NEW DEMO Sentimental Trickster: BL / yaoi visual novel

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Moonspeck
Regular
Projects: Sentimental Trickster, new BL fantasy dating sim
Organization: Lovenuts
itch: lazuli

NEW DEMO Sentimental Trickster: BL / yaoi visual novel

#1 Post by Moonspeck »

Hello,

The new demo is up! Thanks to your support during and after Kickstarter campaign, I could hire two graphic designers to help me improve things :) I also revised the story, so it's a bit different now. I hope you'll like the changes! As always, I'm looking forward to your honest feedback on the game. I was able to improve so many things because you pointed out my mistakes. I couldn't be more grateful ^__^

Sentimental Trickster is a story of someone who wants to change. With your choices (and there's A LOT, e.g. THIS GRAPH shows just one route), you can help him get close to people, or make his life miserable. You can learn more about the game and DOWNLOAD the new demo here:

And here are some new screenshots from the game itself:

Please, play the new demo and let me know what you think! :)
Last edited by Moonspeck on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

Re: Sentimental Trickster: yaoi visual novel [Kickstarter][d

#2 Post by Mama J »

Omg, I'm absolutely obsessed with the character art! My favorite is Jin since, hehe, I'm attracted to trouble? (Not good in the long run, I know)

I played the demo, and let me just say -- the graphics are amaaaazing, the backgrounds are gorgeous, and the story is fantastically tasteful and hilarious :lol: The dialogue and interaction between characters is so clever; It's so cute! I already ship Jin and Haru *gasp* Ship name = Jaru!! It's perfect! I can't wait to see the development of this game grow :) Keep it up, I think you're doing fantastic!

Moonspeck
Regular

Re: Sentimental Trickster: yaoi visual novel [Kickstarter][d

#3 Post by Moonspeck »

Mama J, Reading comments like yours makes me so unbelievably happy. It makes it all worthwhile. Thank you so much!

Haha, it's an awesome ship name! I like Jin too (well, it would be weird if I didn't like my characters :D), but I think my favorite, apart from Haru, is Shinya. I just love writing their dialogues, it always cracks me up. Once again, thank you and please spread the word^^

Moonspeck
Regular

Re: Sentimental Trickster: [YAOI JAM] [Kickstarter][demo]

#4 Post by Moonspeck »

I've just added the game to this year's YAOI JAM :)

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#5 Post by robovelociraptor »

Yo! Dropped in to say congrats on getting full funding! :D Good luck in reaching your stretch goals!

Moonspeck
Regular

#6 Post by Moonspeck »

Thank you so much! I'm also trying to get the game accepted on Steam Greenlight :)

- Eris
Regular

#7 Post by - Eris »

Okay so I just finished playing the demo (got 3 of the 5 endings) and I must say that I'm really looking forward to the release.
First of all, your art is really good idk what you're talking about saying that is not perfect, just look at Haru, he's the cutest thing, he's one of the cutests protagonist I've ever saw in all of my years playing VN (BL&Otome) and the other 4 boys are really good looking and very well drawn, maybe is not perfect as you want? but to me is really beautiful and I'm very pleased and actually, aside from it being a BL game, you art was what made me want to play it.

Okay, let's continue, I have a lot to say so sorry if this turns out to be a super long post xD as you said I played the demo without reading anything about the game, I didn't even read the characters bio, I just saw the art and thought "I have to play this" and I really enjoyed it, I was a little lost at the beginning but then I figured out the story and had no problems to follow it.
I've just read the kickstarter post and there's something I can totally relate to Haru "Sentimental Trickster puts you in charge of Haru and all the important choices ahead. To be honest, your protagonist is not sure he’s made the right ones so far. The only thing he’s sure about is that he’s lost" I'm the same as him, I'm always wondering if I made the right choices and I'm really lost, especially when it comes to directions xD and I'm also considering moving to a big city in another country...
Also you said that the game will have A LOT of choices, right? That's another reason for me to love and want to play this game asap! I love to be the one who chooses everything, every little tiny detail I'm able to choose, I want it, but I also have this love&hate relationship with choices because I like when I have to choose something but I also hate it because I don't want to choose the wrong one an screw everything up and ugh... but I like choices and having a lot of them is just... the best and worst at the same time xD

Oh god... I had so many things to say but I forgot them already xD Hmmm oh yeah, so far I like the 5 of them, Haru, Jin and Kanae are my favs, Haru is just so adorable, really, and I love his personailty and I liked... I forgot her name... I'm really bad with names but is the blond girl that is talking with Kanae and the other girl at the beginning, I like her too, she's really pretty, I hope Haru gets to interact with her often ^^
Oh right, I'm really curious to know more about Haru's past, that dream he had made me think of a lot of background stories...
I'm really happy that you found what makes you happy and that's something that makes other people happy too, like me! If you're doing something that doesn't makes you happy then you're just wasting your time and that's something we can't do, so keep writing and drawing all the stories you want and enjoy this new adventure!
And OMG A 12 HOURS LONG GAME?! THAT'S LIKE... HALF A DAY OF PLAYING! THANK YOU SO MUCH! T-T
I have really bad luck with Nitro+Chiral games, they wont run in my pc and I've tried SO.MANY.TIMES to install them but nothing works so thank you for that too, maybe your game will be even better that Nitro+Chiral games, who knows? hahahaha xD

Okay I think this is waaaaay too long so I'll stop writing now, again thank you so much for creating this game, is really hard to find BL games that has good art and a good story, and overall is hard to find BL games that aren't in japanese so, thank you very much! Also, sorry if my english isn't really good xD oh and right now I can't participate in the donations because I'm in college so all of my money goes to things related to my studies but once I finish this semester I promise I'll donate what I can ^^

Moonspeck
Regular

#8 Post by Moonspeck »

The game has been GREENLIT ON STEAM! ^^

- Eris, thank you so much for such positive feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed not only the story but the art as well. Haru may look cute but he doesn't want to be cute haha :D He wants to be independent but lacks confidence sometimes. Overall, I want to make him relatable and human. I want him to have problems like we all have from time to time.

Yeah, making choices will be extremely important. After all, it should be the player's decision what they want to do with their main character :) Some choices will be tricky but every route will add something new to the experience, so I hope even the bad ones will leave the player fulfilled. Oh, it's interesting that your situation is similar to Haru's. The game will probably resonate with your strongly then^^ I'm happy you're excited to see the finished product!

I love the girls (Midori and Anna^^) too! I didn't want to make them mean or only background characters. They will also have their own story, personalities and hobbies. And Haru will definitely talk with them a lot.

I'm sorry that you can't install nitro+chiral games > < I hope my game will be able to fill that void even a little bit. Oh, and don't worry about donating! Right now spreading the word is the most important :) And I will leave the PayPal option open after the campaign is finished.

Moonspeck
Regular

Re: Sentimental Trickster: yaoi visual novel [9 more days on

#9 Post by Moonspeck »

Some new CGs :)

*The dragon was made by Michael and can be found here. The background was found here.

[18+ NSFW!] Jin x Haru CLICK to view

Moonspeck
Regular

Re: Sentimental Trickster: yaoi visual novel [4 days left on

#10 Post by Moonspeck »

First Stretch Goal reached, yay! Only 4 more days to go!

Moonspeck
Regular

Re: NEW DEMO Sentimental Trickster: BL / yaoi visual novel

#11 Post by Moonspeck »

Bump for the new demo :)