One options bar for sound and voice

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dharker
Regular

One options bar for sound and voice

#1 Post by Dharker »

Hello, I am just wondering is there a way of writing the options code so that a single options bar controls the volume of both sound and voice.

E.g. at the moment it is:

Code: Select all

bar value Preference("music volume")
        bar value Preference("sound volume")
        bar value Preference("voice volume")
But what i would like is to have just a single bar for Music Volume and then a single bar which controls both Sound and voice...

bar value Preference("music volume")
        bar value Preference("voice volume"), Preference("sound volume")
I know the above doesn't work, i just used it to try and illustrate what i am looking for.

Anyway is this possible?

Pando
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
IRC Nick: Pando
Github: Scylardor

Re: One options bar for sound and voice

#2 Post by Pando »

I'm not sure of the syntax and I can't test it right now but have a look at the action keyword, it should be able to take a list of actions to do instead of a single one, such as you can write something like :

bar value action [Preference("voice volume"), Preference("sound volume")]
(untested)

Ragnarok does VN
Projects: Shapes

Re: One options bar for sound and voice

#3 Post by Ragnarok does VN »

Regardless of the correct answer to the initial answer, I would strongly disagree to the notion of meshing the voice and sound levels together. The player having options to customize the game to his preferences is a good thing to have.

I can just assume, that your game uses voice acting in the sound channel. Which isn't ideally in the first place.