A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]COMPLETE

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ninjakaami
Projects: Labors of Heracles

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]Kickstarte

#76 Post by ninjakaami »

Ahhhh, So Cute! So Funny! XD

I couldn't keep the big, dumb smile off my face the entire time I was playing the demo; I love it! I can hardly wait for it to be finished. owo

-Which character(s) did you select as the future spouse?

My first pick was January, and ohmigosh, he is just so cuddly. XD After that was Kea. Still cute and very funny, but January was still my favorite.

-Which, if any, of the characters do you like so far?

Best Character, hands down, is Buffalo Seer. Seriously, they are just way too funny and their mannerisms are adorable. ((
Especially how they follow Kea around like a dejected, love-sick puppy. QwQ
))

But it all seriousness, as far as MC goes, I love how Buffalo Seer is portrayed as a character. Rather than being a blank slate for the readers to project themselves onto, they are their own unique, fleshed out character with lots of little quirks that make them a joy to follow in the story. And I adore that. It makes the dynamic between Seer and the other characters feel more authentic. :3

-What are you expecting from the full game?

For all the adorableness and all around good feels from the demo to be quickly torn away from me, and then be left to suffer along with all the characters as they struggle to take back their happy ending. :D I'm a sucker for that sort of masochistic plot.

Regardless of what the plot actually holds in store for us, I'm really very excited to just have more in general. The demo already has me invested, and I'm determined to see this story through. The characters are the strongest pull for me.

-What's your general opinion on the demo?

LOVE IT. MOAR PLZ. :D

-Any other questions, comments, concerns?
I am VERY curious about January's ability as an Abnormal! We see him levitate his binoculars, yes, but I'd like to know exactly how extensive his power is and what all he's capable of((But, I can't, cuz Spoliers! ;3)). So instead I'm just going to ask about abilities that are common among Abnormals in general! Any details you could spare about their culture and Society, and some specifics on how different it is compared to Normals? I'm very curious about the lore.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]Kickstarte

#77 Post by Googaboga »

A Foretold Affair has been Greenlit on Steam! Thank you very much for all the support!

ninjakaami wrote:Ahhhh, So Cute! So Funny! XD

I couldn't keep the big, dumb smile off my face the entire time I was playing the demo; I love it! I can hardly wait for it to be finished. owo
Aaw, thank you very much :mrgreen:. We're happy you had a good time with it.
ninjakaami wrote:My first pick was January, and ohmigosh, he is just so cuddly. XD After that was Kea. Still cute and very funny, but January was still my favorite.
Haha, good to know~
ninjakaami wrote:Best Character, hands down, is Buffalo Seer. Seriously, they are just way too funny and their mannerisms are adorable. ((
Especially how they follow Kea around like a dejected, love-sick puppy. QwQ
))

But it all seriousness, as far as MC goes, I love how Buffalo Seer is portrayed as a character. Rather than being a blank slate for the readers to project themselves onto, they are their own unique, fleshed out character with lots of little quirks that make them a joy to follow in the story. And I adore that. It makes the dynamic between Seer and the other characters feel more authentic. :3
That's great! Seer can be a tough character to sell in general, but it makes it even harder since they're the MC. It's always reassuring to hear that people like them ^v^.
ninjakaami wrote:For all the adorableness and all around good feels from the demo to be quickly torn away from me, and then be left to suffer along with all the characters as they struggle to take back their happy ending. :D I'm a sucker for that sort of masochistic plot.

Regardless of what the plot actually holds in store for us, I'm really very excited to just have more in general. The demo already has me invested, and I'm determined to see this story through. The characters are the strongest pull for me.
Well, I can say the trip is definitely not going to be a smooth one :wink:.
ninjakaami wrote:LOVE IT. MOAR PLZ. :D
Thanks. We'll do our best to get it finished up soon!
ninjakaami wrote:
I am VERY curious about January's ability as an Abnormal! We see him levitate his binoculars, yes, but I'd like to know exactly how extensive his power is and what all he's capable of((But, I can't, cuz Spoliers! ;3)). So instead I'm just going to ask about abilities that are common among Abnormals in general! Any details you could spare about their culture and Society, and some specifics on how different it is compared to Normals? I'm very curious about the lore.
Sure thing :]. A person's ability is determined by which region they're from. In Vespen someone is either Normal, a Seer, or a Reader. Because Vespen is one of the smaller regions, there are not many Abnormals who are Seers or Readers.

Abnormals towns are generally kept to their regional types. Meaning anyone who happened to be born in one region but had an ability from another region would be sent away to live in the region their ability comes from. The only exception is when there is an important job to full, but no Abnormal in that region is capable of it. Like, every Abnormal town has at least one Healer.

