[Closed/Fulfilled] Quick Job - Single Transition Creation

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
moogsparfait
Regular
Completed: Danmaku!! (Card Game)
Projects: The Parasol Festival
Organization: Mystery Parfait

[Closed/Fulfilled] Quick Job - Single Transition Creation

#1 Post by moogsparfait »

Hi, I'm the creator of The Parasol Festival, a yuri watercolor visual novel with art by Deji-chan.

Since the game was created on physical media it has a natural, painted look. I would like to emphasize this by having scenes be painted on when there is a transition. I asked an acquaintance who isn't in the EVN scene to try and they got close, but now I'd like to get someone who knows more about RenPy's system. In particular I'd like 100% of the screen to be within the transition, not a stroke then suddenly everything changes.

The draft stroke transition looks like this:

And here is a video of it in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHP2ZjQwsaI
Last edited by moogsparfait on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

Re: Quick Job - Single Transition Creation

#2 Post by Kia »

put a gradient on top of the stroke
YYZ5Ug1l.jpg
like that, and if you want something that looks better use a much bigger brush with softer edges that go all the way to the edges of the screen.