length-wise and didn't introduce all of the characters, but it was well-written and executed. Of course I'd play the whole game, if only to spite Alyssa and Silver Phoenix haha. I'm a girl, but I'm open to BxG or BxB, although I prefer the latter being a fujoshi ( ̄▽ ̄)

2) Who would you like to date? (unfortunately not all characters are present in the demo, but you can see everyone on the pic here)
Glasses guy~ Haha I don't know his name, but he looks like a tsundere… a tsundork, to be exact, and I love his design. I just wanted to slap Silver Phoenix and Alyssa during 90% of their interactions, although I'll admit that the first CG with Silver Phoenix had me fangirling over the art. The tutorial girl (whom I dubbed Veronica, since it was the first name that came to mind after seeing the V on her belt) was really cute too, especially after I let her choose her own appearance; I'm glad she opened up a little more to Alex.

3) Would you like to get back with Alyssa?
It will be a cold day in hell when I do. In other words, no. Alex and her never had much chemistry in my opinion, if it takes someone a minute to dump their long-time boyfriend for some virtual reality avatar who might be some perverted old man in real life, I'm inclined to think that there was no emotion in that "relationship." ಠ_ಠ Moreover, I'm curious as to how they got together in the first place.

4) What do you think about music? Is the library track too boring/repetitive or good?
Haha I think I was too immersed in the game to notice the music, but since it didn't irritate or put me off, I'll say it was good.

5) Should I add more sound effects?
I'm not too big on sound effects, and find that too many of them distract me from the actual game. Honestly, I didn't really notice the sound effects either due to their sparsity, or maybe because they were so well incorporated in the game ^^

6) Any bugs/typos? *I hope noone will notice them*
When Alex first went into Virtuality and the game panned the city, I noticed it was a little laggy. Otherwise, I thought everything was spot on!

Gah, you've got me hooked on this vn! I'm definitely going to be stalking you guys from afar… and waiting for glasses guy to be named so I can fangirl over him some more xD
And please, for the love of God, have an option in the game to slap Alyssa at some point. Nevermind punching Silver Phoenix, that girl gets on my last nerve (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#18 Post by Katta »

saruri wrote:Seems like the full version will be so very very huge, so I would love to consume the finished route that you said first - at least to quench a bit of my thirst while waiting for the full one, T v T~ I do fully understand that great work needs time to build, cannot be impatient, so will definitely wait for that day to come; just hoping it would be ASAP, > . <~
I wouldn't call it huge but being a free project not much can be done to speed things up. Right now I don't really wany to release in pieces because it'll increase the chances to never finish the second route and as I mentioned earlier I don't want to cut it out. But ofc I can always code it and send to you personally) we can call it beta-testing))
And of course I welcome everyone to my tumblr blog to get wordcount reports and cg sneakpeeks.
Kevlei wrote://screECHES
MY GAWD, THE ART IS GORGEOUS
I'm such a sucker for semi-realistic art, and it's nailed perfectly in your game <33
Semi-realism is my personal favourite style right now, it'd be cool to see more games with it.
Kevlei wrote:Glasses guy~ Haha I don't know his name, but he looks like a tsundere… a tsundork, to be exact, and I love his design.
The glasses guy is an unexpected choice)) Can't say much about him now (including his name) as he'll only appear in the second route.
Kevlei wrote:When Alex first went into Virtuality and the game panned the city, I noticed it was a little laggy. Otherwise, I thought everything was spot on!
Yes, I know, I'm not sure if the animation can be somehow fixed by someone more knowledgeable in programming or that Ren'py isn't very good with such animations in general.
Kevlei wrote:Gah, you've got me hooked on this vn! I'm definitely going to be stalking you guys from afar… and waiting for glasses guy to be named so I can fangirl over him some more xD
And please, for the love of God, have an option in the game to slap Alyssa at some point. Nevermind punching Silver Phoenix, that girl gets on my last nerve (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Thank you for the comment! A fan-girl style comments are always so flattering)))
As for the available options
most likely that we'll never see Alyssa after the demo at all, but there'll be a possibility to punch Silver Phoenix
Meanwhile, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a good and productive year to all of us!

saruri
Regular

#19 Post by saruri »

Katta wrote:I wouldn't call it huge but being a free project not much can be done to speed things up. Right now I don't really wany to release in pieces because it'll increase the chances to never finish the second route and as I mentioned earlier I don't want to cut it out. But ofc I can always code it and send to you personally) we can call it beta-testing))
And of course I welcome everyone to my tumblr blog to get wordcount reports and cg sneakpeeks.
Yeah right, I don't want that either; I want the full version! (drool drool drool~~~)

YES, PLEASE!!! I don't mind beta-testing the finished route 1st!!! (drooling drooling drooling~~~)

Err, I prefer not to...... As CG sneakpeeks etc. are so very, very sinful......! Just take a look at them, and my heart becomes so very itchy, dakara ya me te!!! ToT~
Thus, for now, I can only try my best not to think about it, but it's hard, T . T~
Nevertheless, I won't stop waiting for its official full release, no matter how long it'll take!!!!!! * v *~

Wishing all the best!!!

Luni-Vi

#20 Post by Luni-Vi »

Wow, I don't really like sci-fi or BxG but I'm glad I played this demo! The premise is interesting, and the cliffhanger at the end of the demo left me hanging for more xD

1) Did you like the demo? Would you be interested in playing the whole game? If yes, considering it's BxG/B I'm curious what gender you are (of course you're free not to answer)
I liked it! I'd love to play the whole game when it comes out xD I would probably only go for the BxB route and skim the BxG routes, since I'm a girl.

