*Insert Creative Art Thread Title Here* [Critiques Welcome!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Lunarmirage

*Insert Creative Art Thread Title Here* [Critiques Welcome!]

#1 Post by Lunarmirage »

So I've been stalking this forum for some time now. Given that I've finally started writing my visual novel, I figured I'd try to be a little more active...

Critiques are welcome as is general feedback. I know for a fact that my proportions, clothing wrinkles, FINGERS, coloring, backgrounds, and well, EVERYTHING needs work. I honestly prefer traditional art, but digital is a lot more convenient. Except my pen pressure doesn't work, so that's a pain... (WACOM WHY)

Anyways, here are a few pictures.
Old lineart of a character in my story
Old lineart of a character in my story
My first attempt at a background. How do you cloud.
My first attempt at a background. How do you cloud.
Recent lineart of another character
Recent lineart of another character
HEY I ACTUALLY COLORED SOMETHING
HEY I ACTUALLY COLORED SOMETHING
Last edited by Lunarmirage on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lunarmirage

Re: Lunarmirage's Art [Critiques Appreciated]

#2 Post by Lunarmirage »

So I've been inactive for a long time, but I thought I'd post some doodles.
Behold the terrible proportions and sketchy-ness (is that a word).
Attachments
This is a quick design idea I had. The design isn't final, which is why the proportions are so terrible and the picture is so lazily drawn.
This is a quick design idea I had. The design isn't final, which is why the proportions are so terrible and the picture is so lazily drawn.
This one's actually from quite some time ago, like around a year. That hand, though... *shudders*
This one's actually from quite some time ago, like around a year. That hand, though... *shudders*

Lunarmirage

Re: Lunarmirage's Art [Coloring Requests Open]

#3 Post by Lunarmirage »

So I've been really inactive lately (campnanowrimo, anyone?) and I decided to open up coloring requests! I've been meaning to try out this new style, so I figured this would be a good way to do so. More information is in the original post. I'll also add some examples once I get around to it.

Lunarmirage

Re: *Insert Creative Art Thread Title Here* [Coloring Reques

#4 Post by Lunarmirage »

Welp, I've been really busy lately, but I thought I'd post some pictures I recently drew.
akikoyosano.png
LucyMontogomery2.png
image1 (3).JPG

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#5 Post by King-sama »

Like the first one of your last update! oAo coloring, color choices, and eyes are my fav

Lunarmirage

#6 Post by Lunarmirage »

Thanks! :D I've been working on different coloring styles and I'm trying to make better choices with colors in general since I'm not the best with color theory. XD

Lunarmirage

#7 Post by Lunarmirage »

I've been experimenting with watercolor (instead of just digital art) lately, so here are some photos! Sorry about the terrible camera quality. :/
image9.JPG
image1 (5).JPG

Lunarmirage

#8 Post by Lunarmirage »

So I've been pretty busy lately (campnanowrimo has taken over my LIFE), but I've been experimenting more with watercolor.
aliceandwillofabyss.png

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

Re: *Insert Creative Art Thread Title Here* [Critiques Welco

#9 Post by robovelociraptor »

I love your watercoloring, it looks so nice! *O* Your inking is also clean! I've always loved watercolor, but I'm really, really bad at it. ;~;

Also, are the characters in this thread OCs? I really like a lot of their designs!

Lunarmirage

#10 Post by Lunarmirage »

robovelociraptor wrote:I love your watercoloring, it looks so nice! *O* Your inking is also clean! I've always loved watercolor, but I'm really, really bad at it. ;~;

Also, are the characters in this thread OCs? I really like a lot of their designs!
Thanks! :D That's interesting, since I actually messed up quite a bit on the inking, especially in the lower section :lol: Practice makes perfect! Watercolor, especially, is really hard to get used to, I think. I'm still honestly pretty bad with the medium, but I'm addicted to the transparent quality of it.

Which characters specifically?

robovelociraptor
Regular

#11 Post by robovelociraptor »

I didn't really think it was that noticeable, especially in the drawing with the girl in the yellow dress. You really are your own worst critic, I suppose. :lol: It's a lot better than mine, in any case. :P
Ugh, tell me about it. Every time I mix colors or try to blend it ends up either black/grey or a really ugly color. :cry:

I was thinking: the girl in the yellow dress, the red haired character in the first post, and the ones from your most recent post.

Lunarmirage

#12 Post by Lunarmirage »

robovelociraptor wrote:I didn't really think it was that noticeable, especially in the drawing with the girl in the yellow dress. You really are your own worst critic, I suppose. :lol: It's a lot better than mine, in any case. :P
Ugh, tell me about it. Every time I mix colors or try to blend it ends up either black/grey or a really ugly color. :cry:

I was thinking: the girl in the yellow dress, the red haired character in the first post, and the ones from your most recent post.
Yeah, mixing colors is HARD. -_- I tend to avoid mixing colors at all costs, though this usually doesn't work out. XD

The girl in the yellow dress is Margaret Mitchell from Bungou Stray Dogs (though I drew that before her official color scheme came out, so I'm afraid the dress's color is completely off). The two from my most recent post are from Pandora Hearts, which I definitely recommend reading (Bungou Stray Dogs too, though not as much as Pandora Hearts). And finally, the red haired girl is one of the characters in the novel I'm currently working on. :)

robovelociraptor
Regular

#13 Post by robovelociraptor »

Ah, I see. I'll check them both out then! :D (It may sound strange, but I haven't actually watched a lot of anime nor read a lot of manga. ^^;)

Lunarmirage

#14 Post by Lunarmirage »

Yes, definitely! :D And it's not strange at all!