Nusantara [GxB] NEW REN'PY VERSION! (Windows,Linux,Mac)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

Nusantara [GxB] NEW REN'PY VERSION! (Windows,Linux,Mac)

#1 Post by SweetChiel »

The Ren'Py version is finally here! Gods, I'm so excited! x'D
Also, Thank you for the 10k downloads! Here's the last bonus picture I promised <3 From here on, I'll focus on a new long-term project ;) see you again!
Genre: Otome Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, Comedy
WARNINGS: swearing, blood, death, and a little psychological
Synopsis:

Long ago, when the world was still young and humans have just learned how to write,
Legends of mythical beings traveled over the continents.

Mysteries about the existence of Dragons, Griffins, Unicorns, and many other myths were told in folklores and heritages.

Some even has human characteristics such as Centaurs, Lamias, Anubis, and Kinara Kinari.

But there was one legend.
Lost and much of it is forgotten.
For none now lived to remember it.

A legend about humans with wings and humans with skin tougher than steel.
How they prospered and how they vanished without a trace.

This is a story about...

Birth,
Death,
Peace,
War,
And Love

How it all began from the gift of Blue Crystal
Both a blessing and a curse from the Goddess.

And now,

The Legend shall be unfolded by a human girl.
Title Screen :
Background Sample:
GUI & InGame Sample
Characters:

Here's our Heroine

Notes:
There's about 1-5% of changes in the characters dialogues, but the story/plot is the same with the Novelty version. I want to keep it as it is to remind me of my first baby :')

But sadly, there's no status function in this version so you can't check how much in love the bachelors are with Tamara xD

Tips:
- according to beta testers the arrangement of routes for better experience is Mitra -> Rama -> Reksa this is optional tho xD

Game Features:
- 3 love interests
- 6 endings
- 20+ CGs
- Original BGs
- Auto save, toggle, mini encyclopedia
Download FULL VERSION 1.4 :
Via itch.io

Questions For You:
There are also some question I'd like you to answer after playing this to improve my skills (If you already answer it, then you don't have to answer again):

1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why?
2. What makes you consider to play this game?
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?)
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft.
5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD)

It's optional to answer those questions btw :'3
Now without further ado, ENJOY!

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

Re: Nusantara [GxB] NEW REN'PY VERSION! (Windows,Linux,Mac)

#2 Post by crystalscm »

1. Which bachelor do you like the most? Why?
Ranking first would definitely be Reksa. I have a thing for the cold people, because by the end... I find that those type of people end up being really cute. To think they even were cold-hearted in the first place lol not to mention: he's really - in all honesty - handsome! Also, I really like Rama, just because his personality reminds me of my favorite character from another visual novel.

2. What makes you consider playing this game?
The fact that this game is fantasy and supernatural. Mostly every completed game I see seem to be only drama and slice of life, which can get quite boring after a while, so I'm really excited for this game. Also, the plot is really interesting; I have really wanted to play this game for a long while now!

3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? What element stands out the most?
Well... I haven't actually played it yet lol but I will download it and let you know of my thoughts. The element that stands out to me is the characters. They seem to have such unique and strong personalities; so I bet I will have a lot of fun playing their routes in the game. Some of their personalities even pique my interest/curiosity...

4. Do you have any questions/constructive critiques?
In all honesty, I'm not good at doing constructive critiques, but a friend of mine can rant on and on about the weak points and the strong points of your game! This is just a question out of curiosity though: how did you come up with this plot? Was it inspired by something important to you?

5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter?
I probably won't buy it, because I don't have a lot of money up my sleeve. However, I would be happy to beta-test it. I also do some donations in exchange for pre-released version of the game (though this happens rarely for me, since I almost never really have the money to donate in the first place, but when I do, I use it to donate in exchange for a pre-release)!

This game seriously looks so interesting! I'm going to download it right now and play it~ Thanks for releasing it on Ren'Py, and I look forward to playing it ;)

Alysya

#3 Post by Alysya »

1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa - Mitra - Rama. :) Just got a thing for tsunderes.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I love otome games, we need more of those!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The characters were lovely, I liked the setting a lot too. I dislike weak 'helpless' protagonists, Tamara definitely showed some strength.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft. None.
5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD) Yes. This visual novel is pure quality compared to some others out there. I use steam a lot, so it's the most convenient platform for me to use and buy from.

Adriana72
Completed: The final day of Spring (KN), Thank you for the flowers (Comic)
Projects: Hindeus Mansion (VN with point-and-click elements)
Deviantart: chihir-chan
itch: chihirchan

#4 Post by Adriana72 »

I thought it would be better to answer here since is the "definitive" version (?)
SweetChiel wrote:I'm really happy when you told me you like my art, but do tell me if some backgrounds hurts your eye or not x'D I've been conscious with how 'bright' and 'saturated' my backgrounds are lately. It gives a 'child story book' feeling and it kinda contradicting itself with the dark-story-line? O_O; tell me what you think?
The backgrounds were really great and I think that the fact that they were so colorful didn't give a childish feeling but a fantasy and adventure one! Even if this game was much darker, I still wouldn't mind bright and colorful art, though. It would probably catch my attention more than a game with dark plot and dark art. Maybe because of the contradiction itself.

