Kingdoms Collide: Looking for Partners!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
theshrimplord
Regular

Kingdoms Collide: Looking for Partners!

#1 Post by theshrimplord »

It is the dawn of a new era: warring kingdoms Angora and Demas have set aside their hatred in honor of the upcoming wedding between Angora's Princess Lysan and... the prince of her choice? The kind-hearted princess must choose between three princes within the month; her choice will affect the future of both kingdoms and could mean ruin or prosperity. Will she find true love within a man she once thought her enemy or will political tensions lead to certain demise?
~ ~ ~
Hi all! I am working on my first Otome, "Kingdoms Collide". Above is a little snippet to garner some interest. While I would love to produce an amazing game myself (I have trouble delegating, OTL), I know that realistically I would benefit from some talented individuals on my team. Right now, I have the synopsis and character profiles as well as some basic ideas of how I want characters to look and outlines of plots. I am looking to have 8 endings (1 good/1 bad end for each love interest, 1 good/1 bad general end).

I am currently looking for:
BG Artist
CG Artist
Sprite Artist (Possibly)
Editor
Programmer (Possibly)
Assistant Writer (Possibly)

I am looking to do the main writing, though I would take on another writer to help (as this will be a lengthy project). I am also leaning towards programming myself using Renpy, but would not turn down the help of an experienced programmer interested in the project! Additionally, I am considering doing sprite art and already have a few sketches; again, though, I would not turn away a talented artist who wanted to work on the project.

If you have questions or you are interested, PM me or reply to this thread! Thanks~
Last edited by theshrimplord on Wed May 18, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCrazyDirt
Projects: CrazyTale
Soundcloud: MrCrazyDirt

Re: Kingdoms Collide: Looking for Partners!

#2 Post by MrCrazyDirt »

Hello, theshrimplord I'm a experienced programmer using Ren'Py.

I do have a game that is open to beta testing for my friends but it has been removed because of me hiring a programmer who deleted the codes for Ren'Py

~MrCrazyDirt (A YouTuber!)

theshrimplord
Regular

#3 Post by theshrimplord »

MrCrazyDirt wrote:Hello, theshrimplord I'm a experienced programmer using Ren'Py.

I do have a game that is open to beta testing for my friends but it has been removed because of me hiring a programmer who deleted the codes for Ren'Py

~MrCrazyDirt (A YouTuber!)

Hi, I'd be interested in seeing some of your work if you have any to show me! I'm still a Renpy noob so programming has been difficult

Benesumi
Regular
Tumblr: Benesumi

#4 Post by Benesumi »

Hello! This sounds neat! I have a few questions. How much work would you expect the sprite artists to be doing? Any type of art style? And is there are time frame you have in mind for those involved?

theshrimplord
Regular

#5 Post by theshrimplord »

Otakumi wrote:Hello! This sounds neat! I have a few questions. How much work would you expect the sprite artists to be doing? Any type of art style? And is there are time frame you have in mind for those involved?
So for the sprite artist, I am looking to have sprites for at least 5 characters with 5 expressions (so 25 total sprites). I'm looking more for the manga/cartoony style, unsure on time frame now but would be willing to work with my artist on it. Honestly, I'd be happy just finding someone to do lineart for sprites as I am experienced with coloring
WIP: Kingdoms Collide (fantasy, otome, gxb)

warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

#6 Post by warmsundae »

If I was interested in working as an editor, then what would you want me to show you?

theshrimplord
Regular

#7 Post by theshrimplord »

warmsundae wrote:If I was interested in working as an editor, then what would you want me to show you?
If you have any references, I would use those. Or send you a snippet of work and have you send back and edit example
WIP: Kingdoms Collide (fantasy, otome, gxb)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#8 Post by Ferdokki »

Do you have an example of the kind of background art style you were looking for?