Delete please, thanks !

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
WhiteCharisma
Regular

Delete please, thanks !

#1 Post by WhiteCharisma »

Delete please, thanks.
Last edited by WhiteCharisma on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: I want to built my dream Visual Novel but HOW !?

#2 Post by trooper6 »

If you want to recruit people for your project, you might what this to be in the recruitment section.
Best of luck with your project.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

WhiteCharisma
Regular

#3 Post by WhiteCharisma »

Thanks for your reply trooper6, i'm new here so i don't know how all work.
Anyway i need a template or something other for do a recruitment here ? I mean tell the history and other stuff ?
Thanks

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#4 Post by trooper6 »

Go to the Recruiting Thread: viewforum.php?f=58
Read some of the posts to get a sense of how people write their recruitment posts.
Note the recruiting rules at the top of each thread: "Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work."

Note however, I don't recommend making your dream project first. The one with all the animation...the one that will be huge and amazing and everything you want.
I recommend making a ten minute game first. To find some collaborators you work well with, to find out how to make a game from beginning to end...to get better. And after you have a game or two under your belt, then going for your big project. But that is just my 2 cents.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

WhiteCharisma
Regular

#5 Post by WhiteCharisma »

So i have to work with other project from other people or an another project of my own but with simple feature and story for start you mean ?
I have some idea of really simple visual novel and short one, but like you said i had to know people want to work with me before all and that the hardest parts.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#6 Post by Caveat Lector »

Another recommendation I have: Save up a budget, up to at least $1200, maybe a little more than that. Good artists/musicians/programmers/etc, cost a lot of money. As a wise DC movie character once said:
If you're good at something, never do it for free.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

WhiteCharisma
Regular

#7 Post by WhiteCharisma »

Caveat Lector, So i should offer my service of "video editing" like for make ending, intro, trailer etc .... and be paid ?
I know that i'm good at video, but i never things about that.
If i can be paid, it's can be a way to make me more know about my quality and make people would love to work with me, so it's not a bad idea.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

WhiteCharisma wrote:Caveat Lector, So i should offer my service of "video editing" like for make ending, intro, trailer etc .... and be paid ?
I know that i'm good at video, but i never things about that.
If i can be paid, it's can be a way to make me more know about my quality and make people would love to work with me, so it's not a bad idea.
If you're good at something that is useful to this community, I always recommend you offer your services on our Recruitment forums. Video editors aren't exactly common here (though not every project needs one, I suppose), so people will definitely take notice if you open a thread.

You can earn money by marketing your services here, yes, or you can offer a skill exchange - "if you make art for me, I'll make your opening video for you". That's a practice that's become quite common here, and it may be what you are looking for if you're recruiting people for your dream visual novel.

Of course, as people before me have said, you don't necessarily need to make your dream VN your first VN. Most people start a little smaller, prove they can get things done on a smaller scale, and thus earn the reputation to recruit the people they want for their big projects. I know that's probably not what you want to hear if your dream is to make exactly the VN you already have in your mind, but that's a recommendation you are going to get from me, and a great many other people here as well.

You can also just throw money at our community and hire the people you need for art, writing, music, programming etc. But then again, is it really YOUR project if other people do all the work and you only pay them?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#9 Post by SundownKid »

Most of making games simply revolves around:

a) Having enough money to hire people to make a game (and yes, in my opinion you can still make a game that is distinctly "you" even if you aren't doing any of the work besides art direction and story direction, but it takes an auteur's touch)
b) If you don't have enough money, having enough skill and time to do the work yourself.

The other part is knowing how to manage people and marketing your game (also involves money)

The vast majority of new devs assume they can make a game just by "finding people who want to work with them"... this may be true but 95% of the time it is a mistake. Free work is unreliable at the best of times. Even if that other person is a close friend who you know. And if someone is unable to complete enough of the game you will lose a lot of time having to start from scratch.

Still, it's possible to make small games with others working for free. But there may have to be some degree of compromise.

WhiteCharisma
Regular

#10 Post by WhiteCharisma »

Thanks for all your reply, you are awesome.

I decided to offer my video editing service here for make some start budget for my "visual novel project".

For the moment like you have all said, i going to start little with a simple game for learn the basics correctly OR works in team who need someone for the visual novel.

I thinks it's the best way to go for the moment :mrgreen:

agnidevi
Deviantart: agnidevi

#11 Post by agnidevi »

Start writing. Seriously. The 'About me' part looks like a premise for the story already. Omit the visual part (for now) and focus on the novel side. OR just do a music video and express your passion that way. You can tell a story without any words at all, just by combining existing footage and music. In both cases this is something you can do by yourself without engaging external resources.

Like the people already suggested, start small. I once did a simple picture to express a certain mood and it inspired others to paint their images, compose music, creating youtube videos etc. If I were for full blown animation I would never complete it.

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

#12 Post by 78909087 »

Even without images, animation or music- you sound like you're on your way to creating a complex and interesting world based around Touge. What kind of VN would you be creating? A stat raiser, or a slice of life...?
I could imagine the story starting (loosely based on your experience) after having lost the first car- building up money, friends and courage to race again. Of course this is just my input, but I'm interested about your ideas- this is definitely something that would be new and interesting to stat raising. There are many ways to tell the same story though, so don't let me sway you.
I am not friends with the sun.

WhiteCharisma
Regular

#13 Post by WhiteCharisma »

Thanks for all reply.
78909087 i going to send you a private message about the project :)