The game has scenes when Tamara is walking and enjoying the nature, and the setting is quite important for the story development too (With Komodo's death forest, Hakuna falls...), so I think saturated and bright backgrounds are the right thing, since the enviroment itself is really special and important in this game. Like, I think it has to stand out!

Short answer: They look really beautiful and color is nice, so they are all right! uwub

TanysiaCelina

#5 Post by TanysiaCelina »

1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa is very attractive, that's why I chose him. He's very cold -like and screams at you if you do not agree with him. But he also has something sweets inside him. That makes him cute. I'm usually one who goes for the cute guys and someone who is charming and nice. But he's still my favorite in all the characters.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I found it very nice look and how it is made. It is beautiful. What struck me the most is how much fantasy you guys used in the game. Respect for the creators and I really enjoyed it to play the game. It is very romantic and much drama!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The art itself is very nice and beautiful made, I cannot even make something like this and how much fantasy you used. I like the storyline it is very creative. I love all the characters, but my favorite is Reksa.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? Not really
5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter? Sure!

andromache

#6 Post by andromache »

Made an account to comment on this! I saw your other version of this game, and I'm so happy to see you put it in Ren'py! Here are my random comments as I played:

I love the depth you've given to the secondary, non-love-interest characters. Asih and Yuda are simply adorable! Little details like this really separate this from other visual novels I've played.

I'm following the walkthrough to get Reksa's ending (I'm a sucker for the grumpy guys with warm hearts) and I find myself wishing there was a skip button for when I want to replay this to get the endings for the others! I feel like I'll get impatient clicking through dialogue I've seen before. If there is a skip button, I can't see it? (Though I guess using ctrl on the keyboard works too.)

This game is so long! And the war is epic! I feel like there are really some major issues at stake, which makes the story really impactful.

Love the ending and the
mating ritual, which was adorable and also a little bit sexy.
Maybe I'll play through for the other two guys sometime in the next few days! From what I saw of Rama he doesn't seem like my type, but Mitra is a sweetheart. But it'll feel like I'm betraying Reksa! (I knew I should've played him last, but I have no self-control.)

Overall, this game was fantastic. The only thing I was left wanting were a few more sappy/romantic/kissy CGs at some of the big moments.
For example, Tamara crying over Reksa's body, or the moment when he woke up and she found out he was going to live.
But anyway, for a game of this length with this level of story and characterization, I could envision myself paying for it on Steam or something. But thank you so much for sharing this for free!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by SweetChiel »

crystalscm wrote:1. Which bachelor do you like the most? Why?
Ranking first would definitely be Reksa. I have a thing for the cold people, because by the end... I find that those type of people end up being really cute. To think they even were cold-hearted in the first place lol not to mention: he's really - in all honesty - handsome! Also, I really like Rama, just because his personality reminds me of my favorite character from another visual novel.

2. What makes you consider playing this game?
The fact that this game is fantasy and supernatural. Mostly every completed game I see seem to be only drama and slice of life, which can get quite boring after a while, so I'm really excited for this game. Also, the plot is really interesting; I have really wanted to play this game for a long while now!

3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? What element stands out the most?
Well... I haven't actually played it yet lol but I will download it and let you know of my thoughts. The element that stands out to me is the characters. They seem to have such unique and strong personalities; so I bet I will have a lot of fun playing their routes in the game. Some of their personalities even pique my interest/curiosity...

4. Do you have any questions/constructive critiques?
In all honesty, I'm not good at doing constructive critiques, but a friend of mine can rant on and on about the weak points and the strong points of your game! This is just a question out of curiosity though: how did you come up with this plot? Was it inspired by something important to you?

5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter?
I probably won't buy it, because I don't have a lot of money up my sleeve. However, I would be happy to beta-test it. I also do some donations in exchange for pre-released version of the game (though this happens rarely for me, since I almost never really have the money to donate in the first place, but when I do, I use it to donate in exchange for a pre-release)!

This game seriously looks so interesting! I'm going to download it right now and play it~ Thanks for releasing it on Ren'Py, and I look forward to playing it ;)
Hi crystal! Thanks for sparing some time to review! OuO
1. Yeah, I knoowww that feeling too well x'D I also like cold/bad boys -it's interesting to find out what ruffles his feathers the most/what they value the most. They usually has an unexpected cute/adorable side and I just HAVE to see it >///< ok I'll stop rambling here lol. I hope Rama and Reksa fulfilled your expectations? ;)

2. Aww thank you! I'm also relieved that the re-make is finished sooner than I thought :D I plan to focus on fantasy stories since I'm quite a daydreamer so... if you want to read some fantasy VN, drop by! xD

3. I'll be looking forward for your thoughts ;)

4. Well, at first I was thinking about 'why is there no VN about indonesian cultures?'. 3 years ago, I found some interesting cultures and I want to tell the world about it (Omed-omedan/Sati Ceremony, etc find out about them more in the VN ~)
Then, I lose at a character design competition (Reksa) and it was such a waste to let it collect dust, so I decided, why not make a VN? lol, now that I think about it, I was pretty much spontaneous. The comment & acceptation in lemmasoft forum when I posted the WIP also pushed me to finish it x)
I hope this satisfies your curiousity, yes?

