[OPEN]Looking for a dedicated team

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Zirxy

[OPEN]Looking for a dedicated team

#1 Post by Zirxy »

Hi! I would like to start off by saying I am the founder of a Video Game Developing company known as "EXGN Games". My self and a friend are currently working on a visual novel and we need a dedicated team to help us. We plan to get this game published through Sekai Project. As of right now we currently cannot offer paid work but if this game becomes successful we will pay everyone who contributed to the game via paypal. Right now all that is completed is the character description as of right now.

What we currently need:
Character Designers
Background Designers
Programmers
Sound Designers

We plan to push at least 10+ hours into the game, we will have nothing to do with making an adult version of this game. We do however want this game to be a choice based game where the player decides of what choices he/she makes but any type of choice bad or good can change the outcome of the ending as of right now we are sticking to this game and plan to make it bug free before the release of it. We will try and release it for $5 USD on the steam market. I chose this price because I want everyone to be able to play this game and give their opinions about it. Also if you want to offer any type of other work feel free to reply in what you can do.

The game is called "Relentless" and is based in a different universe that is far more developed into technology the characters in the games are
Leon - Player
Akira - Leon's little sister
Lynn - Leon's Mother
Marcus - Leon's Lost Father
Alexandria - Leon's Childhood Friend
Noah - Leon's Childhood Friend
Anesa - Classmate
Daniel - Classmate
Luke - One of the athletes in his school

Leon
Hair: Black
Eye color: Hazel
Personality: Clumsy, nice,
Description: Leon is a nice boy who grew up with only his mom while his dad died in a war. Leon barely knew
his father he always wanted to know more about his father (Marcus) but he never did want to bring him up
because he knew his mother would be very sad. Leon has always been the man of the house and he never let
his mother down. Leon was only 3 years old before his father went into war. Since then Leon never wanted to really learn what had happened as he might get emotional.

Akira
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Personality:curious,pushy,hilarious,hyper
Description: Akira grew up as the only sibling to Leon. Akira never knew her father as she was only an infant when
he went to war. Akira looks up to Leon to protect her in two years Akira will be joining Leon in High School so she would be depending on Leon to look out for her
Akira loved her brother even though they would always argue and she would annoy him.

Lynn
Hair:blond with strips of black
Eye colour:light green
Personality: caring, kind hearted
Description: Leon's mom was a stay at home mom before her husband got drafted. She made a small income by doing sales of products she made. When he got drafted, that forced her to to get a real job to support her two kids. She did a certification course to become a nurse in Knights Landing Hospital.
Alongside of her job she needs to be a parental figure to her kids: her motherly talents contain encouragement, and discipline

Marcus
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Personality: Brave, Caring,
Description: Marcus was a successful co-owner of a business that sold various electronics. While war was breaking out from the army and the rebellion they needed more people to draft in as the war was getting serious and more serious as the days past. Unfortunately contact was lost with Marcus and his squad. They did a very big investigation but canceled it after a year. They closed the case as KIA.

Alexandria
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Amber
Personality: Smart, Nice, Athletic
Description: Alexandria grew up being Leon’s next door neighbor. Alexandria always loved to compete in many different types of sports like Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, and Field Hockey. She has won many awards from being the top player in each sport.

Anesa
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Light Blue
Personality: Adventurous, SUPER HYPERACTIVE,
Description: Anesa is a young girl who makes a lot of jokes and she is very hyperactive she even scares Leon’s sister most of the time because of what she says. She has a lot of body movement. Her parents made her take chill pills but she decides to throw them away because she feels boring when she takes them.

Daniel
Hair: White
Eye Color: Blue
Personality: Stoner,
Description: Daniel grew up always getting in fights with his parents. His only way of not being depressed. He always smokes weed but if he ends up getting caught it can ruin his future for good. He also has a cat companion named “Smokey”

Noah
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Personality: Jerk, Mischievous,
Description: Noah has always grew up without a father figure, his mother really never cared about him. Noah grew up in poor neighborhood and would get into a lot of trouble. He has gotten suspended and expelled from various schools but he has know Leon from living on the same street since they were kids.

Luke
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Red
Personality: Athletic, Hard Working
Description: Luke has always played sports since he was a little kid. His father forced him to get into sports because he wanted what was best for his son. Luke is the captain of the football team and plays in many other sports. Although practicing is hard while also needing to do school work.

Mini story
Leon only knew his dad (Marcus) since he was 3 years old because he got drafted in a war between the Rebellion and the Star Force, his little sister Akira wasn't born yet when Marcus got drafted in the war, unfortunately Marcus and his squad lost communication three months after when he got drafted. There has been search teams but couldn't find any traces towards his squad. Marcus along with his whole squad were declared KIA. When Leon's mom got the news she was very depressed now she is forced to get a real job in order to support her family, now Leon has the responsibility to take care of his little sister and do well in school along with being the father figure for Akira. At the same time Leon is scared to make choices that he will regret and afraid Akira will follow into his footsteps.
Last edited by Zirxy on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Looking for a dedicated team

#2 Post by firecat »

First, SP only accepts Japanese game publishers, you not the only one who try to get SP to help them. SP is a very bad publisher, you should've known that if you had done any research.

Do you have any writing experience because anyone can write, being an idea person is not going to help.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Zirxy

#3 Post by Zirxy »

firecat wrote:First, SP only accepts Japanese game publishers, you not the only one who try to get SP to help them. SP is a very bad publisher, you should've known that if you had done any research.

Do you have any writing experience because anyone can write, being an idea person is not going to help.
I didn't realize that Sekai Project only supported Japanese developers I did send them a support ticket asking for a little more information they replied back to me just asking if I wanted to get a game or a visual novel published I was thinking of getting the visual novel published through them that's why I kept them in mind but I didn't really worry about getting a publisher until the game was finished and yes I do have experience in writing and nobody is an idea person but if anyone who is helping wants to point out some things they are more then welcome but thanks for telling me about Sekai project.

Darim
Regular
Organization: Setsuna Ken
Github: SetsunaKen

#4 Post by Darim »

firecat wrote:First, SP only accepts Japanese game publishers, you not the only one who try to get SP to help them
That's not true. They have a couple of non-japanese VNs in their portfolio.

Also a few member on this board published their game with sekai too. For example: Starlight Vega, Lucid9: Inciting Incident, Sunrider, No One But You etc.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey,

you probably haven't read our requirements for Recruitment yet.

If you wish to recruit people for a project, you need to share a few details: What is your VN about? How long is it going to be? How many assets are you looking for? Do you even have a project, or are you just trying to make people curious by dangling the Sekai Project name in front of their noses?

Please add at least some very basic project information like the name of the game, a basic plot or theme, characters, projected size and so on. Also, please tell people how much work on the project has already completed. Again, this is a requirement.

Finally, please do not try to redirect communication to non-public channels. The Lemmasoft Forums encourage public discussion.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#6 Post by TheJerminator15 »

Sekai Project are open to non-Japanese teams going under their wing (most famous examples are obviously Love in Space and their games or Winged Cloud). They just tend to focus a lot more on Japanese games naturally, since that's where the big money is with localizing and such.

Though I should say that I have read/heard bits and pieces that they can be quite troublesome as a publisher at times. May want to take that into account and do a bit of research on that end before fully committing with them.

As for the rest, I'm just a writer so good luck with getting members and making your game.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk