Visual Novels and/or Dating Sims with Forbidden Love

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
joyceallday

Visual Novels and/or Dating Sims with Forbidden Love

#1 Post by joyceallday »

Let me start this off by saying I LIVE for angst/ust. Not by means of the love interest being nasty to the PC, but by any element that makes a romance 'taboo'.

It could be a non-problem (or rather shouldn't-be-a-problem) like a same-gender relationship where one or both are confused about their feelings, or one or both think it's "wrong" at first.

Or things that are actually taboo and maybe shouldn't be okay that I enjoy purely in fiction, such as large age gaps or teacher/student, or even stories about affairs.

There's probably more tropes I enjoy, but I'm just naming the ones most prominent in my mind right now. Please help a girl out. I know it's problematic. Please don't lecture me. I just love the specific feeling of excitement these things bring. I hope you have recommendations for me. ;________________________;

(I've played Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (Himuro is everything, Wakaouji was too casual about being your teacher for me LMFAO))

Sadly, I only speak English and Dutch fluently.

I have a PSP, 3DS, iPhone, PS4, and a good-working laptop!

I'm willing to pay up to 50 euros for the game.

Ideally a female MC but I honestly don't care that much.
Last edited by joyceallday on Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Visual Novels and/or Dating Sims with Forbidden Love

#2 Post by Googaboga »

If you're looking for recommendations you might want to specify a few things;
-Do they have to be in English or are other languages options as well?
-Does the gender of the MC or LIs matter?
-Are you willing to pay for the games? Is there a price cap to how much you're willing to pay?
-What systems do you play games on?

And you might also want to mention games you've already played if there are more than just the Tokimeki games so people don't recommend things you already have.

I'm pretty sure there are a few mobile otome games that are all about forbidden romances if you've got a phone or tablet you can play VNs on.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

PetPeeve
Regular
Tumblr: agamemakingblogforcoolkids

#3 Post by PetPeeve »

joyceallday wrote:(I've played Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (Himuro is everything, Wakaouji was too casual about being your teacher for me LMFAO))
If you like Tokimeki you should try Storm Lover Kai, you can romance the teacher in that too, and he is definitely not 100% ok with dating his student, haha.

And I agree with you 100% that the conflict that way is more exciting.
ImageImageImageImage

joyceallday

#4 Post by joyceallday »

Googaboga wrote:If you're looking for recommendations you might want to specify a few things;
-Do they have to be in English or are other languages options as well?
-Does the gender of the MC or LIs matter?
-Are you willing to pay for the games? Is there a price cap to how much you're willing to pay?
-What systems do you play games on?

And you might also want to mention games you've already played if there are more than just the Tokimeki games so people don't recommend things you already have.

I'm pretty sure there are a few mobile otome games that are all about forbidden romances if you've got a phone or tablet you can play VNs on.
Sadly, I only speak English and Dutch fluently.

I have a PSP, 3DS, iPhone, PS4, and a good-working laptop!

I'm willing to pay up to 50 euros for the game.

Ideally a female MC but I honestly don't care that much.

Thank you anyways~

joyceallday

#5 Post by joyceallday »

PetPeeve wrote:
joyceallday wrote:(I've played Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (Himuro is everything, Wakaouji was too casual about being your teacher for me LMFAO))
If you like Tokimeki you should try Storm Lover Kai, you can romance the teacher in that too, and he is definitely not 100% ok with dating his student, haha.

And I agree with you 100% that the conflict that way is more exciting.
Thank you for the suggestion!!!!!

I saw this yesterday, and am playing it right now! I really like it so far :o

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#6 Post by trooper6 »

You could play "Don't Worry Babe, It Ain't Your Story"
It is free.
However, male MC...and the one option to romance a student Is framed not as sexy, sexy forbidden, but creepy forbidden...as you might expect when a 40 year old decides to date his underage student.

Coming Out On Top has a student/teacher relationship.
That is not free but very good.
However, is is male/male and while there is drama about the potential relationship, there isn't lots of shame...if that is the thing you like. Also, the student is a college student and not underage if you really like under legal age with adults relationships.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#7 Post by Googaboga »

You might want to edit your first post so people checking the thread can see the answers :].

Since you've got a phone I'd suggest checking out the mobile VN market. They've got a ton of otomes such as; Forbidden Love, Forbidden Love - The Unforgivable Couple, Illegal Romance, It’s Our Secret, Kiss of Revenge, Love and Conspiracy, Mistress Contract, My Forbidden Lover, Scandal in the Spotlight, Shall we Date?: Can’t Say No, Shall We Date?: Love Tangle, Pub Encounter (all the guys are older).

Those were just the most obvious choices but there are plenty of others.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

joyceallday

#8 Post by joyceallday »

trooper6 wrote:You could play "Don't Worry Babe, It Ain't Your Story"
It is free.
However, male MC...and the one option to romance a student Is framed not as sexy, sexy forbidden, but creepy forbidden...as you might expect when a 40 year old decides to date his underage student.

Coming Out On Top has a student/teacher relationship.
That is not free but very good.
However, is is male/male and while there is drama about the potential relationship, there isn't lots of shame...if that is the thing you like. Also, the student is a college student and not underage if you really like under legal age with adults relationships.
Thank you! I do prefer the characters legal age, but considering dating sims usually aren't very realistic anyway, underage MC is just something I don't mind.

Regardless, I do find these situations interesting even if they're creepy. Consider it a morbid curiosity. So thank you for the recs~!!

Onigirice

#9 Post by Onigirice »

I think u'll enjoy these games :
Fetish : Every Second Count
Don't Take It Personally Babe, It's Ain't your story
Don’t Take The Risk
FR : Office Lovers

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#10 Post by papillon »

Just to go through 'forbidden' romances in my own games...

Magical Diary has a student/teacher route that is generally popular, and he's certainly not casual about it.
The Royal Trap has Prince Oscar who the MC is very definitely not supposed to be dating (for complex cultural reasons) and angsts over it.
A Little Lily Princess, I think Jessie's and Lavinia's routes probably have the most angst/forbidden elements, for different reasons, though Lavinia might be too mean for your tastes.