★ RockRobin - Open Beta

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

Re: ★ RockRobin - Open Beta

#106 Post by PeroxidePrince »

Been playing through Open Mode, and I'm really enjoying it!
The Blue Rose is my favourite character so far, I think.
It was surprising seeing her alter-ego and how different she was. It was great to watch her friendship with Robin develop, as well as getting to see more of her character under the mask. (I couldn't resist making a terrible pun, sorry...)
Also wanted to add that I really appreciate the diversity and representation in the Open Mode characters. I particularly enjoyed Collin talking about his acting -- the bit where he talks about racism in the industry got so real... Thanks for saying it haha.

Bugs:
- I started a new band, and before I'd recorded/released anything, the Public Opinion screen showed the band on the top of the charts already. This happened when I used a name that was randomly generated (Nomad).
- The music in Sebastian's Karaoke event keeps playing even after the scene is over and you return to the planner. This also happens for the event where you first go to The Blue Rose's flat.
- When Sunny first introduces herself, her name switches from "???" to "Blue Rose" instead of "Sunny".
- I had Collin and Joel in my band, and their contract shown on hiring was payment upfront, but the monthly report has their contracts listed under expenses every month? Their contracts don't actually factor into the "Total Expenses" section, though, and they aren't subtracted from the income.
- At the scene where you can choose to go on Collin's romance route, I chose not to, and I lost the option to hang out with him on weekends. Even after a year went by in game, and his relationship bar being maxed out, I didn't see any of his events and couldn't hang out with him again. I went on the romance route in another save file and everything worked out fine. Do you have to romance a romanceable character to see their story, or was this a bug?
Typos:
- Emmitt | Video Games: "But Emmit didn't bother taking them with him." - Emmitt
- Emmitt | Talk: "To pretend to be his girfriend?" - girlfriend
- Emmitt | Ultimate Frisbee: "Becareful with your bets next time!" - Be careful
- Emmitt | Amusement Park: "It worked and his smile dissappeared." - disappeared
- Wizz | Introduction: "Didn't realize that I was taking to a lad." - talking
- Owen | Ghosts: "...he was going into he bathroom." - the
- The Blue Rose | Talk (Your Costume): "I'd see you and Owen joking and laughing..." - seen
- The Blue Rose | Grocery Story Event: "Rose certainly wasn't acting herself..." - acting like
- Emma: "I turned to the rest of the band, who where quiet." - were
- Emma: "My parents bragged about it to everyone as if they had one the prize." - won
- Emma | Event with parents at rehearsal: "...we have become one the chart-toppers that I admired..." - one of the
- Emma | Event with parents at rehearsal: "Emma took at step towards her mother." - a step
- Collin | Second Meeting: "But quiting and leaving was not an option." - quitting
- Collin | Hiring: "Pratically on her knees!" - practically
- Collin | Penny I: "She was a celebrtiy." - celebrity
- Collin | Event before a gig: "I beat my first against the wall." - fist
- Collin: "I'll be honest with you, since were are peers." - we
- Sebastian | Long Lost Brother (Established History with Emmitt): "Hey, can I ask you opinion on something?" - your
- Sebastian | Karaoke (With Rose in the band): "Rose snagged by wrist and yanked me toward the stage." - my
- Sebastian | Sick: "...I'd severly overestimated how much he could walk..." - severely
- Sebastian: "I was afraid to breath or else I might break something expensive." - breathe

SimpliDelirious

#107 Post by SimpliDelirious »

Just gonna drop this off here~ Really just wanted to do the Questionnaire, sorry if it seemed a little harsh. I do love this game a lot :D

Edits:
Just realized there is going to be continued romances for the boys. Forget all that stuff I said omg I'm super excited now xD
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#108 Post by Aleema »

Why is everyone downloading everyone else's questionnaire. xD
SimpliDelirious wrote:
Just gonna drop this off here~ Really just wanted to do the Questionnaire, sorry if it seemed a little harsh. I do love this game a lot :D

Edits:
Just realized there is going to be continued romances for the boys. Forget all that stuff I said omg I'm super excited now xD
You weren't harsh at all. <3 I'm really sorry about how you felt about Emmitt's ending. Continuation or not, you shouldn't feel that way.
PeroxidePrince wrote:Been playing through Open Mode, and I'm really enjoying it!
The Blue Rose is my favourite character so far, I think.
It was surprising seeing her alter-ego and how different she was. It was great to watch her friendship with Robin develop, as well as getting to see more of her character under the mask. (I couldn't resist making a terrible pun, sorry...)
Also wanted to add that I really appreciate the diversity and representation in the Open Mode characters. I particularly enjoyed Collin talking about his acting -- the bit where he talks about racism in the industry got so real... Thanks for saying it haha.
I'm sure Serenity Frost (her writer) will be very happy to hear that! I remember Sen's entry in our little character contest. The title was "Rock Robin Lady Guitarist Entry" and the very next line inside was "Rock and Roll is my superpower." :mrgreen:

I could have done even more in terms of diversity. I was so far into the game before I realized, hey, this game isn't taking place in Japan (like most VNs were doing at the time.) It was taking place in America and America is incredibly diverse. There is really no excuse.

I'll look into your bugs!
Blackrose123 wrote:Thank you. I have a full relationship bar, have seen "rivalry renewed", I have finished Sebastian's Finale, I'm in a band with him, and I hang out with him every weekend. Apparently I just have really bad luck. lol
Did you ever trigger the scene?
NeryNight wrote:Some memorabilia are still not showing.
Some scenes you may not actually see. Not sure if your missing scenes are those scenes, though.
lashton wrote:I also noticed some weird stuff when I screenshotted and the graphics looked like the image attached, however, in game it looks perfectly normal. (This may be my graphics going off on one again though for some reason, but have attached just in case. :P )
I had this issues myself, too. It had something to do with my graphic card/drivers. :|

Thanks for all the bugs, everyone! :shock:

SimpliDelirious

#109 Post by SimpliDelirious »

Oh it's alright xDD This game is still super cute and perfect and I seriously love it. The open mode characters are fabulous and Collin is just-- Amazing omg
It's not your fault I get too attached to the characters xDD Keep up the good work~

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#110 Post by Charlie599 »

Adore this game so far~ ^-^ Looking forward to more updates.

Tidbits:
--It's unclear what triggers a Classic to be born.
--It's possible to have a band in open mode without a singer, or made up of the same instruments - is that intentional? XD
--I cannot increase the relationship levels of some of my band members in open mode. Emma/Blue Rose/Wizz/Jammy/Joel/Collin are all good; but Seth (noooooooo)/Faust/Bruno/Marcus/Alessandro relationship bars do not raise. I have yet to try out Owen/Natasha/Claudette. Guessing that's because those routes are not yet finished/implemented?

Errors:
--After gigs, the section that had a chance to increase/decrease your performance/popularity/paycheck etc does not do anything that actually increases or decreases any of those things.
--Occasionally you cannot select songs from your song list to record/for gigs (I know I have more on the "next page", but it appears blank until I write a few more songs - then the page list appears again)
--Trying to fire some band members in open mode crashes the game even if you try to ignore it (Jammy).
--At one point the post "Wasteful Spending?" was spammed 4 times in the Public Opinion section. No idea what caused it, sorry. >.>
--Sometimes, some of the options to increase popularity for releasing a single gave me money. Not complaining but I don't think that was intentional XD
--Some objectives I had already completed I had to re-do to complete, such as buying instruments. It decreased my music/star quality even after I re-bought them.
--I was able to unlock certain scenes/hang outs/events that conflicted with the set sequence of how the story should've flowed -
e.g. (1) During Dallas's route I got the guitar from Sterling(bastard) before the AMP awards where he tells Robin he still has the guitar. He also should've
been in rehab?
(2) During Beau's route I accidentally Hung Out with him after that big fight between him and Robin, and unlocked a Date scene. I got a Talk option too. Afterwards, she went back to her "No way am I gonna beg him to hang out with me" shpeel.
--The game did Not like me giving Marcus a handheld.
--During Sebastian's Route (open mode), with Marcus in the band, the paragraph that starts with "When Marcus thought it would make for a brilliant show" jumps off the gui ("the other set two empty seats on fire" is not in the blue bar)
Typo's:
"I shouldn't have just bottled everything up and /ruin/ the whole thing right at the end." -ruined
"He said nothing /has/ he jumped in place, shaking his arms." -as
"The more exaggerated my stories became about how awful a lover he was, /he/ more lewd his actions became." -the
"Your fangirls /attack/ her?" -attacked
"I couldn't hear about that thing without my arms firmly crossed and /my focused determined/ to find something on the wall that wasn't there." -I focused, determined -my focused determination
"I didn't have anything else I /could to/ leave behind." -else I could leave behind -else to leave behind
"So they /must've have/ been so spectacular." -they must've been -they must have been
"What I do any other /time else is/ my business." -any other time is
"The way he looked at me when I /misbehave/." -misbehaved
"It wasn't unusual for him to disappear once in a while, but /usually called/ me back." - unusually he called
"And he did tell Owen!?" -and he told Owen (???)
"I was afraid to /breath/ or else I might break something expensive." -breathe
"Do I have one? I'm sorry. I'll try not." -I'll try not to. -I'll try.
"did not approve of where my conversations with the homeless girl /was going/." -were going
"when I /heard/ a song that I really like, I bother the music store close by until I /could/ learn everything" -hear; until I learn
"bragged about it to everyone as if they had /one/ the prize" -won
"Because I just got the PM2 and /the game just an hour ago/" -the game an hour ago
"In fact it had a really nice /old fashion/ appeal to it." -old-fashioned
"Maybe /if just/ didn't say anything, Ginger wouldn't" -Maybe if I just
"thought that it was only a phase that I was going /for/" -through
"together we have become /one the/ chart-toppers that I admired" -one of the
"And I'm /sorry behalf/ of your mother" -on behalf
"and I haven't been able to get her a hold of her cellphone" -been able to get a hold of her on her cellphone (???)
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(4.21 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

chewy626

#111 Post by chewy626 »

Questionnaire.txt
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Just finished the Questionnaire and I've completed Beau and Emmitt's route and I all have left is Dallas ,but I don't feel like raising stats so can you pm me the premium code.

Denizen
Tumblr: sshakemedownn
Deviantart: kingturret1

#112 Post by Denizen »

I'm sure this isn't a bug, because people have passed story mode, but
for the life of me I can't get any other songs to record other than "War," I keep losing the game at the "record 5 songs" because I only ever have one. I've seen the cutscene where beau writes a song, and the one where Dallas is strumming chords to a song he wrote, but I haven't gained any songs to record throughout the game, Help? I've tried focusing on songwriting in one playthrough but still get nothing ;A;

NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

#113 Post by NeryNight »

Denizen wrote:I'm sure this isn't a bug, because people have passed story mode, but
for the life of me I can't get any other songs to record other than "War," I keep losing the game at the "record 5 songs" because I only ever have one. I've seen the cutscene where beau writes a song, and the one where Dallas is strumming chords to a song he wrote, but I haven't gained any songs to record throughout the game, Help? I've tried focusing on songwriting in one playthrough but still get nothing ;A;
You have to train your members in "writing" in order to have them write a song. The is a thin blue line under the writing stats bar that tells you how close the member is to finishing a song.

pieage

#114 Post by pieage »

I have been waiting for this to come out for what feels like forever :lol: I even donated because i wanted to help

I found a bug where at the start of the next month, when you get your report if you click to view during a gig the screen splits. I took the screen shot in open mode but i got in in story mode as well.

Also
i got sterling's ending however some of his scenes in memorabilia are still locked even tho i have seen them. I had a love hate thing going on with him, i found his ending oddly sweet as Robin decided to help him.
I also filled the questionnaire :)
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Ziam

#115 Post by Ziam »

I'm on Emmitt's route right now and I found something a little weird. Not sure if spoiler is necessary, since I added the screenshots, but...
Somewhere around the end of February, along with the objective "earn 1000000$ in CD sales" there was an objective telling me to buy a new drum set for Emmitt (Cantor 5-piece DMX). But I had already bought it before and it wasn't recognized. I tried buying the most expensive set, but it didn't work. Surprisingly, when I chose the "pawn" option, it recognized it as buying the drums and I completed the objective.
Loving this game so far! I've been checking its status for years and it made me so amazingly happy that I can finally play it. After I'll play some more I'll fill my questionnaire (after I'll finish Emmitt's route at least. I'm a little reluctant to play the other two routes because very unexpectedly he became my favourite and I love him sooo much!)
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (63.84 KiB) Viewed 2351 times

BlackLightsPrincess

#116 Post by BlackLightsPrincess »

Thank you for releasing such an awesome game, I'm very excited to explore Emmit's route next and dabble in open ended mode. Keep up the great work.

also, could I pretty please have a premium code to play with? Will definitely replay with the questionnaire in mind this
time.
Attachments
Questionnaire.txt
(4.73 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#117 Post by Aleema »

SimpliDelirious wrote:
The open mode characters are fabulous and Collin is just-- Amazing omg
First time someone has said they liked him besides me. :mrgreen:
Charlie599 wrote:--It's unclear what triggers a Classic to be born.
--It's possible to have a band in open mode without a singer, or made up of the same instruments - is that intentional? XD
Classics are born once per venue, so they're limited to 7.

Who are you or I to say what constitutes a "band"? 4 keyboardists? Electronica band, cool! No singer? People show up to concerts for a guy with a laptop. It's cool. Be creative. That's what music is all about!

But you can always toggle a microphone in front of anybody in your band, so someone doesn't need to focus on just vocals to sing.

I'm going to look into your bugs, everyone! Thanks! Some of those are totally new to me. Some are just "ugh, that again??"

Since I'm supposed to release Natasha and Alessandro tonight, not sure if I'll have everything fixed in time.

Also, please forgive my late responses. Working full time + preparing new content + fixing old content + replying to everyone here and other places is very, very time consuming. :(

Denizen
Tumblr: sshakemedownn
Deviantart: kingturret1

#118 Post by Denizen »

Little bug! I bought all the shopping add-ons and one doesn't show up for Beau :) (The love/like/?)
I got a screenshot Here

So far its the Winter coat and the Oldies Comp

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#119 Post by Aleema »

Denizen wrote:Little bug! I bought all the shopping add-ons and one doesn't show up for Beau :) (The love/like/?)
I got a screenshot Here

So far its the Winter coat and the Oldies Comp
Haha, actually, that means they'll take the item but they don't particularly care for it. I didn't know how to include "nothing" in the legend. Looking back, I should have made "..." or something for "ok" items.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#120 Post by Aleema »

0.70 is uploaded!

YOU WILL NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE GAME.

Image Image

- Added Natasha
- Added Alessandro
- Robin's hair now grows over 3 years in Open Mode (thanks Alphonse!)
- Robin has a new dress for the AMP Party (thanks again Alphonse!!)
- Robin's hair changes now reflect in her band portrait
- Fixed commercials giving you money
- Fixed firing errors
- Fixed Rose's "Open-Endd Mode" typo (would require deleting persistent to see the change)
- Fixed Dallas' car ride choice again to make it less overt
- Fixed Marcus' gift crash
- Fixed Album screen displaying wrong title
- Fixed wrong monthly contracts showing on monthly report
- You can now do Collin's friendship path
- Finally fixed that chibi sprite bug for Robin
- The cheat to restock the mall should work now
- Added a cheat that shows everything in Memorabilia (unreleased, will give it out on request)
- Forum topics about fired band members now say "DELETED" (previously, it was breaking the game)
- Rebranding your band after leaving Launch Distribution is fixed
- Hopefully? Maybe? Fixed the Memorabilia bug?
- Fixed Sunny's name showing incorrectly
- Beau and Dallas' ending name were swapped
- Singles now are called both their A and B side to prevent albums with the same name
- Beau no longer asks you to buy an instrument you already have
- Altered the way some of Beau's scenes triggered

Alphonse drew me a thing! Robin's hair now grows in Open Mode! :D She also drew a new dress for her that shows up in the AMP Nominee party.

I've shut off the old version of the game from updating so you all will need to re-download the game. It shouldn't erase your progress and your save folder can be easily transferred.