A Very Important Date [GXB|GxG|BxB][Otome|Slice of Fantasy|Commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] New Spr

#31 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#32 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Ohh! everything looks very nice and characters very gorgeous!!
I always love games that games the feeling of Alice in wonderland. full of mystery and fantasy!

Game dev blog:Tumblr

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#33 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Thank you so much!

We really hope you like our game when it comes out! We do currently have demos for the prologue for Windows and Mac at https://www.patreon.com/posts/5399757

So a lot has been going on these last few months. Last month we found out that Noelle (me) won the Voltage script writing contest. We exhibited at Doujima in Singapore and did an artist alley at Mini-Mini Con in San Antonio, Texas. We plan to do the artist alley at San Japan in San Antonio as well as long as nothing major happens between now and then that would prevent us.

We've been working on our official demo that has our official GUI in it along with our sprites' poses. Backgrounds are still being worked on at a decent speed. Our writers are about done finalizing Emil's main story and will soon go back to editing Rory's main story. In between editing the main stories, we are picking our CG/Event illustration spots with our sprite artist.

We're working on figuring out our Kickstarter goals and rewards. We plan to start our Kickstarter on September 21st.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] New Dem

#34 Post by Chibi Subaru »

We're currently live streaming on our Twitch account with our sprite artist working on sketching out illustrations of Gwyn and MC together and then we plan on sketching Sven and MC together after that. Anyone is welcomed to join in watching and talking to us as both our sprite artist and team lead are in the chat.

https://www.twitch.tv/naivesprites

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy|Commercial] New Mus

#35 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Okay, big update time! The team has been very, very, very busy for the past few months.

Backgrounds

Lordless and Furude have been working hard on backgrounds. We currently have a total of 42 backgrounds for our game! Right now the two are currently working on another set of backgrounds for us.

Sprites

On the Sprite and Merch front, Darkenmarr will be taking a break for a bit to recoup from knee surgery that she had on Monday. We wish her well during this time and hope she rests a lot. Once she’s able to work again, we’ll be focusing on merchandise designs for San Japan and Kickstarter. After that, it’ll be back to sprite work and CGs.

Writing

Justin V. and myself have been working hard editing Rory's and Harlan's main stories. Currently I'm in Chapter 5 of Rory's route while Justin V. has edited up to Harlan's Chapter 6. Right now he's going over the first four chapters again to re-edit them.

Programming

Our programmers are working on adding some of our GUI elements to our game and fixing any bugs that we're experiencing. We're hoping to have a more finalized demo out soon.

Music

We would like to welcome the amazingly talented composer, Geoff Moore, to our Very Important project! Geoff has created beautiful music for other games like Starlight Vega and Turtles of Destiny and it is an honor for us to have him work on A Very Important Date with us. We know that with his help, Alison’s adventures in Mimsboro will be even more wonderful.

Geoff has already created our theme song and the team loves it! We would like to unveil “In Memory of a Golden Afternoon,” the beautifully charming, full-length main theme to A Very Important Date!

You can listen to "In Memory of a Golden Afternoon" and more of Geoff’s music on Soundcloud.

otometea
Regular
Projects: Heart of Thorns
Tumblr: littleteahouse

#36 Post by otometea »

- Did the synopsis and summary intrigue you to play A Very Important Date?
Based on the synopsis: not at all. Based on the summary: now I'm interested. It seems to be based on Alice in Wonderland, no? I think I might end up keeping a look out for this game now that I have heard of it. I don't know; I am already keeping a look out for a lot of games already.

- Do you like the art style?
To put it in a honest way: the sprite artwork doesn't really fit my style. There are some aspects that I think are a little bit off, and could be improved upon. However, the backgrounds are utterly incredible. They are very detailed and well-made as well. I look forward to seeing the backgrounds in the game itself.

- Which of our characters stand out to you?
Just basing it on artwork, I would say Gwyn. However, based on personalities, descriptions, skills, etc., I think I would say Sven. The really quiet and young characters really stand out to me, although I have no clue why. It's possibly just intuition.

- How many CGs do you expect in a 12 chapter story?
About 4-5? I'm not sure.

- What is your preferred platform for playing visual novels/otome games?
I don't have a specific preference, but mobile is preferred (even more specific: iOS devices). I am completely fine with it being on PC though as well.

- For mobile players: Is $3.99 USD per story an affordable price for your visual novel experience?
Reminds me a lot of Voltage. For 12 episodes, maybe a little less (like, $3.00) would be preferable.

- PC: If this was made into a PC game, how much would you be willing to pay for the game?
Um... I don't... know...? $10.00? A little less, maybe?

- Other critiques, suggestions, questions? Or ramblings! (you know, like... below ↓)
This game... the format reminds me so much of Voltage... I don't even know what to say. I have played Star-Crossed Myth (❤ Ichthys / Partheno), Scandal in the Spotlight (❤ Kota / Fumito), Butler Until Midnight (❤ Yuma / Itsuki), Era of Samurai: Code of Love (❤ Soji / Hajime), After School Affairs (❤ Kiyonori / Hidetaka), Bad Boys Do It Better! (❤ Yuu / Akira), My Wedding and 7 Rings (❤ Ren / Nikaido), Enchanted in the Moonlight (❤ Kiryu / Chikage), My Two Bedroom Story (❤ Chiaki / Kaoru) and My Last First Kiss (❤ Riku / Makoto). I feel like rambling on about Voltage now. I even became an administrator on Voltage Inc. Wiki :lol: I'm too passionate.

I could rant on all about the sprite artwork, but I have already rambled about Voltage, so I will do that another time (possibly in a full-game review, which I won't do since this is commercial. The only time I do reviews for games like these is if I get in as a beta-tester or if I get the game for free for reviewing purposes). I don't know, maybe have some bonus scenarios if the player finishes whoever/whatever.

Otherwise, wish you the best of luck.
Best regards,
otometea.

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#37 Post by Chocopyro »

As a fellow resident of Ohio, I can't imagine why Alison would ever consider returning. Sure, Hocking Hills and Cedar Point are awesome. We have a few nice anime conventions. Autumn in OU is beautiful. But lets not forget that this is a state where it's illegal to get a fish drunk or fish for whales on sundays. There's a reason that so many astronauts come from Ohio. I know I'd take a wonderland any day. :lol:

Alright, that aside, good luck on your upcoming kickstarter in September!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#38 Post by Chibi Subaru »

otometea wrote:- Did the synopsis and summary intrigue you to play A Very Important Date?
Based on the synopsis: not at all. Based on the summary: now I'm interested. It seems to be based on Alice in Wonderland, no? I think I might end up keeping a look out for this game now that I have heard of it. I don't know; I am already keeping a look out for a lot of games already.
The game is very loosely based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass book series.

Yeah, I have a hard time keeping up with the different games as well, so I understand that issue, lol.
otometea wrote:- Do you like the art style?
To put it in a honest way: the sprite artwork doesn't really fit my style. There are some aspects that I think are a little bit off, and could be improved upon. However, the backgrounds are utterly incredible. They are very detailed and well-made as well. I look forward to seeing the backgrounds in the game itself.
We're actually working on fixing the sprite art, mainly in the facial features. We're very proud of our background artists and are very much appreciative of the hard and beautiful work they have given us.
otometea wrote:- Which of our characters stand out to you?
Just basing it on artwork, I would say Gwyn. However, based on personalities, descriptions, skills, etc., I think I would say Sven. The really quiet and young characters really stand out to me, although I have no clue why. It's possibly just intuition.
These two almost always seem to be the ones people aim for. I hope the other characters get more love when the game comes out, lol.
otometea wrote:- Other critiques, suggestions, questions? Or ramblings! (you know, like... below ↓)
This game... the format reminds me so much of Voltage... I don't even know what to say. I have played Star-Crossed Myth (❤ Ichthys / Partheno), Scandal in the Spotlight (❤ Kota / Fumito), Butler Until Midnight (❤ Yuma / Itsuki), Era of Samurai: Code of Love (❤ Soji / Hajime), After School Affairs (❤ Kiyonori / Hidetaka), Bad Boys Do It Better! (❤ Yuu / Akira), My Wedding and 7 Rings (❤ Ren / Nikaido), Enchanted in the Moonlight (❤ Kiryu / Chikage), My Two Bedroom Story (❤ Chiaki / Kaoru) and My Last First Kiss (❤ Riku / Makoto). I feel like rambling on about Voltage now. I even became an administrator on Voltage Inc. Wiki :lol: I'm too passionate.
A lot of the game's format will be kind of similar to Voltage's with having main stories, epilogues, and sequel stories. We also plan to have seasons to continue on the characters' stories. We're also planning to add in different features that Voltage's games don't have into our game and we're working on ways to implement those features.

I'm also a big fan of Voltage's, lol. I've been playing their games since 2013... I have too many favorites from their games.
otometea wrote:Otherwise, wish you the best of luck.
Best regards,
otometea.
Thank you!
Chocopyro wrote:As a fellow resident of Ohio, I can't imagine why Alison would ever consider returning. Sure, Hocking Hills and Cedar Point are awesome. We have a few nice anime conventions. Autumn in OU is beautiful. But lets not forget that this is a state where it's illegal to get a fish drunk or fish for whales on sundays. There's a reason that so many astronauts come from Ohio. I know I'd take a wonderland any day. :lol:

Alright, that aside, good luck on your upcoming kickstarter in September!
Actually, I kind of agree with you, lol, but I think Alison would want to return more because of her family than the area. I think it depends where in Ohio you live, too. Franklin (between Dayton and Cincinnati) isn't too bad. We have the museums between the two cities and the Cincy Zoo to go to, but the area could definitely use more.

I've only been to one convention in Ohio and that was Sugoicon back in 2005 or 2006, but I never went back. I used to live in Texas, so I still mainly go to Texas conventions because my friends are there. I would love to go to Ohayocon, but they insist on holding it in the winter time. Snow and travel plans don't make the best bedfellows.

Thank you ^_^

kibou-desuka
Projects: the 7sin contract.

#39 Post by kibou-desuka »

1. Did the synopsis and summary intrigue you to play A Very Important Date?
i thought it was more interesting after reading the summary, because the synopsis is a little bit confusing to me, like it didn't really capture the plot enough for me to gain interest in it as much as the summary did...

2. Do you like the art style?
i think the sprites could use a little bit more work on the facial expressions, but i see that you are working to improve that. i love the background art though; it's really beautiful!

3. Which of our characters stand out to you?
sven looks adorable, so i think i'd go for him first. (i haven't played the demo so this opinion might change if i end up playing it).

4. How many CGs do you expect in a 12 chapter story?
4-5. it'd be awesome if you'd do more.

5. What is your preferred platform for playing visual novels/otome games?
i prefer mobile because i don't have any way of paying on the computer.

6. For mobile players: Is $3.99 USD per story an affordable price for your visual novel experience?
it'd be great if it was cheaper. i don't have a preference, as long as i know it's good (the only stories i have actually thought were worth buying was star-crossed myth. their stories are incredibly unique and creative. i'll give all my money to you if you make it at that level)

7. PC: If this was made into a PC game, how much would you be willing to pay for the game?
$12.99usd max.

8. Other critiques, suggestions, questions?
voltage inc. much? i am a fan of their games x3

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#40 Post by Chocopyro »

Chibi Subaru wrote: Actually, I kind of agree with you, lol, but I think Alison would want to return more because of her family than the area. I think it depends where in Ohio you live, too. Franklin (between Dayton and Cincinnati) isn't too bad. We have the museums between the two cities and the Cincy Zoo to go to, but the area could definitely use more.

I've only been to one convention in Ohio and that was Sugoicon back in 2005 or 2006, but I never went back. I used to live in Texas, so I still mainly go to Texas conventions because my friends are there. I would love to go to Ohayocon, but they insist on holding it in the winter time. Snow and travel plans don't make the best bedfellows.

Thank you ^_^
Haha, yeah, I was mostly teasing. I live in Lancaster, Ohio myself, which is just close enough to both Columbus and Athens to make life worth living, but its the kind of town that eats its young, and so people around my age group are usually gone the first chance they can get. Thus making it hard to make local friends that I don't have to drive 45 minutes away just to hang out with.

