Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

Re: Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

#16 Post by Amiralo »

I love love LOVED Carver. Man, I just really liked how smol and agressive he was. His dynamic with ginger was priceless-it feels my sadistic heart with joy to see them duke it out with each other haha. But the kissing scenes made my otome heart swooon.
Good job. It has been a long time where i wholeheartedly enjoyed a fluff otome game. I really liked how goal oriented and active the heroine was. She knew what she wanted all right and i admired her for that.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#17 Post by minyan »

Amiralo wrote:I love love LOVED Carver. Man, I just really liked how smol and agressive he was. His dynamic with ginger was priceless-it feels my sadistic heart with joy to see them duke it out with each other haha. But the kissing scenes made my otome heart swooon.
Good job. It has been a long time where i wholeheartedly enjoyed a fluff otome game. I really liked how goal oriented and active the heroine was. She knew what she wanted all right and i admired her for that.
Yessss Carver's my favorite! I'm so glad you liked it <3 We all had fun with Ginger so I'm gad to hear that. ^^
ImageImage

maria-chaaan
Completed: My Friend Who Came From the Forest
Projects: My Friend Who Came From the Forest
Organization: PlayHaus
Tumblr: itsmariachaaan
Deviantart: mariachaaan

#18 Post by maria-chaaan »

currently downloading~! This looks really neat :3 Will be playing it over the weekend. Thank you so much for the hard work~! Congratulations~!

Kirlett
Regular

#19 Post by Kirlett »

I AM HERE AGAIN. AND LET ME TELL YOU. RADLEY IS A CUTIE PIE AND I WANT GINGER TO MARRY HIM SO BAD.
He knew all along!!!! I. JUST. CAN'T. :cry: I fell so hard for this funny guy, aw. THAT PLOT TWIST THO. He knew and he didn't care. :cry: ALSO. He was...hehe...smooth. Bath day :oops: I will take my clothes off for you :oops: Damn Rads :lol: How can I not love him? :roll:
But the MC is...not a really good person, is she? :lol: Let's make a guy fall in love with me so I can make a cake :D His feelings? GARBAGE. I DON'T CARE. WHERE'S MY CAKE. And I think that's another reason why I prefer Radley's route.
BECAUSE HE KNEW. HE WASN'T DECEIVED LIKE THE OTHERS. RADS IS SPECIAL. F*CK YEAH TRUE ENDING. (For me)
Sorry for getting overemotional. Your fault for doing such a good job.

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#20 Post by RumRat »

I was really glad to see this vn completed, loved all the pastry puns and silliness. :D

So I went with Radley first since he seemed the most fun route.
Ginger was so mean to Benji
and I wasn't ready to see how she plans to get out of that, and Carver I totally hated.
-Radley's route was as fun as I expected, loved his playful attitude and how chill he was over the whole "using you for cake" ordeal.
And he fell in the mud. A germophobe.
XD I really wish there was a CG of him freaking out for that scene, haha.

-Then I went with Benji's route and oh god,
I just melted when he started crying,
this route was absolutely adorable. :D

-So then I thought, I'm already here, why not play, ugh... Carvers route. That annoying, arrogant jerk.
...and then I fell in love. XD
No, but seriously, Carver is definitely my favorite. The whole stuck-up attitude comes across more as a joke after you spend some time with him, and I love the way they threw insults at each other as means of getting closer. XD I call all my friends bad names and throw insults at them all the time, as they do to me, but we know we don't actually mean anything bad by it, and it's how we express love to each other, so this kind of relationship would definitely be my fav.
He's pretty cute for a pancake, yup.

Edit: Realized some parts might need spoiler tags. I don't need any for the comment on Carver's route, I think?

In any case, in continuation to that silly jumping sheep fanart, I drew you more stuff:

Ah, sorry that the fanart for tiny Carver came out such a large image. :")
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#21 Post by minyan »

maria-chaaan wrote:currently downloading~! This looks really neat :3 Will be playing it over the weekend. Thank you so much for the hard work~! Congratulations~!
I hope you love it! :D
Kirlett wrote:I AM HERE AGAIN. AND LET ME TELL YOU. RADLEY IS A CUTIE PIE AND I WANT GINGER TO MARRY HIM SO BAD.
He knew all along!!!! I. JUST. CAN'T. :cry: I fell so hard for this funny guy, aw. THAT PLOT TWIST THO. He knew and he didn't care. :cry: ALSO. He was...hehe...smooth. Bath day :oops: I will take my clothes off for you :oops: Damn Rads :lol: How can I not love him? :roll:
But the MC is...not a really good person, is she? :lol: Let's make a guy fall in love with me so I can make a cake :D His feelings? GARBAGE. I DON'T CARE. WHERE'S MY CAKE. And I think that's another reason why I prefer Radley's route.
BECAUSE HE KNEW. HE WASN'T DECEIVED LIKE THE OTHERS. RADS IS SPECIAL. F*CK YEAH TRUE ENDING. (For me)
Oh my gosh. YES.
We were all talking about how Radley's route is so canon Shh I didn't say anything.
And haha no, I wouldn't call Ginger... a good person xD She's definitely selfish and can be a bit mean-spirited, but that's why I love her <3 Oh yea I loved Radley's end I was practically crawling out of Averxy's computer yelling at her to keep writing before it was over xD

I'm so happy you liked it ;u; This really put a smile on my face.

ThePirate wrote:I was really glad to see this vn completed, loved all the pastry puns and silliness. :D

and I wasn't ready to see how she plans to get out of that, and Carver I totally hated.
-Radley's route was as fun as I expected, loved his playful attitude and how chill he was over the whole "using you for cake" ordeal.

-So then I thought, I'm already here, why not play, ugh... Carvers route. That annoying, arrogant jerk.
No, but seriously, Carver is definitely my favorite. The whole stuck-up attitude comes across more as a joke after you spend some time with him, and I love the way they threw insults at each other as means of getting closer. XD I call all my friends bad names and throw insults at them all the time, as they do to me, but we know we don't actually mean anything bad by it, and it's how we express love to each other, so this kind of relationship would definitely be my fav.

Edit: Realized some parts might need spoiler tags. I don't need any for the comment on Carver's route, I think?

In any case, in continuation to that silly jumping sheep fanart, I drew you more stuff:

THE ART AHHHHHHHH
YES ANOTHER ONE FOR TEAM CARVER (we totally need shirts xD)
But yes Carver is my favorite too. I'm so glad that you hated him at first and then liked him after spending time with him because that's totally what we were going for and is definitely the charm of the route I think. It was so much fun to write and it makes me wanna cry that you liked it so much <3

And btw I've been eying the dreamweaver but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet- I'll be doing that this weekend!

Someone is doing a lets play! Here! I was so shocked but so happy!
ImageImage

Harmonywish
Regular

#22 Post by Harmonywish »

Yes! I've been looking forward for this for a long time! I haven't finished it so far, only up to chapter 6 I think, and going for Radley! I love Ginger's personality in this one! She is just so funny with her awkward flirting and thoughts. :'D All for the cake! Radley's really cute, and I laughed a lot at their interactions :)
I do wish he actually striped, I mean if I get to see Benjamin's abs, I need to see Radley's! And the part about his muscles xD
Benjamin was also very funny, I loved his sheep a lot!
Ginger was quite mean to him though Owo...
When I finish Radley's route, I'll probably be looking at Benjamin's :>
Last edited by Harmonywish on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#23 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ah it is out, must play!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#24 Post by Oktolio »

