Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CrimsonChains
Regular
Projects: Blood for the Blood God: A Dating Sim
Tumblr: Crimson-Chains

Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB][DEMO]

#1 Post by CrimsonChains »

UPDATE! 07/05/2016 OFFICIAL DEMO IS AVAILABLE!
OVERVIEW
Blood for Blood God:A Dating Sim is a VN game where you have the option of dating or killing 4 bachelors. You will be immediately locked onto one of the bachelors routes depending on who you choose to follow. The story features narrative in second person, allowing for sassy narration and humor. There is a large emphasis on humor as well as story in this game, with the player given some unusual choices to make. The game also features 3 different narrative styles based on which route you choose due to 3 different writers using their own humor and commentary when they write the route.
STORY
You are a creature created by the Blood God to track down his former three servants, Beelzebabe, Lucifine, and Asstaroth. He sends you out to our world in order to eliminate them. If you fail to do so, then the Blood God will turn you back into blood. Eager to fulfill your duties and prove yourself to your creator, you quickly find the three servants. Like a bunch of idiots they all were living in the same city, but well, it makes your job a heck of a lot easier. Unfortunately they prove to be too powerful to take down head on. You must earn their trust, their friendship...perhaps even their love. Will you betray the man who created you? Betray the men who trust you? Who will you become?

CHARACTERS
Main Character (MC)
Gender is unspecified, uses They and Them pronouns
A creature made of blood. Your only mission in life is to hunt down the three servants.

Blood God
Your creator, the master of Blood. He seeks the blood of those who betrayed him.
Personality: Inadvertently flirtatious and playful
Lucifine
A former servant of the Blood God. Wants to live life freely and without restrictions.
Works as a low ranking member in an organized crime syndicate. Views MC as a lost soul, wants to teach them how to live freely.
Personality: He's trash. Quick to tease.
Asstaroth
A nerd who spends his time longingly gazing into pet store windows. He's a former servant of the Blood God.
A little on the quiet side, he's hard to understand. Has an ass that won't quit. Sees MC as a fellow reptile enthusiast and happily takes them under his wing.
Personality: Quirky. Has a pet snake.
Beelzebabe
Former servant of the Blood God, he now works in a local cafe which boasts a 'wide variety of butlers.'
Tall, but low in self confidence and rather timid, he wants to be a chef. However, his food, while aesthetically pleasing, is completely toxic. Immediately likes MC since they are able to eat his food without dying.
Personality: A bit of a cry baby. Gentle and kindhearted. Cheerful.
SCREEN SHOTS
GAG DEMO
A short demo that lets you know how the humor and art look.
https://crimson-chains.itch.io/blood-fo ... d-gag-demo
OFFICIAL DEMO
The official Demo! Let's you get to know the 4 bachelors and game style!
https://crimson-chains.itch.io/blood-fo ... g-sim-demo
PREFUNDIA
The prefundia page that lists out rewards and goals for the eventual Kickstarter page
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/bloo ... -god/9670/
PROGRESS
Currently the game is in very early stages. There will be about 7 chapters per bachelor and about 5 endings for each bachelor as well. Good/Bad for dating Bachelor, Good/Bad for Killing Bachelor, and 1 neutral ending. Tentative release date is June 2017 at the earliest. I do not have a set number of CGs right now, but I would like to make at least one for each ending and one for every chapter.
QUESTIONS
Hello, I would first like to thank you for reading this post! It means a lot that you have even a little interest in this project.
Second of all, I would like to hear if you think a game like this appeals to you or not.
Is the art acceptable?
Do the rewards and goal seem achievable?
If you could donate, which tier would you go for?
Which character seems the most appealing so far?
Would you kill any of them?
Are there any questions you have about the game?
Comments?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!
Last edited by CrimsonChains on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

Re: Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB]

#2 Post by Amy_oai »

Is the art acceptable?
It looks gorgeous! So yes, yes it is :D

Since you're offering physical rewards, I'd say work that into the budget as well. (Unless you actually have the quotes on that already, or there's a seperate budget for it, then ignore me :P)

Beelzebabe. For his name and his personality. (actually, all the names are amazing)

Uhh, would need to see how the full story goes before I murder, I guess? The Bloodgod seems fun, but would I kill for him? Who knows.

Not at this moment, no!

This seems like it could be a really fun game, good luck and I'll be watching development closely ^o^
Image Image Image Image

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#3 Post by Rainbow Colors »

CrimsonChains wrote: Blood for Blood God:A Dating Sim is a VN game where you have the option of dating or killing 4 bachelors.
that's it, i'm sold

1. The art's not just acceptable - it's great! At the very least, I find it appealing >u>
2. I'm not sure about the rewards and goals, mostly because I've never tried donating to a kickstarter (I can't D:) So I ahve nothing to say here >.>
3. In terms of looks, the most appealing character for me would be Lucifine (he lives up to his name). But I'm quite interested in the Blood God.
4. I probably won't, but I never really know when the mood strikes :) (//shot)

(And I agree, the names are amazing XDD ^^)

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

CrimsonChains
Regular

#4 Post by CrimsonChains »

Wow, thanks so much!!!
So surprised and so happy to get a reply so soon!! OwO

First of all, such a relief to hear the art is well liked ;w;
I worry a lot since I can't make really beautiful backgrounds...but I like to think they are at least competent XD

In terms of production for physical rewards, I do have 1,000 set aside in the Goal section for making the products :D
I hope that will be good enough, I did some quick calculations based on rough quotes.

Hahaha, good to hear that Lucifine, Beelzebabe, and Blood God are getting some love!

Yeah, I kinda figure the killing feature might not be used by too many. I hope that at least having the option at least sounds appealing though? : O

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FEEDBACK!!!

Arkhane
Regular

#5 Post by Arkhane »

Is the art acceptable?
I luv it

I don't know.

The 6 eyes crimson guy
Lucifine isn't far behind on looks

I don't know. But yes, if it's the only way to keep the handsome crimson male. Even if I'm not fond of this solution

Right now, none.

Comments?
YES!
I played the demo and I'm still holding my sides. The sound is just too much! And the dialogs were nice too.
Especially, the endings titles.

Good luck and hope to have news soon :3

CrimsonChains
Regular

#6 Post by CrimsonChains »

Wow, thanks so much for giving the gag demo a try!! :D
The humor there is pretty much what you can expect from the real game, so, it's good to hear you found it to be amusing!
I hope you will enjoy the official demo when I am able to post that ^w^

Hehehe, it's really good to hear that Blood God has the kind of sex appeal I wanted for him >u<
And yes, unfortunately killing is the only way to keep on the Blood God's good side XD
Hurray for multiple save slots at least!

SNSeed

#7 Post by SNSeed »

Is the art acceptable?
It's more than acceptable, it's so beautiful.
They do, considering you're going for a year from now.
The goal is around the same I have seen others go for & the rewards are lower than others.
So I feel like you will have plenty rewards filling up in no time.
Lucifine, I love black hair on tough characters. He seems right up my alley.
I would kill Asstaroth, since he's not my type & the other two are too good looking.
That is, if I had to pick one.
I had one while reading the first post but I got very distracted by the gag demo, haha.
Comments?
I almost had a heart attack when it went from no sound to sound but I just about died of laughter by what you did with it.
I am ridiculously excited for this, the choices are all hilarious.
The story seems solid, the art is lovely, the characters seem fun, and the humour is perfect.
I would also like to thank you for making the gender the player's choice, I really appreciate it.
GxB is fine but sometimes it's nice to have the character the gender you want on a game you're excited about.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

Is the art acceptable?
It's freaking beautiful holy shit.
I don't know an awful lot about Kickstarter, but, I mean, $3800 isn't all that much, so I would think it should be fine. The rewards are fairly standard, but also pretty tempting (if I was actually able to donate I'd probably go for the Blood Martyr pack).
They're all interesting, but I've always been a fan of dark-haired guys, so I'll have to go with Lucifine.
I'm a completionist, so I would to get all of the endings. I'd probably try to date them first, though.
Where will this be released - Steam, itch.io, somewhere else?
Comments?
those names are fucking fantastic

CrimsonChains
Regular

#9 Post by CrimsonChains »

SNSeed wrote:Is the art acceptable?
It's more than acceptable, it's so beautiful.
awww, thanks so much, it makes me so happy to hear that you like it!! ;w;
SNSeed wrote:Do the rewards and goal seem achievable?
They do, considering you're going for a year from now.
The goal is around the same I have seen others go for & the rewards are lower than others.
So I feel like you will have plenty rewards filling up in no time.
Good to hear! :O
I know very little about kickstarter, so, I do hope that the tiers are appealing!
SNSeed wrote:Are there any questions you have about the game?
I had one while reading the first post but I got very distracted by the gag demo, haha.
Hahahaha, if you ever think of the question again, feel free to ask it! XD
CrimsonChains wrote:Comments?
I almost had a heart attack when it went from no sound to sound but I just about died of laughter by what you did with it.
I am ridiculously excited for this, the choices are all hilarious.
The story seems solid, the art is lovely, the characters seem fun, and the humour is perfect.
I would also like to thank you for making the gender the player's choice, I really appreciate it.
GxB is fine but sometimes it's nice to have the character the gender you want on a game you're excited about.
Thanks so much!! OuO
I'm happy that you like the humor and everything X3
I definitely wanted this game to have some sass and laughs XD
And no problem! :D
I also like it when games let you decide what gender the character is :3
Hope MC looks androgynous enough!

CrimsonChains
Regular

#10 Post by CrimsonChains »

Zelan wrote:Is the art acceptable?
It's freaking beautiful holy shit.
Awwww, you're making me blush! >w<
Very happy that you enjoy it! :D
Zelan wrote:Do the rewards and goal seem achievable?
I don't know an awful lot about Kickstarter, but, I mean, $3800 isn't all that much, so I would think it should be fine. The rewards are fairly standard, but also pretty tempting (if I was actually able to donate I'd probably go for the Blood Martyr pack).
Ooooh, good to know!!!
I should add that to one of my questions, what tier would you donate to if you could :O
Zelan wrote:Are there any questions you have about the game?
Where will this be released - Steam, itch.io, somewhere else?
Ah, I am hoping to release this game on steam as well as itch.io :D
Once the official demo is done, I'm going to submit the idea to steam greenlight and see if I can get approval :O
If nothing else though, it will be available through Itch.io :3
Zelan wrote:Comments?
those names are fucking fantastic
Hahaha, thank you very much, I'm glad you appreciate their names XD

SpaceToast
Projects: Iridescent
Organization: Late Night Cookie Crew

#11 Post by SpaceToast »

This game. All the name humor. I feel like if we ever talked we would get along awesomely XD This is totally going to be a game I'm excited to play!

CrimsonChains
Regular

#12 Post by CrimsonChains »

SpaceToast wrote:This game. All the name humor. I feel like if we ever talked we would get along awesomely XD This is totally going to be a game I'm excited to play!
Hahaha, if you enjoy dumb name puns as much as I do, then yes, I'm sure we'd get along splendidly XD
I'm happy that you are excited! :D
I hope that the game will not disappoint~

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#13 Post by MoonByte »

I would like to hear if you think a game like this appeals to you or not.
As someone that enjoys dark humour as well as grotesk stuff, I definitely love anything about a blood god xD

Is the art acceptable?
The art looks awesome!

Well, I have seen a lot of kickstarter projects and your tiers are all pretty...low?
I mean, you give the game out already at 5$, most start at 15 or 20. I assume, you might actually get a lot of backers by doing that, it is still an interesting decision. but yes, it seems achievable.

I am preparing for an expensive exchange term, so I will not be able to join in on the fun, but I would - at most - invest 20$ in any game project unless it is something that I have long been desperately waiting for (and only Dreamfall: Chapters had conquered that out of all the games I have supported so far since I am a longtime fan of the series). But up to 20$ would be in it from my side, IF I would invest.
BUT as someone that lives in europe, I assume that the stickers would be expensive for me due to postal fees (and I personally have no actual interest in wallpapers), so I would probably stick with 5$ unless the demo is so good that I'd give away the money for the cause.

The Blood God. I just love gore and grotesk, yet sexy creatures. All those eyes, the grin, the long hair. He's just so perfect.
On a close second spot would be Lucifine, simply because he looks sexy.

Yes, but only because I am someone that always wants every ending. Spontanously, I'd say I would first romance all, then kill all. BUT if one of the characters is unexpectedly annoying, then I might switch the order around :P
Beelzebabe with his crying might fulfill that, but I don't know yet, I'd have to see them in action.

Do you have an actual time plan in mind about when it should be finished? The fund-page says that there's gonna be a legit demo beginning of july, but when will it probably be done?

CrimsonChains
Regular

#14 Post by CrimsonChains »

MoonByte wrote:I would like to hear if you think a game like this appeals to you or not.
As someone that enjoys dark humour as well as grotesk stuff, I definitely love anything about a blood god xD

Is the art acceptable?
The art looks awesome!

Well, I have seen a lot of kickstarter projects and your tiers are all pretty...low?
I mean, you give the game out already at 5$, most start at 15 or 20. I assume, you might actually get a lot of backers by doing that, it is still an interesting decision. but yes, it seems achievable.

I am preparing for an expensive exchange term, so I will not be able to join in on the fun, but I would - at most - invest 20$ in any game project unless it is something that I have long been desperately waiting for (and only Dreamfall: Chapters had conquered that out of all the games I have supported so far since I am a longtime fan of the series). But up to 20$ would be in it from my side, IF I would invest.
BUT as someone that lives in europe, I assume that the stickers would be expensive for me due to postal fees (and I personally have no actual interest in wallpapers), so I would probably stick with 5$ unless the demo is so good that I'd give away the money for the cause.

The Blood God. I just love gore and grotesk, yet sexy creatures. All those eyes, the grin, the long hair. He's just so perfect.
On a close second spot would be Lucifine, simply because he looks sexy.

Yes, but only because I am someone that always wants every ending. Spontanously, I'd say I would first romance all, then kill all. BUT if one of the characters is unexpectedly annoying, then I might switch the order around :P
Beelzebabe with his crying might fulfill that, but I don't know yet, I'd have to see them in action.

Do you have an actual time plan in mind about when it should be finished? The fund-page says that there's gonna be a legit demo beginning of july, but when will it probably be done?

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback! OuO

Hmmm, first of all, about the rewards and tiers, I also thought that 5 dollars might be too cheap for the full game. However, I'm planning to sell this game at about 5 dollars, therefore donating 5 dollars should also get you the game? I'm still not sure about this tier, maybe it would be wiser to put it at 15 dollars and make that tier free game plus some other reward?

Thanks for being honest about what you think you'd be able to donate!
I understand it's difficult to deal with physical rewards with overseas backers, since postage can get so expensive.
I'm wondering if it would then be better to make physical rewards, even things as small as stickers, a higher tier so that shipping would be included in the donation price? It's a weird balance to think about, though, since I would like things like stickers to be below wallpapers and things that take me more time to draw...hmmmmm....I will think about it more :O

Ah, yes, I'm projecting the official demo to be out July 5th!
It's actually completely done right now, but there is no music, having some trouble communicating with our music staff member. If worse comes to worse I will just release the demo without music. So, no matter what expect it to be out on July 5th! :D
The actual game itself has no real release date, but next June is what I am projecting that at :U

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST!!!
I hope you will enjoy the demo when it comes out!

EuphoniousChaos

#15 Post by EuphoniousChaos »

Is the art acceptable?
Definitely! It's gorgeous from what I've seen!

I've never done a Kickstarter before, so I'm not exactly sure. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful in this area!

I'd probably go for the Blood Hound ($10) tier. I'm usually pretty broke and I like stickers so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally like the Blood God the best but the others (especially Beelzebabe) seem really cute too!

I like to get all the endings in dating sims so yes, but I might feel bad for a little when I kill the nicer ones lol.

Not right now, everything seems pretty clear so far.

Comments?
I'm super excited to see where this game goes, the art is beautiful and the story is super compelling so far! Also all of the guys are super cute so that's a plus! (I played the gag demo as well, and the music part was so great omg I was dying) Good luck and great work so far! Super excited to see it all progress over time!