Helena's Rejection [SuNoFes 2016] [Psychological]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Helena's Rejection [SuNoFes 2016] [Psychological]

#1 Post by mikey »

Helena's Rejection is a short visual novel where a writer completes his biography of prominent industry person Helena Kastakitis. However there is something about the book that Helena disagrees with.

Thank you Chozogal (art) and paradigmshifty (music) for being a part of the project!

You can get the VN here:
https://atpprojects.itch.io/helenasrejection
Attachments
itchio_hrejection_2.png
itchio_hrejection_3.png
itchio_hrejection_1.png

EricaLee22

Re: Helena's Rejection [SuNoFes 2016] [Psychological]

#2 Post by EricaLee22 »

This looks like fun, I will check it out once I get a chance! Oh and I definitely want to check this one because the name Helena is used in one of my favorite songs.

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

Re: Helena's Rejection [SuNoFes 2016] [Psychological]

#3 Post by paradigmshifty »

It might only have been a couple of months ago, but it seems like ages ago that I worked on the music for this! ^^

It was a lot of fun attempting to get the atmosphere and ambient sounds represented.

The VN shows a conversation, but the story goes beyond that into the past and future of these two characters. It's definitely worth checking out (let me know what you think to the music if you do!), the sprite art and BG art are really good! (I really like the deep red lipstick - great job Chozogal)

mikey, your photo edits actually look like painted-over 3d rendered BGs to me, especially the rainy ones. the photoshop is strong!
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique