Flowerboy visual novel | A lot of roles left

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
lefic
Deviantart: citrus-lefic

Flowerboy visual novel | A lot of roles left

#1 Post by lefic »

Ok, this is my first ever project. I've never really made a visual novel before, nor have I been a part of making one. Everyone has to start somewhere, right?

I've had this idea of making a VN for a long time. It's basically a romance with humor and possibly some elements of tragedy.The story revolves around a high school girl with a passion for gardening. Everyday when she comes back from school, she spends hours talking to her flowers about her day, her secrets and some gossip. She talks to her plants because she heard it makes them grow better but also because they're very good listeners. However, one day she comes back to her house and finds her flowers have disappeared. After searching her apartment, she realizes that not only have they transformed into beautiful "flower boys", they also know all her secrets!

I only want dedicated people, as this project is going to be long-term. For now, the plan is that (if finished) this will be free. At the moment, I don't think I will be paying you but this could take any turn.

What I need are:
Coders
Music composers
Writers *FULL*
Idea bouncers
GUI designer
Artists (Apart from sprite artists)
Editors *FULL*
Other (if you have any other skills that would be useful)

There isn't a set amount of how many people I want for each role but if it's starting to become crowded, I'll add a cap (but if you really want one of the roles that's full, I might make an exception). Also, as time goes on I may increase the caps if I feel I'm short of people. Please include examples of your work. I hope we can work together on this.
Last edited by lefic on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:42 am, edited 8 times in total.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Visual Novel project needs a lot of people!

#2 Post by firecat »

what will you do, every other job seems open.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#3 Post by Mama J »

I absolutely LOVE this idea! It kind of reminds me of Nameless, haha. I'm very interested to help you with the writing/editing/idea-bouncing/character designing! Seems a lot but I'd say I'm decent with that stuff :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

So, how long would the eventual game be (in terms of words or playtime)? How many art assets do you think you will be needing.

Most importantly, how much have you already done yourself? I suppose that one paragraph up there isn't everything you have so far?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

lefic

#5 Post by lefic »

Taleweaver wrote:So, how long would the eventual game be (in terms of words or playtime)? How many art assets do you think you will be needing.

Most importantly, how much have you already done yourself? I suppose that one paragraph up there isn't everything you have so far?
I was thinking that the game could be 6+ hours. I've also written up a few bare bones for the first few parts of the story and am going to write some more today. For art, I think I'll need about 12 characters with different facial expressions, backgrounds, GUI and CGs.

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#6 Post by demonicbagel »

Lol. It sounds a lot like my project "The Flower Girl".... just that my story is only going to be an hour long, it's a Yuri, and there's only one possible romance. xD
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

lefic

#7 Post by lefic »

demonicbagel wrote:Lol. It sounds a lot like my project "The Flower Girl".... just that my story is only going to be an hour long, it's a Yuri, and there's only one possible romance. xD
Sorry, the similarity wasn't intentional. Just a coincidence. I hope your project succeeds, it sounds good.

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#8 Post by demonicbagel »

Lol no worries. Hope you can get somewhere with yours as well.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

lefic

#9 Post by lefic »

Just updating to let all of you know that the writers position is full. A system has been set up and we're now making steady progress on writing the VN. Every other position is still open and we need people to fill them.

For any of you interested, I'm also planning to have an extra GxG route added.

andrewngn13
Regular
Projects: Recast

#10 Post by andrewngn13 »

I'd be interested in editing and proofreading if that position is still open. Also idea bouncing(?)
"Feel feel to idea-bounce off me."
No, like seriously, just send a pm and I'll respond what I think. I'm open to reading anything.

crquis
Tumblr: reodo

#11 Post by crquis »

I'm interested in character designing! I don't think I'll be able to do the main art assets for this VN but I can help you with designing characters or whatever else! My art is on my twitter @crquis or just contact me on skype if you want some sketches!

deltë

#12 Post by deltë »

I'm a coder, not a great one, but I feel I might be of assistance with the VN. I'm still learning more Ren'Py. I'm not one of them people who are struggling with basics, however.

I'm mainly looking to test my coding skills. I'm not in it for money or anything. Just testing myself and seeing feedback so I can improve.

lefic

Re: Flowerboy visual novel | A lot of roles left

#13 Post by lefic »

Quick update:

The editors position is full. We still need other roles (you can check them out in the first post). Money is also being saved (130$ so far) towards the creation of sprites. Me and the rest of the people working on the project hope you can join us.

TsubasaNakajima

#14 Post by TsubasaNakajima »

It sounds great!
Last edited by TsubasaNakajima on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroJs
Tumblr: dreamingreallyhigh
Deviantart: Zerojjsu

#15 Post by ZeroJs »

The plot sounds nice!
I'm quite interested on this project and I would help with the artist position (for characters) but I'm not exactly a pro and I don't know the quality you're looking for.

Idk if you're still looking for an artist but if you are send me a message! You can check my art on deviant.
Hope the project is going well!