Iridescent [GxB][Romance][Slice of Life][School]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SpaceToast
Projects: Iridescent
Organization: Late Night Cookie Crew

Iridescent [GxB][Romance][Slice of Life][School]

#1 Post by SpaceToast »

Akira Yamasaki's life has always been monochromatic. Endless shades of black, white and grey. Amongst this life of monochrome, Akira had to deal wit the overwhelming pressure of trying to meet the expectations of strict parents.

Then, she couldn't take it anymore.

Akira moved away from her oppressive lifestyle to a university a few cities away from home in hopes of finally being able to live for herself. This is her story and how she learns to break free from the chains that have bind her in the past.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This visual novel will feature:
  • At least 3-4 CGs for each route
    Handdrawn sprites
    6 unique routes (with discussion of possible female options)
    13 endings
    14 unique characters
    A surprise in the menu for each ending you get
    More than 20,000 words worth of content
Follow us on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/iridescentvn
Tumblr: http://iridescentxvn.tumblr.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LateNightCC/timeline

Hello! This is SpaceToast and thank you so much for showing interest in the project Iridescent! I am working with a team of 3 other amazing women to create this free visual novel for you all! This project has been going on for around half a month now and I am proud to say that we have made some amazing progress on it! We still have a long way to go on it but I do hope that you all will stick with us until the final release of the game!

WE'RE ALSO LOOKING FOR BACKGROUND ARTISTS AND MUSIC COMPOSERS
If you are interested please PM me~

CURRENT PROGRESS:
  • Main Story: 100%
    Demo: 40%

Kazuki Route: 75%
    Gerard Route: 40%
    Adonis Route: 10%
    Daisuke Route: 50%
    Peter Route: 0%
    George Route: 0%

Character Sprites: 20%
    CGs: 0%
    Backgrounds: 70%
    Background Music: 80%
    Other stuff to make the game look pretty: 30%

QUESTIONS:
  • So far, what is your opinion of the game?
    Are there any characters that particularly stand out to you? Good or bad?
    What are you looking forward to in the game?

You are also free to ask us any questions as well!
Akira Yamasaki
A 21-year-old woman who is the heir to her parents' company. Strong-willed and strong-minded, Akira is determined to finally find her reason for living. However, when memories that hit to close to home start to slowly creep themselves back into her life, her will starts to crumble. Will she be able to use what she has learned now to fight back?

Garnet Yamasaki
Akira's twin sister. Twin is a term that is used loosely as Garnet has made sure to look anything but like her sister, even going as far as to dye her hair and wear color contacts. The total opposite of Akira, Garnet is hyper, reckless and all around a hurricane of chaos. There have been mentions of her leaving the Yamasaki household long ago due to Garnet not wanting to deal with their parents any longer, but is there possibly more to Garnet's reasoning than just that?

Kazuki Takahashi
A 23-year-old ruthless smoker, Kazuki Takahashi pushes people away and prefers to keep to himself. When Akira starts trying to get close to Kazuki, he counters her with harsh comments, snide remarks and all around snarky personality towards her. He seems to have some sort of strange relationship with Akira and his teacher, Daisuke Oshiro and further down the line, Akira slowly starts to learn of something absolutely terrifying about this man.

Gerard Colquhoun
Narcissistic, arrogant and loud are just a few words to describe this 22-year-old man. Gerard is almost always surrounded by a possé full of girls around the university and seems to love every bit of attention that he gets from them. However, when Akira, a girl who for once talks down to him, breaks into his life, she starts to slowly learn that she might have more in common with Gerard than she thought.

Adonis Yura
A mysterious, blind 21-year-old that almost seems to live in the piano room of the Arts Building. Despite wearing a blindfold over his eyes, Adonis is able to play the piano without any trouble whatsoever. He seems wary to bring up much about his past and why he wears a blindfold, but when Akira starts to prod into his life a little more, she learns of a past that should have been better left unsaid.

Daisuke Oshiro
A professor at Akira's university, Daisuke Oshiro is a man with high morals and beliefs and does his best to stick to him. He's rather popular with the female students of the school due to his kind personality and rather good looks. As Akira starts to help Mr. Oshiro with his work, she slowly starts to realize that there is more to this man than meets the eye.