2) Who would you like to date? (unfortunately not all characters are present in the demo, but you can see everyone on the pic here)
I'd probably only want to date the mage guy... While the AI is cute, I think I'd be too squick at any romantic scenes because she looks really young.

Uh... haha... no. if there was an option to get revenge on her I'd pick it in a heartbeat
I cringed so hard from secondhand embarrassment at the way she treat him in front of all those people, and the way she like coax him into even going oh man...
But I understand that that's a good motivation to get the plot going xD
I was also pissed at why Alex didn't blame her instead of the mage lmao
4) What do you think about music? Is the library track too boring/repetitive or good?
The music wasn't bad, I found it quite appropriate for the scene.

I think the current sound effects are fine, but if you want to add more it's great too :D

I didn't notice haha

I like the story and the virtual world, it sounds really cool how they can change it at will. The mage and Alex interest me a lot, their personalities look interesting, especially Alex. I like how he prioritized important things but also was willing to give the virtual world a try. His hotheadedness at the end was like :lol: The art is pretty, I quite like the semi-realistic style. But when I look at Alyssa's body and the AI, I feel like something is off... I don't know if it's because Alyssa's boobs looks too high up or the AI hair look too flat, or something ._. But the art is still very pretty and it meshed well with the background :D

The writing was also nice to read, although its a bit startling how sometime the text jump around in the box with the addition of more lines... Like, I was reading that! Then I have to see where I stopped at. During the fight scenes I understand that there couldn't be a lot of CGs showing the fight, but I read it properly halfway then gave up and press press press... At the mage scene I was like *reads seriously* "ok in summary the mage: very strong much flashy, rogue lose" *skips*. I think I may just be impatient :oops:

Overall I think it was a really enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to the full game! Keep up the good work and keep fighting! :D

saruri
Regular

#21 Post by saruri »

Katta wrote:I wouldn't call it huge but being a free project not much can be done to speed things up. Right now I don't really wany to release in pieces because it'll increase the chances to never finish the second route and as I mentioned earlier I don't want to cut it out. But ofc I can always code it and send to you personally) we can call it beta-testing))
Hi, Katta, sorry to pursue, but just wondering if the one you said that you will be sending to me ready yet?
Ooh, I can't stop thinking about it, ToT~

Katta
Veteran

#22 Post by Katta »

Sorry, when I said soon it was compared to the years of overall development, not that it'll be ready that soon(

saruri
Regular

#23 Post by saruri »

Katta wrote:Sorry, when I said soon it was compared to the years of overall development, not that it'll be ready that soon(
Oh, I see. No problem, I'll wait then!
Thank you for your kind reply! ^ ^

saruri
Regular

#24 Post by saruri »

Alright, I give up, I still really can't stop thinking about Virtuality, so just now I finally went and take a peek (yes, I said before that I would refrain to do so, but I can't help it anymore! ToT~), AND now I'm really happy & excited to find out that the virtual route's ending was finally done?!! (≧▽≦)/

About the epilogue, maybe you want to make 2? 1 is the Tanya's happy version (which I bet should be very sweet right?! As you said it's way too happy?! If so, I would really LOVE IT! o(≧v≦)o~~), while the other one is lots of blood & drama as you like, and then let player choose in game?

Btw, I still can't really get how tumblr works (looks a bit confusing), and I don't know how to reply to your specific post (if I click the "Ask a question" link, it has words' limit), = =......

Katta
Veteran

#25 Post by Katta »

Haha, yes, sorry, I'm definitely not the fastest developer(
Well, the thing with the epilogue is that I feel that it is out of the character, it won't be noticeable in this route (so I can kinda make a version with it), but it will be when all the branches are finished. Plus for me solving the problems together, caring for each other and trying to help in the relationship is more valuable than having no problems at all - I guess it will be even sweeter in it's own way, less happy but sweeter.

I'm a total noob in Tumblr, but the common policy seems to be to repost the post in your own blog with your commentary, then I repost it back to answer. Trying to google your question I also found out that if I put a ? in the header of the post it enables the answers box under it (and I was wondering why this happens and thought it was a bug, that the option isn't available every time) And you can always divide your ask in two (or more)

saruri
Regular

#26 Post by saruri »

Wow, so happy to receive your prompt reply! O(∩_∩)O~~

As long as you don't drop it, I could wait however long it needs to be release! Great game is time-consuming after-all!
Still, I'll have to say, it'll be really great if I could get the 2nd demo first (before the full version is out); at least to quench a bit of my thirst while waiting for the full one desu, T v T~

Uhm, I guess I get what you mean now, yeah right, indeed, I agree too (about the part of: "solving the problems together, caring for each other and trying to help in the relationship is more valuable").
Well, as long as it's sweet (not heart-breaking), I'll be really thankful (I strongly reject bad endings after-all), ^ v ^~

I see, I try to register, but failed (don't know why, it just keep asking me to re-try again later, = =), so anyway, I'll just reply here for now, ^ ^~

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#27 Post by qirien »

I don't like playing demos, but I love the art style and the concept and want to keep an eye on this game! :-) Good luck!
Finished games:

Katta
Veteran

#28 Post by Katta »

I can totally understand you here) Thank you for the encouragement!

AmericaTheBeautiful

#29 Post by AmericaTheBeautiful »

I liked the demo, I'd love the play the entire thing. I am a gay man and I am playing for the BxB route.

I want glasses guy, who is probably the in person of Silver Phoenix.

No, while playing I actively thought "How fast can I break up with her?". From her first interaction with Alex I wanted to break up with her.

I thought the applause sound effect was overused, but otherwise I liked the audio aspect.

Yes! Or just space out the applause differently so it doesn't fire 3x in such a short time.

I noticed none.

Katta
Veteran

#30 Post by Katta »

Thank you for the comments! I'll try to figure something out with the soundeffects.