Kokorogawari [GxB Drama] [CHAP 1+2 DEMO] [STEAM GREENLIGHT]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Laramie Castiel
Projects: Kokorogawari

Re: Kokorogawari [TRIAL UPLOADED] [GxB] [Drama, Romance] [Co

#16 Post by Laramie Castiel »

asakura9 wrote:I have just finished to play the demo and I'm here to give my thoughts on it.

I found it quite enjoyable and I'm looking forward the next demo ! I want to see how the other characters will be introduced !
Thank you very much, asakura! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the demo. I can't wait to share the next one with you when it's ready. =D
asakura9 wrote:
But like it was said previously, I agree with the fact that it was hard to distinguish who was speaking between the mother and Asami. I also had to check the name box to be sure...
Maybe the solution can be to print Asami's sprite only when she speaks ? (I see that in some games...)

For the main characters, I am curious to see how Asami will change her point of view. I think that some things she said are not wrong but I think she is not so harsh in the facts. If she really had no interrest in the opposite sex, she could just be indifferent to Koga but it was not the case ! I really found that their interactions are cute ^^

For Koga, he's exactly the character as I thought it will be. I really like him, he's so cute when he blushes xD. I am also curious about why he took an interest in Asami. It's just because she won the contest and not him ?

Just a point, the BGM in the classroom was a bit too noisy...
I'll be responding to your spoiler-tagged comments (in the order they appear) in spoiler tags as well:
- That has been mentioned a couple of times now, so we're in the process of deciding how to combat this. We've thought of coloured text, changing the wording of Ryouko's dialogue and I'll pass on your side image sprite suggestion to the team. I hope implementing some or all of these ideas will make things easier for you to read next time around. Sorry for the inconvenience!

- The feedback people have been leaving about Asami- in my individual opinion- has been very interesting, yours included! Asami is quite extreme, isn't she? I'm definitely not surprised and can empathise with why some readers didn't like her/can't relate to her. We hope to be able show her major changes well enough for those not pleased with Asami to appreciate our intent (and maybe even Asami herself as a character). That would be great!

- I'm glad you liked Koga! Hmm... Regarding your question about him, I can't give too much away. I don't want to accidentally spoil you (and anybody else reading this post). But yes, the contest Asami won does play a part, for sure. I'm sorry I can't provide more details!

- It is a bit louder than the other pieces, isn't it? I will definitely pass this onto the team and we'll try to resolve it. We don't want to deafen our readers!
asakura9 wrote:For the art, music, GUI, I had nothing to said. It was great.

So good luck for the next step ! :)
Our composers and artists will be very happy to hear that!

Thank you very much for your encouragement and for leaving us some critique as well. I hope you enjoy the next trial and maybe even the final game! =)

tantivy
Regular

#17 Post by tantivy »

Hi! I just played your demo today and I enjoyed it.

I have to admit that even though Asami and I are quite different, I can relate a bit to some of the concerns and critical thoughts she has about love and relationships. As such, I am curious to see how the game will address these and what conclusions Asami will reach by the end.

As other commenters have said, the art is really beautiful and the GUI is pleasant too. I’m not sure if this is what asakura9 was referring to, but I agree that the sound effect of people talking in the classroom was too loud. Also, the other sound effect of people talking in the dining area kind of sounded like there was a goat bleating now and then? :D Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me! Anyway, I can imagine that it would be difficult to find sound effects that are just what you’re looking for. No worries.

This trial was lovely and I will definitely play the next one you release. It’s obvious that a lot of hard work is going into making this game. Best of luck!
(By the way, I’m now curious how Koga will react when Asami doesn’t show up to the group date after he and Rika worked so hard to convince her to go, haha.)

Jammed

#18 Post by Jammed »

Hello! I just played your demo and so far I'm impressed with the work you've done on it from art and programming to writing.

I have to say that I really like the character of Asami - for one, just about all of her views in life matched my own and it was really refreshing to finally have someone like her as a MC. I thought her to be mature beyond her years and I suppose I kind of hope she doesn't change her stance even if she falls in love. Cynicism is a vital part of any relationship after all.

I liked Koga too. Mostly becasue his love for art, and putting subtle messages through art are mixed with cunning. Not the mix of traits one usually sees in "the outgoing/cheerful one" of the group.

I'll keep an eye out for the rest of the game.

God luck with rest of the project.

Jyuuguchi

#19 Post by Jyuuguchi »

Jammed wrote:Hello! I just played your demo and so far I'm impressed with the work you've done on it from art and programming to writing.

I have to say that I really like the character of Asami - for one, just about all of her views in life matched my own and it was really refreshing to finally have someone like her as a MC. I thought her to be mature beyond her years and I suppose I kind of hope she doesn't change her stance even if she falls in love. Cynicism is a vital part of any relationship after all.

I liked Koga too. Mostly becasue his love for art, and putting subtle messages through art are mixed with cunning. Not the mix of traits one usually sees in "the outgoing/cheerful one" of the group.

Hi Jammed, thank you very much for the lovely feedback.

It's great to know that you found Asami refreshing because one of my motivations in creating this game was to have a female lead who is critical and down-to-earth about issues in life. This makes her very cautious and less likeable to others but it also empowers her in certain ways - which was also something I wanted to do. I will not give away any spoilers but there is a hint of feminism in the story as well ;)

Please do continue to keep a lookout for us and we hope you will enjoy the second trial when it's out too!

-Jyuuguchi

Laramie Castiel

#20 Post by Laramie Castiel »

tantivy wrote:Hi! I just played your demo today and I enjoyed it.

I have to admit that even though Asami and I are quite different, I can relate a bit to some of the concerns and critical thoughts she has about love and relationships. As such, I am curious to see how the game will address these and what conclusions Asami will reach by the end.

As other commenters have said, the art is really beautiful and the GUI is pleasant too. I’m not sure if this is what asakura9 was referring to, but I agree that the sound effect of people talking in the classroom was too loud. Also, the other sound effect of people talking in the dining area kind of sounded like there was a goat bleating now and then? :D Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me! Anyway, I can imagine that it would be difficult to find sound effects that are just what you’re looking for. No worries.

This trial was lovely and I will definitely play the next one you release. It’s obvious that a lot of hard work is going into making this game. Best of luck!
(By the way, I’m now curious how Koga will react when Asami doesn’t show up to the group date after he and Rika worked so hard to convince her to go, haha.)
Thank you so much for trying the demo, tantivy! I'm both glad and happy to read you've enjoyed it. =)

It's great you were able to relate to some aspects of Asami even though you've mentioned that the two of you are quite different. I used to have a pretty similar mindset as Asami and was quite stubborn about it. However, after new experiences down the line, I find that while I'm still on the cynical side in general, it toned down significantly. Since the changes of heart should be a progressive thing rather than being sudden, we're working hard to believably (but still interestingly) write how Asami will go through the said changes.

The artists will be very happy to hear that! As for the cafeteria background SE, I've brought that up to the team and we're looking into it. I'll certainly be playing the demo again so I'll try and see if I can hear the same noise. A goat bleating would be funny, but unfortunately, not quite the SE we're after! xD

Again, thanks so much for playing the trial and leaving feedback on it. I can't wait to share the second one with you and our other readers once we're done with it.

It's so nice be acknowledged that we're working hard! I personally am putting all I've got into it, as I know I'm bound to make more than a few mistakes as a first-timer. Want to nip those said mistakes in the bud as early as possible lest they end up in the final game... =O Of course, no game is perfect (plus what's "perfect" to a reader is subjective) and while aiming for perfection is a good thing, I'm trying to not become paranoid.
I'm sorry! I really wish I can talk more about this but I'll have to use a stock phrase: "You'll have to wait and see!"
Jammed wrote:Hello! I just played your demo and so far I'm impressed with the work you've done on it from art and programming to writing.

Hello, Jammed!

It's good to hear you really like Asami and find her relatable! While I think Asami's cynicism is pretty extreme and can fully understand why some readers got put off by her, I do find her refreshing in many ways. In the vein of what Jyuuguchi said, we wanted to create a protagonist that was something different from the "standard otome types" that are currently on the market. We wanted a protagonist you can really observe large character growths of rather than creating one who is bland as possible for self-insertion reasons. Realistically speaking, Asami shouldn't do a 180 just because she falls in love, definitely!

About Koga, I'm happy to hear you like him too! Jyuugichi will be chuffed, as she created him. I'm sure we both like to think there's more to Shinichi than being just "the cheerful one out of the lot", so it's nice to see that you're catching on to what we're trying to do.

More specifically, we created the characters without having any archetypes in the forefront of our minds. However, even doing so, it's still possible to assign tropes to all three of our heroes because some of their personality traits are heavily associated with established archetypes. Without getting too off point, while they do fit into simple archetypes, we're writing them so that they're more than their surface traits. Not necessarily extremely different from what they seem, but more like adding "facets" to round them out so they're not two-dimensional and not only the archetypes they come across as.

Thanks again for taking an interest in our game! I really hope you enjoy the second trial when it's ready and if you enjoyed that, the final product!

Jyuuguchi

#21 Post by Jyuuguchi »

Hi all, please be reminded that the trial is now available for download and there is a special trial preorder price going on now.

So if you liked the trial/is interested in the game and wish to support the creators, please play the trial, spread the word on your blogs/to your friends and preorder the game ^^

We are looking forward to launching a second trial with introduction to the other two love interests as well! But in order to do that, we need to know how much interest our game is garnering so please do help us out either by playing the trial and spreading the word or by preordering to support us while we finish the rest of the game :)

Luxraysrock
Projects: Children of Cosmos, Astaleth's Mages

#22 Post by Luxraysrock »

Hi! I played through the demo a few days ago and wanted to give you all some feedback.

First off, I can't relate to Asami in many ways, but I like her a lot, and with the way she's written, I can feel how strong-minded (albeit closed-minded) she is. She's a very refreshing change from the relate-able heroine who always has to express her thoughts and why she feels that way. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her more fleshed out, as she's obviously not a self-insert and isn't really supposed to be, from what I can tell.

I absolutely love the music, especially the title/main theme. I can't wait to hear more tracks!

For the art, not gonna lie, that's what drew me to this game in the first place. The art style is very attractive and eye-catching, and it reflects the tone of the game and story perfectly. The characters are designed wonderfully, and the backgrounds match the colorful and vibrant yet somehow washed out vibe (oh my gosh, the backgrounds are incredible! Give lots and lots of love to the BG artist for me!).

The only real criticism I have has already been mentioned: the BGM that plays in the classroom and cafeteria. I do like the overlapping chatter and other noises, but I think it's a bit too loud. Also since reading that other comment about the "goat bleating" I can't not hear it, haha. It's near the beginning of the loop in the cafeteria, when a group of guys(?) is laughing.

Even though the demo was short, it gave me a little taste of what I can look forward to, so know that you guys've definitely got a fan in me! I'm strongly considering pre-ordering, but (forgive me if this has been answered already), what makes the Deluxe Edition special?

Jyuuguchi

#23 Post by Jyuuguchi »

Luxraysrock wrote:Hi! I played through the demo a few days ago and wanted to give you all some feedback.

First off, I can't relate to Asami in many ways, but I like her a lot, and with the way she's written, I can feel how strong-minded (albeit closed-minded) she is. She's a very refreshing change from the relate-able heroine who always has to express her thoughts and why she feels that way. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her more fleshed out, as she's obviously not a self-insert and isn't really supposed to be, from what I can tell.

I absolutely love the music, especially the title/main theme. I can't wait to hear more tracks!

For the art, not gonna lie, that's what drew me to this game in the first place. The art style is very attractive and eye-catching, and it reflects the tone of the game and story perfectly. The characters are designed wonderfully, and the backgrounds match the colorful and vibrant yet somehow washed out vibe (oh my gosh, the backgrounds are incredible! Give lots and lots of love to the BG artist for me!).

The only real criticism I have has already been mentioned: the BGM that plays in the classroom and cafeteria. I do like the overlapping chatter and other noises, but I think it's a bit too loud. Also since reading that other comment about the "goat bleating" I can't not hear it, haha. It's near the beginning of the loop in the cafeteria, when a group of guys(?) is laughing.

Even though the demo was short, it gave me a little taste of what I can look forward to, so know that you guys've definitely got a fan in me! I'm strongly considering pre-ordering, but (forgive me if this has been answered already), what makes the Deluxe Edition special?
Hi Luxsray,

I'm very glad to know that you enjoyed the first demo game :)

We have fixed the loudness of the SFX and BGMs and hope that the readers will enjoy the overall feel of the finished game. About that goat bleating, it may have been one of the boys shouting in the hall near the canteen which unfortunately sounded like a goat XD

We have relayed your feedback about the art to the artists and they were thrilled to hear how appreciated their hard work is! Thank you for the encouragement!

A full chapter 1 demo will be out soon, and we will also be releasing a second demo with the other love interests by the end of this year, so if you're minded to play, please do continue to support us!

The deluxe version has many extras that the standard version doesn't have, and there is currently a preorder sale going on that will end once the second demo game is released. If you like, please check out the details of the standard edition/deluxe edition on our official blog at https://precatio.wordpress.com/purchase/

-Jyuuguchi

Laramie Castiel

#24 Post by Laramie Castiel »

Luxraysrock wrote:Hi! I played through the demo a few days ago and wanted to give you all some feedback.

Thank you very much for your feedback and encouragement!

About Asami, you're right- she's definitely not intended to be the "self-insert" variety. I think what's interesting is how Asami will develop as well- not just the guys. I'm happy to hear you like the art and music! Our artists are especially thrilled with hearing all the feedback. =)

As for the BGM/SE issue, we're definitely getting on top of it. I too, started hearing "goat bleating" once a couple of people mentioned it.

Again, thank you so much for your support and taking the time to leave us some feedback. We hope to deliver you the next trial soon, and that you'll enjoy that as well!

NaiDriftlin
Regular

#25 Post by NaiDriftlin »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I saw that the optimal resolution is 1024x768.

I haven't fired up the demo yet. Are higher resolutions supported? The character and scene art looks fantastic, and I was wondering if you guys have an HD version planned?
Honest Feedback Welcome! viewtopic.php?f=43&t=42105#p440676
Want feedback? Just ask!

Want instant feedback?
Join me on Discord Devtalk! https://discord.gg/K3w2khD

Laramie Castiel

#26 Post by Laramie Castiel »

NaiDriftlin wrote:Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I saw that the optimal resolution is 1024x768.

I haven't fired up the demo yet. Are higher resolutions supported? The character and scene art looks fantastic, and I was wondering if you guys have an HD version planned?
Hello, NaiDriftlin! Thank you for taking interest in our game. =)

Please don't be sorry for asking us questions about the game. I've just talked to the team's artists about this and at this stage, there is no support for resolutions higher than 1024x768. Additionally, we don't have any plans on creating an HD version.

I'm sorry for any disappointment, but hope that you will be able to enjoy Kokorogawari all the same!

Laramie Castiel

Re: Kokorogawari [CHAP 1 DEMO UP!] [GxB] [Drama, Romance] [C

#27 Post by Laramie Castiel »

Good morning, everybody!

It's been a while since our last major progress update- we've been hard at work continuing to develop Kokorogawari as well as preparing our upcoming Kickstarter campaign. We're sorry for the dry spell and hope that you'll enjoy our latest offerings! Please feel free to see our newest updates in detail by checking any content with an "Image" icon on our initial post.

First, we have launched a full Chapter 1 demo! There's an extra chunk of reading even for those who have already tried our initial trial. We really hope you enjoy it!

Download the full Chapter 1 Trial!

(Due to the trial files now exceeding 100mb (they're now between 164~168mb depending on the operating system they're built for), we're no longer able to host any of them here on Lemma Soft. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused!)

🐦 Via Kokorogawari's itch.io page!

Second, we're now running a competition to celebrate our full Chapter 1 and Upcoming Kickstarter launch!
There are two prizes up for grabs:
1st place wins a Deluxe Edition copy of the game!
2nd place wins a Standard Edition copy of the game!

To enter the draw, simply tell us what interests you about Kokorogawari and Retweet or Comment on & Share our special campaign posts. Entries close on December 3rd, 2016. Good luck to everyone who's entering!
Thank you again! We hope you will continue to support us and enjoy Kokorogawari. =)

asakura9
Projects: Still secret.

#28 Post by asakura9 »

Hello !

I was quite happy to see the release of the full chapter 1 so I have finished it too quickly T_T.
Anyways, as last time, I want to read more !
This time, we've got the first apparition of Guillam ! I am quite intrigate about how he can became close to Asami. My hypothesis is that he may be the next teacher for their Art club... Maybe I am completely wrong ! xD
I am also very curious about Koga's past... It seems that there are many things we can learn about him. As always, he's really great. I really liked the moment when he is slapped by Asami.
And Yuuya, where are you ? xD I'm looking forward his future apparition.
I like the new GUI ! We can really see how much effort you put in this game. :D
Now I will wait for the Kickstarter to begin !
Sorry for my bad english.

Laramie Castiel

#29 Post by Laramie Castiel »

asakura9 wrote:Hello !

I was quite happy to see the release of the full chapter 1 so I have finished it too quickly T_T.
Anyways, as last time, I want to read more !
This time, we've got the first apparition of Guillam ! I am quite intrigate about how he can became close to Asami. My hypothesis is that he may be the next teacher for their Art club... Maybe I am completely wrong ! xD
I am also very curious about Koga's past... It seems that there are many things we can learn about him. As always, he's really great. I really liked the moment when he is slapped by Asami.
And Yuuya, where are you ? xD I'm looking forward his future apparition.
I like the new GUI ! We can really see how much effort you put in this game. :D
Now I will wait for the Kickstarter to begin !
Great to see you again asakura!

Thank you so much for your support and feedback! It's such a nice feeling when people acknowledge how hard you've been working. =)

Team Precatio hope to receive your continuous support!

Laramie Castiel

Re: Kokorogawari [CHAP 1 DEMO UP!] [GxB Drama] [KICKSTARTER]

#30 Post by Laramie Castiel »

Good morning, everyone!

We have some exciting (and nerve-wracking!) news...

There's a variety of Rewards on offer- something for everyone! So we hope to have your support and encouragement! =)

Plus! We've recently launched our full Chapter 1 trial! We'd love for you to give it a spin:

Due to the trial files now exceeding 100mb (they're now between 164~168mb depending on the operating system they're built for), we're no longer able to host any of them here on Lemma Soft. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused!

Thank you all again for your support!