e·phem·er·al [Drama, Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

e·phem·er·al [Drama, Slice of Life]

#1 Post by KittyWills »

UPDATES IN SECOND POST!

~~~~~
~~~~~

I first met them six months ago...
They haven't change much, if at all.

A half year after the accident that landed you in the hospital, you return for a routine check-up and to visit the pair of siblings you befriended during your initial stay.
A short, bittersweet story of friendship, decisions of the past, and questions of the future.

~~~~~

CHARACTERS

ImageImage

Micah and Finn

Micah is an upbeat boy who tries to make the best of any situation. He treats life with a very go-with-the-flow attitude. Though a lot of that may be to hide his own insecurities. He always looks forward for when you come to visit.

Finn is the more serious of the two siblings and tends to come off as a bit lofty. She always means well though and tends to be the voice of reason for you and Micah. Everyday she is in to visit her brother at the hospital.

Screenshots

-
-

More screenshots on tumblr and facebook!
Final game subject to changes.

Notes

This will be a shorter, simple game with a tentative 3-4 hours play through.
Eight possibles endings, two of them un-lockable.
A "pure" VN style game. Not stat raising or ilk.

Credits

Writing: PeachandRabbit, Jin, Kayla
Concept Art : Angela T.
Art: candies-and-sweets
Music: Nate L.
Programing: KittyWills
Legal: Kay (info@kkbgames.com)

Questions~

What devices do you prefer playing games on? PC, IOS, Andriod, Etc?
We are planning to port to IOS. What apple device do you use?
Are you more likely to play shorter VNs or do you tend to pass them up for longer ones?
Do you prefer games with a "dating" option or should there be more "platonic" games on the market?

https://kkbgames.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KKBGames-1751959735032590/
https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en
http://kkbgames.tumblr.com/
Last edited by KittyWills on Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 am, edited 17 times in total.

KittyWills
Regular

Re: e·phem·er·al [Drama, Slice of Life]

#2 Post by KittyWills »

~Updates Here~

SCRIPT DONE!
MUSIC DONE!
ART DONE!
GUI CODED!
All that's left is to code the bulk of the game. =D Still on a tentative May release assuming nothing horrible happens. =D
We will also be at Cherry Capital Comic Con on May 26th-28th~

WE ARE BACK! Took a little hiatus to get things figured out, but I think we're in a good place again. All the art is done, music has been commissioned and should be with us a couple weeks. And most exciting, we found another writer to help toss this script out. May 2017 is our new tentative release date. More update to follow!

We hit a couple snags, severely slowing down progress. But I have decided to use this down time to reevaluate some aspects of the game. We're looking at a 2017 release. I'll finish it! I promise you that!

We're still here! Chugging away at writing and coding.
We have a website and store! Not a whole lot there, but we will be adding a lot over the summer. Donations are live in the store as well. We appreciate all the support! Love you guys~~~ https://kkbgames.com/
Art is 100% done! Woohoo!!
We hit yet another snag with our music. We'll be looking for a new composer as soon as the script is done.
We will be at Cherry Capital Cherry Con this Memorial weekend! If you're around come say hi at booth #608!

Art is 95% done! All the character sprites are good to go!
We have started work on the guide/art book as well.

We will be at Cherry Capital Comic Con this May! More updates with table location to come.
GUI 50% coded!
Finn Sprites 30%
Micah Sprites 85%

GUI is 100% art-ed! Coding in full swing and will hopefully be done in a couple weeks.
Micah sprites 50%
Backgrounds 65%
Also we have a facebook as well!

The game has entered full production.
Concept work is done and the first draft of the script is well on it's way.
GUI is 50% done.

~~~~~
Last edited by KittyWills on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#3 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

What devices do you prefer playing games on? PC, IOS, Andriod, Etc? - I prefer using a pc. Other systems are harder for me to get, as I don't have money for them right now. And I am more used to using a pc, anyway.

We are planning to port to IOS. What apple device do you use? - At the moment, none.

Are you more likely to play shorter VNs or do you tend to pass them up for longer ones? - As long as the game is good, I will play it. Length doesn't matter.

Do you prefer games with a "dating" option or should there be more "platonic" games on the market? - I really prefer dating sim games. With no romantic partner, those games help me feel less lonely, and I find them to be sweet. Call me a hopeless romantic. :p

KittyWills
Regular

#4 Post by KittyWills »

We has facebook! Peeps still use that right? lol
https://www.facebook.com/KKBGames-1751959735032590/

Added a bunch of screenshots of our fancy new GUI. As well as some other updates above~

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#5 Post by Alcor »

Hello there! The GUI is looking really gorgeous, and Micah's character sprite is really nice as well--actually, all the art is really well done. The colors are so dreamy.

For VNs, I would prefer to use a PC. I love to play full screen on my laptop for a more immersive experience.

None ^_^;

Are you more likely to play shorter VNs or do you tend to pass them up for longer ones?
I would say that although I generally play longer VNs, I would like to see more high-quality shorter ones.

Do you prefer games with a "dating" option or should there be more "platonic" games on the market?
To be honest, I generally play more games with some sort of romance option. But I really would love to see more non-romance games, as long as they tell their story well.

Hope that helped. Best of luck with your project!

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#6 Post by Didules »

Oh, this looks like an interesting game! Love the work you did on the GUI! And the colouring of the sprite too, it looks gorgeous! Kudos to the artists!
It depends on the length of the game. If it exceeds 1 hour and isn't divided into short scenes, definitely PC. If it's way shorter (1h or less), android is okay, though I still prefer PC because it often enables us to see the nice CG and sprites on a bigger screen :)
None, sorry :( IOs may not be the best device (since most people have a samsung now, and not an iphone or an ipad)).
It all depends on the story. If it seems interesting I'll try it, whether it's long or short. If it's really long and the writing isn't well balanced I'll give up though. On the contrary short games may be to be too condensed.
I don't really care, if the plot is good enough I'll like the game, whether it's all about romance or not. It'd be good to see more platonic games, but often in platonic games it lacks of a sense of achievment: the plot ends in a situation that doesn't seem satisfying, because all relationships have lead to nowhere in particular and the plot didn't enable us to see how great the relationships you built are, and how they couldn't be better off.

I hope those answers are useful somehow and wish you alll the best with your game!!!!!! :)

mysticichigo
Regular

#7 Post by mysticichigo »

This sounds interesting. I don't usually go for slice-of-life stuff, but I do like drama-type stories. Particularly when there's not stat-raising... or at least not much of it

KittyWills
Regular

#8 Post by KittyWills »

Updates~~

We will be at Cherry Capital Comic Con this May! More updates with table location to come.
GUI 50% coded!
Finn Sprites 30%
Micah Sprites 85%

KittyWills
Regular

#9 Post by KittyWills »

Updates~~~~

Art is 95% done! All the character sprites are good to go!
Script is 50%
We have started work on the guide/art book as well.

KittyWills
Regular

#10 Post by KittyWills »

Updates~

Music and Art is DONE! Getting closer to release everyday!

KittyWills
Regular

#11 Post by KittyWills »

We're still slowly writing and coding so not a lot to show. But we did toss together some stickers that we will have at the Cherry Capital Comic Con! Stop on by in you are there~ =D

KairuKyun
Veteran
Completed: No One But You, Catch Canvas, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Warped Reality
Projects: Warped Reality
Organization: Unwonted Studios
IRC Nick: Kairu_kyun
Tumblr: karamuchan

#12 Post by KairuKyun »

The art is cute :3
Kyle Tyner
Creator of Unwonted Studios
ktyner@unwontedstudios.co
Visit Our Website
Projects: No One But You, Sickness, Written in the Sky, Wander no more, Catch Canvas, Warped Reality

KittyWills
Regular

#13 Post by KittyWills »

We're still here! Chugging away at writing and coding.
We have a website and store! Not a whole lot there, but we will be adding a lot over the summer. Donations are live in the store as well.
We appreciate all the support! Love you guys~~~ https://kkbgames.com/
Art is 100% done! Woohoo!!
We hit yet another snag with our music. We'll be looking for a new composer as soon as the script is done.
We will be at Cherry Capital Cherry Con this Memorial weekend! If you're around come say hi at booth #608! We'll be selling stickers and show a sneak peek of Ephemral and Aeronaut!

KittyWills
Regular

#14 Post by KittyWills »

We hit a couple snags, severely slowing down progress. But I have decided to use this down time to reevaluate some aspects of the game. I'll most likely be moving to Unity for coding. Possibly making it a bit more interactive. We're looking at a 2017 release. I'll finish it! I promise you that!

KittyWills
Regular

#15 Post by KittyWills »

WE ARE BACK! Took a little hiatus to get things figured out, but I think we're in a good place again. All the art is done, music has been commissioned and should be with us a couple weeks. And most exciting, we found another writer to help toss this script out. May 2017 is our new tentative release date. More update to follow!