Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Larite

Re: Heartbaked ♥ [NaNo 2016][comedy][GxB romance] + Guide!

#31 Post by Larite »

I finished the story last night and it was soooo great! Really, it's one of the best otome that i ever played and i played an awfully lot of their. Awww, Heartbaked just is so touching, funny and cute, i cannot help myself :D

I tried Radley's route first, because I always liked childhood's friend trop, but i fell in love with Carver on the first sight (actually, when he told: "I CAME HERE TO COMPLAIN!", it was marvellous moment) :lol: And in the end he became my favorite. Though i still feel sorry for Radley.
Does he really love Ginger on default or it just for his route?
Very looking forward fo more games from you!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#32 Post by minyan »

MimirollCookie wrote:- Did you enjoy it overall?
Yes! the plot was sweet! <3
- What was your favorite part?
What part? :3
- What parts could be improved upon?
Uh.. None. :D
- Who was your favorite character?
-Beeeeeenjamin.
- Would you like to see more games from Gourmet Visual?
Yes please! :D
- Any other random comments!
The GUI and those CGs were nice. :D Keep it up! BTW, Benjamin's route made me cry. :cry:
Uh... any part xD We just wanted to know if there was some moment that was your favorite. c:

Sorry not sorry you cried but I'm glad you liked it xD
Larite wrote:I finished the story last night and it was soooo great! Really, it's one of the best otome that i ever played and i played an awfully lot of their. Awww, Heartbaked just is so touching, funny and cute, i cannot help myself :D

I tried Radley's route first, because I always liked childhood's friend trop, but i fell in love with Carver on the first sight (actually, when he told: "I CAME HERE TO COMPLAIN!", it was marvellous moment) :lol: And in the end he became my favorite. Though i still feel sorry for Radley.
Does he really love Ginger on default or it just for his route?
Very looking forward fo more games from you!
Oh my gosh don't insult the other otome games you've played! But really I'm so glad you liked it :D
Yessss Carver! -high five-
Yes, he loves her no matter what. Poor thing ; ;
ImageImage

Larite

#33 Post by Larite »

Oh my gosh don't insult the other otome games you've played! But really I'm so glad you liked it :D
Oh, I didn't mean it in that way! More like: there are some games, that have a special place in my heart and your game is a one of it :)
Awww, poor Radley, I feel so bad for him :(
But I forgot to say, that Ginger's pick-up lines were the best! :D

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#34 Post by Batensan »

I just finished the Carver route, and it was great! I loved his sass and overall angry and upset attitude.
I smirked when I saw how short Carver's portrait was compared to everyone else and I wanted to clap and cheer at
the really great and dramatic festival speech confession and fountain kissing scene with him, haha!
Just like Ginger, I can't believe that I fell for that tiny, angry magenta elf. Great job on this game!
Developer of Moon Observatory.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#35 Post by minyan »

Larite wrote:
Oh, I didn't mean it in that way! More like: there are some games, that have a special place in my heart and your game is a one of it :)
Awww, poor Radley, I feel so bad for him :(
But I forgot to say, that Ginger's pick-up lines were the best! :D
Thanks so much! Those pick up lines, I was rolling like Ginger what are you doing with your life xD
I know Radley just... I always felt bad testing his route then doing someone elses because like... bby ; ;
Batensan wrote:I just finished the Carver route, and it was great! I loved his sass and overall angry and upset attitude.
I smirked when I saw how short Carver's portrait was compared to everyone else and I wanted to clap and cheer at
the really great and dramatic festival speech confession and fountain kissing scene with him, haha!
Just like Ginger, I can't believe that I fell for that tiny, angry magenta elf. Great job on this game!
Team Carveeeerr! Yes, great, I need to start an angry pancake club. Glad you enjoyed! I downloaded Magical Otoge Ciel a bit ago but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I'll give you my thoughts once I do! I can already say I love the art.
ImageImage

Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

#36 Post by Batensan »

minyan wrote:Team Carveeeerr! Yes, great, I need to start an angry pancake club. Glad you enjoyed! I downloaded Magical Otoge Ciel a bit ago but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I'll give you my thoughts once I do! I can already say I love the art.
Oh, thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how you enjoy the magical games I've made! And for now I'll just be contemplating my affection for Carver and how I really looked forward to seeing him again in his route, ahaha! Team Carver 2k16 in which the signature pose is squatting down to his height.
Developer of Moon Observatory.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#37 Post by MimirollCookie »

minyan wrote:
MimirollCookie wrote:- Did you enjoy it overall?
Yes! the plot was sweet! <3
What part? :3
Uh.. None. :D
-Beeeeeenjamin.
Yes please! :D
The GUI and those CGs were nice. :D Keep it up! BTW, Benjamin's route made me cry. :cry:
Uh... any part xD We just wanted to know if there was some moment that was your favorite. c:

Sorry not sorry you cried but I'm glad you liked it xD
My favorite part was the part when
Ginger said "You want me to schrunitize ma clothes?" Don't mind the spelling hahah
Looking forward for more games from Gourmet Visual!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Sharane
Regular

#38 Post by Sharane »

Play time 5 - 6 hours?! And in elven village?! I'm downloading right now :)
I'm curious about Carver and I'm looking forward to such an amazing graphics!
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#39 Post by JBShields »

minyan wrote:
JBShields wrote:Agh! I want to finish Carter's route but keep getting stuck on day 8. Not sure what I keep doing wrong. :-( They always fight.
There's a guide available for download as well. (: The issue is probably that you don't have enough points to continue. The bar at the top of the diary will give you a good estimate. Try redoing days and picking different options!
They'll always fight, so if you're stopping before getting to the end of it don't worry!

THANKS! I'll play again!

Virelai
Regular

#40 Post by Virelai »

This is actually a different sort of comment. I haven't finished the novel yet, in reality I just got to the part where you meet Beeeenjamin. But first off, the characters are great--they're super creative! And also the artwork is cute so that's a huge bonus.

I will finish the novel, but I just want to address the start menu and just the menu panel in general.
Personally, I was a little confused/overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, the menu is super cute and I do like the design of it, but sometimes it glitched out for me in that the 'return' button would kind of move back and forth? I'm not sure if that's just me or...?

Sora-Kuroi
Regular

#41 Post by Sora-Kuroi »

I FREAKING LOVE CARVER SO MUCH!! OMG HE'S JUST SO ADORABLE AND TSUNDERE!! I really love how he and Ginger argue! It's really fun! It's been a while since I enjoyed an otome game this much! Thanks a lot!!! Count me in for Carver's team!! ♥♥♥
By the way, did Carver like Ginger since before? Because I got that feeling while playing the game but I might be wrong
Beeenjamin is so cute and innocent! I really enjoyed his route a lot!
I felt really bad that Ginger keep on kicking him out. The poor guy just wanted to try some pastries :( I felt even worse when he got back with his feet clean and still he was kicked out. It just broke my heart! However, in Carver's route it was really funny when he did not understand Carver and Ginger wanted to be alone xDDDDD
Radley's route is just...just RADS!! WHY?!
He was so kind and understanding!!! He knew she was using him and he didn't care!! He was ok with it!! and he still show up to cheer her up!!! HIS HOUSE HAS A PICTURE OF HE AND GINGER AND ONE OF GINGER ALONE!! HE JUST LOVER SO MUCH IT'S TRAGIC!!

iusername

#42 Post by iusername »

- Did you enjoy it overall?
yes! though i only saw best endings and not the bad endings.

Carver's ep9+ep10 ending
I really liked Carver's route. my most favorite route! it was most enjoyable. i ended up liking all the characters in his route
well i became fond of other characters like Radley and Benjamin at the end of the route, but not at the beginning.
i loved Carver and Ben's interaction and their possible friendship

i liked the notebook doodling where you click episode, but it would have been cuter if it changes every time i finish an episode
is Ginger also heroine's last name? even though i changed the name, sometimes others or herself say Ginger when calling the heroine
also, in Radley's route, i feel iffy watching Carver scene, they don't have to become friends, but at least heroine/Radley and Carver would learn to respect one another.
i didn't think much of both heroine and Carver talk of bring each other down since this is comedy game and they are rivals and they actually didn't sound that bad regarding their backgrounds, personalities, and circumstances.
BUT it felt so wrong when Radley called Carver's dessert as junk food, especially since i already finished Carver's route before. JUNK FOOD? if i think about how this game world works, that's a huge insult and i couldn't help feel iffy about Radley especially since Radley was kinda outsider of this rivalry. also he was the one to suggest to go and buy at Carver's. i wished Carver had forced them to leave his bakery just like heroine does it. heroine and Radley even mess up the dessert on purpose sometimes.
i did best ending for Rad, but there was no episode about green skirt he gave to heroine. it would be cute to have a story of it
Carver. His looks and personality were most attractive to me
i found him very amusing and cute. i guess it's because he's a character in the game and not real
but he definitely has some good qualities just like other characters have some bad qualities
to be honest, all the characters have bad and annoying sides, so i am not sure if Carver is actually that bad or not
he's narcissistic, but he does have talent for it. he does not have a social skill but sometimes i think his heart is kinder than both heroine and Radley
I love Carver in all three routes
besides i really like the name Carver. the name suits him perfectly

YES!

I like how you used oven and bakery stuff as phrases
i found it enjoyable seeing the heroine trying hard to flirt XD
i love the pick up lines XD they are very creative
i like that the fact that she had to face the consequence of trying to manipulate the guys.
Nothing is wrong with it, but i felt really bad when i found out that green skirt was given by Radley and what heroine thinks about Radley in general when i was on Ben route, especially since i already did Radley's route before T^T
hmmm Radley's route was my least favorite to be honest. I feel iffy about Carver junk food scene and Ben wet feet rejected scene

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#43 Post by SweetChiel »

Oooohhh, This looks fun and unique! OuO *download*
I'll review soon!

PuffBun
Regular
Deviantart: kasey-puff

#44 Post by PuffBun »

The story was interesting! The characters are quirky, unique, and lovable! :D
The art is super well done~! It added even more charm that some of the backgrounds had pictures, similar color schemes, and the characters felt like they belonged in there.
I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to your next otome :)

jeepers

#45 Post by jeepers »

I'm honestly just surprised at how guilty I feel about the whole game.

I mean, shiz, I loved the game so much, I love the characters and everything, but maybe playing Radley's route first was a horrible decision of mine, haha. (Warning to anyone else who just downloaded the game and haven't played it yet, DON'T play Rads' first. You're gonna have a bad time.)
No shiz, seriously. It's my biggest regret to this day, because right after playing through the other guys' routes, I just... hIS FEELINGS WEREN'T ONLY SHOWN IN THE END, THEY WERE ALWAYS THERE! (ಥ﹏ಥ) LIKE THAT mOmENT IN Carver's route, he just stiffened and there was a clear reaction from him, AND THEN HE GOES AND DELIVERS THE KILLING BLOW BY BEING THAT TRAGIC SHOUJO-GENRE SECOND L.I: "Ah, Ging. Nobody could hate you." FUGGING WHY? (╥﹏╥) and, AND DON'T EVEN FORGET HIS HOUSE! dammit... wHENEVER I ENETER HIS HOUSE, MY HEART JUST... grAH! Since I finished the other guys' routes, I'll have to replay Rads' just to wash out the sadness and guilt in me.

aNYWAY. Radley may be my favorite out of them all, but that doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about the other two. Liek, y, y u do dis?! THAT ONE DAY WHERE THEY FOUGHT, (Carver), I just... GRAH! But then Beeeenjamin comes in too, so then I'd still feel guilty especially when kicking him OUT.
Overall, great game. I quite like the design of the main menu and the beautiful cake which sports the names of our characters. It's very matching with it all, and I didn't experience any glitches myself, so, ja.