5. I'm not sure about this 'pre-released game' O.o do you mean the beta-test game? well, if you interested to beta test my next project (which is still in 'preparation'), I'll be glad to have you to test it if you're still interested ;)

Thank you again crsytal! see you around!
Alysya wrote:1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa - Mitra - Rama. :) Just got a thing for tsunderes.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I love otome games, we need more of those!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The characters were lovely, I liked the setting a lot too. I dislike weak 'helpless' protagonists, Tamara definitely showed some strength.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft. None.
5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD) Yes. This visual novel is pure quality compared to some others out there. I use steam a lot, so it's the most convenient platform for me to use and buy from.
Hi Alysa! Thanks for dropping by and reviewed! :D

1. How about yanderes? x'DD Lol, who doesn't? tsunderes are so adorable!

2. YESH, I agree 1000% x'D it would be a dream come true for me if I can work in a VN industry *sigh*

3. aww thank you! I'm glad the setting/art manages to capture your attention :'3 and yup, I also try to dodge 'damsel in distress' type of heroine.

4. Does that mean I did a good job? OwO

5. I don't know about steam, since I have to pay some certain amount of money to post games there >< and I still don't understand about that Greenlight thing? I'm considering IndieGogo and Patreon now tho; maybe IndieGogo to see how much people would support me first in the next project ;)

Thanks again and see you around!

Adriana72 wrote:I thought it would be better to answer here since is the "definitive" version (?)
SweetChiel wrote:I'm really happy when you told me you like my art, but do tell me if some backgrounds hurts your eye or not x'D I've been conscious with how 'bright' and 'saturated' my backgrounds are lately. It gives a 'child story book' feeling and it kinda contradicting itself with the dark-story-line? O_O; tell me what you think?
The backgrounds were really great and I think that the fact that they were so colorful didn't give a childish feeling but a fantasy and adventure one! Even if this game was much darker, I still wouldn't mind bright and colorful art, though. It would probably catch my attention more than a game with dark plot and dark art. Maybe because of the contradiction itself.

The game has scenes when Tamara is walking and enjoying the nature, and the setting is quite important for the story development too (With Komodo's death forest, Hakuna falls...), so I think saturated and bright backgrounds are the right thing, since the enviroment itself is really special and important in this game. Like, I think it has to stand out!

Short answer: They look really beautiful and color is nice, so they are all right! uwub
Hi Adriana! and lol, no problem. You can post wherever you want and I'll still get a notice of them ~
I never thought the contradicting bright backgrounds would be complimenting the dark story lol x'D but I guess they level each other? thank you for telling me! Somehow, this reminds me about some vocaloid songs. Sometimes, they use cheerful tones, but the lyrics will turn into a tragedy in the end :S my friend said 'the cheerful tone helps to make it not too sad'. I guess it's the same with my BGs? xDD

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up!
TanysiaCelina wrote:1. Which bachelor you like the most? and why? Reksa is very attractive, that's why I chose him. He's very cold -like and screams at you if you do not agree with him. But he also has something sweets inside him. That makes him cute. I'm usually one who goes for the cute guys and someone who is charming and nice. But he's still my favorite in all the characters.
2. What makes you consider to play this game? I found it very nice look and how it is made. It is beautiful. What struck me the most is how much fantasy you guys used in the game. Respect for the creators and I really enjoyed it to play the game. It is very romantic and much drama!
3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?) The art itself is very nice and beautiful made, I cannot even make something like this and how much fantasy you used. I like the storyline it is very creative. I love all the characters, but my favorite is Reksa.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? Not really
5. If I make another visual novel, will you consider purchasing it via Patreon or Kickstarter? Sure!
Hi Celina and thanks for sparing some time to review! :D

1. oh lol, I laughed when you said 'He's very cold -like and screams at you if you do not agree with him.' x'DD it's true tho. I got his image as an 'angry cornered animal' in the beginning so I guess you got my message clear and loud? xD
and thanks! Reksa is really the most favourite out here :D

2. Aww, thanks >< credits to my hyper-imaginative-brain to create a high fantasy stories. Since I was young, I always found fantasy stories to be fascinating. Even though my genre widened as I get older, fantasy and romance will always be #1, so you can expect more from me in the future! :D

3. Oh my, you feed my artist-ego too much >///< I'm touched and happy that my VN managed to entertain you and make you happy :')
But hey, don't undermine yourself! I believe that anyone can also make a good story/VN as long as you're willing to work hard! It's not easy -It took me 2 years and a half for the complete and ren'py version, but if you make them little by little, your own epic VN will surely be finished!

4&5. Thank you very much! I hope you come again in my next project in the future! OuO
andromache wrote:Made an account to comment on this! I saw your other version of this game, and I'm so happy to see you put it in Ren'py! Here are my random comments as I played:

I love the depth you've given to the secondary, non-love-interest characters. Asih and Yuda are simply adorable! Little details like this really separate this from other visual novels I've played.

I'm following the walkthrough to get Reksa's ending (I'm a sucker for the grumpy guys with warm hearts) and I find myself wishing there was a skip button for when I want to replay this to get the endings for the others! I feel like I'll get impatient clicking through dialogue I've seen before. If there is a skip button, I can't see it? (Though I guess using ctrl on the keyboard works too.)

This game is so long! And the war is epic! I feel like there are really some major issues at stake, which makes the story really impactful.

Love the ending and the
mating ritual, which was adorable and also a little bit sexy.
Maybe I'll play through for the other two guys sometime in the next few days! From what I saw of Rama he doesn't seem like my type, but Mitra is a sweetheart. But it'll feel like I'm betraying Reksa! (I knew I should've played him last, but I have no self-control.)

Overall, this game was fantastic. The only thing I was left wanting were a few more sappy/romantic/kissy CGs at some of the big moments.
For example, Tamara crying over Reksa's body, or the moment when he woke up and she found out he was going to live.
But anyway, for a game of this length with this level of story and characterization, I could envision myself paying for it on Steam or something. But thank you so much for sharing this for free!
Hi andromache! I'm touched that you created an account to comment :'3 yeah, it's not easy to re-program it using ren'py, but I'll do everything for those interested to play! Better dunk everything while I'm at it, yeah? x'D No regrets, whatsoever!

The only skip button is by using ctrl >.< it should skip over things you've read an stop when you came to a new dialogue so I hope things are good? O.O I didn't put a command-button-list/description since I thought it's obvious but I guess not? >< I'll put some description in the future, thanks!

Your random comment made me smile :D
I hope the grumpy guy with warm heart fulfilled your expectations? xD we're similar you know, I also will choose the bad-looking-guy/cold-guy in every VN I came across lol so don't worry; we're in the same boat! I also understand that some ending can be quite tricky to get. I'm SO glad that you get the epic feeling of the war tho! QuQ I tried so hard on that part that I thought my brain will combust at some point. I'll also try to do my best next time ><

The story-length also surprised me since it's longer than I predicted, but then again, I'm never good at writing one-shots so... x'D I guess this is the overall-length of my future novels xD

I wish I can make more CG but then I again, I was still learning about how to make a good CG scenes (the quality-control is still a mess! argh!) I was impatient so there you go :') I promise to put more effort to the CGs for my future VNs tho, so see you then!

Now, 2 people recommend steam again x'D I wish I have the money for opening a store there lol. But I think I'll try IndieGogo and patreon first and then go to steam? I still don't understand that Greenlight thing tho?

Last but not least, thanks again for visiting! I'll look forward to your comment about Rama/Mitra stories ;)

xoxo,
SweetChiel

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#8 Post by crystalscm »

SweetChiel wrote: Hi crystal! Thanks for sparing some time to review! OuO
1. Yeah, I knoowww that feeling too well x'D I also like cold/bad boys -it's interesting to find out what ruffles his feathers the most/what they value the most. They usually has an unexpected cute/adorable side and I just HAVE to see it >///< ok I'll stop rambling here lol. I hope Rama and Reksa fulfilled your expectations? ;)

2. Aww thank you! I'm also relieved that the re-make is finished sooner than I thought :D I plan to focus on fantasy stories since I'm quite a daydreamer so... if you want to read some fantasy VN, drop by! xD

3. I'll be looking forward for your thoughts ;)

4. Well, at first I was thinking about 'why is there no VN about indonesian cultures?'. 3 years ago, I found some interesting cultures and I want to tell the world about it (Omed-omedan/Sati Ceremony, etc find out about them more in the VN ~)
Then, I lose at a character design competition (Reksa) and it was such a waste to let it collect dust, so I decided, why not make a VN? lol, now that I think about it, I was pretty much spontaneous. The comment & acceptation in lemmasoft forum when I posted the WIP also pushed me to finish it x)
I hope this satisfies your curiousity, yes?

5. I'm not sure about this 'pre-released game' O.o do you mean the beta-test game? well, if you interested to beta test my next project (which is still in 'preparation'), I'll be glad to have you to test it if you're still interested ;)

Thank you again crsytal! see you around!
1. Reksa was very adorable (and protective, may I add...
you know, when Yuda was training with Tamara. You know what I mean; he even growled at Yuda for hurting Tamara even if it was just training lol
). Of course he met my expectations... I wish I could've seen it through their wedding and their life of the wedding aftermath though. Rama was also very, very funny! I like the mix of both light and dark colors through the story, I even teared up a little in his story :')

I'm not saying that they didn't meet my expectations (they exceeded my expectations lol), but I did really want a sequel.

2. Ooh, yes! I can't tell you how much I love fantasy and supernatural stories. They just spice things up a whole 'nother notch! Of course, I will look forward to your other visual novels in the future! I'll keep a lookout~

3. Well, my thoughts certainly haven't changed much about which element stands out to me. Their personalities are so strong and unique! It's just so interesting to see what Rama's got up his sleeve, Mitra's kind and mature persona, and Reksa's different sides to him other than his cold side!

4. Wow, that is interesting! I really enjoy the plot and storyline; I hope you do make more! However, I do want to note that I found a few spelling and some grammar errors. Although, I am a spelling and grammar geek, so yeah! No need to worry, I think, maybe. I guess just be careful of those minor things, or maybe get an editor/proofreader to help you out sometime!