Each region has a pattern to represent it in Abnormal societies. Vespen's pattern is a hollow circle with a flower/star-like symbol inside. Out of the four normal Abnormals shown, three have that pattern; Buffalo Seer, Antelope Reader, and Bird Seer. The remaining one, Dog Healer, has a different pattern on their cloak because Healers aren't from Vespen. Their pattern is a spiraling square.

The way they live their lives is totally different from Normal Society. There's no money system and people have very little that belongs specifically to them. They can afford to do this because their lifestyle is funded by the Normal government in their region. The people in Normal societies really don't want to compete against super powered people, so Abnormal towns are given as much as they need to live comfortably in the style that they've decided to live.

An Abnormal as a bedroom, the simple furniture inside the room, a mask, and a few outfits (that consist of a cloak, gloves, shoes, etc) that are theirs alone, everything else is communally owned and shared. Every job is treated as equally important and there's never any special treatment. Even the leaders of the town have just as much as any random child.

They stamp out individuality for the sake of equality and tradition. The original reason why people aren't meant to distinguish themselves from the crowd was an attempt to stop close relationships from forming and, more specifically, to avoid people getting pregnant. The concept of keeping things the same expanded to more and more things and the people ultimately started framing it in a more positive light as something that makes everything fair and something that's just a part of their culture.

Abnormals aren't meant to have children for a couple reasons. For starters, every Abnormal born in the much larger Normal population has to sent to and raised by an Abnormal town. That's already enough (and sometimes more than enough) children for a town to handle. But most importantly, being Abnormal doesn't increase your chances of having an Abnormal child. That means that the majority of babies born would be Normal and therefore would need to be removed from their towns. Abnormals highly disapprove of the way parentless children are handled in Normal societies and even if they didn't, Normals wouldn't want to pay for the Abnormals and take all their Normal kids as orphans into their own society. Plus, if someone with an especially powerful/dangerous ability was told their child was going to be taken from them it could easily become disastrous.

And that's most of the basics~
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Rarykos
Completed: Kinsale Horror, Hug me I'm cold
Projects: When Night Ends
Tumblr: rarykos

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy Adven][?xG/B/X]Demo

#78 Post by Rarykos »

Hey I love it! :D
It looks incredible, congratulations on that part!
Quite an interesting story and it looks like I'm not alone in my opinion - the best character is Buffalo Seer :D

Good job on getting greenlit!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#79 Post by Googaboga »

@Rarykos
Thank you very mch ^.^~
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#80 Post by Googaboga »

The demo has been updated to include a bit more content. A choice was added near the end. You can download the latest version here-
https://gbpatch.itch.io/a-foretold-affair-demo

⚜Features:
-30,000 word script
-3 romance options (one male, one female, one agender)
-Choose pronouns (he, she, or they) and a ‘Normal’ name for the MC
-Lite animation effects
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#81 Post by Googaboga »

Hello~

We're happy to say that we're going to be updating the demo one final time. This last update is going to add the alternate outfit mode as a feature. So, for the length of the demo, you'll be able to switch characters back and forth between their standard outfit and their extra outfit. And it's chosen individually, meaning if you only want one or two of the characters to be in their alternate outfits, you can do that. The update should happen within the next few weeks!

If it's added in time, the new demo will also include the CG gallery.
In-Progress:
Released:

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#82 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

Annnddd I just realized January is a guy > <

Good job on the Demo! :D

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#83 Post by Googaboga »

Atomic-Invasion wrote:Annnddd I just realized January is a guy > <

Good job on the Demo! :D
Haha, yep, in that outfit you can definitely tell he's a guy.

Thank you ^^!
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#84 Post by Googaboga »

The demo with the alternate outfit mode is now available! Have fun running around with Seer and the gang, only this time with characters in much-less-appropriate-for-the-situation clothes.

Download here:
https://gbpatch.itch.io/a-foretold-affair-demo

⚜Features:
-30,000 word script
-3 romance options (one male, one female, one agender)
-Choose pronouns (he, she, or they) and a ‘Normal’ name for the MC
-Lite animation effects
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]Release Da

#85 Post by Googaboga »

We have a release date for the Itch.io build of A Foretold Affair! January 30th, 2017~

The Steam version will likely be released in February, if all the paperwork comes through in time.

In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]Release Da

#86 Post by Googaboga »

It's getting really close to the release date. If you're thinking of getting the game, we have good news: you can possibly win a copy (plus a bunch of other neat stuff) in one of our two giveaways!
Tumblr Giveaway
Twitter/Facebook Giveaway
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: A Foretold Affair [Steampunk-Fantasy][?xG/B/X]COMPLETE

#87 Post by Googaboga »

Our touching and inclusive steampunk-fantasy Visual Novel "A Foretold Affair" is available now on Windows, Mac, and Linux for only 12.99$!
There's a demo you can try there too~
✧✧✧✧✧
In-Progress:
Released: