Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Various Voluenteers

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Phantom-chan
Regular
Projects: Paper Airplane - Sent From Me to You
Organization: Eternal Phantoms
Deviantart: Phantom-Chanx

Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Various Voluenteers

#1 Post by Phantom-chan »

Greetings and salutations, internet! My name is Phantom-chan, and I'm looking for people to join a team I made called "Eternal Phantoms".

You see, I have a strong belief. My belief is: No one should ever be a ghost. What I mean by that is, just about anyone can achieve their dreams, no matter what others says. Especially if someone tells other people that they can't accomplish anything due to their gender or age. I practically live by this belief, working hard on trying to get my imagination noticed by people around the world. And I'm more than 99.99999998% sure that there are a lot more people who feel the same way. So, I decided to create a team. A team of amazing and talented people, who want to show the world that they have a passion for something and that they aren't just another person you meet in day-to-day life. And I decided to name this future team, "Eternal Phantoms". "Eternal" representing the long lasting name that the team wants for themselves, and "Phantoms" representing our previous life as an unnoticed civilian who was to shy or scared at the thought of being humiliated to share their passion with someone.

Now that all of that intense stuff is done, let's move on to the project! :)
Eternal Phantoms current project that we are working on is called, "Paper Airplane - Sent From Me to You". It's aimed to be a cute, friendship/romance, dramatic, fantasy type of story that is- to be blunt- an emotional roller coaster ride. Here's a synopsis for you to read to get the basic story:

"The land of Norhil has seen better days. The bombs of destruction, the lives of many vanishing... It is the time of war, bringing despair to all; demolishing hope. Among all this horror and destruction, a dark soul of only 14 moves to a hospital, feeling the hope of humanity slipping away. However, when a pure soul of 14 meets the dark, a slimmer of hope is born. They find comfort in one another, despite their troubles, and the dark manages to see the light of the good. This story's ending... Is in your hands."

Yeah. This clearly screams: "I was made by a girl who is a sophomore in high school! :D " But hey, some people dig that. And that's where you, future member, come in.

I'm looking for the following:
Background Sketch Artist : Someone who knows the basics of backgrounds and can sketch them out. NEEDED DESPERATELY!!!
Colorist : Someone to help color the BG's, CG's, and characters in a rather cutesy style.
CG Artist Assistant : Someone who can draw proportionate anime bodies (including bare hands and feet) with backgrounds in a rough style.
Line Artists: I need someone to trace the outline of the character sketches in a professional manner so that they can be colored.
Proof reader/Grammar Nazi/etc.: Basically someone who is comfortable enough in fixing the grammar errors and making the dialogue/descriptions more poetic than it is now.
Musician Assistant : Someone who can create gentle piano/violin pieces while also create suspenseful pieces. Who am I kidding? Anyone who can make their own pieces, really!
As you can see, I am mainly looking for artists and musicians. That's because our art and music department is very slow and need a few extra hands to help them out. Depending on your level of skill and how active you are on the project, you will receive acknowledgement during the credits scene in the "Special Thanks To" list, unlike the others who will be formally acknowledge.

The team has a total of 10 amazing people! Come on in and join in on the fun as well! :D
Well, thank you everyone. This is Phantom-chan, signing out!
Attachments
A promotional poster featuring the two main characters.
A promotional poster featuring the two main characters.
Logo of the Game made by the fabulous Ds-sans, who is an Eternal Phantom! :)
Logo of the Game made by the fabulous Ds-sans, who is an Eternal Phantom! :)
Last edited by Phantom-chan on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Happiness is what makes the world go round. Sadness and anger will lead to the end." -Celia Creed (Paper Airplane-Sent from Me to You)

Y.K

Re: Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Musicians and Artists

#2 Post by Y.K »

Private Messaged

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Artists

#3 Post by Ferdokki »

Hiya!

How detailed were you looking for the backgrounds to be? How many scenes did you need in total? And what kind of art style?

