I'm so excited to say that I've completed the demo for Tears of Glass - my very first visual novel!
Tears of Glass is a free romance, GxB game with supernatural elements, but I'm sad to say that no supernatural things will occur in this demo. This is because the supernatural parts of this game is introduced later on. However, the demo will introduce all main characters with their different personalities and traits, as well as all 3 love interests. The reason I'm publishing this demo is because I want people to get a feel of how the game will look and how it's played. I'd love to hear what you think of it and if there's anything you think I should change.
Update: This game is rated 13+ because of suggestive and mature themes, foul language and crude humor. I also wanted to say that I'm aware of how ugly most of the main menu and it's screens look. The Preferences and Save/Load screens haven't even been touched as you can see, and the Gallery is just laughable. This will be fixed for the final release. I also found a typo in Naozumi's route when he and Mayumi are eating lunch outside and he says "parent" instead of "parents". This is fixed, but I won't re-upload the demo because of a small typo.
The story takes place in today's Japan. You'll be playing as Mayumi Akiyama, an 18 year old student who's just moved out from her parent's mansion into a small apartment in another town. She comes from a rich family where she was the only child - therefore she's been pampered and showered with gifts ever since she was little. However, Mayumi has never liked to be seen as "the rich and spoiled girl" and decided a few years ago she wanted to earn her own money, instead of living off of her parent's. She got a job at a local fast food joint and saved all her money until she was able to afford the small apartment. Her parent's are not very happy with her choice, but they accept it as long as she promises to call them every day (a promise Mayumi didn't expect them to take so seriously).
On the first day of school Mayumi meets three young men who will change her life forever - though she doesn't know it yet. She soon realizes something is different about these men. They give each other strange glances and seem to have a mutual secret between them - a secret Mayumi is not allowed to know. As time goes on Mayumi also realize how hard adulthood is, and she may even be falling for someone. But is it safe to chase this love?
(Click to expand)
A list of what's featured in the demo:
- About 30 min of playing time per route.
- 3 different routes with multiple choices.
- 4 CG's and a gallery.
- 5 character sprites with varying expressions and outfits (for Ayato's sprites there's also a second pose).
- Music and sound effects .
- Some GUI (dialogue- and name box, pointer, in-game menus, etc.)
A list of what is not featured in the demo, but will be included in the finished game:
- A complete main menu.
- Sprites for secondary characters.
- Paintings I've made myself.
- Different outfits and poses for Naozumi and Hiroki.
- Memory room, character profiles and re-playable scenes (unlocked after completing an ending).
- "Special scenes" that will unlock if you have done everything perfectly up to that point.
- Different endings.
- And much more!
(If it's not too much to ask, I'd like it if you could answer these questions after playing the demo. It's completely optional and I won't curse you if you don't. ^^)
- Did you play all character routes (Ayato, Naozumi and Hiroki)? If you did, which route did you like best?
- Which of the characters personality did you like best?
- Which of the characters looks did you like best?
- Which character are you the most interested in?
- What did you think of the music and sound effects?
- What did you think of the CG?
- What did you think of the (existing) GUI?
- Was it something that bothered you about the game?
- Did you experience any bugs or crashes?
- Did you find any typos or spelling mistakes?
- If you could change anything about the game, what would it be?
- Do you think you'll play the finished game once it's released?
- EXTRA: Are you interested in a kinetic novel where you'll play as one of the love interests from this VN and the story is told from their perspective? You'll get to choose which one you want to play as and the whole story will be told again from their perspective in a new game release.
And I want HONEST critique! No sugarcoating, no lies to make me feel better. I want the game to be as good as possible so be as blatantly honest as you need to.
To check out the progress of the game so far, as well as descriptions of the characters, go visit my WIP page --> viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37523