Hello hello my lovelies!
Thank you SO much, every and each of you, that decided to play our game and liked it!! I'm happy to hear it was enjoyable <3 I had a lot of fun making it. And a lot of fun...making fun of our silly characters! Hehe.
VocaloidsRCool wrote:What a great game!!! I got Benjamin's...er Beeenjamin's good ending 'Not So Sheepish After All' before a guide was put up. It wasn't hard; all I had to do was watch the affection meter and see how high it was. He is a LOT like me. Odd, misunderstood, a bit of a shut in, and has a sad past. Plus he loves animals. How could I not pick him? I really enjoyed playing, and I'm happy you finished this in time for NaNoRen. Keep up the great work~ <3
I love Ben so much. He's my awkward little baby. Though I must say, sassy answers were my favourite in his route C: Really bring out his sweet and goofy nature. Thank you for playing!
Kirlett wrote:I'M HERE AGAIN. WELL. First of all, let me tell you that Radley was my favorite from the beggining. But I wanted to make Ben's and Carver's routes first because I wanted the feeling of Rads as the "true ending". AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. I MEAN.
He's SO in love with her. It pained me watching him get jealous and happy at the same time when she was with another guy. REALLY MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT. The true ending with Ben...auch. My poor baby Rads. Actually, I found it funny how Radley gets mad at Ben and tries to get in the way, but with Carver, he just smiles and tells her to get her man. (AUCH </3) He hates Carver, but he does nothing to try to separate them. I'm not saying it was bad! Quite the contrary ^^
And now I'm going to play Radley's route :oops: And die of love, probably. And come back and tell you how much I loved his story, probably. Sorry not sorry.
Love the game! And the music!
Yeah, Radley's story is the most heartbaking of them all, considering
he's...okay with being used. He just wants to be with Ginger. Ouch!
And yes, like Minyan said earlier:
Wouldn't you get mad if a sheep enthusiast came out of nowhere and snatched the girl of your dreams? :lol:
Thanks for playing and enjoying it! :D
Amiralo wrote:I love love LOVED Carver. Man, I just really liked how smol and agressive he was. His dynamic with ginger was priceless-it feels my sadistic heart with joy to see them duke it out with each other haha. But the kissing scenes made my otome heart swooon.
Actually, we make fun of Carver the most xD How can you not? This silly baby pancake. And, to be perfectly honest. He was supposed to be the tallest one :lol: I can't even remember the exact moment when we thought, "yes, perfect. we shall make him a dwarf" (He's 157cm, so smaller than Ginger).
Thank you for playing our game <3 We all love our mean-spirited mc so much...never change, Ginger :D
Kirlett wrote:I AM HERE AGAIN. AND LET ME TELL YOU. RADLEY IS A CUTIE PIE AND I WANT GINGER TO MARRY HIM SO BAD.
I would take his invitation right away. I feel you, my dear :lol:
He's definitely the sweetest of them all, that would shower you with presents and affection with no doubt. Though, his pranks...
Haha! Yeah, we tried to make Ginger a strong, independent elf who don't knead no man! She wants to make a cake, and oh she WILL bake it! Haha. Thanks for playing!
ThePirate wrote:I was really glad to see this vn completed, loved all the pastry puns and silliness. :D

AHHHHH OH GOD. FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU FOR WONDERFUL FANARTS!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I think I'm going to make the absolutely cutest Ben picture my phone wallpaper <3 Hopefully...it won't get too blurry, haha...
Yeah, I love Ginger's and Carver's relationship. It's kind of, a hard-love relationship. And we all love baby jerks like him. Thanks for playing our game <3
In Progress: Paint My World Anew, Breadbox
Finished: Heartbaked

RumRat
Regular
Completed: The Dreamweaver
Tumblr: the-rat-prince
Deviantart: TheRatPrince

#25 Post by RumRat »

minyan wrote: YES ANOTHER ONE FOR TEAM CARVER (we totally need shirts xD)
Go team Carver!

Anyhow I'm glad you guys enjoyed the fanart, seeing as I enjoyed the game so much, definitely looking forward to more from Gourmet. :D
Formerly ThePirate

The Dreamweaver(NaNo 2016)

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#26 Post by audrenes »

I finiiiiiished it!! And as I said, I return with a review!

All of the routes were fun to play and liveblog! And as expected, all of them were cinnamon rolls in their own right (Beeenjamin being the purest while Carver was the Sinnamon roll lol)

And, because of habit, I renamed Ginger with a not-so-serious name pfft
It was Buttcake. And her nickname was Booter. I'm so sorry ヾ(´▽`;)ゝ
I was expecting to go down a common route before the actual romancing started, so I started with Radley's route first because that was the first choice I picked and I just went with it lol. I felt so dumb being around 6 days in and making no progress so I went back and corrected my mistakes. After that, I played Beeenjamin's route and bruh I felt so bad when I messed up with him before fixing those mistakes. When I got to Carver's route I was super hyped that I actually started off well but I was panicking when I was starting to lose points @___@

I gotta say tho, being the person I am, the sprites where
Beeenjamin was crying and Carver regretting his word choices were my faves, 10/10. I dunno why but I just really appreciate a really nice crying/sad face ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
sidenote: i just saw that carver's height is 157 cm so he'll be happy to know that im 10 cm shorter, rip................

Carver's route, imo, was the most fun to play with? Mostly because of how happy I was with my strong start and the fact that he
JUST STRAIGHT UP GOT UP AND RAN AWAY WHENEVER I TRIED TOO WOO HIM LOL DUDE MADE THE BIGGEST COP OUTS THREE TIMES, I CRIED A LITTLE
It made me sad to see Radley being jelly when he saw Ginger on another dude's route because he was mostly supportive of her like bruh I'm so sorry, for what it's worth, you were the first butt I touched, I'm so sorry my guy. I was kinda surprised that he was more supportive when she went out with Carver than when she went out with Beeenjamin, tho.
I also loved the interactions between the love interests?
Especially the ones between Beeenjamin and Carver. Like, the Purest Tol Cinnamon Roll with the Smol Sinnamon Roll. Especially with how well Carver treated him, since he's usually so abrasive with others? Like letting him take the leftover bread at the end of his route and even giving him the job at all. I liked that it showed that he wasn't as bad as everyone thought he was (but that may just be b/c he ended up being my fave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) The height difference between them also felt so close to home since a lot of my friends are that tall in comparison to me... ahaha........
I did find some bugs, though... when I was going back and undoing my mistakes, the skip button started to not work? And the meter started to go down whenever I restarted a day (I dunno if that was intentional or not, tho) And at the end of a bad end when it would ask me if I wanted to go to the main menu or to restart the day, when I clicked main menu, it would just throw me in a loop whenever I chose it. Also, when I tried to get the other bad endings (the ones in the middle of the route, at least for Radley's route) the game just kept going even though I didn't score points with them. And I forgot which day it was in Carver's route, but it was in a conversation with Ginger and Beeenjamin where both of them kept on referring to the MC as Ginger (when I renamed her).

Overall, this was really fun to play and I enjoyed playing it! I hope to see more from you all in the future ^^

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by minyan »

audrenes wrote:I finiiiiiished it!! And as I said, I return with a review!
~
Overall, this was really fun to play and I enjoyed playing it! I hope to see more from you all in the future ^^
It's okay, my friend named her 'F***!' so... I have to say that's better xD
Yea no common route this time! Sorry you had so much trouble xD
Yes I'm so happy you liked the sprites e v e the writer of Benjamin's route didn't know I'd made that extra expression so the first time she play tested it she was like NO MIN HOW COULD YOU AHHHHH
xD Yes Carver is happy to hear that.
Yaaay Another one for Team Carver! >:D UNITE
Yea we were talking about that and I felt like
since Carver's known Ginger as long as he has, Radley was like: welp... gg... I tried... whereas Benjamin was the new guy in town and he was like OH COME ON
Yes, Benjamin and Carver were cute >w< I'm glad you got that impression of Carver because that was definitely what we were going for!

Thank you for the bugs and we'll try to get those fixed right away! Yea skip has been an issue with this because of how things are set up, so I apologize ; ; We really didn't want to just take the button out so the programmer tried really hard to fix it. I'll let him know what happened with you!

Yes I found that little error with the name mix up and got it taken care of! We're waiting to upload an update to see if anyone else finds any serious bugs/errors/typos... like you xD

Thanks so much for playing and I'm so happy you enjoyed it!
ImageImage

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#28 Post by JBShields »

Agh! I want to finish Carter's route but keep getting stuck on day 8. Not sure what I keep doing wrong. :-( They always fight.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by minyan »

JBShields wrote:Agh! I want to finish Carter's route but keep getting stuck on day 8. Not sure what I keep doing wrong. :-( They always fight.
There's a guide available for download as well. (: The issue is probably that you don't have enough points to continue. The bar at the top of the diary will give you a good estimate. Try redoing days and picking different options!
They'll always fight, so if you're stopping before getting to the end of it don't worry!
ImageImage

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#30 Post by MimirollCookie »

- Did you enjoy it overall?
Yes! the plot was sweet! <3
- What was your favorite part?
What part? :3
- What parts could be improved upon?
Uh.. None. :D
- Who was your favorite character?
-Beeeeeenjamin.
- Would you like to see more games from Gourmet Visual?
Yes please! :D
- Any other random comments!
The GUI and those CGs were nice. :D Keep it up! BTW, Benjamin's route made me cry. :cry:
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)