Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7471 Post by MaiMai »

@Auro

I like the almost watercolor like quality you have with the CGing you've got going on in there. I think Art Noveau/Watercolor is a classic combo you can't go wrong with.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#7472 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Mai Thank you! It's definitely interesting trying to mimic watercolour digitally, but also a lot of fun! And I think so too, I haven't done an Art Nouveau GUI before so it should be pretty cool to do.

Here is another concept, this time for the main character, the Queen. I'm getting a bit of a weird blast from the past from these, I used to draw this type of thing a long, long time ago.

Harick
Veteran

#7473 Post by Harick »

I've been posting here quite a bit, might be better to just make a personal art thread, but whatever.
Tried to draw someone standing in a different position than just facing forward or a 3/4 angle, but it came out a little odd. He's also a vampire I guess.

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#7474 Post by MoonByte »

Had a nude drawing session at university on Friday with the topic "exploration of visualisation" (in short: take the models body and warp it to emphasis a emotion or make something entirely different out of it)
Had a lot of fun with that :D
(For full view, click on the image)

descats
Deviantart: descats

#7475 Post by descats »

There's so many good drawings here, ugh. I couldn't help it but go in a Deviantart and Tumblr following spree, haha.

Leaving some stuff here.

camisteja
Regular

#7476 Post by camisteja »

Here is a vent piece I did. Came out a little bit over the top, though. Lol Not a huge fan of the face, either...

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: Blackberry Honey, Mermaid of Zennor, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicles of Mars, etc.
Deviantart: Renmiou

#7477 Post by Renmiou »

camisteja wrote:Here is a vent piece I did. Came out a little bit over the top, though. Lol Not a huge fan of the face, either...
I actually quite like it, it looks suitable for a book cover, in that format.

I think the only thing that detracts a bit from the face is actually the ear: it looks a bit puffed up and is slightly in the wrong position. Remember that the ear is in the area delimited at the top by the brow line and at the bottom by the bottom of the nose, whereas your is a bit high and a bit forward. Other than that, the style is actually really nice and clean!

camisteja
Regular

#7478 Post by camisteja »

Renmiou wrote:
camisteja wrote:Here is a vent piece I did. Came out a little bit over the top, though. Lol Not a huge fan of the face, either...
I actually quite like it, it looks suitable for a book cover, in that format.

I think the only thing that detracts a bit from the face is actually the ear: it looks a bit puffed up and is slightly in the wrong position. Remember that the ear is in the area delimited at the top by the brow line and at the bottom by the bottom of the nose, whereas your is a bit high and a bit forward. Other than that, the style is actually really nice and clean!
Wow, thank you very much! I really appreciate the criticism. <3 I'll be sure to pay more attention to the ears then.

Cakey
Regular
Deviantart: Ilsaaaaa

#7479 Post by Cakey »

aRLegOdDesS wrote:Image

First digital art for the year~.
Wow, style looks similar to manhwa. I love how you used colors and motion.

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#7480 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Erm,I'm little nervous... but here:

Beni and her future wolf Lycas*coughhusbandocough* from my little solo project that I started a little while ago.
Attachments
Just click the picture to see bigger version
Just click the picture to see bigger version

Game dev blog:Tumblr

SexBomb
Regular
Completed: Up All Night, Reaper's Rite, Nameless
Projects: Up All Night 2
Organization: Fiendish Fiction
Tumblr: sexviolenceandvideogames
Deviantart: cooldrinkofwater
itch: fiendishfiction

#7481 Post by SexBomb »

Born to be Wilde~
Back at home with my coloured pencils and copics. This was my first time utilizing both in an illustration, and was really just a small test before I get crackin' on a much larger piece for which I was hoping to use the same technique. However, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the results... further testing may be required.

Lodratio
Regular
Projects: S P H I N X

#7482 Post by Lodratio »

@aurora: That's some nice use of gradients and subtle value changes, and the textures really bring it together.

Thanks for the feedback you all. I'm trying to take it to heart! Environments have been something I've been struggling with for the longest time, and it's easy to get used to problems when you repeat them too often, so these kinds of reminders are very important.
In celebration of ani-may, here's some anime. Combining traditional and digital actually works surprisingly well, if you use overlay, lighten and multiply layers.
99.png
100.jpeg

Ark
Regular
Projects: Project Worn Soles

#7483 Post by Ark »

@Lodratio

Really liked how you combined the traditional and digital aspects - gives it a nice watercolor tone! It's a style that I'm particularly interested in, since I hope to utilize it sometime in the future. In terms of modifying the layers, is it lighting and defining your pencil sketches and then applying different colors as overlays?

I can see it being especially useful, since going though and post editing an actual watercolor seems like it would be time consuming and very difficult.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#7484 Post by Sayumi101 »

Still confused with colouring as ever.
I have a horrible habit of blending things too much. So a few blend-heavy tutorials later...Here I am.... ._.
Pointers would be much appreciated, thank you.
mira.png
ImageImageImage

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#7485 Post by Aviala »

Sayumi101 wrote: Pointers would be much appreciated, thank you.
Looking good! She looks super cute! I have a few pointers though, since you asked:
- Choice of colour: a slightly more yellow tone for the face might work better with the hair. Alternatively slightly changing the hair colour could work. Now it's all very red-ish. The colour of the shirt and the bow doesn't really go together with the vibrant colour of the hair. This is probably just me, but I always get a moldy feel when that kind of muted green and blue are placed together next to more saturated colours.
-Contrast: It'll look better if your light areas are light and dark areas are really dark. Stronger and more defined shadows under the chin and maybe under the bangs. Choose a purple-ish tone for the shadows.
-Light: Where is your lightsource? I can't really tell. The hair, for example, would look better if surfaces where the light hits directly (so probably the outer curves of the hair) had highlights and the inner curves had shadows. The hair already looks nice and vibrant but you need to think more logically about where to place your highlights and shadows. Here, again, more contrast would look nice - especially the highlights of the hair could be much lighter.

I'm not sure if you did the lineart yourself but if you did, awesome job!