5. Hahah, if it's a fantasy game, I'm totally in! In a way, beta-testing is what I mean. I guess what I mean by pre-released is a free copy of the finished game lol. Sorry! I'd love to beta-test your games and let you know of my thoughts~ count me in!!

Here's my thoughts:
Favorite Moments
1. Final battle between Purba and Reksa (the epic-ness!!)
2. Rama and Tamara have durians together <3
3. Tamara meets Mitra for the first time
4. Tamara meets Reksa for the first time
5. Tamara yells Rama's name and then falls right on top of him x'D
Things I Wanted More Of
1. More story! Like, go on... I wanted to see more about what happens next!
2. More romantic moments. Like more intimate moments between the bachelor and Tamara
3. CGs

theshrimplord
Regular

#9 Post by theshrimplord »

Aaaah I remember being upset I couldn't get this game to work for me, so excited to finally play!
WIP: Kingdoms Collide (fantasy, otome, gxb)

VanessaNellyn

#10 Post by VanessaNellyn »

It's Finally Here!! I'm so excited! I'll answer your questions after I finish the game. Hehehe <3

=EDIT= (I finished it! Yay!)

Reksa. Because he's mine soo cute! I can still definitely imagine him growl when I heard the word "cute" which makes him more adorable! That, and because he was overseeing his responsibilities with a proper head. Not anyone can care for other people, much less a whole village. Also, I really wanted to break his barriers and shove Tamara into his heart. :twisted:

The close second was my darling Mitra. I would really agree with Tamara when she said that guys like Mitra only comes in a blue moon. I want that man in real life! >.< I can see how Mitra's dedicated to Tamara so I couldn't help but smile at his sweet advances. Tamara was really lucky to find Mitra in her life, so I'll definitely find mine too! ...Right? R-right!
I can't say I 'really' loved Rama's route, cause he was too hesitant to accept Tamara...
Actually, I noticed this because it is a [GxB] novel. I was like; Yeah, man! A great game for a straight otome lover like me! But when I saw the screenshots, my fangirling went to a whole new level! :lol: I was actually beginning to get tired of stories based on modern settings, so your game was a nice change of pace. I really hope to find more of your creations like this!

3. Overall, what do you think about this visual novel? and what element stands out the most? (art? story? character?)
For me, it was the characters. Of course, the art and plot were the reason why I played the game, but the individuality of each character was very amusing! Because they act like they're alive and kicking somewhere in this world! :lol:
Especially the lovebirds, Asih & Yuda. They are like a teasing brother and a doting sister. I also loved how Tamara was a "straight-forward" kind of person.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques?
None! Just stay the same and make more lovable guys like Reksa and Mitra know that I'll always be your fan! :wink:

5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it?
Of course! (If my wallet isn't tight in that time...) :wink:
Last edited by VanessaNellyn on Thu May 12, 2016 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Plutoparfait

#11 Post by Plutoparfait »

Hello! Congrats on your game! I just finished it, it was sooo sooo enjoyable!!

Reksa was my favorite! Mitra would is second.
As much as I liked Rama, I found him a little frustrating because DAMN does that boy want to avoid love
I had been stalking this project for a long time, and just recently realized you had finished it. Besides the art is really pretty~

I loved the main character, she was funny, sarcastic but also very real. I appreciated that she actually had flaws of her own. The character development was fantastic, seriously.

4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques? I will read all the comments and reply to them like I do in Lemmasoft.
Surprisingly, I don't. The game was VERY well done, and tied up all ends pretty nicely.

5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it? via patreon or kickstarter that is (since I need to eat, electricity, and such things when I make VNs xD)
Yeah, I would buy from you/contribute to a kickstarter by you. Your work is high quality and seeing your recent stuff on deviantart (which I've creeped lmao, and wow you've made massive improvements, your art is GORGEOUS) I think you could and should charge money for it.

versect

#12 Post by versect »

Awesome game! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a craving for this kind of games for a while now :)
All the routes were great but my favourite would have to be Reksa. I just loved his tsundere personality as well as his romantic side.
Can't really pick one element that stood out to me cause everything seemed awesome from art to story. I would totally buy one of your future games as I perfectly understand you and would love to support you! <3
Looking forward to more games
p.s sorry for my bad english

Loxxi
Projects: OPKHDS

#13 Post by Loxxi »

Hmm. I'm actually quite torn. Mitra is a cute 'Mother Hen' figure in all good routes-not to mention, he's not good with the ladies. Kinda makes me want to tease him because he's shy. Rama's a happy-go-lucky puppy-man-child who
is a sarcastic jerk, with suicidal tendencies, and, to me, his 'love' for Ayu was because he felt a duty to his beloved niece/nephew, who was miscarried. He's emotionally unstable, a killer, and despite the many other flaws about this idiot that I can write and write, he's a character that
I can't bring myself to abandon. Reksa was the typical
'Daddy, look at me'
type, but he had his charms. I like Mitra-but Rama was the biggest impression of the game. And, no offense, but Reksa's good ending....just ruined it for me. Good thing I played him last. ^^;

Bird vs. Reptiles. What not to like?

