Bog (GxB, Comedy, Fantasy, Tragedy) DEMO AVAILABLE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YourGeekGoddess
Regular
Projects: Bog
Deviantart: YourGeekGoddess
Soundcloud: YourGeekGoddess

Bog (GxB, Comedy, Fantasy, Tragedy) DEMO AVAILABLE

#1 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

EDIT 2/15/17 Demo is available for download: https://bog.divinegames.studio/download

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce that project Bog is underway! This story is actually based on a nightmare I had a few years ago, but the story is actually mostly pleasant- oblivious to danger, even.

Synopsis:
Our heroine Lily is engaged to be wed to the powerful Julius Von Mugwort, as per her people's customs in the bog. Impulsively, she leaves him at the alter and breaks for the outside world.
"Humans are nice, right?"

The story takes place over five days, focusing on Lily's new life as Aura. Discover the simple things- the most beautiful.

Characters :
Lily/ Aura
15/f- main
Aura is a rowdy and free spirit. She is a child who lives on impulse. People have a hard time keeping up with her, which makes Aura lonelier than she'd ever admit. Aura is flora, which means she needs protection to survive in the Bog. But what of the outside?
Julius Von Mugwort
(?)/m- primary antagonist
No one knows his date of birth or when he rose to power and popularity. Julius is sociable, wealthy, and influential- every girl's dream. Julius was betrothed to young Aura, and will do anything to get her back alive.
Anthur Von Mugwort:
19/m- minor antagonist/ possible bachelor
Julius' son. Sent to trail Aura after her escape. He has his own agenda.
Oliver:
16/m-main role/possible bachelor
Oliver is the young general storekeeper in town. He and aura have a surprising connection. Kind, passive, and hardworking.
Elliot:
13/m-main role/ possible bachelor
Lyles' son. He is very smart, and he knows it. His condescending boorish commentary can be frustrating, but he just likes to tease. Elliot thinks one way and acts another. Very spoiled prince type, for such humble beginnings.
Lyles:
46/m- minor role
Lyles is the innkeeper of the town Aura stumbles on. He is a hearty and generous man.
Mint:30/f-minor role
Mint is Aura's benevolent altruistic mother. She wants only the best, but does not see eye-to-eye with Aura. The very manifestation of femininity.
Willow:
forever25/f-minor role
Mint's sister. Trend savvy, assertive, and loud. She ages like fine wine, but she'll always tell you she's 25.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter! Facebook: Divine Games Studio Twitter: @DGStudioVN
Last edited by YourGeekGoddess on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 am, edited 13 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Bog (GxB, Comedy, Fantasy)

#2 Post by Zelan »

I'm afraid I can't fill in any of those positions that you need, but this project looks pretty cool! I'll be watching for this one. ^_^

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#3 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Zelan wrote:I'm afraid I can't fill in any of those positions that you need, but this project looks pretty cool! I'll be watching for this one. ^_^
Thanks, that means a lot! ^^

KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

#4 Post by KittyWills »

This looks so cute! I love the design of the MC. I just want to squish her, she's so adorable. lol Good luck on your progress. I'll be following this one. =D

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#5 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

KittyWills wrote:This looks so cute! I love the design of the MC. I just want to squish her, she's so adorable. lol Good luck on your progress. I'll be following this one. =D
:'D Thank you! Your feedback is much appreciated~

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#6 Post by Amy_oai »

This looks really great! The designs are amazing; I'm really loving the colors (especially Anthur's color scheme).
Good luck with this!
Image Image Image Image

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#7 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Amy_oai wrote:This looks really great! The designs are amazing; I'm really loving the colors (especially Anthur's color scheme).
Good luck with this!
Thank you! I didn't draw them, but I can take 90% of the design credit! hehehe.

Doesn't Anthur just look like he's from the fire nation though? It cracks me up. :')

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

YourGeekGoddess wrote:
Amy_oai wrote:This looks really great! The designs are amazing; I'm really loving the colors (especially Anthur's color scheme).
Good luck with this!
Thank you! I didn't draw them, but I can take 90% of the design credit! hehehe.

Doesn't Anthur just look like he's from the fire nation though? It cracks me up. :')
oh my gosh i can't unsee it now

Lizzie
Projects: Stargazer
Organization: Astral Circus
Tumblr: lizziethepenguin

#9 Post by Lizzie »

This looks so adorable :shock:
The art is really cute (ugh, I love Arthur's design, it's so pleasant to look at! Also, Elliot looks like a beautiful cinnamon roll).
I'll be following the game's development for sure!

Good luck!

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#10 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Lizzie wrote:This looks so adorable :shock:
The art is really cute (ugh, I love Arthur's design, it's so pleasant to look at! Also, Elliot looks like a beautiful cinnamon roll).
I'll be following the game's development for sure!

Good luck!

Aww, why thank you! A cinnamon roll huh? Well if you only knew the things our team has put Elliot through. lololol

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#11 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

UPDATE:
Aura's sprite is done for now with nine expressions and three poses So many more than that now. SO MANY.

Music, script and other assets are going according to schedule.

GUI works in progress seen below. c:

Background and sprites in this screenshot are final, but GUI elements are still being tweaked.
Last edited by YourGeekGoddess on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#12 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Hey guys! Our demo will be out within a month! Also I've updated Julius and Elliot's sprite. More coming your way all the time~ Thanks!

Also if you can please help us out with a quick response to some riddles: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=39204

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

Quick Response Needed For Riddle Game

#13 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Looking for master riddle solvers. Please pm me~

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#14 Post by Ran08 »

Right now, I love everything except for the backgrounds. :") Though to be fair, I can only see one, and it's only a test background, so... yep.

Ahem. Anyway, this looks really cute! The art looks lovely and the premise sounds quite interesting too. My only problem is, I feel like I'm way too old for this game, omg. Hahahaha. I mean, okay, Elliot may be a bit cute, but my goodness, at 13, he's like... like, a BABY for me. HAHAHA. My lil' bruh is 15 and yet I still think of him as a child (and I totally still see him as a kid, though he's already taller than I am). Definitely going for the safest choice here. Hi Anthur. Guess I'm stuck with you, huh. =)))

Even the protagonist, 15-year-old Aura, feels so young! Gaaah, so hard to relate to the younger teens once you've reached your late teens. Haha.

Good luck! Super sorry I can't help you with anything though. T___T I am not a good riddle solver, let alone a master solver!

YourGeekGoddess
Regular

#15 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Ran08 wrote:Right now, I love everything except for the backgrounds. :") Though to be fair, I can only see one, and it's only a test background, so... yep.

Ahem. Anyway, this looks really cute! The art looks lovely and the premise sounds quite interesting too. My only problem is, I feel like I'm way too old for this game, omg. Hahahaha. I mean, okay, Elliot may be a bit cute, but my goodness, at 13, he's like... like, a BABY for me. HAHAHA. My lil' bruh is 15 and yet I still think of him as a child (and I totally still see him as a kid, though he's already taller than I am). Definitely going for the safest choice here. Hi Anthur. Guess I'm stuck with you, huh. =)))

Even the protagonist, 15-year-old Aura, feels so young! Gaaah, so hard to relate to the younger teens once you've reached your late teens. Haha.

Good luck! Super sorry I can't help you with anything though. T___T I am not a good riddle solver, let alone a master solver!
Lol yeah that background is just a photograph! Pay it no mind. Yeah I'm in my early 20's so it's a bit young for a lot of us here, but it's a very pure story about a young girl everyone can surely enjoy. Please look forward to the finished project!