Rumor (Temp title) [BxG/BxB][Romance, Mystery]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Miya Moo
Regular
Projects: Truth Unveiled
Organization: Maple Leaf Studio
Tumblr: miyarishirou
Deviantart: ladymiyarishirou

Rumor (Temp title) [BxG/BxB][Romance, Mystery]

#1 Post by Miya Moo »

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by to read! I'll get right down to it.

Honestly, I don't have much to show since I work 16 hours a day. Time is not on my side. I don't know coding so I use Tyranobuilder but if there's any programmer willing to help that wishes to use Ren'py, that's fine by me.

Inspiration
So my idea stemmed from playing/watching a few otome/bl VNs and I find that they make you pick a route based on either your decision to interact with certain characters or pick based on whom you agree with most.

But I find that sometimes, you want to have cake and eat it too. Why can't you befriend some characters, pick one to date, and be enemies with others without a bad ending?
I want to actually reject someone, or everyone!
I want to be able to have a best friend and call/text them throughout the game and have a good time whilst having a bf as well.

While I was playing Mystic Messenger, I realized: I don't wanna date any of these guys. I wanted to just be friends with the characters. But no, the game made me choose someone by taking away my neutral options (I know it's otome game but that's just my opinion).

Ideas, Characters
At the moment, it is set in a rather prestigious college and your MC (can be female or male, name-able but they have their own personality) is a young professor.

There are to be 6-7 suitors.
*One being Joe, the friendly 30 y/o janitor that knows everyone's business
*Another being "Anonymous", an instigating snoop that'll try to sabotage the reputation of anyone you choose to date
*Raine, the deaf grocery store clerk who isn't much of a talker but is that "will bring you McDonald's on the middle of the night" type
...And the rest aren't developed yet.
The ages range from 19-30
Your character is 24

Plot
The simple plot right now is that your character notices the absence of many of their students and that tips them off to try and investigate what's been happening, resulting in the meeting of these characters. MC is very smart and graduated college early. They teach English and make great salary, yet they long for excitement. They never truly got to be a reckless young adult because their parents' standards always weighed on them.
To put it lightly, MC is rather miserable.

Extra
I want there to be much diversity amongst characters. I imagine one young suitor with burns on his face that is very outgoing and lively despite his appearance. One or two dark skinned characters as well.

There is also an interactive tutorial guide that criticizes your decisions throughout the game. We just call him Tutorial. His sex changes depending on the sex of your MC. He can and will even wind getting angry with you if you choose to treat every character poorly. He's been with the MC since their youth and acts as their conscience.
He cares but shows it through passive aggressiveness instead of kindness.

The working title "Rumor" comes from an idea I had that based on how you treat your students and how good/bad your reputation is at the college, students and staff may or may not spread rumors about you. If a nasty rumor is started that you, say, are dating many suitors at once, it's more likely to be believed and passed around if you've made many enemies. In turn, this hurts your relationships and may result in irreparable damage, causing that suitor to no longer be interested.

I also had the idea that one or more suitors may kill you if you play with their emotions/treat them badly enough.

Summary
I'm in need of writers and programmers right now. I technically don't have enough for this to be considered a work in progress. I'd like to ask for your opinions, advice, and help with this project so that we may make it a fully fledged VN with many choices at the player's disposal. Thanks for reading! Miya, signing off

*Update: This project will be non-commerical, however, we may wind up making a Kickstarter after a demo is released
Attachments
scr1.png
scr2.png
scr3.png
scr4.png
scr5.png