Hmm. There's a lot of things, to be honest. But what stood out most is
Rama just had to be a brat and get himself eaten.

..I could write a review so long that no one would care to highlight all the spoiler whatjigs I put in it. xD

I would totally buy it if I had even a penny on me. xD *lives off her family*
#BOOKMARK.

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#14 Post by pyopyon »

Before I started this game, my prediction was my favorites would be Reksa > Mitra > Rama.

But then I played it.

Oh my god. Rama. RAMA. R A M A. I hated and loved his crazy behind loooollll. Every time he acted... himself, I wanted to hit him-- and I loved Tamara's reactions every time he did or said something totally messed-up... Hotness-wise, I really liked Mitra and Reksa more-- but then. I got to his bad ending. And. I was totally speechless. TOTALLY speechless. Generally, I hate bad endings (like a lot) and I avoid them-- but there was only two so I thought I could handle them endings............. I played it in the recommended order-- Mitra (so I was scarred at Rama's death) then Rama then Reksa and just OH MY GOD RAMA I FELT SO HORRIBLE FOR HIM. I ACTUALLY CRIED LIKE WHY DID I PLAY THIS GAME I FEEL HORRIBLE

I STILL FEEL HORRIBLE I'M JUST WHY RAMA MY LOVE

So because his bad ending was SO BAD, he's my favorite. I just wanted to be the Goddess of Fate and save Tamara... it was just all so unfair... I'm just so.... )^: DANG IT THAT BAD ENDING AND THAT ENDING CG. THIS IS WHY I DON'T PLAY BAD ENDINGS OMGGGG His good ending should've been like he gets everything he's ever wanted and also he gets a million dollars and a huge happy family with a lot of children and he never has to see blood ever again. )^: I feel like I"m dead inside ok like Rama's ending CG expression killed me :'^((((((( He was really broken... out of six endings he only gets happiness in one of them.... I'm really dead inside because of him.

Ahem. So THAT aside....

My number two is Reksa. Reksa was super hot, possessive in a cute way, and I just loved him ; ~ ; but.......... But unfortunately, I'd just played Rama's bad ending so I was still... dead on the inside LOOOOLLL. Reksa's bad ending was sad but it wasn't nearly as sad as Rama's. I just thought about Rama the entire time I played Reksa's route. orz;;; The fact that they didn't exchange 'I love you's before the big battle though! *shakes fist* Ah... I understood in the context of his bad ending, but still. I enjoyed the plot of Reksa's route the most, I think. It was kinda cool to see more komodo stuff! The only thing I wondered about was Granny & Silva's relationship... Chief Silva having white hair made me wonder if he was older than he looked and him and Granny having a secret thing going on once upon a time.....

Haha. But I really liked his route's plot! I think Reksa's overall plot was my favorite. It's kind of weird, but I liked that he kinda kept losing in all his fights with Purba. I also liked how much more he showed his animal traits more than the avians, which was cool considering that the avians have huge wings so of course they look more animal, but even though he looked more "human", he did more animal things like growling, baring his fangs, talking about her scent... his wildness was really cool and I loved that you gave him animal traits that affected how he acted.

My number three is Mitra. Mitra's route was really good and cute-- in another world, it would be my favorite route. I liked that Mitra was gentle but also really direct. I liked that he didn't play around with romance and just told Tamara that he liked her-- the wing ceremony was suchhhh a great part of his route and I loved the kissing ceremony even though I was sad that they didn't really kiss.... The cultural notes were really nice and made me curious about Indonesia's cultures- but Mitra doing the wing display was cool for me because I love wings and I think they're cool and honestly I was hoping for that he would use them-- so in that scenes and the feather grooming scene, I felt like my heart was on fire. *__* And if I'm honest, every single one of the routes was good. ; 3 ; I'm... really glad there was so sad ending for Mitra, haha. He's so precious! I don't think I could handle him being sad.

tl;dr: Rama's bad end > Reksa > Rama > Mitra

Mitra is only at the end because there's no more characters but I absolutely LOVED his route and personality.
Three things: 1) Love interests with brown skin (REALLY! there needs to be 100000x more), 2) Indonesian mythology, 3) Reksa. He's super hot.
Ah... for me, I really liked how different the bachelors are from each other. Their personalities are really distinct. I really love how Mitra used his wings to shield and intimidate and such, and the wing ceremony had my heart in pieces, it was soooooo cuuuute. There were a lot of parts that made me smile and giggle in each route. Reksa saying "our cave" (I actually said the same thing as Tamara did out loud. When she said, "When did it become OUR cave?" I almost died laughing because I didn't expect her to say that, too.) or Reksa getting jealous of Mitra in a subtle way, or the hug scene with Tamara...

The element that stood out the most was the use of effects! Lighting for fire, swipes for sword cuts, making Reksa's sprite shake when he growled-- there were a lot of really cool effects in the VN. It was really immersive; like, you have amazing VN storytelling techniques!

This was such a great VN, I don't regret waiting for it at all. Ah, also I was really surprised about Tamara coming from the modern day world. I didn't expect it.

Also, I like how for 2 out of 3 love interests, Tamara is basically royalty. Either she's komodo royalty (Reksa) or she's avian royalty (Mitra).

The plot was great and I like how it was a little grey/ambiguous about who was totally right or wrong. The only thing for me was: why DID the Komodo dragons steal the Blessing and demand the avians get off the island? I wish it could've been explored a little more, but it was really good so I didn't mind. I had a lot of questions about the war aspect, but mostly because I'm curious. It was still great with me having a lot of questions, haha.
Oh. Well. Since you asked: why DID the Komodo steal the Blessing and want to kick the Avians off the island? Also... Chief Silva )^: Does he really not care about his son because he's small or did he say those mean things to him when he beat Purba because of the purple crystal? I feel like I had more but... I'm sleepy now, so... haha.

Oh! This is totally hypothetical but... does Chief Silva like Tamara? XD The nightmare she kept having... who was it about? Is there any way to save Rama without courting him? ;___; Why does Mitra run away after he realizes his wing was moving while Tamara groomed it? Did that have a secret meaning too?

Also... Rama's wings. Were they broken and didn't heal right and that's why he can't use them or are the feather's clipped or...? What's wrong with them, exactly?

Critiques... not much. There was some parts where the English was awkward, but it was okay with me since I could understand everything. Also, the option button was broken... I PM'ed you about it, but the error basically says that you forgot to add a font in the folder or something. Ah, well. I still loved it.

YES. Y E S. YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS please make more omg. I didn't have money when I first downloaded it but I get paid this week so I'm totally going to pay you money. /o/

Sorry that this is long. I've been waiting for ages so I'm really happy!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by SweetChiel »

crystalscm wrote: 1. Reksa was very adorable (and protective, may I add...
you know, when Yuda was training with Tamara. You know what I mean; he even growled at Yuda for hurting Tamara even if it was just training lol
). Of course he met my expectations... I wish I could've seen it through their wedding and their life of the wedding aftermath though. Rama was also very, very funny! I like the mix of both light and dark colors through the story, I even teared up a little in his story :')

I'm not saying that they didn't meet my expectations (they exceeded my expectations lol), but I did really want a sequel.

2. Ooh, yes! I can't tell you how much I love fantasy and supernatural stories. They just spice things up a whole 'nother notch! Of course, I will look forward to your other visual novels in the future! I'll keep a lookout~

3. Well, my thoughts certainly haven't changed much about which element stands out to me. Their personalities are so strong and unique! It's just so interesting to see what Rama's got up his sleeve, Mitra's kind and mature persona, and Reksa's different sides to him other than his cold side!

4. Wow, that is interesting! I really enjoy the plot and storyline; I hope you do make more! However, I do want to note that I found a few spelling and some grammar errors. Although, I am a spelling and grammar geek, so yeah! No need to worry, I think, maybe. I guess just be careful of those minor things, or maybe get an editor/proofreader to help you out sometime!

5. Hahah, if it's a fantasy game, I'm totally in! In a way, beta-testing is what I mean. I guess what I mean by pre-released is a free copy of the finished game lol. Sorry! I'd love to beta-test your games and let you know of my thoughts~ count me in!!

Here's my thoughts:
Favorite Moments
1. Final battle between Purba and Reksa (the epic-ness!!)
2. Rama and Tamara have durians together <3
3. Tamara meets Mitra for the first time
4. Tamara meets Reksa for the first time
5. Tamara yells Rama's name and then falls right on top of him x'D
Things I Wanted More Of
1. More story! Like, go on... I wanted to see more about what happens next!
2. More romantic moments. Like more intimate moments between the bachelor and Tamara
3. CGs
Welcome back crsytalscm!
1. Aw, that's so sweet of you! x'D I'm not planning to make a sequel -but I'll keep it in mind to make better epilogues and maybe it's a good idea to make a VN with 'before' and 'after' confession events, yes? OuO Oooh, I think I'll do that in my next project!

2. Thank you! x'D I'm glad you like my high-fantasy story <3 It will take a little while until my next one, but I'm happy to hear you'll be there waiting for me! :'3

3. Amen! Glad the story interest you up until the end! *sighs in relief*

4. Yes, grammar is my everlasting nemesis :'D it seems like, the more I proofread it myself, the more mistakes I make (WHY?) gosh, I'll definitely search for a good beta-reader next time :') but please accept my advance apology if the grammar mistakes are still there in my next project hahahah

5. Okay! Noted! x'D
lol, so many people demanding for more fluffy moments <3 I'll try and pump more scenes next time (maybe, since it's hard to make things happen naturally, you know? x'DD) more CGs? Hmm, that depends 8') lol, no promises for this, but maybe yes for my future commercial ones
theshrimplord wrote:Aaaah I remember being upset I couldn't get this game to work for me, so excited to finally play!
I hope things went well since last time shrimplord! :'D I look forward to your thoughts!
VanessaNellyn wrote:It's Finally Here!! I'm so excited! I'll answer your questions after I finish the game. Hehehe <3

=EDIT= (I finished it! Yay!)