I always found that to be the beauty of Ohayocon. Right in the dead of winter, I usually need something to get myself out of the house, and I guess you could say that is my magical place. Although being from Texas, I guess you don't get accustomed to snow nearly as easily. You need to drive in it a few times to get experienced in driving in it, so you don't freak out when driving in it. But the roads are usually pretty well salted by then in January, so they aren't too bad. Anyways, I digress. I don't want to drive the thread off topic or anything. :lol:

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#41 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Our team has worked really hard the past few weeks to bring you our first completely in-house built demo for Windows and Mac. This demo uses the official engine the game will be using from now on. New features in this prologue demo include:
  • Parts of the Main Menu
  • Sound Effects
  • In-game menu with functional Settings, Resume, and Quit buttons
  • Ability to change Textbox Transparency, Music Volume, Sound Effect Volume, and Screen Resolution
Along with San Japan prep, we’re working to make our demo available to mobile users.

We plan to add more features, like Save/Load and Fast Forward, and content, like Gwyn’s and Emil’s First Chapter(s), to these demos before our Kickstarter launch date.

For more information and to download our demo, please visit our Very Important itch.io page.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#42 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Introducing more of our characters!
Character Introduction #7 & #8:
  • Name: Lowell and Connor Vincent
  • Height: 6’3
  • Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
  • Lutwidge Sign: Rook
  • Job Title: Bartenders and Bouncers
Character Introduction #9:
  • Name: Julianna Cerise
  • Height: 5'7
  • Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
  • Lutwidge Sign: Queen
  • Job Title: Vice President of family company
  • Skills: Business Puppeteering, Marketing, and Self-sufficiency
  • Hobbies: Archery, Motorcycles, and Amateur Conchology

Chibi Subaru
Regular

#43 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello to all of our wonderful fans!

We’re happy to announce our updated demo is out and released on our itch.io page! Here’s what we have added:
  • Save/Load feature
  • Choice options
  • Quit Menu that allows you to go back to the Main Menu
  • 3 Chapters for Gwyn and Emil for a total of 6 chapters
  • 26,088 Words in total for about 3 hours worth of story
  • 3 New static sprites
  • 7 New backgrounds
Because of how long it was taking to implement some of these features, we were unable to add in the Fast Forward feature for the updated demo.

For those that plan to play Gwyn’s and Emil’s chapters, you’ll want to save in the Prologue when Alison says "Um... I guess I’ll work with…”

To pull up the menu bar, press ESC or P keys.

Our mobile demos will be released in a few days. We’re currently working on fixing a bug in our Android demo.

We’re going to send our Kickstarter campaign information in in a little bit so it can be reviewed. After the approval process, we’ll let everyone know about it through all of our social media pages. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for all you Very Important fans! Stay tuned for that announcement!

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy] Kickstarter Live!

#44 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Our Very Important Kickstarter is LIVE!

It is our pleasure to finally announce that the time has come, A Very Important Date’s Kickstarter is now live! Check it out here!
We have some wonderful rewards for our backers and they start at just $1 USD! Throughout the campaign we’ll be updating on the game art, adding more features to the demo, discussing the future of our sprites, revealing some CG art, and finalizing the designs for some of our rewards (like the body pillow cases)! We will also be updating here with In-character asks and developer questions, like usual.

If you are unable to back us, we understand, but you can still help us out by sharing our links and spreading the word!

We’ve also added Linux demo to itch.io and you can now fill out a form to be invited to our mobile demos.

Thank you all for being a part of this journey with us. We are so looking forward to seeing where this rabbit hole goes.

Chibi Subaru
Regular

Re: A Very Important Date [Otome|Fantasy] Kickstarter Live!

#45 Post by Chibi Subaru »

Hello everyone!

We’ve just posted an update on our Kickstarter page and have opened up donations through PayPal. This is a very important update, and that’s not just us being clever with wordplay. This update highlights what our backer-only posts will look like on Kickstarter and also reveals the direction our sprites will be moving towards for A Very Important Date’s final release. Here’s a hint: the word “moving” was actually wordplay that time. So click here to go over to our update on Kickstarter to read more about it!