Peter Harrison
The youngest of the Harrison brothers, Peter is pure, honest and really tries his best in everything that he does. However, as time goes on it is clear to see that there is something in his past that is holding him back. Can Akira help Peter get over his past while also trying to get over her own?

George McFoley
The star athlete of the university, George McFoley is a get-it-done kind of person. Being a part of a good deal of sports teams at the university, he has a lot of expectations set for him. However, as Akira starts to get to know George, her struggles in the past scarily start to match up with his. Can the advice she gives George become something that she herself can follow?

ImageImage
Last edited by SpaceToast on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Iridescent [GxB][Romance][Slice of Life][School]

#2 Post by Zelan »

*quietly bookmarks* Your art style is nice. I'll keep an eye on this.

SpaceToast

#3 Post by SpaceToast »

Zelan wrote:*quietly bookmarks* Your art style is nice. I'll keep an eye on this.
Thank you so much! If you want daily updates you can follow us on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/iridescentvn
Tumblr: http://iridescentxvn.tumblr.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LateNightCC/timeline

SpaceToast

#4 Post by SpaceToast »

A quick update on our visual novel~!

We've made a fancy new textbook to replace the default one~!

Here is also a ton of concept art and sketches!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

I love the one of Akira taking the cigarette out of Kazuki's mouth. cx It's cute and bold at the same time.

camisteja
Regular

#6 Post by camisteja »

Is the story set in Japan? If so, why do most of the characters have non-Japanese names? Like, why is Akira's sister named Garnet or the other guy named Adonis?

SpaceToast

#7 Post by SpaceToast »

camisteja wrote:Is the story set in Japan? If so, why do most of the characters have non-Japanese names? Like, why is Akira's sister named Garnet or the other guy named Adonis?
This story does not take place in Japan. We don't have a set location but it's a rather prestigious college so many people come from abroad, thus why there are people with different names that aren't Japanese. As for Akira and Garnet, they are only half Japanese thus why they don't have fully Japanese names either.

SpaceToast

#8 Post by SpaceToast »

Zelan wrote:I love the one of Akira taking the cigarette out of Kazuki's mouth. cx It's cute and bold at the same time.
Thank you so much!

Lizzie
Projects: Stargazer
Organization: Astral Circus
Tumblr: lizziethepenguin

#9 Post by Lizzie »

So far, what is your opinion of the game?
The plot looks good and the art is cute!

So far, my favorite one is Kazuki but Daisuke seems pretty interesting too. Can't wait to see his appearance!
Also, I'm not sure who's sleeping with her in the drawing but they're both so adorable!

I think it will be interesting to explore the guys' personalities, especially Kazuki's since I really want to know what's so terrifying about him (*゚ロ゚).

SpaceToast

#10 Post by SpaceToast »

Lizzie wrote:So far, what is your opinion of the game?
The plot looks good and the art is cute!

So far, my favorite one is Kazuki but Daisuke seems pretty interesting too. Can't wait to see his appearance!
Also, I'm not sure who's sleeping with her in the drawing but they're both so adorable!

I think it will be interesting to explore the guys' personalities, especially Kazuki's since I really want to know what's so terrifying about him (*゚ロ゚).
Thank you so much for the feedback! And to answer you question, the one Akira is sleeping with is Kazuki :D

Lizzie
Projects: Stargazer
Organization: Astral Circus
Tumblr: lizziethepenguin

#11 Post by Lizzie »

SpaceToast wrote:And to answer you question, the one Akira is sleeping with is Kazuki :D
Thank you for answering! I didn't want to assume it was him and get it wrong. :oops:

SpaceToast

#12 Post by SpaceToast »

This is your weekly update on the visual novel Iridescent! This week has been mostly focused heavily on coding and writing out Gerard, Kazuki and Daisuke's routes! Kazuki's route is pretty much done save for a few transitional scenes here and there and Daisuke and Gerard is halfway done. Since we've gotten rather far in planning them out, we have started planning out Adonis's route as well.

Our sprite artist, Aeveternal has come out with a new character sprite!

He will be left a secret until we have his full coloring 8)

-----

Current statistics for the game:

Code: Select all

The game contains 1,323 dialogue blocks, containing 20,852 words and 110,912
characters, for an average of 15.8 words and 84 characters per block.

The game contains 9 menus, 57 images, and 12 screens.