SPIRIT - THE WORLD'S SOURCE (WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TenothsWorld
Projects: Spirit - The Worlds Source
Organization: TenothsWorld
Tumblr: TenothsWorld
Deviantart: TenothsWorld

SPIRIT - THE WORLD'S SOURCE (WIP)

#1 Post by TenothsWorld »

Greetings!
I've finally started work on a visual novel! :D
SPIRIT ~ The World's Source ~
Summery: Upon a higher dimension from our own, there is a world beyond anything we would ever dream, a world known as Elementis.
This world lies upon various floating islands resonating which each direction and element and is home to 5 kingdoms. Each kingdom lives on elemental essence collected by the elemental federation, which is given through into the spirit world where the source lives as offerings which keep the world in peace and stability. One day however, the world becomes unstable and the kingdoms are starting to errode away. Thus begins a hero's journey to find out the cause of spirits corruption at the world's source.

Planned:
- Play as either male or female
- Start in one of 4 zones.
- 4 Playable races
- Various fantasy races.
- Decide the main characters name
- 10 Romanceables and 1 Secret Romanceable character.
- Fantasy, Comedy, Adventure themes
- Mutiple Endings
- Light and Dark paths
- CG Gallery
- Profiles
- A long game (Hopefully!, Time not estimated yet)
- Choices
- Able to romance all genders no matter what gender you play as.
- More things that I can't remember off the top of my head

I know this seems like a lot of a first visual novel, but I'm really dedicated to making this one happen and making it super flexible for anyone to enjoy. This is actually inspired by my old Ren'PY scripts and two game plans I had a few years back when I first started to using Ren'PY. I've merged the two ideas of crystal and jewel kingdoms with elementals (races, spirits, entities, etc.) and now added a third inspiration, in wicca and witchcraft certain elements, crystals and directions resonate together which allowed me to create an entire world based on this theme of directions and their elements.

I am unsure when this game is due to be finished as I recently started to work on creating it with programs and things (before I was planning and designing some things and getting an idea of the story I wanted to have) However below is the current development progress for those who are curious.

In terms of development it's still quite at the beginning, apart from story plan and characters.
- Menus being worked on (GUI, CG Gallery, Profiles etc.) - 25%
- Sprites - 0%
- Character design, bios, information, sketchs, names, personalities, etc. - 85%
- Scripting - 2%
- BGs - 0%
- CGs - 0%
- Story Plan - 95%

This is a one person job at the moment so it's a bit slow. I currently cannot afford to spend money to get help on this, so currently doing my best on my own, however if you would like to help and donate your time with sprites, bgs and/or cgs, i'd be so greatful! Of course I would credit you for all your hard work and link to all your websites or portfoilos, etc.

Of course I don't mind if no one can or would like to help, I'll still be creating the game as best as I can even if it stays being a one person job! :)

This is my first time posting about a game that I'm developing and am a little nervous, but I hope you all enjoyed what you read and are excited for the developments to come!

I shall be updating also on the blog I made for it!
http://spirit-theworldssource.blogspot.co.uk/
Attachments
V1 of the Logo/Menu.<br />To be redesigned or updated in the future.
V1 of the Logo/Menu.
To be redesigned or updated in the future.

ThatGirlAnastaysia
Tumblr: thatgirlanastaysia

Re: SPIRIT - THE WORLD'S SOURCE (WIP)

#2 Post by ThatGirlAnastaysia »

Hello!
I think you have a lot of great ideas, and this has a lot of potential!

If you wanted free help, I'd be happy to give it a shot, since I am wanting to learn how to make my own visual novels, etc. My skill level is very low though, and it would be more like you were working with a student assistant, so to speak. But if you're interested, please don't hesitate to pm me!

Good luck, and I look forward to your work!