[Casual] [Steam] [16+] The Herbalist / Travnica / Травница

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
iichan_lolbot
Veteran
Projects: iichan erogame

[Casual] [Steam] [16+] The Herbalist / Travnica / Травница

#1 Post by iichan_lolbot »

Hi,

"The Herbalist" is a calm and meditative logic puzzle game from the creators of "Everlasting Summer". Along with Slavya you will need to recreate magical potions recipes. The game features colorful anime style graphics, pleasant soft soundtrack and fruity plot scenes.

This is a game about gathering herbs, making unique potions for fun and profit, getting into weird and spicy situations.

Now we are working on version 1.2, which would be released after passing Steam Greenlight, so please help with the votes.

First version of the game was Travnica 0.9 released in 2014 in Russian only.
Since then we have added some items, English translation and improved UI.
All released versions (0.9-1.1.2) are available at https://download.moonworks.ru/ for free.
Free mobile version of 1.1 series: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .herbalist

New game features in v1.2.0.x:
1) Lots of new ingredients and potions
2) Plot line and new scenes
3) New music
4) Items using mechanics (you can eat the food, drink the potions, etc)
5) Renewed recipes book
6) Modding feature (you can add locations, items, recipies, events, whatever)
7) Achievements
cg02.png
cg05.png
1474927571167265988.jpg
1474927186199926182.png

AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: [Casual] [Steam] [16+] The Herbalist / Travnica / Травни

#2 Post by AntiquedFae »

This looks like a dream come true to my foraging and crafting loving self, so there is no way I can resist giving this a try! I have never heard of it before (such a shame!) but I am very excited to try. I just hope my utterly clueless self grabbed the correct file. -.-;
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#3 Post by AntiquedFae »

So after playing the game for awhile, my overall feelings are that it is a really lovely premise which I love, however, it overall seems unfinished, like a beta. Looking at your 1.2 version though, it seems that most of the things I have complaints about will be fixed.

I also want to say that the Anglo-Saxon(?) runes are a lovely touch. I know some but this game has been an awesome refresher course on them, as well as teaching me a few new ones, which I very much enjoy!

I am looking very forward to seeing more of this game.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

lockpicklogic
Regular

#4 Post by lockpicklogic »

27 potions, 20 fails, 12 scenes and 4 hours later and I am once again at peace with the world. :)
Thank you for releasing this great game with such beautiful artwork. I love that kitten, though. Meow... Mrow... Hiss! :lol: And the kitten scene is so cute!
Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.
-- Clementine Paddelford --

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#5 Post by LizardRobot »

I see you guys got through Greenlight, congrats! I very much enjoyed playing the game, though I wasn't able to unlock all of the CGs, so I'm looking forward to when someone puts together a Steam guide so I can figure out the last two.

In the beginning of the game, I did get a little confused. I was afraid to go to sleep the first day because the game text said to eat an apple before bed, and I couldn't figure out how to get the character to eat the apple. Eventually I braved going to sleep and then discovered I just needed an apple in my inventory! :)

It was very interesting playing a game with a 1=1 runic letter substitution, because I played a game as a child that used the same thing: Ultima 6. When I was little I learned all the runic letters so I could read things in the game, and while my skills were a bit rusty, it was strange to be able to almost read some of the items, and then after playing the game, I eventually remembered all the runes used in the game and was able to read the item names with ease.

Once I realized the way the potion recipes worked, it was easy to get all 27. I kept going after I got all the potions to try and get all the CGs and even though I didn't manage it, it was still enjoyable and fun! It's a really solid little game and I look forward to unlocking the steam achievements.

iichan_lolbot
Veteran
Projects: iichan erogame

#6 Post by iichan_lolbot »

And finally, we have released our "Travnica" at Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/542260

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by indoneko »

Just downloaded this game today (non-steam version), and I'd like to admit that I enjoy this game. I haven't played for long so I can't comment about the story/plot, but I'm already pleased with the art and music so far. Kudos to the developer, and thank you for making this great game.

PS :
I'm curious about the mods... has anybody made one already?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe