Putting imges in the posts...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
taichoukun
Projects: Dissiderium

Putting imges in the posts...

#1 Post by taichoukun »

noob question, but how does one embed i picture in the posts? i knew long ago and havent posted anything requiring pictures until now.

agentyoda
Regular

Re: Putting imges in the posts...

#2 Post by agentyoda »

If you mean an image in a post like this, use the following: [ img ] (web address of site: http and so on) [/ img] (without the spaces). If you click "Post Reply" instead of using Quick Reply, you can press the IMG button to pull it up for you; just fill in the empty space with the web address.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#3 Post by Donmai »

You can also attach a picture to your post. When writing your post, scroll down to see the 'Upload attachment' field.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

YourGeekGoddess
Regular
Projects: Bog
Deviantart: YourGeekGoddess
Soundcloud: YourGeekGoddess

#4 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

I've tried doing this and using several file shares sites such as mega and sabertooth and even on the public setting I get the error "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

:c

KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

#5 Post by KittyWills »

Your picture might be to big. This happened to me so I shrunk it down and it worked fine.

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#6 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

KittyWills wrote:Your picture might be to big. This happened to me so I shrunk it down and it worked fine.
I wondered the same but shrunk them considerably. They are only 200w and 500h. That shouldn't be too big, should it?

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#7 Post by Tempus »

The forum needs to be able to get the width to know if it's 800px or less which is the limit for embedded images on this forum (attached images have no limit though). Something about those hosts is preventing the forum from getting the width. It's happened to me before but I can't remember what causes it. It might be caused by linking to a page with only the image on it instead of viewing the image directly. With most browsers you can right-click the image and choose something to the effect of "open image in new tab" — if you can do that the link in that tab ought to work. I'm not actually sure how phpBB ascertains the width of remote images now that I think about it...

For what it's worth I use postimage ( http://postimage.org/ ) for uploading stuff to Lemma Soft (yes, I have a host specifically for LSF!). You don't need an account and it allows you to resize the image to 800px wide when uploading it to save you that frustration. After it's uploaded choose "direct link" and put that between the img tags. Honestly, Lemma Soft's width limit should be much, much higher (like 1920px) but that's a whole other thing.
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#8 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Tempus wrote:The forum needs to be able to get the width to know if it's 800px or less which is the limit for embedded images on this forum (attached images have no limit though). Something about those hosts is preventing the forum from getting the width. It's happened to me before but I can't remember what causes it. It might be caused by linking to a page with only the image on it instead of viewing the image directly. With most browsers you can right-click the image and choose something to the effect of "open image in new tab" — if you can do that the link in that tab ought to work. I'm not actually sure how phpBB ascertains the width of remote images now that I think about it...

For what it's worth I use postimage ( http://postimage.org/ ) for uploading stuff to Lemma Soft (yes, I have a host specifically for LSF!). You don't need an account and it allows you to resize the image to 800px wide when uploading it to save you that frustration. After it's uploaded choose "direct link" and put that between the img tags. Honestly, Lemma Soft's width limit should be much, much higher (like 1920px) but that's a whole other thing.
I actually got the photos to appear with postimage... although they would crop themselves on the forum. Very strange.

Though, I've finally had total success with imgur. Thanks for the help and suggestions. c: