★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#46 Post by Aleema »

Okay! To solve the Memorabilia error I'm DELETING EVERYONE'S PERSISTENT DATA MWAAHAHA :twisted:

Actually, I'm just going to rename the variable on my end, so all of you will have to generate new data from the start. Only scene unlock data will be erased, other persistent data will remain.

Hopefully, I've fixed certain scenes not unlocking themselves, although some of those ??? mean you honestly did not unlock those scenes.

I'm also going to convert the Memorabilia into modern scene language to also circumvent these errors. This will delay the additional content by a few hours, I'm sorry. :(

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#47 Post by Aleema »

0.60 is uploaded!

Image Image

Patch Notes:
- Added Open Mode Main Story
- Added The Blue Rose
- Added Collin

- Fixed Memorabilia
- Added prices to shop items that were missing them
- Fixed Pace's CD list error
- Fixed missing forum banner ad
- Fixed 'ascii' codec error
- Fixed typos

You'll need to re-download the game, or after updating delete "archive.rpa" and rename "archive.rpa.new" as "archive.rpa" inside your game folder.

You'll also notice that all of your scene unlock data is gone. I've re-structured the memorabilia so that A) it works for everyone and B) if I need to make changes to a character's scene list, I don't need to alter anyone else's.

Found out what was throwing those ASCII errors. I thought it was a forum post, but it was actually a stray symbol in the TXT file containing the song names.

We also released a blog post that explores why the game is free and how Starling got involved with the project. I plan on writing a blog about Rose and Collin sometime this week.

In regards to Open Mode's storyline:
Sebastian's later scenes will change based on who you romanced previous in Story Mode. Meaning, Dallas, Beau and Emmitt will have their own versions. In general, those guys will be more present in the story once I release their extended romances (in June). For now, they're off doing their own thing and Robin only references them a little. Sorry!
Last edited by Aleema on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

lo6otia

#48 Post by lo6otia »

Last night I finished a full playthrough and I filled the questionnaire. Now is update time :D

Edit: the Memorabilia's finally working! Time to go again unlocking these ???
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

selenity136
Regular

#49 Post by selenity136 »

So I tried making a new story mode game and this happens.
Attachments
new game.txt
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Snow Fluke

#50 Post by Snow Fluke »

All Top album chart names have u before "
screenshot0001.png
And this
-Talking to Beau about his Hotel Manager(Re-something, I forgot his name) . Robin: "You're the headache between us, mister! Believe you me!" Believe me

selenity136
Regular

#51 Post by selenity136 »

selenity136 wrote:So I tried making a new story mode game and this happens.
Wow, totally ignore that post since I just saw the instructions. -_-

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Aleema »

Just found out that if you skip the introduction, you won't unlock Beau or Emmitt in your Memorabilia, which is a problem only for those who are beta testing because normally you'd be forced to view the introduction at least once. I'll try to patch that tonight.

Also the "u" glitch on the top album chart. (thanks Snow Fluke!)

@lo6otia: I actually removed the game difficulty setting but I didn't update the questionnaire to reflect that. Oops! Thank you for your feedback! So interesting to see how people play the game.

selenity136
Regular

#53 Post by selenity136 »

Aleema wrote:Just found out that if you skip the introduction, you won't unlock Beau or Emmitt in your Memorabilia, which is a problem only for those who are beta testing because normally you'd be forced to view the introduction at least once. I'll try to patch that tonight.

Also the "u" glitch on the top album chart. (thanks Snow Fluke!)

@lo6otia: I actually removed the game difficulty setting but I didn't update the questionnaire to reflect that. Oops! Thank you for your feedback! So interesting to see how people play the game.
Noo...so does that mean I'll have to replay Emmitt's path again? :O

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#54 Post by Aleema »

Nah, just means you might need to skip through the introduction once more, or you can use the cheat "fuck this unlocking shit" which should hopefully unlock everyone possible.

selenity136
Regular

#55 Post by selenity136 »

Oo okay cool. I've started playing OM and for the gig objective, it might be helpful if you could specify what venue ^^. I got confused since I had opened all the venues at that point.

Also, in the modify band list, is it possible to see the member's stats after you hire them? Sometimes I would forget what stats I hired who for and wanted to compare to the others. It's a minor thing really, but it would be nice.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:Oo okay cool. I've started playing OM and for the gig objective, it might be helpful if you could specify what venue ^^. I got confused since I had opened all the venues at that point.
What objective? The only one I can think of is one where it says you must play at the "Event" venue.
selenity136 wrote:Also, in the modify band list, is it possible to see the member's stats after you hire them? Sometimes I would forget what stats I hired who for and wanted to compare to the others. It's a minor thing really, but it would be nice.
I want to re-do the recruit list entirely so that it conveys information better, so this is definitely something I will add when I do.

lo6otia

#57 Post by lo6otia »

I have a question about Faust - yesterday I unlocked him and now when I updated the game and played again through Dallas' path I hadn't met him at all. I tried not to change anything from my previous playthrough and yet he's not there. Does he show up randomly or did I just messed up something? I can't remember what was the date/ month of the bachelorette party to load a save that's near it :(
And I found something that I think needs an improvement - not enough save slots!!! I like to have many saves, these slots will do only for story mode :D

selenity136
Regular

#58 Post by selenity136 »

Aleema wrote:
selenity136 wrote:Oo okay cool. I've started playing OM and for the gig objective, it might be helpful if you could specify what venue ^^. I got confused since I had opened all the venues at that point.
What objective? The only one I can think of is one where it says you must play at the "Event" venue.

Yea, that event gig. When I saw that you need to play a gig, I played at the arena a couple of times but i didn't see the story progressed. So I had to play at each venue because I must have read that part a bit too fast ^^". I also want to romance Collin, but I don't want to lose all my money when I dump him for Wizz and to find out that I can't pursue Wizz so I have to start a new game and Wizz hates Robin so much because I'm throwing gifts at him and his affection only grows so little :'( .

I tried going back to my band, I tried loading up the band with Faust in it only to end up with my original band--which had Jammy in it. Maybe this is an error?

---Edit: Also encountered an error while going through Blue Rose's route. It's the restroom scene at the theater. It works after clicking ignore.
Attachments
blue rose.txt
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
band 2.png
band 1.png

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by Aleema »

lo6otia wrote:I have a question about Faust - yesterday I unlocked him and now when I updated the game and played again through Dallas' path I hadn't met him at all. I tried not to change anything from my previous playthrough and yet he's not there. Does he show up randomly or did I just messed up something? I can't remember what was the date/ month of the bachelorette party to load a save that's near it :(
And I found something that I think needs an improvement - not enough save slots!!! I like to have many saves, these slots will do only for story mode :D
Wow, you're burning through 72 save slots? Well, you can always go forward an infinite amount of pages (you aren't capped) so you can get more that way.

Faust appears after April 1st in your 2nd year and then subsequently when you go shopping.
selenity136 wrote:I also want to romance Collin, but I don't want to lose all my money when I dump him for Wizz and to find out that I can't pursue Wizz so I have to start a new game and Wizz hates Robin so much because I'm throwing gifts at him and his affection only grows so little :'(
Wizz has a lot of chats that will raise his affection, so I had to balance it out with his gifts.

Why are you afraid of losing all your money? :|
selenity136 wrote: I tried going back to my band, I tried loading up the band with Faust in it only to end up with my original band--which had Jammy in it. Maybe this is an error?
I think there may be a bug with firing/hiring people that breaks saving. I'm going to research this. I believe I can fix it, just need some time.

Thanks for that bug report.

selenity136
Regular

#60 Post by selenity136 »

@Aleema: the reason for that is 'cause I really don't want to lose the town house. But I guess I would have to make multiple bands if I were to pursue each open mode romance. *sighs* I'm just really lousy at naming stuff.

And about Wizz, I guess that explains it. I was thinking that "man, is Wizz annoyed with Robin that much and that he can't let go of the throwing the cds to the floor incident??" I know they had a bad start but he's really making Robin grovel and spend lots of gifts on him. ^^"

I also made a mistake of giving Claudette a senseless gift and Emma some makeup...never before had I seen the friendship meter go down so fast. I didn't purchase the shopping assistant cause I was saving.