Welcome to Intergalactic High! [BxG][VN/RPG][Sci-fi][2018]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

Welcome to Intergalactic High! [BxG][VN/RPG][Sci-fi][2018]

#1 Post by SypherZent »

Hello! My name is SypherZent and I would like to introduce the Visual Novel that I am developing.
It will be a free VN for Steam. I am also including many RPG elements.

I am mostly a writer and a programmer, however I'm also learning and working on the artwork myself.
I will include as much information as I can with respect to the gameplay.
The actual story is quite deep and I have not yet revealed any information regarding the plot and events.

My goal is to provide the gaming community with something spectacular for my first game.
Therefore, I would love to hear your feedback in this early stage of development!

Please note: Any information posted here is subject to change.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read!

Important Update - 2017

Code: Select all

Hello! I have an important update regarding Welcome to Intergalactic High! (hereby after referred to as IH)

I discovered Ren'Py in Sept. 2016, and immediately delved into creating this VN concept, Welcome to IH.

The more I elaborated on the Visual Novel, the more I realized that Ren'Py is an extremely versatile and powerful engine. When 2017 began, I evaluated my life plans (as I've been doing for the last three years), and I realized that Ren'Py is suitable enough to carry out my original intention in video game development.

See, I am a self taught programmer in multiple languages, despite my University studies being in a different field, ever since I was 12 years old there has been a very specific game that I want to create.

Realizing that Ren'Py is powerful enough to enable me to fully create the game I have always desired, it was a heavy burden for me, but I made the decision to put Welcome to IH on a HOLD status, so that I can fully focus on the development of this new game, the true spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics (the original, not Advance).

The systems that I have already created for my tactics game, will undoubtedly be used in Welcome to IH. I still intend to make IH mostly Visual Novel gameplay (i.e. story based, decision making, and in-depth plot). However, I would like to bring IH to life with a simple Point and Click movement and exploration system, that I am going to base off the Tile Based map engine I am creating for the tactics game.

For now, I wanted to announce this, for the few who have been following the progress of Welcome to IH. I will be posting updates on the Tactics Engine that I am creating as soon as I have marketable artwork and no placeholders. I already have two artists on standby for the completion of the game engine, as well as a music+sound artist, and a music producer.

Thus far, I have an Inventory System, Squad Management System, Equipment System, Ability System, fully functional with Save/Load, and I will be working on Map Exploration next, with Biome and Faction system following suit.

At some point I will create a WiP thread for the new game, however I am debating whether to do that after crowdfunding. In any case, please know that Welcome to IH is on HOLD status in the meantime. The new game will be a commercial distribution, so it will also help to fuel the development of Welcome to IH at a later time.

For any questions, feel free to contact me via my Twitter account.

Thanks for all of the feedback in this forum!
    I will be using the same thread once development of Welcome to IH continues. ^^

----------

Code: Select all

Latest Updates:

--- 11/25/2016 ---
Modified some info regarding completion dates / added estimated completion

--- 10/21/2016 ---
Added Character Extra: Asura, the Social & Cultural Studies teacher
Added Character Extra: Velio, the Science & Technology teacher

--- 10/15 - 10/19 (2016) ---
Updated all of the races to image format

--- 9/18 - 9/29 (2016) ---
Formatting, races info, screenshots & video previews

Current Synopsis

Mankind has recently made contact with extraterrestrial life. After a few years of diplomatic relations, a cultural exchange program has been established, which will allow a small group of human students to attend an Intergalactic High School for the first time. In this story, you will be one of the human students who have been selected for this amazing experience!

Will you obey the rules and be a good student?
Will you be a slacker and disrespect the teachers?
Or will you just sit and idly watch as the school year goes by?
Or maybe a bit of everything?

What you do will not necessarily change the events that are about to occur at Intergalactic High.
However, based on what you do, you CAN choose which side you wish to join!

So, are you ready for a school year like no other?

Planned Features
Important Notes:
  1. IH stands for 'Intergalactic High'
  2. These features are subject to change as the development process continues.
  • A day-by-day structure reminiscent of the Persona games (done!).
  • A stat-based choice system reminiscent of the Fallout games (done!).
  • A psychology system where your character's thoughts and actions change based on your choices (in progress, ties with entire storyline!).
  • A favor system reminiscent of the Mass Effect games where you can befriend or become enemy with the main characters.
  • Free Time where you choose if you want to raise stats by going to a facility, go have fun, or just waste the day sleeping (in progress!).
  • Romantic Options: Three girls to pursue. Get the right stats up, and act accordingly based on the girl you want to conquer!
  • Date System: On Saturday nights, you'll be able to invite a romantic option to one of multiple venues for a date.
  • Dates from Hell: This happens if you take your date to the wrong venue, or well...say the wrong things.
  • Dozens of choice events that will modify many aspects of the game including:
    • favor with teachers
    • favor with students of other races
    • character psychology
    • unlocking hidden events
  • A school ranking system that takes into account your answers in class, tests, and performance during missions.
  • You can fail all tests and missions and still complete the game!
  • Optional exploration missions with 20 different outcomes (video preview coming soon!)
  • Hidden scenes by visiting specific locations on specific days.
  • Different endings based on your overall psychological development.
  • Over 200,000 words projected (according to a weight measurement system based on the current word count)
    (Don't worry! You won't see all 200k words in a single playthrough.)

Videos

Last edited by SypherZent on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 26 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Welcome to Intergalactic High! [BxG][VN/RPG][Sci-fi][Fre

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

SypherZent wrote:I am mostly a writer and a programmer... My goal is to provide the gaming community with something spectacular for my first game.
Have you written and finished (perhaps published) a lengthy story? Have you created a complex multimedia project of any kind?

Overall, I want to encourage you. I like seeing people who are working on ambitious projects. I enjoy seeing things which are risky and offbeat.

At the same time, I'm worried. SypherZent, please keep in mind that a lot of work-in-progress visual novels never get past the planning stages. I believe you'll benefit if you take some time to read the forum topic Why So Many Unfinished VNs? Then ask yourself some questions, such as...

* Should I release Welcome to Intergalactic High as an indie game, or perhaps free-to-play? (If you charge money for the final product, it will be easier to justify spending time with development, as well as pay people to help you.)
* How many systems and game mechanics of my project are absolutely necessary? Which ones can potentially be left on the cutting room floor?
* How many people can I rely on to help me? Will I be able to continue creating Welcome to Intergalactic High if one or more of them are no longer available?
* How will I deal with perfectionism? What if the first draft's writing doesn't meet my expectations?
* How will I deal with procrastination? Can I set deadlines, and then meet them?
SypherZent wrote: I would love to hear your feedback in these early stages of development!
What do you think of the concept? Does this sound like a free VN you'd like to play?
1. I'd pay for the final version.
2. I've enjoyed a number of games and VNs which include boy x girl relationships. Before purchasing one, I ask myself, "Do I like the art?" and "Do I think the premise seems interesting?" During the first few minutes of experiencing one, I ask myself, "Do I like the story, characters, and/or gameplay?"
3. Make sure to think about the science fiction setting. Do people have access to things such as faster-than-light travel? How about terraforming? How do the extraterrestrials resemble humans, and how are they different?
4. I don't use computer games much these days. Though I have a Steam account (with all of two games), I haven't used the software in months.
5. I've heard about the Fallout and Mass Effect franchises, but I've never tried either. The reasons are off-topic.

SypherZent
Veteran

#3 Post by SypherZent »

Hello gekiganwing! Thank you for your post!
Allow me to answer these questions. ^^

Have you written and finished (perhaps published) a lengthy story?
I have actually written many short stories in my life, as well as a 20,000+ word novella for which I recently received the copyright documents. It is still unpublished.
Aside from my unpublished works, I have other writing experience.

For example, I was an English writing tutor for 2 years officially hired by the University that I attended.
In 12th grade, a teacher at my High School accused me of plagiarism after I won the short story writing contest.
Luckily, I had three witnesses who saw me write it from scratch, in its entirety.

Have you created a complex multimedia project of any kind?
Yes. I've been a professional programmer for over 7 years and I've done dozens (maybe hundreds) of freelance projects, many of which I have NDA and I am not at liberty to discuss. I have yet to create and launch a product of my own, which is why I've been preparing for a few years to create my first video game.

Aside from actual programming I also do a bit of video editing, sound editing, and artwork in Gimp!

...a lot of work-in-progress visual novels never get past the planning stages.
I understand your point of view! For me, this VN is not just an idea, or just a project. It is well past the planning stage.

I discovered Ren'Py on September 4th, 2016 and since then I have spent my full time in development (at 12-15 hours daily). Today is Day #13 of development and currently there are 15,000+ words for the dialogue, 12 music themes, 38 backgrounds, 28 sounds all formatted and in game. Most of the programming for game mechanics and GUI is also complete. This is roughly 182 hours labor hours (much more than 40 hours per week).

At my current rate, and based on projections from my excel charts, I plan on completing the writing in mid November.

I'd like to also point out that I am not creating simply filler material. I am writing a full-fledged plot and original story!
The Harry Potter books are my inspiration, and I wish to offer a story of this level (the first HP book was about 77k words).

* Should I release Welcome to Intergalactic High as an indie game, or perhaps free-to-play?
I gave this deep consideration and there are a number of reasons I would like to make this first game free.

Right now I have no name in the industry and it's very difficult to wave your hand and have people know what you are capable of creating (actually it's impossible...unless you've got a really weird superpower xD).

For example, even if you write an amazing book with an incredible plot twist, people actually have to finish reading the book to discover the twist.
Previews or marketing cannot truly express the depth of an actual story.

It is my goal to launch this first game as a free game. I am hoping that this will help introduce people to the world I am creating, and also help me to establish a name in the industry!

* How many systems and game mechanics of my project are absolutely necessary? Which ones can potentially be left on the cutting room floor?
I am actually in the process of this. I reiterate this process throughout the development as I see how everything is going. I also try to measure quality vs quantity. The game will be no good if all events are simply filler material! Therefore the events have to be carefully crafted and have meaningful results.

* How many people can I rely on to help me? Will I be able to continue creating Welcome to Intergalactic High if one or more of them are no longer available?
This has always been a major limitation for me in other projects. It is not a limitation in this project.
Before beginning this project, I -literally- checked every single page of Lemma Soft Forums.
I checked the entire Creative Commons section, the 'I am an Artist' section.
I used the links to external sites they provided in order to find resources.

I downloaded most of the resources that I would need prior to even downloading the software.
Basically, I wanted to ensure that this will be a project that I will be able to successfully develop and launch by myself, even if I did not have the support.

It's not out of pride or anything like that. I tried to get a number of friends to join me for this endeavor. However, nobody was really up for investing the time.

Video game development is really a passion for me. I've been wanting to make videos games most of my life.
I even used to make games on pen and paper in school, D&D style, when I was 8-9 years old (and I had never played D&D)!

My vision is to one day own a small indie company and produce the games that I've conceptualized over the years.
I know this sounds cliché, but I have actually pursued this over the last few years, rather than work in the field from which I graduated from college.
To such extent is my passion for game development, that I actively pursue it.

* How will I deal with perfectionism? What if the first draft's writing doesn't meet my expectations?
Personally, I drink coffee two times a day. My first draft never meets my expectations, but what I do is, I write it and then I continue writing. Since this game is developed on a day-to-day basis, this means I can write 8-31 and 9-1 today, and next week I can perform Quality Assurance and go back to 8-31 and 9-1 and revise the content.

I perform Quality Assurance as a reiterative process. Many of the short scenes I have completed have already been edited and proofread. They have even been modified to add more ties to the plot (things like hidden events...i.e. if you visit (this room) on (this day) you will run into (this person) who is actually there for a reason tied to the plot.

* How will I deal with procrastination? Can I set deadlines, and then meet them?
I procrastinated for enough months prior to this project, haha!
Currently I am working according to deadline, the way I used to work back in college, and also the way I work for my clients.
For example, my writing deadline is set for Nov. 16, 2016.

-----

1. I'd pay for the final version.
Thank you! It is a big plus hearing this!

2. I've enjoyed a number of games and VNs...
Thank you also for your feedback on this. I always find it useful knowing how the users think, and also what they expect!

3. Make sure to think about the science fiction setting. Do people have access to things such as faster-than-light travel? How about terraforming? How do the extraterrestrials resemble humans, and how are they different?
This has truly been the greatest challenge! Not to mention, what would they teach in a Space School?
Surely, we wouldn't be learning about our small Milky Way galaxy in the broad scope that is the universe!
Challenging as it may be, I actually enjoy this part of the work.

When I try to think of a mainstream title that does this particularly well, the Mass Effect series stands out.
For me, Mass Effect was truly amazing writing. I had not enjoyed a sci-fi setting to that level of depth since the Star Trek TV show.

They really did an amazing job coming up with the races, the physiological differences, the traditions, and culture.
I am doing my best to come up with my own world and concepts. I believe things like this are very important in storytelling and help people feel more immersed!

4. I don't use computer games much these days. ...
Thank you for your feedback on this, as well!
To my knowledge, aside from Steam, games created with Ren'Py are also compatible with iOS and Android.
I hope to release this game as a free VN on all three platforms.

5. I've heard about the Fallout and Mass Effect franchises...
Lately, I'm beginning to realize that the demographic/target market for VNs is slightly different from Action/RPG games.
I am hoping that I will be able to create a good hybrid, suitable for both audiences.
There won't be running around as most RPG games, but I do provide menus to select locations to visit during certain parts of the gameplay.

---

Hmm, I may have written a bit much. xD Apologies!

Thanks again for your questions and feedback!
Any more questions, suggestions or comments are welcome! ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Since I haven't played any Persona, Mass Effect, or Fallout games (I know, I suck), I can't really comment on those features. But the psychology system is intriguing, I'd love to see how that turns out in different playthroughs.

The tests are interesting, too - am I actually going to have to pay attention to what my character is told in class and take the test myself, or am I just choosing whether or not my character pays attention and by extension whether he passes? Either way would be okay with me. (When you're so boring that you wouldn't mind taking a standardized test while playing a video game. cx)

About your characters: even if you don't have any art for them yet, I'd suggest putting up little descriptions about at least the main characters. The premise is phenomenal and the list of planned features is extensive, but people (including myself) love to see who they'll be sharing this adventure with.

You mentioned that a small group of human students has been selected to attend IH. Is this group completely comprised of the protagonist and the three love interests? Are there other human characters, either males or non-romanceable females, that the protagonist can form friendships (or even enemy-ships) with? Something like that would probably be a good idea - a trap that a lot of VNs fall into is focusing too much on the romantic relationships and shunting aside minor characters to just a few shallow bits of dialogue.

Furthermore, is one (or more) of the love interests an alien? A route like this would probably be very different to write, and considering the politics and perspectives in your world of human x alien interaction, the couple could come up against a lot of opposition - or they could be accepted rather easily. It all depends. Also, I have the same question here that I had about human friends and enemies. (As you may be able to tell, I get really into character creation and interactions.)

I think that's all I had to say. Hopefully I didn't forget anything (I do that sometimes when making long posts). Good luck with this, it seems ambitious but exciting.

SypherZent
Veteran

#5 Post by SypherZent »

Hello Zelan, thank you for your questions!

These are quite interesting points you bring up! I will be glad to share my vision. ^^

The tests are interesting, too - am I actually going to have to pay attention to what my character is told in class and take the test myself, or am I just choosing whether or not my character pays attention and by extension whether he passes?
Currently, classes and tests are planned a bit differently.
If a teacher asks you a question in class, you will have the option to:
  • Answer the Question
  • Say you don't know
  • Ignore the teacher (or make sarcastic remark, depending on current psychological development)
By choosing to Answer the Question, the user would then have a menu with 3 choices, one of which is the correct answer, which can be deduced from the previous dialogue / short class lecture. Class lectures will be interesting, because they will reveal details and lore about the universe, races, technology, etc.

For tests, you'll have more or less the same options. You can just ditch the test and accept an F grade (this will contribute only 1 point to your school rank, whereas an A would contribute 5 points), or you can take the test and try to answer the questions. Questions will be rephrased versions of the ones presented in class during the previous days.

About your characters: even if you don't have any art for them yet, I'd suggest putting up little descriptions about at least the main characters...
I plan on doing this progressively. The main reason is because new ideas keep emerging and the characters are continuously developing. I also want to see the art to incorporate any details I can into the story and descriptions. The sprite art for one of the main characters is actually underway, so I'm hoping to be able to reveal the first of the cast pretty soon. ^^

Currently, I have plans for 9 main characters, but only 3 main characters are from the human group. Basically, these 3 humans are the ones in your class throughout the year. Interacting with other human students would not provide a sprite or an image, only the text titled "A human student" as the speaker.

One human as a romantic option, and two non-humans as romantic options. The other 6 characters you will be able to befriend or become an enemy.

In Mass Effect, during the story's climax, if you befriended certain people they would show up to help. I want to achieve something like this, to an extent. So it's not all about romance, though I do want to include this with the dating system (special events that can occur on Saturday nights, if you don't just choose to go to sleep lol).

I am hoping these factors help to encourage replayability so that the game feels fresh on the next playthrough.

In the game I am also presenting Character Extras with whom the player can interact at certain times, but they are not necessarily tied into the main plot.
I will be presenting 4 of the Character Extras (2 teachers, one student, and the Principal) this week!

