Character set (22.jan-new character added)

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mirena
Regular
Completed: Vortex

Character set (22.jan-new character added)

#1 Post by Mirena »

First off, something I'm really missing in this forum is a stickied thread with a list of resources that are free to use. I think it might be a good idea to make one (regardless of the fact that the wiki has a similar section). It would certainly make resources easier to find, for newbies and regulars alike.

And now, the reason for this topic. Here's a character set that's free to use for those of you needing graphics for noncommercial projects. A cute purple-haired girl with a stuffed bunny. I hope someone likes her.

The file can be downloaded from here (my website): http://www.freewebs.com/creativity-unli ... isunov.htm
Note: you may need winRar to extract the file, it's free though.

EDIT:
New character added, a blonde woman this time. Link is still the same, of course.
Attachments
Preview of the expressions.
Preview of the expressions.
Woman.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
Preview of all the expressions.
Preview of all the expressions.
Last edited by Mirena on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Support Hero

Re: Character set (and a suggestion!)

#2 Post by Jake »

Mirena wrote:First off, something I'm really missing in this forum is a stickied thread with a list of resources that are free to use.
Incidentally, other threads that have covered that kind of idea have popped up from time to time. There was a long-running one here which covered all kinds of things and I believe was what formed the basis of the original Wiki page, and some sound-and-music stuff here...

Personally, I think the best approach is probably for people to update the Wiki, and point there from here, but I'm too [busy|lazy|distracted] at the moment finishing off Yuyuko to spend too much time on it myself. :/
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

Seems you're added already:
http://www.renpy.org/wiki/community/Resource_Links

And I love that sprite set, it's very charming!

Incidentally, it matches the watercolor style of the male sprites listed just above the link.
(*Cough* anyone out there want to make a remake of 'My Two Dads' but with a postmodern twist (*cough again*... BL hint hint) just in time for Nanoreno... ha...)

To note: The link in the sidebar doesn't point to Resource_Links, it only points to Resources. Someone please fix the hack redirection I made.

dreamer

#4 Post by dreamer »

could somebody add this pleaz? http://animerd2k2.net/artwerkz.htm coz I'm lazy

Mirena
Regular
Completed: Vortex

#5 Post by Mirena »

Oh, haha. That was kind of unexpected. :3
And I'm glad you liked the set, DaFool.

Stay tuned for more~

Ren

#6 Post by Ren »

Really pretty, i like the colour scheme too!
Nyargh, I have to add mine too, there's a link only to the old version with much less stuff...

Mirena (lazy mode)

Re: Character set (22.jan-new character added)

#7 Post by Mirena (lazy mode) »

Uhh.. new char added. A few days ago. xD (I knew I should have this post back then..)

madquest8
Regular

#8 Post by madquest8 »

This is great, I've got three women and some backgrounds now..all for free....

Thats enough to throw a game together!! :mrgreen:

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by DaFool »

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/community/Resource_Links

Is there anyone I missed?

Note that a layered psd file is not a 'doll' set, because I consider a doll set as an extension pack for some dedicated program such as ALICE. Thus most contributions are listed as character packs, and each creator can specify whether they want to prohibit editing or not.

Jake
Support Hero

#10 Post by Jake »

DaFool wrote:Note that a layered psd file is not a 'doll' set, because I consider a doll set as an extension pack for some dedicated program such as ALICE. Thus most contributions are listed as character packs, and each creator can specify whether they want to prohibit editing or not.
This seems a pretty ridiculous distinction, to me. Why is a set of PNGs with a base body and separate clothes and accessories - for example - suddenly a different thing when you include a metadata file that allows you to use it in something like ALICE? To my mind, a "doll set" is a set of graphics which can be combined in different permutations to make different character graphics, where a "character pack" is a set of pre-made graphics which allow no customisation. It shouldn't matter which format the doll set comes in, just that it's customisable - the functionality is more of a characteristic than that it happens to be a data file for a particular program.

So Mirena's stuff here, sure, would be a character pack, but Deji's would be a doll pack, to my eye. If we really need ALICE stuff to be separate, then maybe there could be a subheading under Doll Packs for ALICE dolls in particular.

Alternate interpretation: Deji's work is a doll pack for that notorious paper-doll program "Photoshop". :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found