Reksa. Because he's mine soo cute! I can still definitely imagine him growl when I heard the word "cute" which makes him more adorable! That, and because he was overseeing his responsibilities with a proper head. Not anyone can care for other people, much less a whole village. Also, I really wanted to break his barriers and shove Tamara into his heart. :twisted:

The close second was my darling Mitra. I would really agree with Tamara when she said that guys like Mitra only comes in a blue moon. I want that man in real life! >.< I can see how Mitra's dedicated to Tamara so I couldn't help but smile at his sweet advances. Tamara was really lucky to find Mitra in her life, so I'll definitely find mine too! ...Right? R-right!
I can't say I 'really' loved Rama's route, cause he was too hesitant to accept Tamara...
Actually, I noticed this because it is a [GxB] novel. I was like; Yeah, man! A great game for a straight otome lover like me! But when I saw the screenshots, my fangirling went to a whole new level! :lol: I was actually beginning to get tired of stories based on modern settings, so your game was a nice change of pace. I really hope to find more of your creations like this!

For me, it was the characters. Of course, the art and plot were the reason why I played the game, but the individuality of each character was very amusing! Because they act like they're alive and kicking somewhere in this world! :lol:
Especially the lovebirds, Asih & Yuda. They are like a teasing brother and a doting sister. I also loved how Tamara was a "straight-forward" kind of person.
4. Do you have any question or constructive critiques?
None! Just stay the same and make more lovable guys like Reksa and Mitra know that I'll always be your fan! :wink:

5. Last but not least, if I make another visual novel, will you consider buying it?
Of course! (If my wallet isn't tight in that time...) :wink:
Hi Vanessa and welcome back!
1. I agree! I was pretty impatient while writing Reksa's route >.<
seeing how untrusting he is to other people especially those who's not a Komodo
but I'm happy you understand his personality get through so well! :'D
he does care a LOT about his people in the village
Yes, I think all of us girls will have our own Mitra later irl ;) maybe not 'everything' like Mitra, but I believe our future husbands will have his moments of Mitra's gentleman elements here and there x'D
and yes again! Sometimes when I wrote Rama, I just want to scream 'GROW A BALL AND JUST ACCEPT HER ALREADY' lol, something like that. But his psychology is very complicated and clashed with what I want :'D but I'm still happy you gave him a chance <3

2. Amen! I wanted to try something new and glad to have people noticed this QuQ it might have something to do with my fetish of fantasy stories with God/Goddess/Elf/Dragons, etc etc lol.

3. Thanks! I'm always happy to hear how 'alive' my characters seem to be >///< I still have a lot to learn tho, and I'll do my best to do better next time!

4. Aww thank you! :'3 yup, I'm not gonna stop making delectable bachelors anytime soon~

5.lol, also amen to that! x'D thank you for the thought!
Plutoparfait wrote:Hello! Congrats on your game! I just finished it, it was sooo sooo enjoyable!!

Reksa was my favorite! Mitra would is second.
As much as I liked Rama, I found him a little frustrating because DAMN does that boy want to avoid love
I had been stalking this project for a long time, and just recently realized you had finished it. Besides the art is really pretty~

I loved the main character, she was funny, sarcastic but also very real. I appreciated that she actually had flaws of her own. The character development was fantastic, seriously.

Surprisingly, I don't. The game was VERY well done, and tied up all ends pretty nicely.

Yeah, I would buy from you/contribute to a kickstarter by you. Your work is high quality and seeing your recent stuff on deviantart (which I've creeped lmao, and wow you've made massive improvements, your art is GORGEOUS) I think you could and should charge money for it.
Hi Plutoparfait! (lol I love your nickname x'D sounds delish for an ice cream name.)

1. I'm very amused at how similar this comment is with Vanessa's comment hahahah. But it looks like everyone still love Reksa the most :'D I thank you for that and thanks for giving all bachelors a chance! ABout Rama;
sometimes when I wrote Rama, I just want to scream 'GROW A BALL AND JUST ACCEPT HER ALREADY' lol, something like that. But his psychology is very complicated and clashed with what I want :'D so yeah, I understand how you feel x'D

2. Thank you for stalking being patient with me! I know it's a long time since I posted the WIP x'D

3. you made me blush >< I'm glad the character developments are a success!

4. Thank you~ I'm flattered that you think my story is well done -I think that's because you have a sharp intuition O.O (a few people told me that some parts are a bit vague and confused them a little x'D
Like, who is the one suffering in Tamara's dream
but I'll do better next time! >:D

5. aww, creep/stalk me all you want pls thank you for the consideration! I also think I need to make a commercial one for my next project since It took a lot more of effort and time than I thought >.<
versect wrote:Awesome game! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a craving for this kind of games for a while now :)
All the routes were great but my favourite would have to be Reksa. I just loved his tsundere personality as well as his romantic side.
Can't really pick one element that stood out to me cause everything seemed awesome from art to story. I would totally buy one of your future games as I perfectly understand you and would love to support you! <3
Looking forward to more games
p.s sorry for my bad english
Hi versect, thanks for coming!
Congrats on finishing all the routes, I hope you enjoyed them and the bits of knowledge? x'D Reksa is still unbeatable at favourites I see lol.
Also, thanks for your consideration <3 it gave me a bit more confidence for my future project >///<

P.S:
Your english is fine, I have bad grammars here and there too :'D
thank you again for your kind support! I hope we meet again in!