★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#31 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:I had to re-download the game after deleting all records of the game and the memobilia worked for me. I completed Dallas's path and it still work. When I first played, I didn't checked beforehand, but when I did, it was after Emmett's path. I think the reason why it didn't work was because I had an older version of the demo.
I think this might be the problem. I had old persistent data in the old demo.

Could those that have played the demo confirm that they are having troubles with the Memorabilia? Could you also try deleting persistent data and then tell me if it started working? It is found here on Windows: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ The folder starts with "rockrobin"
It may also be inside your game folder under the "saves" folder. You may have to delete both. (Not sure.)

PeroxidePrince: That is very helpful! Thank you, I will address the ??? scenes soon! :)
lo6otia wrote:Also I have an awful lag while playing the mini game almost every time, which makes it impossible to match all pairs in time. I'm not sure if it's the game's fault or it's just my old laptop. Anyways that's all for now, when i finish a route i'll fill the questionnaire. :)
This was more common of a problem when I first designed the mini-game 6 years ago. I put a question in the questionnaire asking if people were still having performance issues and no one has mentioned it until now. I suspect it may be that everyone's computers are now more powerful. I'm sorry that this is happening to you, but the only solution may be to play the mini-game on the "untimed" mode or to turn it off. :( The game engine doesn't handle real-time stuff too well.
Snow Fluke wrote:I have waited for this game for 2 years so I'm really excited to play this :) I didn't have any errors yet but I saw a few doubles in text and when i downloaded 0.55 version they were still there. I'm not a native english speaker so I will find only obvious things but I want to help somehow.
Only 2 years? :lol: Just kidding. Thank you for coming back and giving us a try again. Those errors in the text exist in my source, so I'm going to fix them now! I hope nothing got corrupted on my end, but I suspect that precisely because you are not a native English speaker that you found these errors. I think when you're used to reading a certain pattern over and over, your brain fudges the details. So everyone has missed these except you. ;) Thanks.
banana_split wrote:For some odd reason, the error with "beau_display_ask" keeps popping up.
This is the result of fixing a previous problem. :x Some of you weren't getting character endings and that's because I mistakenly put required variables in an "init" block which resets every time you restart the game. So those of you who loaded previous saves rather than powering through it all in one sitting were losing your endings (and other cutscenes). So I put the variables where they belonged but those of you who relied on those variables being in their previous spot are now going to report errors ...

If you can get to a spot in your save where you can press F1 and enter a cheat code, the next update that I am uploading right now will have cheat codes that can fix this (hopefully). Otherwise, you can start a new game and this will be fixed.

If you are having this problem and would like to continue with your current save (and can find a place in your save to do this), press F1:

If pursuing Dallas:
You've seen the beach scene and are friends: Type "d_dating"
Otherwise: Type "nopath" and then F1 again to type "dpath"

If pursuing Beau:
You've seen the scene where they sleep together: Type "b_dating"
Otherwise: Type "nopath" and then F1 again to type "bpath"

If pursuing Emmitt:
You've seen the scene at the amusement park: Type "e_dating"
Otherwise: Type "nopath" and then F1 again to type "epath"

Or just do "nopath" for no character path.

I suspect that will fix the issue. If not, a new game may be required. :(
Last edited by Aleema on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banana_split

#32 Post by banana_split »

Aleema wrote:Could those that have played the demo confirm that they are having troubles with the Memorabilia? Could you also try deleting persistent data and then tell me if it started working? It is found here on Windows: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ The folder starts with "rockrobin"
It may also be inside your game folder under the "saves" folder. You may have to delete both. (Not sure.)

That worked for me. Yay! \^o^/

As for
Aleema wrote:If you can get to a spot in your save where you can press F1 and enter a cheat code, the next update that I am uploading right now will have cheat codes that can fix this (hopefully)
that -sadly- did not work. :/
(At least it would explain why I didn't trigger that error yesterday - if that's the error that ocurred after the last update that is. ^^')

But I guess I'll just go an rape the skip button a third time :lol:

And oh yea, since I forgot to mention it; I'm quite hyped as well that the beta is finally out and ready to play, since I, too, waited for it... a long time? :lol: Should be now a couple of years, too, but I'm sure all the waiting and the nasty little 'errorses' will definitely be worth it!
I'll gladly fill in the questionnaire then after I've beaten the game at least once. :D

Snow Fluke

#33 Post by Snow Fluke »

Better late than never :) I needed something to keep me from studying and started checking out various demos. Since then I've been stalking your blog :D

Also I found other small mistakes
1) (Dallas path, confrontation) after flashback about Dallas wanting to go solo "So I laid in bed until three'o'clock.." three o'clock
2) Talking to Dallas about Bruno "...my arms firmly clossed and my focused determined to..." shouldn't it be 'focus'?
3) (Dallas path, New album) when Robin peeled the sticker "but it left a sticky residue, but i found..." not a mistake, I just think that replacing one of the 'but' with something with similar meaning will make it nicer.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by try10 »

I'm also having trouble with the memorabilia. I played the demo before, but I couldn't find any old files there since they were all deleted. I tried to search for the persistent file that you said but maybe it's located somewhere else... The only persistent I found were the ones in the beta game and in the save file. I deleted the one in the save but the error is still there. I even deleted the game and downloaded it again but it's no use. Is there anywhere else where the date of a game could be saved even if you remove the said game?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Aleema »

All I know about the location of persistent data is from the wiki:
Data Location. The place where the data is stored varies based on the operating system being used:

Windows: %APPDATA%/RenPy/persistent
Mac OS X: ~/Library/RenPy/persistent
Linux/Other: ~/.renpy/persistent
The folder is called "rockrobin-game-lol-hi" so you could try searching for that. :)

Snow Fluke: Thank you!

n0tgin
Regular

#36 Post by n0tgin »

OK! So I've finished story mode twice (all thanks to my non-existent sleeping schedule and crazed work habit... coughs) and I had lots of fun! I had 2 issues with gameplay, but they've already been resolved.
Another thing pertains more to writing, but in Emmitt's route he seems to switch nicknames between Bobby and Robby and...? Not sure if it's intentional, but I ought to throw it in anyway. I'll get around to filling up the questionnaire, but overall, I had lots of fun playing!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Aleema »

He calls her both Robby and Bobby and sometimes Robby Bobby. ;)

NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

#38 Post by NeryNight »

Did you like the music jukebox, or did you wish to turn it off? Would you ever consider personalizng the jukebox with your own music?
I liked it. I did personilized it with music I felt fitted my band.

Did you feel there were any places that you thought there should be more band chats or forum posts that reacted to recent events? Where?
I don't remember thinking this.

Often did you "hang out" with your band members?
I mostly hang out with Beau because I was pursuing him. I wanted to leave the hang out scenes fresh for when I played other paths.

Did you win an AMP award? Did you win any pre-televised awards before the ceremony?
I won "Best Female Preformer" and Beau won "Best Alternative Keyboard Performance"

Did the game's 800x600 resolution bother you?
No

Were there any parts of the game that lagged, stuttered or slowed down for you?
The game crash many times when I was trying to load an old saved file.

What would you say was your least favorite part of the game, that needs the most improvement? What was your favorite part?
My favorite part was the story. My least favorite part was the constant crashing between loading.

If you could add a feature or expand on an existing feature in the game, what would it be?
A way to tell what training/activities member are in the mood to do.

Fun Question: What did you name your band? What genre was it?
The Ghostly Shados. Alternative Rock

Optional: What is your age and gender? Just curious about the game's audience.
21. Female

I downloaded this version Monday afternoon.

NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

#39 Post by NeryNight »

Don't know if this will help, but I got this error message when I pressed the button to play a gig. Then, the game crashed. It was after Emmett reached Music 30, before buying a Bass.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/po.rpy", line 144, in script
  File "game/code/po.rpy", line 679, in <module>
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/po.rpy", line 144, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\game\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\game\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/code/po.rpy", line 679, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\game\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ui.py", line 488, in __call__
    w = self.function(*args, **keyword)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\game\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\text\text.py", line 1334, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\game\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\text\text.py", line 1404, in set_text
    i = unicode(i)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by try10 »

I can't find a file called Appdata in my computer... :( Well, it's the family computer after all and everything is a mess in here, so... O_o
The only thing I dislike about ren'py is the fact that you have to manually delete the old saves cause they remain there who knows where... well it's called PERSISTENT for a reason :lol:
It will be hard to keep up with the events for each character, but I won't give up! :D

Snow Fluke

#41 Post by Snow Fluke »

One of ads in the forum is missing. This appeared when I picked grunge as my genre. Alternative and classic rock are fine.
screenshot0001.png
And some more mistakes that i found:
1.(Dallas path, Sterling II) Picking up stuff at Sterling house "I had hoped we could use this an opportunity to talk" as an opportunity
2. (Dallas path, Sterling II) when Dallas throw Robin outside "Tthen it whooshed..." Then
3. talkin to Dallas about revisiting Sterling "Why was he talking me? Why was he bringing up -?" talking to me
4. When Robin was standing in the ocean "There as no heat left..." There was
5. Hanging out with Dallas in the vinyl shop "...carefully dropped it on the edge of the of the record" Double 'of the'
6. Emmitt bringing Oink to cheer up Robin "...any of this crap could make it could make it look..." Double 'could make it'
7. Emmitt path tkanksgiving, Marcus line "yeah. They we re apologizing..." were
8. Talking to Beau about Emmitt "Don't lie. You want my bod." body
When I finish Emmitt path I will fill out the questionnaire and post memorabilia screenshots because some scenes didn't unlock

Pace

#42 Post by Pace »

Got this error when sorting album list (I break stuff gud!)

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/planner.rpy", line 570, in script call
  File "game/code/misc/event_dispatcher.rpy", line 308, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 924, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 913, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 932, in script call
  File "game/code/shop.rpy", line 940, in script call
  File "game/code/songs.rpy", line 572, in script
  File "game/code/songs.rpy", line 659, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/code/songs.rpy", line 572, in script
  File "D:\games\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\ast.py", line 806, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\games\RockRobin_Beta-all\RockRobin_Beta-all\renpy\python.py", line 1577, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/code/songs.rpy", line 659, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

Oh and thanks for the lol:

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

#43 Post by PeroxidePrince »

A few more things:
- Dallas | Asking about his leather jacket: "At a fleamarket or something?" - "flea market"
- Blue Rose | Movie Marathon Scene: "You are be very rude for someone getting presents." - "being"
- Wizz | Vinyl Shop: "The ... The wesbite nerd!" - "website"
- Wizz | Robin's Song: "The man laughed and the wrinkled around his eyes..." - "wrinkles"
- Alessandro | Introduction: "What's you name?" - "your"
- Seth | Next Morning: "I grabbed a washcloth and started to furiously wipe off his graffitti." - "graffiti"
- Seth | Don't Play It: "My fist lunged for him and crash into his chest." - "crashed"
- Beau | Sterling: "My breathing and hearbeat returned to some semblance of normal." - "heartbeat"

- Blue Rose & Alessandro didn't unlock for me in Memorabilia even though I saw their scenes in game and unlocked them for Open Mode.
- I bought a bass upgrade for Robin (the Lambada) when she had 200 Music and it ended up subtracting from her Music stat instead.
Beau's Memorabilia page after completing his route:

Snow Fluke

#44 Post by Snow Fluke »

Dallas memorabilia
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0005.png
And Emmitt (Only two scenes are missing)
screenshot0006.png
And other things I found
1.(Emmitt path, Amusement park) After the ride "...bar release its illusion of saftey." safety
2. Talking to Emmitt about taking pictures "This has nothing to with that." nothing to do
3. Talking to Emmitt about cookies "By the time I could even look at he container..." the container
4. Emmitt path AMP "...press was going to be there, so I maybe I should..." One I is not needed
5.After Robin received tickets from Collin. "Closer inspection revealed them to be the same front row seat for the next six shows" and after that is the same text but instead of six shows is "...for the next two weeks" Is this supposed to be this way?
Also i filled out the questionnaire
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

lo6otia

#45 Post by lo6otia »

After deleting the persistent data and the save files from the demo, the memorabilia still doesn't work. Then I updated the game and got the "beau_display_ask" error. I tried the cheat codes and the only one that worked for me was the 'nopath' code, but I was on Emmitt's path so I decided to delete all save files and start a new game. The memorabilia's not working again even with completely wiped out saves. Do I have to finish a full playthrough to see it? Right now I'm on Dallas' path just after New Year - so far no other issues and I'm enjoying the game quite a lot :)