Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] [GxB][Romance][Otome][Slice of Life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

Re: Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] [GxB][Romance][Otome][Slice of Li

#16 Post by gamerbum »

Spellforce1993 wrote:Maybe I can't get Layne's CG because I have an error in his route : Image 'e' not found, Image 'studiohall' not found and etc. :( I don't know what to do :(
There are only finished CGs for Walker's route. As the itch.io page says, most of the CGs are missing. There are some placeholder ones for Sieg and Layne's routes, but Miyuu probably ran out of time to program them in on her end. The CG artist had to stop temporarily due to a real life reason, and still hasn't had the situation resolved, so the rest of the CGs aren't yet finished. When they're done, they'll probably only be updated into the final release of the game (probably in May or June).

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#17 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

I'm finally getting down to checking out some of those games from the last NaNoRenO (got swamped with socks and other things).

I think I mentioned before that the character art and expressions are great. I really like the shading and the detail in the clothing.

How did you guys do that fleur de lis screen wipe (was it a sequence of images used as a mask? I'd have no idea how to do that in Ren'py!)? It's a cool effect, but as it is right now it feels a little jumpy. I might recommend adding a couple of frames to the end to make the last bit a little smoother, and wiping it into the next BG before fading the characters onto the screen (otherwise they pop in). (... I'm an animator, couldn't help pointing that out :) )
ImageImageImageImage

Attlebridge
Tumblr: omglaila
Deviantart: cospigeon

#18 Post by Attlebridge »

LeonDaydreamer wrote: How did you guys do that fleur de lis screen wipe (was it a sequence of images used as a mask? I'd have no idea how to do that in Ren'py!)? It's a cool effect, but as it is right now it feels a little jumpy. I might recommend adding a couple of frames to the end to make the last bit a little smoother, and wiping it into the next BG before fading the characters onto the screen (otherwise they pop in). (... I'm an animator, couldn't help pointing that out :) )
I made greyscale images with the pattern on it, and then I think it was the dissolve effect for the transition. Very low tech, lol.

space7case

#19 Post by space7case »

Is there a walkthrough?