Versatile Freelance Artist - Characters, CGs, BGs, Items

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: Blackberry Honey, Mermaid of Zennor, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicles of Mars, etc.
Deviantart: Renmiou

Versatile Freelance Artist - Characters, CGs, BGs, Items

#1 Post by Renmiou »

Hello!

I'm a freelance artist looking for commercial projects - I've worked on several games, recent highlights include a second set of sprites and CGs for Hanakogames' Black Closet, sprites and CGs for Rising Angels: Hope, an expanded remake of Rising Angels: The Red Rose, and character art and backgrounds for 'tuesday', an atmospheric short story. I've also contributed art to Ebihime's Blackberry Honey (CGs and additional sprites). You can visit my portfolio by clicking the image below or simply by visiting portfolio.renmiou.com
Some services I'm offering are:
  • Character Design
  • Character Sprites
  • Event Illustrations/CGs
  • Background Art
I can provide just sketches, just line-art, or polished coloured drawings depending on what you're looking for. The ballpark in terms of prices is usually $73-$389/£60-£300 for one polished character sprite (depending on the amount of alternative outfits, poses and expressions), $125-$650/£100-£500 for a CG (depending on the amount of detail, resolution and characters - the biggest I've drawn having 10 characters), and $125-$650/£100-500 for backgrounds. If you would like a quick price quote, just send me a note or an email at renmiou.art@gmail.com with a description of what you're after and I will reply within three working days.
I ask that the client pays in British Pounds or for the conversion fees to be paid by the client. I lay out the amount of revisions I will perform at any stage of the process when I discuss an estimate, any additional revision past those will incur in an additional fee (also detailed in the estimate).
I also ask that the client pays 50% upfront, though I am flexible on how exactly this is done in the case of bigger projects (eg: half the payment for the sprites first, then half at completion, then half for the BGs upfront, etc., etc.).

I am NOT currently available for free collaborations, speculative work or profit-sharing.

Here's some examples of character art that I've done for VNs:

Here's some examples of event CGs:

Here's another couple of examples including some painterly portraits and a VN background:

I don't have huge hang-ups about content: I don't have a problem with light erotic content, battle scenes or any sort of pairing you can think of (I see this mentioned in other portfolios, but it's kind of a no-brainer, for me...). I would advise you describe your content to me before we go into negotiations if you think your story is so extreme I might run away screaming: I didn't have the courage to even watch trailers for "The Human Centipede", if that helps you gauge my tolerance levels.

If you decide to work with me, you can expect this sort of process:

For this image I was asked to mimic another artist's style, so that my CGs could fit with someone else's sprites.
After I have the description of what the client wants (and preferably some reference images) I will provide quick thumbnails to give a choice of composition. Then, I will do a colour comp/coloured sketch. After that, I'll ink the drawing (I didn't ink the background in this example as I often make it more painterly than the rest of the image) and proceed with the final colouring. I will make sure to obtain approval from the client at every step.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Last edited by Renmiou on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:32 am, edited 10 times in total.

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: The End of an Actress (sprite art), Blackberry Honey (contributing CG artist), Rising Angels: Hope, Black Closet, Tuesday, Chronicle Of Mars, Tristan & Iseult, Heiress II
Projects: Blackberry Honey, Mermaid of Zennor, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicles of Mars, etc.

Re: Professional Freelance Artist with Versatile Style

#2 Post by Renmiou »

Updating with a group fan art commission.

Renmiou
Regular

#3 Post by Renmiou »

Marco sprite from "Dear And Mine" https://deevisser.itch.io/dear-and-mine

Renmiou
Regular

#4 Post by Renmiou »

Updating with another commission piece, this time for Dino Games Designs, based on their specs.
Attachments
Commission for Dino Games Designs
Commission for Dino Games Designs

Renmiou
Regular

#5 Post by Renmiou »

Prices updated and now lowered to reflect the exchange rate between the Pound and the Dollar.

Renmiou
Regular

Re: Freelance Artist with Versatile Style (Prices Update)

#6 Post by Renmiou »

Updating with a recent sprite commission for an unreleased project, with animated eyes.

Renmiou
Regular

Re: Freelance Artist with Versatile Style (Prices Update)

#7 Post by Renmiou »

Updating with a few examples of items. Commission for an unreleased project.

Renmiou
Regular

Re: Versatile Freelance Artist - Characters, CGs, BGs, Items

#8 Post by Renmiou »

Updating with a commission CG for Ebihime:

Renmiou
Regular

#9 Post by Renmiou »

Recent CG commission, with a tad more background elements.

Renmiou
Regular

#10 Post by Renmiou »

I'm currently resuming commissions. Here's a CG I did for Blackberry Honey.