Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNoRenO '16]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Lads in Distress [GxB][Otome|Fairy Tale][NaNoRenO '16]DL

#16 Post by minyan »

...So I just got Mer's other ending.

*cough*

*cough cough*

Wasn't expecting that.

I don't... I don't even know what to say other than that. Just... don't. Don't change it.
ImageImage

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#17 Post by Kumiho »

minyan wrote:.
LOOOOOOL<3 I'm glad you didn't hate it to the point that you want me to scrap it, at least! x')
It's the lowkey troll, lowkey true end. It will be even more true in the expansion if I manage to improve my writing skills ;u;

someone45678
Completed: The Beginning

#18 Post by someone45678 »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

finally.
imma play this
and then go cry in a corner somewhere far far away.
DOWNLOADING!

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#19 Post by Mashiro-chi »

OOH,finally here!!Yes,I have waited for this day! As a fan of those re-telling fairy tales I'm super exited!!
Thank you for the game! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

*Clicks download*

Game dev blog:Tumblr

someone45678

#20 Post by someone45678 »

SHE DIDN'T DANCE WITH ZEL
WHY DIDN'T SHE DANCE WITH ZEL?
WHERE IS HE?

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#21 Post by Windchimes »

@minyan:
Thank you so much for playing and taking the time to comment <3
Youknowyouwanttoplayallthreeroutesthough
Doit

@someone45678:
Hey! Thanks for the comments! I also got your PM, but I'll have to double check with Kumiho since she's the one who wrote Mer's route before answering. Thanks for the sharp eyes xD
As for why Charming didn't dance with Zel, I believe it's been mentioned a couple of times at the beginning of the story, especially during the scenes where you can
research on each individual prince, particularly the poem, that Zel is locked up in a tower, so he won't be at the ball.
@Mashiro-chi:
Thank you for the interest :"D Hope you'll enjoy the game <3

Thank you so much for the interest and comments everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting the download link up earlier ;; If there are any problems with the downloads, or you caught any more typos/bugs, please PM me and let me know! Hope you all are enjoying the game :D

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#22 Post by MimirollCookie »

Okay! So I played enough.
My feedback:
1. Did you enjoy the game? Any thoughts/comments?
-I loved it!!! It was so sweet and a nice plot, I didn't liked it, but I ADORE it! The CGs are adorbs!
I saw my fanart which delighted my day! ^w^
2. Who is your favorite character after playing the game?
- Prince Snow.
He's sweet after all. :oops:
3. Who did you pursue first, and who is your favorite love interest?
- I pursued Prince Mer, and I love Prince Snow!
If you have time, please vote here for your favorite prince!
http://strawpoll.me/7292053
- Sure! I'll try to vote. ;)
4. What ending did you get first?
- Mer's ending #1
5. Is there anything in particular you would like to see in the expansion?
- Um... Maybe add a stat-raising system before the ball. It will make the game more fun! :D
6. Other questions or points of critique?
- Any chance of a sequel? ;)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#23 Post by MimirollCookie »

There's an error uguu~

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/snowroute.rpy", line 1574, in script
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/snowroute.rpy", line 1574, in script
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 603, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1121, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 828, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 690, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\character.py", line 493, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\ui.py", line 277, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2424, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2765, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 1849, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 394, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6190)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 610, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 282, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1156, in render
    self.update(st, at)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1143, in update
    child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1206, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "C:\Users\boss\Desktop\Piong Games\renpy-6.99.8-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1203, in condition_switch_pick
    raise Exception("Switch could not choose a displayable.")
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
Lads in Distress 1.0
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#24 Post by Windchimes »

@MimirollCookie:
Hey~ Thanks for the feedback
Happy to hear you like Snow :"D
And yes, the sequel/expansion has been planned for quite some time now. In fact, we're currently recruiting for more CG artists for the future release, which I mentioned in first post.
About the error... ah yes, Idk how we didn't catch that earlier. There was a typo in the code that affected the side sprite. For now, just click Ignore like 5 times to skip past that bit and it'll go back to working fine, or rollback and choose the other option at the choice menu. We'll try to push out an update asap with bug fixes/typo fixes. For now, please bear with us ;;

Thank you again!

someone45678

#25 Post by someone45678 »

Windchimes wrote: @someone45678:
Hey! Thanks for the comments! I also got your PM, but I'll have to double check with Kumiho since she's the one who wrote Mer's route before answering. Thanks for the sharp eyes xD
As for why Charming didn't dance with Zel, I believe it's been mentioned a couple of times at the beginning of the story, especially during the scenes where you can
research on each individual prince, particularly the poem, that Zel is locked up in a tower, so he won't be at the ball.

Yeah i'm sorry i kind of realized that but a little too late :#)
i feel stupid for saying that.
ugh.

1. Yes i really enjoyed the game it was so fun :)
as for comments...... hmm... none :D if i think of any i will edit this. i think.
2. Who is your favorite character after playing the game?
i guess zel, but i also really like King Jack and the Queen, i think they're awesome people :):):):):)
3. Who did you pursue first, and who is your favorite love interest?
mer X'D
Z.E.L.

4. What ending did you get first?
mer's first ending
5. Is there anything in particular you would like to see in the expansion?
hmm.... YES! if the routes were longer! and the game had more bad endings!
the obsession ending was beautiful.
that sounds sick but meh. :lol:
and more CGs . the art is beautiful. we need more CGs.
6. nah ;)

edit: I WANT TO SEE CHARMING'S PARENTS!
i mean, she has such a strong relationship with her parents and they do make part of the story (i think?) it's a shame they have no face. or hands. or anything for that matter.
yea.
her parents are awesome people too. i really like them :)

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#26 Post by Alcor »

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're really happy to hear that you enjoyed the game.
someone45678 wrote: edit: I WANT TO SEE CHARMING'S PARENTS!
i mean, she has such a strong relationship with her parents and they do make part of the story (i think?) it's a shame they have no face. or hands. or anything for that matter.
yea.
We will indeed have lovely sprites by Elzee for the parents in the post-NaNo expansion! The current silhouettes are just placeholders I made. They're not very pretty, but we thought it would be better to have silhouettes than thin air. XD

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#27 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

First off, let me start by saying that this game is truly beautiful. I have only played one route so far, but the story was amazing, just simply amazing.
Mer made me feel so many different emotions. At first, I thought that he was kind, cute, and maybe a little timid. But, then, I also got the feeling that something wasn't right. He was too mysterious, and I started to doubt his stories, and his excuse for having and hiding a dagger. I...I was horrified, but not really surprised when he pulled the dagger on me. I felt so hurt, sad, and, admittedly, angry, because I had liked him from the start. When he started crying while explaining I couldn't help but feel sorry for him, and even when he had the dagger pointed at me, seeing him cry made me upset. I can understand why he did what he did, and I am glad that the ending was happy, and the commoners got the things they deserved.
I really would love to see another otome game from you, but that all depends on what you want to do. This was a work of art, and something that touched me deeply. I really felt so close to Mer, and the route really was captivating and enjoyable.

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#28 Post by Elze »

someone45678 wrote:
Windchimes wrote: @someone45678:
edit: I WANT TO SEE CHARMING'S PARENTS!
yea.
HI THERE ; v ; Yup as Alcor has mentioned, I'll be working on their sprites for the extended version. Since we had a time limit of one month and I already had 6 sprites to work on + a very hectic full time job, I was unable to get their sprites done in time for NaNo release. We figured it'll be better to release with silhouettes than further delay release of the VN just to include the parent sprites, since everyone was so eager to play the game. Please look forward to the extended version of our game <3

Also I am too tired, so I'm going to bed and will reply to tumblr/lsf comments tomorrow when I wake up, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU to those of you who have commented (either here or on our tumblr) that they liked the character art aldoahdahwdw. It motivates me to continue drawing sprites for LiD so TYVM <3

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#29 Post by Kumiho »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:
Oh, oh gosh, thank you so much for such kind words. ;u; You are way too sweet and I don't even. I'm so glad if I was able to make Mer's route immersive and emotional, and not... just a trainwreck of infodump and boredom. And I'm just super glad I made him someone you could empathize with 8') Also, yes! Elzee's art is flawless omg. She did such an amazing job with the expressions, and I cried. I was super scared people would end up hating him omg, so I'm glad that you, at least, didn't. <3 Thanks so much again! You're so kind!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#30 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Kumiho wrote:
VocaloidsRCool wrote:
Oh, oh gosh, thank you so much for such kind words. ;u; You are way too sweet and I don't even. I'm so glad if I was able to make Mer's route immersive and emotional, and not... just a trainwreck of infodump and boredom. And I'm just super glad I made him someone you could empathize with 8') Also, yes! Elzee's art is flawless omg. She did such an amazing job with the expressions, and I cried. I was super scared people would end up hating him omg, so I'm glad that you, at least, didn't. <3 Thanks so much again! You're so kind!
Sorry for the late reply. I love Mer because you made him lovable. You should be proud, because you are a very talented writer. Thank you for creating such a great character. :D