Any Organizations/Companies?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

Any Organizations/Companies?

#1 Post by crystalscm »

Right now, I'm a freelance creator (who forms teams, and we collaborate. However, right afterward, we end up breaking up after the game has been released.) I have actually been looking for a different variety of companies/organizations to join, so then I can have a good permanent group to collaborate with.

I have seen a few organization and played a few of the games that such groups have made. I admire the style and variety. So far, I've seen the following permanent groups/organizations:
:arrow: Apple Cider (DejiNyucu & KittyKatStar)
:arrow: DICE (riiko08)
:arrow: Pastelle Studios (MimirollCookie)

I've been fairly interested in joining the three companies above, but I don't know if they are willing to hire any more people though... I really like different aspects of each company/group.

I actually barely see any of these around... those are the only three I really found. The rest are just form a team and then they just go back to doing their own thing after the game was released.

I'm looking for companies/groups that I can join, for mostly visual novels and dating simulations. If anybody has open slots, feel free to PM me, I guess.

crystalscm

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

Re: Any Organizations/Companies?

#2 Post by FonaCall »

I think there are permanent groups other than those three, man. I'm pretty sure Soyasushi Productions and Memento Mori Productions are still around somewhere. There's also Unwonted Studios and the Phantom Umbrellas... (lol I'm going from the top of my head here and I'm not going into the adult genre yet) There are also some other yet-unnamed groups that are pretty much intending to stick together for more than one project anyway.

Also, what would you be doing in the team, exactly? Just so we'd all know which groups to look out for and suggest.

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Don't forget Cyanide Tea - Auro-Cyanide and Camille's joint-venture. Largest project so far: Break Chance Memento.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#4 Post by trooper6 »

My sense is that many of these "companies" are two or three people who met up doing a NaNoReNo, or in some other way on these boards, worked together, really enjoyed it...and then just kept working together. I also don't get the sense that most of these groups of people "hire" others.

I think if you want to be part of a permanent organization...well, I think you advertise for someone in the recruitment threads--or answer someone else's advertisement, or get to know the various people here and approach an unattached person..and then you all make a VN together. If it goes well, you make another one...then another.

Cyanide Tea are a great team...but they also work with in other configurations here and then.

Auro-Cyanide + Camille/Lore = Cyanide Tea
Camille/Lore + Akane + Rins = Lettuce Waltz
Auro-Cyanide + Camille/Lore + Rins + Noemi = Asphodel Quartet
Auro-Cyanide + Mink = Cyanide Orphans
Mink = Metal Orphans

People work together and they keep doing it or reconfigure.

So...I'd recommend forming group for a project and see if that group sticks.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

#5 Post by FonaCall »

Taleweaver wrote:Don't forget Cyanide Tea - Auro-Cyanide and Camille's joint-venture. Largest project so far: Break Chance Memento.
lolz I forgot about this. I'm sorry!

I second trooper6's suggestion (I don't even know why I didn't get to say it the first time around). Why don't you just make your own group, either by going to the recruitment threads to recruit or just befriending someone and working on something together that's potentially long-term? Or why don't you go to said recruitment threads and look at the ones that say something like "team in need of <insert whatever position here>", anyway?

Speaking of... If I remember correctly, Pastelle Studios is closed to new members as of now. (EDIT: They've re-opened recruitment for one of their projects, Best Friends Deux) They do have a recruitment thread. I'm sorta wondering now how you haven't really seen that given that you've mentioned the group... Dunno about the others.

In any case, just go out and meet people. Who knows, you might get to be in an awesome VN group, and we might just make reviews of your work, among other things.

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#6 Post by firecat »

your best bet might be Pastelle Studios, while everyone else is a mystery and we really don't know if they are recruiting without connecting them.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

KairuKyun
Veteran
Completed: No One But You, Catch Canvas, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Warped Reality
Projects: Warped Reality
Organization: Unwonted Studios
IRC Nick: Kairu_kyun
Tumblr: karamuchan

#7 Post by KairuKyun »

Yo :p
Kyle Tyner
Creator of Unwonted Studios
ktyner@unwontedstudios.co
Visit Our Website
Projects: No One But You, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Catch Canvas, Warped Reality

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#8 Post by Barzini »

Ahem
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

#9 Post by KittyWills »

From what I've seen, most of the people on this site are a single person headlining a project and will look for people depending on the project. Of course you are going to start keeping regulars on board after a while. I have a writer who does 90% percent of our projects because I know her personally and I trust her work. Same with my main artist. But I've gone through 4 different music composers and am still looking for a in-house one for our team.

And it depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a team that will produce the games you want to make? Or are you a artist or composer?