Aquae ~CCW~ [2-23-2011] ARC III-Facelift

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

Aquae ~CCW~ [2-23-2011] ARC III-Facelift

#1 Post by Sakurazaki »

Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ is a fantasy/adventure genre visual novel by R3 Productions. Part of Project Aquaria, this is the first game in a trilogy. The first conceptual story was started on January of 2008, Aquae has been in the works for about a year now.

The game itself is going to be released in chapters or Arcs, as the staff of R3 would like to call it. Aquae is slated to have 3-4 Arcs. Once Aquae is completed, there will be a collective release with all Arcs and extras in it.

The game is to be an estimated 2-3 Hours playtime total. The current story has over 25,000 words and going strong.

Currently Arc I - Summer Lights is at 6,941 words and has a playtime of 20-30 minutes.
Download thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 820#p76820

Currently Arc II - Ocean Tide is at 14,201 words and has a playtime of 45-50 minutes.
Download thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 91#p107991

People of all ages and races are astonished by the beauty and underlying rage of the big blue mass that coats most of our world. Many things are unknown about the sea, and many things have been made up about the magic and mystery because no one really knows. One particular myth is that of the mermaid; half human, half fish, able to breathe underwater and sing most beautifully. Most people now discard such stories, following logic's explanation that such creatures are impossible, but what if they were wrong?

The city of Murone [Mu-row-neh] is one that resides below the surface, merpeople and other types of sea dwelling creatures live in this warm water haven. Merpeople fear the above world for several reasons. The main concern is discovery. How would the humans react to finding that merpeople really did exist? Most merpeople shudder to think. However, some merpeople venture out of their watery haven and explore the world above at their own risk.

There are two islands near Murone: Ibis and Ibon. Each are home to humans and forest creatures. Ibis is larger in size and is currently hosting the Summer Festival. A giant bridge connects the two isles.

Now fate will bring the sea and the land together...the fate of both lay in the hands of a small group...

Will history be re-written, as waves upon the sand? ....
Or will bloodshed remain?

Lord Eron Imbrancht
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Blue
Brief Bio: Lord of Ibis, a strong ruler who takes care of his country. His wife was swept away by the angry waves, never to be seen again. He still mourns her death, but still continues to be a steady ruler of his land.

Erika
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde
Brief Bio: Kaizarel's teacher and mentor, she is knowledgeable in many different subjects. Kaizarel often goes to her for advice.

Ameila
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6834 ... opyqx9.jpg
Eye color: Green
Hair color: Brown/blonde
Brief Bio: Frain's human friend and owns a flower shop. Her mother is ill at the start at the story, leaving Ameila to look after it. Ameila has known Frain for a while. Her personality is quite upbeat, loyal, and caring.

Igor
Eye color: Brown beady eyes
Hair color: Black/Grey
Brief Bio: A rotund man...and Kai's personal assistant. He ensures that Kaizarel doesn't get into trouble and makes sure that he meets all of his appointed meetings.

These features are available in the Single Arc Version (Arc I, II, or III) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Rich Event and Character CGs
-Customized main menu
-3D background CGs

These features are available in the Extended Version (Compiled Arc Version) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Features from the Single Arc Version
-Custom music
-CG Gallery
-Intro Video and Epilogue Video
-Music Gallery
-Improved CGs

Why the Single Arc Version and the Compiled Arc Version?
1. The single arc version is kind of there for time convenience as usually most of the staff members are busy throughout the year.
2. The Compiled Arc Version is going to be a revised version that will be done mostly by Rei Hirai (the chara artist and yours truly.) I realize my art isn't up to standards most of the time and I'm rather unsatisfied with myself for most of the art done on tablet for this work. So I'm going to improve while working on Aquae and put it to good use in the compiled version.
3. As such there will be new features as listed above along with storyline extensions by the writers if they feel inclined.
4. The compiled arc version will be the polished gem instead of the rough diamonds seen in the single arc version. Meaning....it's going to be an epic release.
5. In case you don't want to dl all of the arcs one by one, the compiled arc version is there so you can play through the whole game at once if needed.

The single arc versions will be updated as needed, if there are bugfixes or fixed artwork, and it will def. be re-released during the Compiled Version's debut.

Programmer-Rika and Ryoko
Story-Rika and Ryoko
Music Coordinator-Rezznik
Composer - Nicol Armarfi
GUI design- Rezznik
Art- Rei Sakurazaki
Colorist-Kaorien
Editor-Rika and Ryoko
Background Artist-Rezznik
Logo-Hanzo Kimura/Ry Yuuki
Beta Testers-MarianFrae and Ereth
We are always looking for more people to help out, so give me a pm!
Last edited by Sakurazaki on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 am, edited 129 times in total.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Sakurazaki
Veteran

SCREENSHOTS AND MORE

#2 Post by Sakurazaki »

Early Screenshots-
Main Menu-ARC I

N/A
Last edited by Sakurazaki on Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 am, edited 7 times in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ UPDATED 1/15 ]

#3 Post by monele »

Sounds nice, albeit probably coated in drama hm? :)

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#4 Post by Sakurazaki »

lol I'm really not the author(s), two other members of the team are in charge of that. I'm just in charge of artwork, and programming.

But what I can say is...this VN will be wonderfully scripted and full of good stuff. :P

Edit: A fun piccy by Ryo, who's also my art editor, featuring Frain.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#5 Post by Sakurazaki »

Shiisuke-san has agreed to help on the CGs!

Sakurazaki
Veteran

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ UPDATED 1/16 ]

#6 Post by Sakurazaki »

Intro is almost done. And then we go onto the first part of the story! :3 Hopefully there will be a screenie once we get the first part done.

-So far: 2 music pieces have been composed by Sakari
-One piece of character art by ME! Steal it or claim it as your own and I will come after your soul! >:3

Kaizarel :3

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ Chara Sketchy! ]

#7 Post by Samu-kun »

The lineart seems to be really good so far. ^_^ Can't wait to see them coloured.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ Chara Sketchy! ]

#8 Post by Sakurazaki »

lol actually Shiisuke-san's style is a lot different than mine, and a lot better. She'll be doing the CGs for this game :3 I'm just doing the Original Character Designs. But thank you very much. :3

Sakurazaki
Veteran

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ BIO UPDATE ]

#9 Post by Sakurazaki »

Game update
The demo (which will include the first chapter and the intro) will be slightly delayed, why?

BECAUSE MY COMPY IS RETARDED. Error messages and lag happening all over the place. D: It's been like this for a month, and it's gotten worse. So I'll be moving my backup files to my brand new Toshiba, Vista (ew) lappy. (:3 I am very responsible, so I always keep backups.)

Intro is done, it's a bit short though so I may be adding more to it. Also I got a new piece of music from Sakari :3 And perhaps another piece of character art from me will be appearing from me again soon. So stay tuned!

Also if anyone wants to try to design a logo for the game that'd be nice. The one I have is a temp. I'll put you in the credits. :3

Also note.......this is R3 Production's FIRST Visual Novel. We mainly deal in RPGs, and we might have a hybrid RPG/VN coming out once we get this project done :3

R3's website is currently getting set up, but I'll be posting the URL once I'm done.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: [R3]Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ [ UPDATE: 1-22-08 ] RWAR!

#10 Post by monele »

So you have other productions you could show already? (even if it's in another genre)

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#11 Post by Sakurazaki »

Yeah, although some of them are translations and demos.

-Promise Permanent White is a translation from JP to EN
-Betsuno Sekai is a action RPG (demo form) but I need to debug, because the battle system had an error during final testing.
-Legend of Eternia is one of our main projects, and is currently (and prolly willl be for some time) in development.

Not to mention I've been working on a VB based MMORPG (which is on hold while I work on this)

But like I said, this is probably R3's test to see if we can do VNs properly. XD If all goes well, you'll have an rpg/VN hybrid coming out soon (not this game though, and not on Ren Py, since I don't know Python script that well)

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#12 Post by bloodywyvern »

It's great to already have a team in place, and in the fact you have already done previous work makes me believe all the more that you will succeed. ^^ Sounds like an interesting take, you don't see much to do with underwater life these days. Though theres a few I guess. It seems as if you guys are kind of...overextending yourselves, wouldn't you say? I mean you already have two other projects that you were working on and your already picking up another one.

For some reason while reading your summary of it all I was reminded of the little mermaid *sweat drop* too many Disney movies for me. Well seems like you guys are dedicated and I hope to see more later on.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#13 Post by Sakurazaki »

It may seem like "Little Mermaid" at first, but it's just a summary. And trust me, the mermaids AREN'T what you are going to expect them to look like. I thought I might have someone say "You are running too many projects" or "Hey this seems like Little Mermaid." And behold, :P.

Here's my answer:

I haven't even gotten to the real plot yet for Aquae (it's really cool the scriptwriters at R3 did a REALLY good job of it, so I'm extremely lucky to be programming this for them.). So you'll just have to wait and see. You have to realize, I'm not a story teller, I had to pull that summary out of my head.

As for multiple projects, we've already completed Betsuno Sekai like I said, it just has to go through a debugging. :P LoE is currently saved on my HD, all ready to go but we need to get our beta tester to respond back to us. And the VB based MMORPG was my own pet project to learn Visual Basic, and really wasn't affiliated with R3. Needless to say the MMORPG wasn't going to be hosted online anyways, that would require me leaving the computer on, and taking up RAM to work on Aquae. Although I have to admit I'm a bit offended by your statement but that's just me, so don't take it personally.

Besides, we all need a break from our usual genre, correct? And this is my way of getting the team to break out from it's usual shell. So if there's anyone to blame, lol it's me. :P

Anyways: I got a cute piccy that I sketched out real quick, so you can have something pretty to look at while I'm hard at work programming. It's still being colored :3

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#14 Post by bloodywyvern »

As a writer myself I know that it isn't easy to make a decent summary for a complicated story, I have no doubt it will be unlike any of the thoughts in my head. I just couldn't help but comment about it lol, it's just my head overly filled with Disney movies o.o.

I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that usually you want to finish up all old projects before taking on something new. When you move in to a new genre or style it should normally take full concentration in order to do your very best. No need to rub in the idea of working hard! :shock: I work toooo, somewhat...lazily like, and I'm only a hobby writer so...maybe you re hard at work and I'm doing nothing.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#15 Post by Sakurazaki »

I'm pretty sure you are hard at work as well. And I'd love to see one of your stories sometime :wink: