S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/Drama]-Commercial

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
diapersanddoodles
Projects: S.I.N & Vampire Knight VN
Deviantart: diapersanddoodles

S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/Drama]-Commercial

#1 Post by diapersanddoodles »

WEBSITE | TUMBLR | FACEBOOK

SPRITES: 10%
MUSIC: 10%
SCRIPT: 50%
PROGRAMMING: 50%
GUI: 0%
LOGO: 100%
BG: 0%
CG: 0%

8/15/16 Making Our Game Publicly Known In This Thread!

ABOUT

KICKSTARTER AND DEMO RELEASE ON JANUARY 1ST 2017

WE ARE STILL IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT, BUT QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME! WE WILL UPDATE AS DEVELOPMENT CONTINUES.

QUESTIONS:
Does the story sound intriguing?
Are you interested in playing it?
Any other comments?
Last edited by diapersanddoodles on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

diapersanddoodles

Re: S.I.N [BXG] [Mystery/Horror/Drama]-Commercial

#2 Post by diapersanddoodles »

As the detailed script is being worked on, we thought we would have our artist start working on some character designs for us. So far, so good. Currently this is a work in progress of our main protagonist in S.I.N.

ADELINE

And these two gentlemen here will be possible love interests for our protagonist.

We will bring more art updates soon!

diapersanddoodles

#3 Post by diapersanddoodles »

We have our musician, "The Dude", working hard at sending us samples of music every day! He's already produced multiple tracks for the game and we thought you guys would like to hear a rough (unfinished) sample that is considered to be part of the final game play! Have a listen on our facebook page and enjoy!

MUSIC SAMPLE: "HOLD ON" BY THE DUDE

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Does the story sound intriguing?: Definitely. One of the best ways to summarize a plot, in my opinion, is to make the readers ask a question that can only be answered by reading the book/watching the movie/playing the game. You've succeeded in doing just that. ^_^
Are you interested in playing it?: Absolutely. I have trouble getting my hands on commercial games due to not having my own money, but I still keep an eye on them, and I'd be more than willing to point people in the direction of this game.
Any other comments?:
I'm a little bit confused about who the playable character is. First, the tag that you used is BxG, which means 'boy pursues girl' (aka you play as a guy interested in getting himself a lady; GxB is the reverse of that). Then you go on to say that you play as Adeline's interrogator. In the second post, though, you describe Adeline as the main protagonist and also show two possible love interests for her.

The fact that there are five playable characters confuses me even more. Would you mind clearing it up a bit for me? I just feel like I'm missing something is all. :/

diapersanddoodles

#5 Post by diapersanddoodles »

Zelan wrote: I'm a little bit confused about who the playable character is. First, the tag that you used is BxG, which means 'boy pursues girl' (aka you play as a guy interested in getting himself a lady; GxB is the reverse of that). Then you go on to say that you play as Adeline's interrogator. In the second post, though, you describe Adeline as the main protagonist and also show two possible love interests for her.

The fact that there are five playable characters confuses me even more. Would you mind clearing it up a bit for me? I just feel like I'm missing something is all. :/
Thank you so much for your feedback! It helps us a lot! :D

The GxB thing was actually pure accident. We didn't know it mattered which letter came first. So we will fix that because it will be GIRL pursues BOY. And you will in fact play as a female lead role.

As for the 5 playable characters we feel like we should expand on that since it is a bit confusing. The point of view will change from time to time, allowing you to play as multiple characters throughout the story and revealing secrets you wouldn't necessarily have a chance of knowing unless you were playing as a certain character. The other characters haven't been defined publicly yet. But I see how that may be confusing. I will be changing the description to reflect what we really meant.

THANK YOU for pointing all of that out to us!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

diapersanddoodles wrote:
Zelan wrote: I'm a little bit confused about who the playable character is. First, the tag that you used is BxG, which means 'boy pursues girl' (aka you play as a guy interested in getting himself a lady; GxB is the reverse of that). Then you go on to say that you play as Adeline's interrogator. In the second post, though, you describe Adeline as the main protagonist and also show two possible love interests for her.

Thank you so much for your feedback! It helps us a lot! :D

The GxB thing was actually pure accident. We didn't know it mattered which letter came first. So we will fix that because it will be GIRL pursues BOY. And you will in fact play as a female lead role.

As for the 5 playable characters we feel like we should expand on that since it is a bit confusing. The point of view will change from time to time, allowing you to play as multiple characters throughout the story and revealing secrets you wouldn't necessarily have a chance of knowing unless you were playing as a certain character. The other characters haven't been defined publicly yet. But I see how that may be confusing. I will be changing the description to reflect what we really meant.

THANK YOU for pointing all of that out to us!
Ah, okay! That makes sense. And it's no problem at all, the terminology really is confusing at time. It took me a while to understand the difference. c:

Now I'm really interested to see how you guys go about the changing point-of-view, since I'm thinking of doing something similar for one of my own projects (albeit with only two different characters, not five).

Also, something that I forgot to mention previously, but I'm very grateful for the option to turn off the horror elements in CGs. Horror has never been something that I'm a huge fan of, but I still like to be able to enjoy stories like this without being too squicked by the illustrations.

diapersanddoodles

#7 Post by diapersanddoodles »

Zelan wrote: Ah, okay! That makes sense. And it's no problem at all, the terminology really is confusing at time. It took me a while to understand the difference. c:

Now I'm really interested to see how you guys go about the changing point-of-view, since I'm thinking of doing something similar for one of my own projects (albeit with only two different characters, not five).

Also, something that I forgot to mention previously, but I'm very grateful for the option to turn off the horror elements in CGs. Horror has never been something that I'm a huge fan of, but I still like to be able to enjoy stories like this without being too squicked by the illustrations.
The switching between characters was a challenge at first, but we think we found a process that works. We plan to have a beta demo in the future and get feedback from people, to see if it's too confusing or not.

Also, yes we want the gore to be controlled by the player because we know blood can be icky for some people. So we want everyone to have the option to play the game to their liking. :D