Phantom-chan
Regular

#4 Post by Phantom-chan »

Ferdokki wrote:Hiya!

How detailed were you looking for the backgrounds to be? How many scenes did you need in total? And what kind of art style?
Eh? Um... Well, the team wants this visual novel to be really well made so we're looking for something that's somewhat above average. It doesn't have to be something amazing like the backgrounds from any of the Key games, but it would be nice if they were certainly decent. :) For the amount in total (I'm assuming you mean just plain backgrounds), there is roughly about 16 needed. For an art style, I suppose something that someone would see in a usual anime/manga/visual novel. :? Are you asking because you are intersted in joining the team, or were you just curious? :lol:

Phantom-chan
Regular

#5 Post by Phantom-chan »

I thought I'd list the people of my team, their status on the project, what job they are doing, and some basic info on them, :) (You can find more info on them on our website: http://phantomchanx.wix.com/eternal-pha ... toms/u4b01)

Phantom-chan
JOB: Lead writer
BASIC INFO: I'm a sophomore in high school with way too many ideas inside a tiny peanut called my brain. I have tried to make things before in the past, including visual novels, but I've never actually completed them. So many people have often told me that I couldn't do it and that I should wait until I graduate. But I can't wait! I need to start doing what I can now. I'm that one guy who has, like, absolutely no self-esteem or self-confidence; so I feel like if I don't at least practice or study something, I won't be able to mentally keep up in my future career. Anyways! I fight back at the world with a whole lot of bad puns!

Kevin L.
JOB: Grammar nazi
BASIC INFO: Hey! I’m a senior in high school who wants to help make and write visual novels! I was inspired by Katawa Shoujo (which you REALLY need to read if you haven’t) to get into the whole visual novel scene. I’m not sure what I want to study in college or do as a career after, but I know it’ll be something fun that I enjoy :]

Cowhai
JOB: Writer
BASIC INFO: Moo~ Cowhai speaking. Uhm, I’m really shy so I don’t know what to say. I’m in 10th grade, and I’m going to be in Sr. High soon. I started writing fanfiction when I was 11 and still trying to keep this up but I’m not that active anymore. I particularly love books about WWII. I love to eat but I don’t know how to cook. People tell me I’m a tsundere but I beg to differ for I consider myself as a kuu. I have really bad eyesight so I always wear my glasses (especially when I’m outside). I’m not the best but I will try my best to be the best :)

Angelica
JOB: Fashion designer, colorist
BASIC INFO: Hi I am Anna! :) I’m a awkward 17 year-old girl who likes... well the following above (kekeke). But mostly I love art. I love how it is made, shown and interpreted. And I draw, basically. And I am inspired by the many artists that never stopped pursuing their passion. Maybe that's the reason why I choose Multimedia arts as my field of study. For a laidback person like me, I have not yet decided what I want to be after college. So as of now, my goals are to improve my skills in art, graduate college (fighting! 0w0)/ ) and help the team in what ever way I can. Thank you for reading!

Azumi
JOB: Sprite artist, CG artist
BASIC INFO: Hi there! A pleasure to meet y'all. Just call me Azumi, I enjoy drawing both traditional and digital, which was I use drawing as my temporary escape in reality. Currently striving to survive college and hopefully I'll be able to improve more of my drawing skills in the future. Watching the night sky and being at peace also gave me motivation. Such tranquility... How about you, what are the things that gives you motivation? o 7 o

Ito
JOB: Character designer, CG artist
BASIC INFO: My name is Ito, nice to meet you all! I am a german artist with a love for VN's and BL which poses a natural talent in clumsiness. Most of the time you see me draw/read manga or simply try my best to not get a bad route in Visual Novels. Once i start a new game, i end up playing till I finish something. Though this means I usually end up without sleeping but luckily, I need to wear glasses so it’s not really noticeable. At least one thing I am grateful for needing them haha.

CAT
JOB: Composer
BASIC INFO: Hello, I have recently finished college and settled into a nice job. With my free time I would like to help make music for various projects. I am always trying to progress musically through daily practice and trying new sounds.

Y.K
JOB: Composer
BASIC INFO: Hello. Nice to meet you. I like good stories and good music as they are a cathartic experience.

Ds-sans
JOB: Programmer, GUI artist, Logo artist
BASIC INFO: I'm a 16 year old Welsh lad, who watches anime and makes visual novels. I'm currently studying science but I'm not exactly "super-smart". I got into anime and visual novels a few years ago and I've always wanted to have a crack at making some. Being Welsh people ask about my accent but I wouldn't consider myself to have one. (Swt wyt ti? - That means "How are you?") I can hardly speak Welsh anyway, I got a C in my GCSE exam. Back on topic, I like to create things and work with people, so I've been aspiring to work with a team since I learnt to code with Ren'Py. I also create logos and write, and I enjoy both. In general, I'd say I'm a pretty chill person.

Mavyx Dawn
JOB: Programmer
BASIC INFO: I'm a 19 year old girl from the Philippines. I like programming, math and logic. Yep, I'm weird that way. Oh. And I'm also taking computer science. I dream that someday I'll become a game developer (and make games for VR! XD). I'm a fan of Otome VN and Mystery VN. I do not like reading nor writing but VN is an exception. Cuz VN is <3

And there you go! This is the lovely team of Eternal Phantoms. :) Not everyone is active at the moment since they have their own things to do and because the project is still in early development, but we're a strange and funny bunch! We always welcome volunteers (not exactly members) for various jobs. However, we will gladly welcome any BG artist as a member or a volunteer! (hopefully member, because we want you)
"Happiness is what makes the world go round. Sadness and anger will lead to the end." -Celia Creed (Paper Airplane-Sent from Me to You)

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#6 Post by crystalscm »

I would like to help, but I specialize in writing and editing (more so editing than writing) than doing artwork. However, I do know a few BG artists up my sleeve, but I don't know if they are (1) too busy with other projects and (2) if the plot appeals to them enough that they are willing to work at this game.

Phantom-chan
Regular

#7 Post by Phantom-chan »

crystalscm wrote:I would like to help, but I specialize in writing and editing (more so editing than writing) than doing artwork. However, I do know a few BG artists up my sleeve, but I don't know if they are (1) too busy with other projects and (2) if the plot appeals to them enough that they are willing to work at this game.
Actually, (this is rather funny) I was planning on asking you to volunteer as an editor for this project. XD
I haven't asked you yet because I was debating whether or not I should ask you now, or later on when all of the script/dialogue was finished. But, well now you know! XD

In regards to your BG artist acquaintances (or whatever relationship you have with them), I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask them to at least look at the project. If they can't/don't want to help, I can understand why for various reasons, but at least they can look at the project and consider it. :)

crystalscm
Regular

#8 Post by crystalscm »

Phantom-chan wrote: Actually, (this is rather funny) I was planning on asking you to volunteer as an editor for this project. XD
I haven't asked you yet because I was debating whether or not I should ask you now, or later on when all of the script/dialogue was finished. But, well now you know! XD

In regards to your BG artist acquaintances (or whatever relationship you have with them), I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to ask them to at least look at the project. If they can't/don't want to help, I can understand why for various reasons, but at least they can look at the project and consider it. :)
Oh, wow! I actually would love to (I would love to edit all your projects, actually... although, if I do that, that would probably make me a member of your organization, and I don't know if you want/need more people in there. I'd love to join though if I can lol) edit your project!

Yeah, one of them seems pretty busy (She's working for me on a project of mine, and she has requests from friends, etc.). The other one is still working to get used to digital art (she is really good at traditional paper-and-pencil art though!) Though, I don't know how much she has used digital art since she first got a tablet, because I haven't stayed in touch for a while.

However, I can certainly ask them :wink:

Phantom-chan
Regular

#9 Post by Phantom-chan »

crystalscm wrote:
Oh, wow! I actually would love to (I would love to edit all your projects, actually... although, if I do that, that would probably make me a member of your organization, and I don't know if you want/need more people in there. I'd love to join though if I can lol) edit your project!

Yeah, one of them seems pretty busy (She's working for me on a project of mine, and she has requests from friends, etc.). The other one is still working to get used to digital art (she is really good at traditional paper-and-pencil art though!) Though, I don't know how much she has used digital art since she first got a tablet, because I haven't stayed in touch for a while.

However, I can certainly ask them :wink:
Yay, I'm really glad! Thank you so much! :D
In regards to joining our organization, you are most certainly welcome! :) Someone with your skill would be a great asset to our visual novel and would most definitely improve the quality of it. I also prefer the saying of "the more the merrier", especially in regards to visual novel projects due to the fact that something can always come up IRL which would cause a delay in certain areas. (I've been waiting for months for my grammar nazi and proofreader to go over what I have done so far and they STILL haven't done it. XD) I will pm you later today to explain how the team works and how we communicate. :D

crystalscm
Regular

#10 Post by crystalscm »

Phantom-chan wrote: Yay, I'm really glad! Thank you so much! :D
In regards to joining our organization, you are most certainly welcome! :) Someone with your skill would be a great asset to our visual novel and would most definitely improve the quality of it. I also prefer the saying of "the more the merrier", especially in regards to visual novel projects due to the fact that something can always come up IRL which would cause a delay in certain areas. (I've been waiting for months for my grammar nazi and proofreader to go over what I have done so far and they STILL haven't done it. XD) I will pm you later today to explain how the team works and how we communicate. :D
Haha, I should tell you that I'm extremely strict when it comes to grammar, spelling, and the general flow (my friends are always mad at me about how I always spam comments on their essays, but then later come back to me saying thank you because I helped them edit their papers :p)

Also (I don't mean to boast) I do work really fast (and efficient xP), I'll get it done in (probably; depending on the length of the chapters and stuff) no time flat. So, you'd better look forward to it~

Sure, I look forward to the PM to see how stuff works!

crystalscm

Phantom-chan
Regular

Re: Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Artists and Potential Musc

#11 Post by Phantom-chan »

Greetings and salutations, internet! I am currently looking for a DEDICATED and ACTIVE musician. The team is most likely going to have to remove one of them due to the incapability of working consistently and frequently. There are no deadlines, but the game is becoming rather long and our one musician can't handle everything on his own.

We are looking for someone who can match up with our current musicians theme, mainly pianists and/or anything in the strings family (preferably violins, harps, and possibly guitar depending on how it is played).

Phantom-chan
Regular

Re: Eternal Phantoms: Looking for Artists and Proofreaders

#12 Post by Phantom-chan »

Greetings and salutations, internet! I am currently looking for a DEDICATED and ACTIVE proofreader. The team had lost another member today due to the incapability of working consistently and frequently now or in the future. There are no deadlines since the team is very flexible and understanding, but the story is rather long and our one active proofreader can't handle everything on her own.

Otoke_Neko
Regular
Completed: Touching Grass with Ain, STLP, Steamed Fish
Tumblr: OTOJANG!, Otoke Neko
Deviantart: OtomeNekos
itch: otojang
Discord: otokeneko

#13 Post by Otoke_Neko »

I can help you proofread as long as it's English. I have a lot of free time right now.
I love doing sprites! :lol: And VN scenes!

My Carrd: https://otokeneko.carrd.co/

Phantom-chan
Regular

#14 Post by Phantom-chan »

OtomeNekos wrote:I can help you proofread as long as it's English. I have a lot of free time right now.
Ah, that would be lovely. :D The entire project is in English, so there will be no problems. :) I will PM you later this week (possibly tomorrow morning) explaining the details and such. Thank you so much for your interest and participation. :)

Jarick

#15 Post by Jarick »

Hey fam, I'm down with proof reading. I'm also a writer but it looks like you've got that covered. I have some free time since summer's coming up and it's too hot to leave my house.