Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#5041 Post by SundownKid »

MomoiroGirl wrote:It's also starting to bother me more and more that I've never been in a relationship (at least one after 3rd grade). I really feel like my youth is being wasted away. I'm at a point where I really do WANT to be in a relationship, but I don't ever meet anyone and I DON'T want to meet someone at a club. And dating sites don't do the trick for me. It's too staged. It feels unnatural for me, I can't get a proper idea of what someone's like until I meet them face to face. My sister tells me that I probably shouldn't be in a relationship while dealing with my mental health issues. I just think she doesn't get that I have to deal with it for the REST of my LIFE. SO, should I just, like, NEVER be in a relationship or what then? I'm DYING to feel love for someone. I feel so dead inside and lonely.

I think that "there is no one I can find anywhere to date" is a VERY common problem with people who want a relationship. There are really people everywhere, but the people saying this are too afraid to approach because of fearing rejection. "That person PROBABLY doesn't want to date anyone. I would just be annoying them if I said hello or talked to them, so I'll leave."

If you can't do online dating then you can try approaching and showing interest to men in other places. Such as, a cafe, a supermarket, or on the street. If you dont want to have a conversation you can just say hi, but as long as you keep letting men know you are interested in them, then some fish will bite eventually. If you just ignore them, it will never happen.

But I wouldn't know about the severity of mental issues and how difficult they would make dating or being in a relationship. You should probably ask your doctor about something like that instead of your family.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#5042 Post by MomoiroGirl »

SundownKid wrote:I think that "there is no one I can find anywhere to date" is a VERY common problem with people who want a relationship. There are really people everywhere, but the people saying this are too afraid to approach because of fearing rejection. "That person PROBABLY doesn't want to date anyone. I would just be annoying them if I said hello or talked to them, so I'll leave."

If you can't do online dating then you can try approaching and showing interest to men in other places. Such as, a cafe, a supermarket, or on the street. If you dont want to have a conversation you can just say hi, but as long as you keep letting men know you are interested in them, then some fish will bite eventually. If you just ignore them, it will never happen.

But I wouldn't know about the severity of mental issues and how difficult they would make dating or being in a relationship. You should probably ask your doctor about something like that instead of your family.
I absolutely agree, but when I say that I don't meet anyone I mean it literally. Because I'm a NEET I'm pretty much at home all the time and I can't really afford go to places and do things since I'm on welfare... I'd like to go to, like, the movies, attend some workshops, start doing a sort of sport like fencing, tennis, yoga, dance or some other hobby activity, but I simply just don't have the money to do so... I always try to look friendly and greet people and guys when I actually am out and about, but people don't really hit up conversations with strangers in Denmark (unless they're drunk). The only people who usually do say ANYTHING to you are the much older generations (as in retirement age) or catcallers... Sometimes I also just think I'm too baby-faced for a lot of men to find me attractive considering the current beauty trends. But that's obviously most likely not the main issue, but eh...

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#5043 Post by Noyemi K »

I blew up my thread in recruitment because nobody fucking hires me anymore. I'm honestly past the point of caring about my image.
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#5044 Post by Morhighan »

It is July 2016. Over a year has passed since I applied for disability and got denied twice. So I called my lawyer to check on the status of my pending court date. He explained that it would be at least a year until I might have a court date assigned. I said “but I thought we expedited the appeal?”
He explained a bit about the expedited appeals process and then asked about my living situation. I explained that things are tense at home as I'm unable to make rent.
After I explained this to my lawyer and he said something along the lines of “well the situation may be bad, but you aren’t homeless YET so we shouldn’t expedite the appeal process.”
This was upsetting to say the least.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5045 Post by Zelan »

Morhighan wrote:It is July 2016. Over a year has passed since I applied for disability and got denied twice. So I called my lawyer to check on the status of my pending court date. He explained that it would be at least a year until I might have a court date assigned. I said “but I thought we expedited the appeal?”
He explained a bit about the expedited appeals process and then asked about my living situation. I explained that things are tense at home as I'm unable to make rent.
After I explained this to my lawyer and he said something along the lines of “well the situation may be bad, but you aren’t homeless YET so we shouldn’t expedite the appeal process.”
..."you aren't homeless YET."

What sort of logic is that? I would think that the whole point of expediting the process would be to prevent you from being homeless in the first place. :/ I'm sorry to hear you're having to deal with this, I hope things don't get worse for you.

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#5046 Post by BáiYù »

Zelan wrote:
Morhighan wrote:It is July 2016. Over a year has passed since I applied for disability and got denied twice. So I called my lawyer to check on the status of my pending court date. He explained that it would be at least a year until I might have a court date assigned. I said “but I thought we expedited the appeal?”
..."you aren't homeless YET."

What sort of logic is that? I would think that the whole point of expediting the process would be to prevent you from being homeless in the first place. :/ I'm sorry to hear you're having to deal with this, I hope things don't get worse for you.
Unfortunately, that's how things work in California (Southern California at the very least). When my last job terminated, I immediately applied for Unemployment Benefits. They denied me on the basis that I "quit" my job; apparently they can't wrap their head around the concept of a temporary employment program for the purpose of building job skills and a resume. I could have sent a request to re-appeal or something, but the process isn't worth the $83 a week I would have received. Fighting their paperwork is too exhausting for that.

Also mind you, I had been living in motel rooms for ~10 months, which is technically considered homeless. They're incredibly stingy when it comes to Disabilities, and even if you do get it, it's still barely enough to get by on. Still doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

MomoiroGirl
Veteran

#5047 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I'm in quite a pinch... It's tearing me apart... I can't choose between Instinct or Valor... Halp...

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#5048 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

MomoiroGirl wrote:I'm in quite a pinch... It's tearing me apart... I can't choose between Instinct or Valor... Halp...
The true answer is MYSTIC.
Live Life Heroically

andrewngn13
Regular
Projects: Recast

#5049 Post by andrewngn13 »

I don't get why people use a camera or their iphone to take pictures of things on their computer.

Especially when asking for tech support. There's a prtscn button on your keyboard you know
"Feel feel to idea-bounce off me."
No, like seriously, just send a pm and I'll respond what I think. I'm open to reading anything.

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#5050 Post by Noyemi K »

Print Screen wouldn't be helpful if you needed to catalogue a display controller problem (such as a torn screen or some other obscure issue) but the vast majority of people who take a photo of their screen, do not need to do that for this purpose nevertheless.
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#5051 Post by noeinan »

Yikes, I am so sorry. :( I've gone through the disability process and it is hell-- it frequently takes multiple years, they don't make it easy for you, and honestly they often drag it out in the hopes that you'll just give up. I don't know if you use Facebook at all, but this is a disability group that gave me some really great advice while I was going through this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/949462741741024/

The group says queer and trans people in the title, but anyone can join. I'm sorry that things are so rough right now, but I hope things clear up and good luck. <3

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#5052 Post by thebackup »

So, today at work:

(walking, approaching supervisor)
Me: Hey, good morning!
Her: (snaps irritably at me) Hey!

...really, you don't want to have a good morning? I didn't say that to her, but still. That almost ruined my day, but thankfully I have a whole lot of other co-workers who made the day more pleasant.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran

#5053 Post by MomoiroGirl »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:The true answer is MYSTIC.

NO! VALOR OR INSTINCT! We shall be enemies. Beware... BE VERY WARE!

-------------

So Comic Con is coming to my country and I really wanna finally try cosplaying. I've wanted to try it since I was a kid, and since I went to my first convention earlier this year not dressed up, I REALLY wanna cosplay this time. And I REALLY wanna cosplay Harley Quinn á la Suicide Squad. But I'm sure SO many people will be dressing up as her, and I'm scared of those types you hear about that just ROAST YOU to see if you're "a real nerd" or whatever. Also, gathering the costume parts would be kind of expensive... I considered trying to sell some art, since even just $80 would make it much more realistic for me to afford it. But since I'm on welfare I don't think I'm allowed to (although the rules are kind of wonky when it comes to selling something you've created yourself).

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#5054 Post by MoonByte »

I just can't get the murder mechanic to work properly!
Will probably have to delete the whole script setup around it and try from the start again =_=
By the sands, I will kill each and every royal that exists in my game, no matter what D:<

guzy
Regular

#5055 Post by guzy »

MomoiroGirl wrote:
AllegroDiRossi wrote:The true answer is MYSTIC

First of all, Mystic >>> ALL

second, sorry if I sound rude, but why do you care so much about what other people thinks about you?
Do you only have fun pleasing others instead of you?