Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#766 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm going to use this to practice ML's cg-style. Unfortunately, I don't have a wacko tablet :lol: but I'm gonna try it with a mouse anyway.
Attachments
zerolouise.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

#767 Post by magi »

I wish I could make something like that.. but... nope...
You could. Of course you could, if you are welling to put in the effort. Blender is Free after all. Even if you don't really want to work in it, its fun to play around with, at least. (If you get past the interface, that is, I admit it was a big hurdle).
Now I know another person to bother about Blender...ahem!No no, I kid!
I don't mind. >:3

ML: Thanks! Hey, that's cute. :o

lordcloudx: I think cell shading is very doable with mouse. If you can spare the effort to clean up the line art, its actually a joy to see it come to life as your work. Also its surprising how good a good lineart goes in good old Paint if you have a good lineart.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#768 Post by Samu-kun »

magi wrote:Rococo's Room.
A case study to learn texturing in Blender. Render in Yafray, it almost an hour. O.o;
Ooo.. Looks so awsome! ^_^ I'm trying to render all the backgrounds in my project in 3D as well... So this is a huge encouragement for me to improve! ^_^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#769 Post by lordcloudx »

magi wrote:lordcloudx: I think cell shading is very doable with mouse. If you can spare the effort to clean up the line art, its actually a joy to see it come to life as your work. Also its surprising how good a good lineart goes in good old Paint if you have a good lineart.
Actually, my manual inking is always messy so I usually just trace them digitally over a new layer in photoshop.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

M12
Veteran

#770 Post by M12 »

Wow lordcloudx, you did that with a mouse? That's pretty amazing =O. I agree with magi - cell shading can be done with the mouse. But overall, of course, getting a wacom would be excellent =).

Samu-kun, good luck with your 3D endeavours 8)!

By the way, I registered on lemmasoft years ago. But now, I would like to be referred to as M12 instead of ML =D.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#771 Post by monele »

M12 : Cute chibi Elpis :D

dreamer

#772 Post by dreamer »

M12: nope, It's manually inked with a 0.5 pen and some cheap colored pencils (the ones sold for little kids) right now. I still haven't begun the digital coloring and inking phase.

Ren

#773 Post by Ren »

lordcloudx wrote:I'm going to use this to practice ML's cg-style. Unfortunately, I don't have a wacko tablet :lol: but I'm gonna try it with a mouse anyway.
Cute^D^Love the style, I know I'm being obsessive here but I just wanted to remind you that Sai has the best vector tools when it comes with inking with a mouse(it also simulates pressure easily)
Oh, I think the pencil coloring suits the style but maybe instead of inking it with a black pen you could have used a dark nuance of brown(pencil).Nevertheless it's really pretty, I'm just a sucker for pencil drawings :P

M12
Veteran

#774 Post by M12 »

Thanks monele =).

Yeah lordcloudx/dreamer, there's something retro about colour-pencils, which is cool. I have no hope without my computer.

Mikan
Veteran

#775 Post by Mikan »

><; now four of the characters are done, and probably 7 or 8 more characters to go, depending on whether or not I keep one of the girls.. ha ha.
Attachments
wallpaperof4.jpg

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#776 Post by DaFool »

OMG Mikan that's jaw-dropping. Did you use real-life posture references? Even many professional anime drawings look like the characters are so lightweight they could fly. The girls here look so solid, you can almost touch them or feel the hurt when tripping over.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#777 Post by monele »

For some reason I happen to have a new wallpaper now..... :3

I second what DaFool said and add a bunch of gushing over your talent ^_^

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#778 Post by Deji »

wow, Mikan *_* that's lovely >o< I love your style, linework and coloring!

*crawls back to work*
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Ocircuit
Regular

#779 Post by Ocircuit »

woa mikan and deji you have amazing work, extremely professional looking and beautiful, I can't wait to play a game made by one of you. I hope someday my art work will reach a quality like that. For now my tablet is disconnected and so i haven't done much art work in a while. But here are some of my images that I was planning on using in an upcoming visual novel (which has since been placed on indefinate hold while I work on other smaller projects)

as you can see the date had been planned for july of 07....it didnt happen
http://www.portalgraphics.net/data/full ... ficial.jpg

http://www.portalgraphics.net/data/full ... _chile.jpg

http://www.portalgraphics.net/data/full ... ween06.jpg

http://www.portalgraphics.net/data/full ... o_sin2.jpg

http://www.portalgraphics.net/data/full ... Forest.jpg

Kaihaku
Regular

#780 Post by Kaihaku »

Ocircuit: The above links aren't working for me. It may be that my terrible connection is to blame but given that I'm replying to this...