Furthermore, is one (or more) of the love interests an alien? ... politics and perspectives ...
Yes, 2 out of 3 are aliens (different races). For all of the political implications you mentioned, this first game will be mostly getting to know the characters. There will be scenes that can be unlocked, and you will be able to get closer. However, I don't think the time frame will provide for so much dialogue with respect to all of the politics.

For instance, out of the whole school year, you might 'hook up' 2 months before school ends. There will be a lot of plot events going on, and not much time for the characters to go about gossiping about the protagonist's love interests, haha!

However, I actually like this point you brought up. I think it is very interesting and it would make for some exciting dialogue if there is to be a sequel!

Good luck with this, it seems ambitious but exciting.
Thank you! I honestly do not vision it as being too ambitious, so it's interesting to hear this!
Personally, there is so much more I would love to include if I had the resources!

Thanks again for your questions and suggestions, Zelan!
I have at least +1 new idea for the game after reading your post! :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Zelan »

I'm glad I could be of help! ^_^

And man, I wish I were as excited to take real-life tests as I am to take tests in this game. cx I like the system that you have in mind; it would require the reader to pay attention to pass, but still leaves the option of skipping if the reader doesn't care. Plus, I'm all for lore and world-building.

SypherZent
Veteran

#7 Post by SypherZent »

Zelan wrote:I'm glad I could be of help! ^_^

And man, I wish I were as excited to take real-life tests as I am to take tests in this game. cx I like the system that you have in mind; it would require the reader to pay attention to pass, but still leaves the option of skipping if the reader doesn't care. Plus, I'm all for lore and world-building.
That's great to hear!

I already have planned to release a video preview of the Exploration system tomorrow, but I will jot it down so that next week's video can be a preview of the Class system!

SypherZent
Veteran

#8 Post by SypherZent »

Added new video preview of Exploration Event system, as promised! (see initial post)

Edit to Add: Next weekend, video preview will be of Class system.
Creator of Multiverse Heroes & Space Hamster in Turmoil

Want me to code your game?
Check my services thread!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Zelan »

Wow, what a cool system!

I noticed the you also got a chance to show off that feature that you had mentioned about the dialogue changing based on the protagonist's previous actions. Very nice!

My one critique would be your dialogue. In the case of the scientists, I'm assuming that they'd have a little bit of experience and be somewhat professional, so I wouldn't imagine them saying something like, "Woah! That was cool!"

And when it comes to the protagonist's tirade on people being lazy, it's a little boring to just tell the reader that he starts talking. Give us a sentence or two and then go on to say that the protagonist rambles for a while. For example:

I sigh in frustration.

"For the love of [insert appropriate thing here], are you people incompetent? This is an important mission! Would it be impossible to focus for just five minutes?"

Irritated now, I pick up steam as I continue to berate the scientists, accusing them of laziness and apathy for their work. The two of them stare at me with mouths agape, too shocked to even respond.

That may not be exactly the dialogue that you had in mind, but my point is that writing something like that is more interesting than just stating outright that the protagonist is ranting. Have you ever heard the phrase "Show, don't tell?" That's what this is. c: It helps to establish the personality of the characters in a way that draws the reader in and interests them.

Besides that, though, I love the preview video! The stats look to be working very well, and I like the way that each mission has a specific goal.

I can't wait to see the Class system preview next week! ^_^

SypherZent
Veteran

#10 Post by SypherZent »

Thank you for your feedback, Zelan!
I'm assuming that they'd have a little bit of experience and be somewhat professional, so I wouldn't imagine them saying something like...
Actually, all of the people who join you on these events are students.
Since it is Intergalactic High School, everyone will be a student, except for faculty (who do not accompany the students on the missions).

This is actually clarified in the storyline (in the 2nd day of class), but it is a valid point that I had not considered, since it is not evident from the preview.
Thanks for bringing it up!

In many events (including this one), each of these students have their own psychological quirks.
For instance, one of these scientists (Scientist 2) is a coward.
During some of the playthroughs, even if you do the 'right thing' according to your own role, the mission may result in failure, or just higher difficulty due to the inexperience of your crew.

In cases where the mission could result in instant failure because of another character, there will be hints in the dialogue prior to the choice so you can get a gist of their mentality.

And when it comes to the protagonist's tirade on people being lazy, it's a little boring to just tell the reader that he starts talking...
Good point! You are basically saying, less narrating and more dialogue. I could definitely work on this!

