Looking for partners to create an otome game

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Olivialaura

Looking for partners to create an otome game

#1 Post by Olivialaura »

Hello there,
I'm Fleur and I'm posting this because I've wanted to create a game for a year now, and tried time after time to create an entire game by myself but after some time I realized that it's impossible for me as a newbie artist/plot writer to create a game on my own. That's why I made an account on this forum, to find people who want to create an amazing otome game just like me. I'm looking for people who want to have fun creating a game and who are willing to start a project with me and each other from scratch and of course I want us to help each other out. I'd like the people to be motivated and active so we can start with creating the game as soon as we have a team.
The roles (Background/character design, plot writer, programmer etc) can be discussed later, for now I just want to find people who have the dream to create an awesome otome game or have already created one once and are looking for a new project.

My main idea for the plot is:
The story takes place in the middle ages. The protagonist will try to fulfill her lifelong dream of becoming a detective, and while doing so she meets a bunch of guys who are connected to a case she's interested in. The case is about a group of rebels who are attacking and robbing people to oppose the government. Before she realizes it she gets pulled into the crazy world of the rebels because of the mysterious boys she met.

You can contact me on this forum, or send an email to olivialaura17@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you soon if you want to join!!

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

Re: Looking for partners to create an otome game

#2 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Hee..the idea sounds quite interesting,if possible I want to know is the heroine strong, Badass and intelligent? and how old is she and those boys?
Cuz If you want I could help... though for other game I'll be only artist(since my programming still and other skill for game making are quite bad...)and you're also artist,so I don't know if you need other artist...> >

But,if you're interested then I'll need little more details,than this.

Game dev blog:Tumblr

TalrixTrinity
Regular
Projects: Asathera Chronicles, Name Pending
Organization: TalrixTrinity
Soundcloud: mateus-sephiroth

#3 Post by TalrixTrinity »

I would love to do this. My big problem with most Otomes is that the females aren't very strong and always need protection and other things. I know some people are into that, but we need female characters that are badass. I'm a writer and I'm trying to learn how to draw but I'm open to do anything that I can :)
If you don't struggle you don't improve.

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

#4 Post by Benesumi »

The character artist role sounds interesting although I wonder on how much progress you've made already, how big the workload is, how long you plan the game to be, etc. ^-^