All of these events will be polished even further, and at some point I would also like to add simple sprites for these character extras (also for a way to show their race).
I will be sure to take your feedback into account on the next revision of the events. ^^

The stats look to be working very well, and I like the way that each mission has a specific goal.
Thank you!

The mission designs are quite elaborate. I like to view it as parallel universes.
Basically, the same event is going to occur and based on what the protagonist does, things will slightly vary.

In one playthrough you may never encounter this creature. It will just lose interest.
In another playthrough, one or more members may be injured (including the protagonist!).
(Side Note: Protagonist injury results in missing part of a class day, namely the question from that day, which will still be on the test.)

The sample may or may not be acquired...lots of possibilities.
All events are created this way, and I am hoping to make the mission goals diverse.
I plan on even making a whole mission revolve around the most boring aspect of most sandbox games like Minecraft...mining for ore and resources. xD

Will be sure to post more information as the development proceeds!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Zelan »

SypherZent wrote:Actually, all of the people who join you on these events are students.
Since it is Intergalactic High School, everyone will be a student, except for faculty (who do not accompany the students on the missions).
Ah, okay! That makes sense. c:
SypherZent wrote:Good point! You are basically saying, less narrating and more dialogue. I could definitely work on this!

All of these events will be polished even further, and at some point I would also like to add simple sprites for these character extras (also for a way to show their race).
Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying. c: Narration has its place, of course, but dialogue is also important, especially when using the VN format.

Simple sprites are a good idea. Many developers tend to give sprites only to the main characters, which is understandable since art is costly. However, including the sprites makes a VN seem more polished overall.
SypherZent wrote:...lots of possibilities.
That's fantastic - variations like that in your script will add to the game's replayability. :D

I'm glad I could help again! ^_^

SypherZent
Veteran

#12 Post by SypherZent »

Meant to post the character info this week, but I'm slightly behind.

I'm from Puerto Rico and we just lost electricity for over 24 hours.
All 3.5 million residents.
(Edit: Apparently not all 3.5 million, just 1.4m according to the media...)

I lost electricity for 36 hours (RIP groceries, savings).
I believe that many (~1 million) residents still do not have electricity.
Apparently it won't be fully restored until Sunday/Monday.

It will be a few days before we're able to get back into normal living conditions, but I'll try my best to have the next video up either this weekend (Sunday), or before Wednesday next week.

Thanks for understanding and apologies to anyone who may have been lurking and waiting for an update!

SZ

P.S. If you have any friends or family from PR, it's a good time to show your support in any way you can.
I heard an entire Sam's Club lost power, so even the businesses have taken a big hit and lost all sorts of refrigerated/freezer products. Our lifeline as consumers, are the supermarkets and businesses like Sam's, Costco, Walmart, etc.
(Sadly, we don't produce food in Puerto Rico, we import the vast majority of it.)

#ApagonPR is the hashtag to follow if curious.
Youtube results appear by searching blackout Puerto Rico. Can sort by time/filter by this week.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Zelan »

Oh, jeez, that's terrible! From the looks of the news stories there was quite a lot of chaos as a result of the power outage. I hope that everything calms down soon, and the power company figures out what caused the fire so that they can prevent the same thing happening in the future.

Don't worry if you can't make an update because of this, either. c: Real life has a way of butting in when you're trying to keep in touch with people on the Internet. We can wait!

SypherZent
Veteran

#14 Post by SypherZent »

Thanks for the kind words, Zelan!

Apparently there are still some failures. My internet died shortly after posting, came back after a bit.
Lights are holding up thankfully! Still actually getting information on everything.
News outlets also suffered, so there hasn't been too much info aside from the stuff people post.
Don't worry if you can't make an update because of this, either.
Yea, this is true. I like to at least mention it once I've made a plan.
I was still working on pencil and paper and today was able to write up in the script what I had planned, so that worked out!

So far, if everything holds up in my area, I should still be able to get the video out on Sunday as planned. ^^
*fingers crossed* xD

Edit: I was able to add the Race descriptions, though not in an image format as I initially planned.
I will update them to image format soon, and add sprites as the artwork is completed!

Crucifixian
Regular
Projects: Navneta franchise

#15 Post by Crucifixian »

Yo, I'm seeing you are posting a lot on this forum!

Hope the electricity issue works out back home.

Hope to here a lot more from you. Pls don't burn out.

Rival.

:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :D